• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wait.. er...

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
Why on earth is it whenever you go to a restaurant, and sit down.. you order a drink, a starter food (nacho's, chips & salsa, etc.) then you order your meal..

Why on earth do the servers continuously come back every 2 minutes and ask if everything is okay?!

I mean, WHAT THE FUCK.. I have a piece of steak in my mouth.. I'm so fucking paranoid about the whole situation, I'll look around the whole fucking room to make sure I don't see my server.. I'll put the piece of steak in my mouth, and BAM! Fucking bitch pops outta nowhere.

"How is your meal? Is everything okay? Do you need anything?"

Is it just not possible to eat in piece? You have no idea how many times I've wanted to lay $10.00 (all in ones) on the table and just start taking a dollar away, everytime I get interrupted. I bet they fucking stay away then.

Of course knowing my luck, thats when I'll want someone to give me a refill..

Honestly though. The other night I was out eating at a restaurant and I got interrupted after getting my food at least 5-7 times. I ordered a Sirloin and Fries. She asked me 5-7 times (however many times she kept coming back around) if the meal was okay.

If it wasn't, why would I still fucking be eating it and not bitching for a refund?!

It's what they get paid to do lol i dont think they really care if your enjoying it or not just covering their own ass. they probly have a quota to fill.

It's what they get paid to do lol i dont think they really care if your enjoying it or not just covering their own ass. they probly have a quota to fill.

I used to be a waiter. I made damn good tips too. And I sure as hell didn't bug my customers every 2 minutes, repeating myself. All I ever did was deliver their food. Give them refills when I kept an eye on them from a distance. Watched for any of them, who seemed curious about something. And asked once, in the middle of them eating, if everything came out okay.

While I wouldn't discount the quota issue, I doubt they're now seen as similar to cops. Albeit Waiters/Waitresses live off of tips as they get screwed in the wages department. Restaurants believe on average if you're properly doing your job you would receive 'x' amount of tips per night. So they minus that and pay you like $3.25-4.75 an hour.. and can do so, as the tips would equal out as if you were making minimum wage, if not more.

Yet you can't always be guaranteed to make that much in tips. So it screws them over.

While I wouldn't discount the quota issue, I doubt they're now seen as similar to cops. Albeit Waiters/Waitresses live off of tips as they get screwed in the wages department. Restaurants believe on average if you're properly doing your job you would receive 'x' amount of tips per night. So they minus that and pay you like $3.25-4.75 an hour.. and can do so, as the tips would equal out as if you were making minimum wage, if not more.

In the restaurant I work at, they make about $8-10/hr plus tips, in a bad day they probably make $150+. On a good day probably $250+

I have been to Golden Corral, Ponderosa, Ryans, and Bob Evans. Good waiters most of the time. I don't know maybe they don't like you Will.

I was out to Bob Evans the other day and had some awesome B-B-Q babyback ribs. Good Mashed Potatoes too.

You would be surprised to hear the kids in my school Phatso. they cuss like sailors, some smoke, some drink, heck some even do drugs and have sex. This is all in my grade. And I am in 7th grade.

Whats wrong with that. I did'nt drink but I smoked pot in the 7th grade and I've smoked since I was 11. And hell Idn how long i've been cussing. No one really cares. You just learn to embrace it. Wait untill you get in highschool and tell me how any more people do the shit you just said. Prolly you included.

Whats wrong with that. I did'nt drink but I smoked pot in the 7th grade and I've smoked since I was 11. And hell Idn how long i've been cussing. No one really cares. You just learn to embrace it. Wait untill you get in highschool and tell me how any more people do the shit you just said. Prolly you included.

I dont understand people who do that, not neccessary IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back