• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batista VS John Cena - WWE Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOSS Productions

Pre-Show Stalwart
zje3ip.jpg

From the Main WZ site
it was announced on RAW that Batista will defend the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 26 against John Cena. Cena won the rights in a match with Batista, where Batista purposely got himself disqualified to put Cena into the match with him at WrestleMania.

Finally the match I am most looking forward to this WrestleMania has been confirmed and well I for one can't wait.

This is a dream match for me and I really want the Animal to make it 3-0 against Cena but I would be happy with Cena winning as well either way I am happy.

This going to be an amazing match , both of them alone in the ring at Mania is good enough for me I CAN'T WAIT.

Who do you think is going to win ?

Who do you want to win ?

Discuss.

Yeah this is going to be a great match considering their last match was awesome. So far I think wrestlemania is going to be AWESOME and this match is going to be a big reason why I'm ordering the ppv. I hope this isn't a total let down because i'm so hyped up for this match. I know you call batista boretista and you say cena only has five moves but that won't keep this from being a great match.

WWE ruined this by having them face off at SS 08. I already saw it at SS nothing special and nothing will be different. Bathroom break/refill match. BORING.

This match is nothing more than Vince McMahon's wet dream.

I'm pretty sure it will be a physical match, overflowing with storytelling and technical prowess...or not. In any case, it will be upstaged by the whole Vince McMahon / Bret Hart situation. They will no doubt be at ringside, rooting for their respective pals. Because they brought Bret back, and totally screwed it up...so they have to make some use of him.

I am not compelled to watch this match at all. It will no doubt be outdone by Edge / Jericho and HBK / Undertaker II. I'm glad I'm going to my friend's house to watch Wrestlemania, and not paying out of my own pocket for it.

this could end up being another brock lesner vs goldberg. alot of people dont really care bout either one. baista is a joke and even though cena is a better wrestler, he is limited in his move set setting up a possible disappointment of a title match. i do see hart getting involved and screwing vinces guy batista making cena the ultimate hero in the match

this is the match that im actully not looking forward i think it will be slow and boring match, both of these guys always need some normal wrestler who can help them to even carry the match but alone they are both nothing i saw that in ss08 and i know it will be the same at wm

this is the match that im actully not looking forward i think it will be slow and boring match, both of these guys always need some normal wrestler who can help them to even carry the match but alone they are both nothing i saw that in ss08 and i know it will be the same at wm

Their match at Summerslam was one of the best matches of 2008 so I don't know what you are talking about. Batista is arguably at the hottest period since 2005. His heel turn has awesome and has changed his style in the ring and Cena has been great as of late. I'm looking forward to this match now that it is heel vs. face and I believe it will be one of the best matches at WM 26. I imagine Cena would win because he lost to Batista at Summerslam and he could say that Batista put him out of action during that match.

WWE ruined this by having them face off at SS 08. I already saw it at SS nothing special and nothing will be different. Bathroom break/refill match. BORING.

Really? So a match that took place a year and a half ago ruins something for you? Let me tell you a few differences between this match coming up, and the match in 2008. Did you know Batista is a heel? Because he is. Back in 2008, if I recall correctly, it was face vs. face. So Batista being heel, kind of changes things. He can now go balls out and be a sadistic freak in the ring. Last night when he started beating him with a chair, not something you would have seen in 2008 would you? Go enjoy your bathroom break while the rest of us enjoy a good match.

this could end up being another brock lesner vs goldberg. alot of people dont really care bout either one. baista is a joke and even though cena is a better wrestler, he is limited in his move set setting up a possible disappointment of a title match. i do see hart getting involved and screwing vinces guy batista making cena the ultimate hero in the match

This is a completely ridiculous statement. People don't care about Batista? Are you high? When he was a face he was getting some very good pops. As a heel, he is getting great heat. I'd say people care whether they know it or not. And your most asinine statement that people don't care about John Cena. Yes, the face of the company, and nobody cares about him. That is just funny. I'd say the pops that he gets are awesome. A lot of people cheer for him. And what does his moveset have to do with anything? He performs his moves in the ring better than others do theirs.

