• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Food, food, and more food, the food thread.

Ferbian

Has Returned.
So, time to start drooling guys, let's hear something about your favorite kind of dish(es)

My personal favorite is a Danish dish, we eat it for Christmas, Duck, normal potatoes, brown potatoes (made on a frying pan, while adding a caramelized layer with sugar and butter, sounds fattening, but oh boy does it taste good) and gravy, sometimes we get Pork roast as well (another traditional Danish thing, adds up with the rest perfectly, can even be made without the Duck, but Duck is the thing to eat in Denmark at Christmas)

Secondly I have a weakness for taco, overall just taco.

Share yours, and stop drooling over mine, I know you're doing it, hands off! :disappointed:

I love Mexican food. I could eat tortilla chips and burritos all day. I also love Italian food. Living there was awesome because of all the authentic dishes I could get.

Im a sucker for chinese food. I dont know how many of you have heard of it, but there is this place called Benihana and my favorite dish is fried rice and teriyaki steak. I cant even describe how good it is. Just look at it...

2009-12-fl-food12.png

I love Mexican food. I could eat tortilla chips and burritos all day. I also love Italian food. Living there was awesome because of all the authentic dishes I could get.

Same here. Unfortunately, I cant get a fuckin thing that is remotely good or authentic in the part of the country I know reside

Mexican food is awesome. Burritos, enchilidas, anything.
British food is pretty rubbish. Bland and heavy, apart from Yorkshire puddings. Basically batter poured into a baking tray of hot oil so it rises and kind of fries/bakes. Don't know why it tastes so good, though.

Señor Truth;2074944 said:
I'm a barbecue fiend. Brisket, chicken, pulled pork, ribs, you name it, I'll scarf it down.

this. Barbeque >>> Mexican food. At least in my opinion.

Yup. I'm a sucker for Puertorican food. I wonder why. Rice and beans are a typical platter here, but usually go with something else. Onion marinaded steak, mofongo (just had some), and all that stuff. Its great, but I get the drools when I see Mexican, Chinese and sushi. I get my Mexican food at Taco Maker. They serve you some big ass plates filled with chips and dip, a salad, a burrito and a taco. All for $6. Nice. Chinese food is actually my neighbors, name. There's an awesome restaurant close by. Sadly, I have yet to see one here that sells the noodles or however you call them.

I love English food. Sadly, I doubt I'll be going there ever again, since I don't have any family to see there anymore.

I love steak and kidney pudding.

this. Barbeque >>> Mexican food. At least in my opinion.

I love barbecued spareribs, but I'd still rather eat a Mexican pancake with everything to follow.

I can't believe I forgot about steak, I love a nice piece of pepper steak, potatoes, (favorite kind of potatoes is hazel baked potatoes.. god, I haven't eaten that in months, should fix that) and Whiskey sauce, yum.

I love English food. Sadly, I doubt I'll be going there ever again, since I don't have any family to see there anymore.

Kidney pudding? Sounds gross, but I would try it. When I was in England, I ate all kinds of pie. Pie with beef or chicken in it. Amazing stuff. And they were huge.

We have a guy at work from Bosnia, tried to make us one of their national dishes, called Burek (comes in both Meat, Vegetables and cheese variations) tastes delicious, but it's not my favorite, just felt like sharing.

Kidney pudding? Sounds gross, but I would try it. When I was in England, I ate all kinds of pie. Pie with beef or chicken in it. Amazing stuff. And they were huge.

Steak and Kidney pudding is delicious. Imagine the pudding to be like...Bisquick stuff.

Steak and Kidney Pie is quite awesome too. And pork pies. And chicken pies.

I like pie.

Señor Truth;2075116 said:
It's my favorite type of food, but I tend to have it no more then half a dozen times a year.

I wasn't saying that you were eating food for it to be unhealthy, seeing as you said you'd scarf anything down, here have a plant. :)

Really?! I always thought the stereotype was that we had rubbish, boring food.

Señor Truth;2075147 said:
Is it barbecued plant?

The plant stays non barbecued, I can barbecue the dirt though, would take a while, but I could do it, I think, I'm not a good cook.

Can't you just eat the plant and stop complaining? :(

Mexican food by far. Obviously not like Taco Bell and shit. Little Tijuana is like 5 minutes away from my house. There is no actual place called Little Tijuana but Oxnard is a a good mix between city and crops. We have a large Hispanic population which is awesome because they open up little taco stands and shit everywhere. Literally, on one street alone there is 6 restaurants called Taco De Mexico. They aren't the same place; they all have different menus with different shit. Maybe the owners just aren't creative.

My favorite: a burrito with barbacoa, beans, onions, cilantro and a green tomatillo sauce. I have nothing against cheese and sourcream but it's not needed here.

All this talk about Mexican food is making me hungry- I love it. My town has a huge Puerto Rican population, so there's lots of little PR restaurants. Delicious food.

Mexican food by far. Obviously not like Taco Bell and shit. Little Tijuana is like 5 minutes away from my house. There is no actual place called Little Tijuana but Oxnard is a a good mix between city and crops. We have a large Hispanic population which is awesome because they open up little taco stands and shit everywhere. Literally, on one street alone there is 6 restaurants called Taco De Mexico. They aren't the same place; they all have different menus with different shit. Maybe the owners just aren't creative.

My favorite: a burrito with barbacoa, beans, onions, cilantro and a green tomatillo sauce. I have nothing against cheese and sourcream but it's not needed here.

ugh, making me think of home :(

it aint like that our here, Bar. It aint like that :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back