Now personally, I am not expecting a Benoit vs. Angle type of match. However, I am expecting a brawl, and it should be a good one, and fun for the crowd. Cena is going to have his hands full, and somehow it won't surprise me for this to be named a No-DQ match. Vince will likely try and get himself into the match to screw Cena, and maybe Bret gets the save. I don't know. I look forward to this match though, as I can see it being a war.

You could be a mutt or a bitch (face and heel) but at the end of the day your still a dog (wrestler). Granted Batista being a heel is great IMO but it wont change their match and it will be the same as their match at SS or pretty damn close. Nothing special and pretty boring.

Really? So a match that took place a year and a half ago ruins something for you? Let me tell you a few differences between this match coming up, and the match in 2008. Did you know Batista is a heel? Because he is. Back in 2008, if I recall correctly, it was face vs. face. So Batista being heel, kind of changes things. He can now go balls out and be a sadistic freak in the ring. Last night when he started beating him with a chair, not something you would have seen in 2008 would you? Go enjoy your bathroom break while the rest of us enjoy a good match.

This is a completely ridiculous statement. People don't care about Batista? Are you high? When he was a face he was getting some very good pops. As a heel, he is getting great heat. I'd say people care whether they know it or not. And your most asinine statement that people don't care about John Cena. Yes, the face of the company, and nobody cares about him. That is just funny. I'd say the pops that he gets are awesome. A lot of people cheer for him. And what does his moveset have to do with anything? He performs his moves in the ring better than others do theirs.

Now personally, I am not expecting a Benoit vs. Angle type of match. However, I am expecting a brawl, and it should be a good one, and fun for the crowd. Cena is going to have his hands full, and somehow it won't surprise me for this to be named a No-DQ match. Vince will likely try and get himself into the match to screw Cena, and maybe Bret gets the save. I don't know. I look forward to this match though, as I can see it being a war.

pretty much took the words out of my mouth here, its a breath of fresh air from the matches we had last year. hhh vs orton 9,000 and a triple threat that was just thrown together for no reason at all. Mania 26 is lookin like it could possibly be one of the best ever! and im excited for all of the matches

I'm really looking forward to this match.

Back when Cena and Batista wrestled at Summerslam in 2008 or whenever it was, it was a really decent match that surpassed my expectations. I wasn't looking forward to it, because Batista hadn't been good since he won his first title, and I sort of felt like he was going through the motions. John Cena was booked as being the superhero. I thought it was going to be a borefest, and what it wound up being was a 15 minute match that I really enjoyed. It demonstrated to me that when Batista has the opportunity to be on, he can go out there and do great things. Just like Undertaker/Batista at Wrestlemania a few years ago... I was expecting a borefest out of that too, and it wound up being a match of the year candidate.

I've been waiting for this side of Batista to come out for awhile now. Back when he was separated from D-Von for the first time, and started getting managed by Flair, he showed that he had a lot of potential as a complete monster who destroys people. And that's what he was. His matches were entertaining and he was impressive to look at. Then he became a face, and that limited him. Now after five long years, he's demonstrating some of that explosiveness that he showed when he came out on the scene, and is fully being utilized to his potential as a complete monster who will destroy everything in his path. That beatdown of Cena last night was unreal, and it sold me on their Wrestlemania match. They've been building it up slowly, with Batista allowing Punk to beat him to get into the Chamber, and the Bret Hart beatdown. It was also a great idea to put the title on Batista, because Cena's always better when he's chasing for the title.

What I like about Batista and Cena, and why this match is special is because for the most part, their paths have never really crossed. Besides the Summerslam match, they've always been on separate paths. This isn't Cena/HHH 229383 or Cena/Orton 39382928191. This is something we're getting for the second time. The fans have a reason to order Wrestlemania for this match, especially with Bret Hart and Vince McMahon's involvement as well.

I loved the booking of last night too. Batista WANTS Cena. They're not going to pussyfoot around the build to this match either with Sheamus getting involved. For the next month, I think Batista's going to try to break Cena's spirit. Last night was the beginning of that. Surprisingly enough, I don't even like Cena or Batista that much, and I'm looking forward to their match more than Jericho vs. Edge, two wrestlers who I like.

Orton/HHH was looked at as a let-down last year, because it followed HBK/Undertaker's five star classic. It would have been a passable match otherwise, but it should have been No-DQ.

Either way, this match needs to be No-DQ. I also think that HBK vs. Undertaker should be the main event, so that the WWE Title match doesn't suffer like it did last year. Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker, are unbelievably top what that they did last year (especially with so much on the line), and anything after that match, no matter what, is going to suffer because the audience is going to be burnt out.

this could end up being another brock lesner vs goldberg. alot of people dont really care bout either one. baista is a joke and even though cena is a better wrestler, he is limited in his move set setting up a possible disappointment of a title match.

Go watch their Summerslam match again. It wasn't a five star classic, but it was a real decent wrestling match. This is on the biggest stage and there's a clearly defined face and heel this go-around with Cena and Batista. It opens them up to do a lot more.

Also, the people who don't really care about Cena and Batista are smarks and don't represent wrestling fans as a whole. The IWC is a small portion of the wrestling fanbase. The only person who looks at the IWC as an important piece of the fanbase is Vince Russo, and we all know about the type of writer that he is. Batista and John Cena are popular for a reason. They appeal to the average fan who is going to pay to see this match.

You could be a mutt or a bitch (face and heel) but at the end of the day your still a dog (wrestler). Granted Batista being a heel is great IMO but it wont change their match and it will be the same as their match at SS or pretty damn close. Nothing special and pretty boring.

This makes no sense. Their Summerslam match was very good, and this match has the potential to be great because it won't be face vs. face. Batista will be allowed to be a heel. He's better when he's a heel and he usually brings it for Wrestlemania. A better story will also be able to be told as well if this match is built correctly and so far, that beatdown has sold me and just about every other wrestling fan who has a pulse. This storyline, by the way, coupled in with what is going on with Bret Hart, has enabled Vince McMahon to be something he hasn't been in a LONG time, an amazing heel.

Reactions: TLC

Are you saying no one cares about Batista or Cena, your damn near insane if that is what your stating , if a fan pops or boos either men then you know for sure that they care.

Brock Lesnar VS Bill Goldberg was something way different , it was an over hyped match that did not live up to the hype and this was because both athletes were on there way out of the WWE and did not want to risk getting injured (at least that is what I heard) and so the fans booed so hard that it actually got to the wrestlers head and so they put on a lack luster match but if it were not for those reasons we would have an excellent match between Brock and Bill , Cena and Batista on the other hand are not going no where and so they should be able to put on a great match not to mention steal the show, so don't underestimate a wrestler based on there move-set because guys like The Rock and Triple H are not exactly what you would call an in ring technician.

Lol at the dillusional posters that think no one cares about Bastisa vs. Cena at Wrestlemania. When you look at the list of Big Money Matches left in the WWE, Batista vs. Cena is on the tops of that list. Batista vs. Cena is the one match that has enough fire power in it to be a bigger match then Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels.

These two put on a damn good match in 2008, while both were face. Now the fact that you have Batista as a heel, and not the weak cowardly variety, but the strong dominating variety, against an uber face in John Cena, you're talking about people buying in hook, line and sinker.

Already, the last few weeks the WWE has made it look like John Cena has almost no chance of winning this match, and with four weeks to go, they are going to make it look almost damn near impossible for Cena to win the Title. Big Dave has dominated Cena every time they have been in the ring as of late (Sans Royal Rumble). This is exaclty the main event the WWE has needed.

If there is a match that can close the show other than Taker/HBK, it is this one. Remember the Vince/Hogan classic, and Rock/Austin classics of Wrestlemania 19? Followed by Angle/Lesnar and was a great match with the crowd still pumped up for it.

With Vince and potentially Bret having some involvement in this the energy will still be there. If Batista beats Cena’s ass enough leading up into ‘Mania the payoff will be there and this can and should close the show. I don’t think you can close a ‘Mania without someone raising the title in the air with fireworks. They did it before, and I personally think it fell flat.

Batista and Cena will tell one hell of a story in that damn ring on March 28, and it will be a treat for wrestling fans. I hope this has a great old school feel to it, and it doesn’t need blood, but I hope it isn’t a “PG” match.

How great would it be if JR came back at ‘Mania and called this match?

So I have to drop more knowledge on you? Alright, if I must. I guess I must show you the light, as you won't look for it yourself. Mutt or bitch? Who the hell uses that terminology when talking about wrestlers? So wrestlers are dogs now? Shit, can someone pass me the memo that told me wrestlers can be kept as pets?!?!

You said it yourself, Batista is a great heel. He is destructive, has no care in the world to be a fan favorite, no remorse, and will do his damndest to beat John Cena into the ground. Like I said earlier, those chairshots were sick. A defenseless John Cena couldn't defend himself. Batista didn't care. He just wants to inflict pain upon his opponents. How does something like that not be more beneficial to a story and a match? With this, Cena will have to dig deep to get a victory.

Face or heel, it makes a huge difference in a match. Batista won't worry about being fair. He is going to inflict pain, and possibly to a higher degree than just chairshots to the back. Was Batista a sadistic bastard in 2008? I don't think so. So as I said before, if you are going to take a bathroom break during what should be a good match, then go ahead, the rest of us fans will enjoy the match. Heel or face it doesn't make a difference. Ha, I love how you talked out of your ass on that one.

Actually the Card does look special. This one is different from Their Summerslam match already because of the way it has been settled. Batista is a heel and even if you don't want to admit it, he has been very good at it and being a Monster heel suits him very well, also the fact that even though he is a heel he can beat Cena and outpower him and break his spirit change things from what you have seen in the past. Unlike most Heels, Batista can outmatch Cena blow for blow, thus far making Cena change how puts his strategy together. Batista won't tap that easy, the AA probably won't work if applied only one time. Cena is a man who's spirit is unbreakable but so is Batista's and the worst of it is that Batista has no inhibitions.

Bare with me with the Drama (and truth be told, I am not fan of either man) but storyline wise the WWE is treating you with a Superman VS Bizarro kind of match. The only thing Cena has going for him is that he is the good guy but storyline wise, Cena might have found the villain he cannot defeat, not saying he won't but he will need to nearly kill Batista to beat him and Batista wants to fight Cena really bad unlike any other heel in the past.

So I have to drop more knowledge on you? Alright, if I must. I guess I must show you the light, as you won't look for it yourself. Mutt or bitch? Who the hell uses that terminology when talking about wrestlers? So wrestlers are dogs now? Shit, can someone pass me the memo that told me wrestlers can be kept as pets?!?!

You said it yourself, Batista is a great heel. He is destructive, has no care in the world to be a fan favorite, no remorse, and will do his damndest to beat John Cena into the ground. Like I said earlier, those chairshots were sick. A defenseless John Cena couldn't defend himself. Batista didn't care. He just wants to inflict pain upon his opponents. How does something like that not be more beneficial to a story and a match? With this, Cena will have to dig deep to get a victory.

Face or heel, it makes a huge difference in a match. Batista won't worry about being fair. He is going to inflict pain, and possibly to a higher degree than just chairshots to the back. Was Batista a sadistic bastard in 2008? I don't think so. So as I said before, if you are going to take a bathroom break during what should be a good match, then go ahead, the rest of us fans will enjoy the match. Heel or face it doesn't make a difference. Ha, I love how you talked out of your ass on that one.

No buddy its an expression (actually the Miz used it on raw about a month ago). I'm not calling anyone a dog. The point is heel or face Batista (Boreista in the ring) wrestles the same. His acting as a heel is great but not his wrestling. Batista vs Cena will be the same as it was at SS nothing special. Look at Orton. Sadistic at its best at WM25 against HHH. Their match 5 years prior at Unforgiven was the same match. My point proven it doesnt matter in fact the sadistic bastard got buried at WM remember that?

Cena will most likely win this match. He's been getting screwed out of being WWE champion for the past couple of months, so he'll probably get his revenge at Wrestlemania. At first I wasn't too crazy about this match happening, but over time the storyline between Batista, McMahon, and Cena has become more and more interesting. Their match from Summerslam 2008 was pretty good, and I think the re match will be just as good or better than the original.

Personally, I can't stand Batista, but I have to admit, he's grown on me this past couple of weeks. His heel character has been very impressive. He's actually drawing tons of heat from the crowd, and using some good heel tactics also.

If this is anything like their match at Summerslam then it should be a doozy. Batista has grown on me and I'm really enjoying his heel run and he is actually making me care about him. Cena has also grown on me over the past year or so. Putting it on the big show is the right move on the E's part. These two should have a solid match and this match is the match I'm most looking forward to. It should be a great contest that I expect Cena to win. Batista has the upper hand right now, but Cena should get in his revenge soon and they'll go into Mania as equal parts.

Drink some Batista kool-aid boys, this match is going to be awesome.

Their match at SS 08 was great, and that was with both of them as face.

Batista is a sadistic as all hell heel right now. He just got done beating Cena down for 15 minutes on Raw. The crowd was booing Batista for doing nothing but:

1) Beat Cena with a chair

2) Say "Go get him"

3) Saying "Ha"

What other heel can boast that? Batista didn't say more than a sentence and a half last night, but he had the entire stadium booing him.

This match will be off the chain, and hopefully even better than the Summerslam match.

Batista to win and continue the McMahon/Cena feud into Summerslam. Oh yes.

2 of the biggest stars meeting at the grandest stage of them all, what else can you ask for? This match should have never happened at Summer slam because it was thrown together at the last moment. While I do believe that the hype leading up to this match will probably be better then the actual match, I am still looking forward to it. I predict Batista winning in order to further a feud that will go beyond Wrestlemania

I didn't get to see their match and promos during their 2008 encounter but since batista this time around is heel this would be different from their previous meeting. I guess Cena will win and Bret will finally get his hands on Vince in this match.

No buddy its an expression (actually the Miz used it on raw about a month ago). I'm not calling anyone a dog. The point is heel or face Batista (Boreista in the ring) wrestles the same. His acting as a heel is great but not his wrestling. Batista vs Cena will be the same as it was at SS nothing special. Look at Orton. Sadistic at its best at WM25 against HHH. Their match 5 years prior at Unforgiven was the same match. My point proven it doesnt matter in fact the sadistic bastard got buried at WM remember that?

First off, don't call me buddy. You don't know me well enough to do that.

Secondly, what kind of match were you and are you expecting? Are you expecting every single WWE match to be Benoit vs. Angle or something of that nature? Ain't happening. This is going to be a brawl, hopefully a No-DQ if I were to make the stipulation, and a damn good one. The wholesome good guy vs the paid off animal. Umm...yeah, that seems like it is going to be a war, especially with how they had Batista beat Cena with the chair on Monday. The Orton thing, the heel got buried at Wrestlemania because, umm, the face is supposed to go over the heel in those moments. Especially with how Orton was getting into his head, retribution was a bitch.

No way this crap-fest can compete with matches like "Taker vs Michaels II" or even the MITB match.
This match features 2 of the worst, most overrated wrestlers this generation has seen in a long time.
These 2 used to be decent to watch a few years ago but now they're trash.
This match will easily be the worst on the card unless they throw together a crappy divas match at the last minute, or have that dumbass Hornswoggle beat Chavo for the 8943675937645th time.

While the promos/buildup might be decent, the actual match is going to be nothing but 2 Technically challenged bulked up guys trying to live up to the hype.

They will fail.

No way this crap-fest can compete with matches like "Taker vs Michaels II" or even the MITB match.
This match features 2 of the worst, most overrated wrestlers this generation has seen in a long time.
These 2 used to be decent to watch a few years ago but now they're trash.
This match will easily be the worst on the card unless they throw together a crappy divas match at the last minute, or have that dumbass Hornswoggle beat Chavo for the 8943675937645th time.

While the promos/buildup might be decent, the actual match is going to be nothing but 2 Technically challenged bulked up guys trying to live up to the hype.

They will fail.

What's a total crapfest is this post.

The MITB has been average the past four years and I'm certain Cena/Batista will be better than the MITB match. Cena and Batista put on a great match at Summerslam 2008 and I think this match could be even better. Batista has been great as a heel and Cena is the best he has been in a while. This will be one of the best matches and most likely will be the main event which it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back