• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Expect the Unexpected: Batista wins the WWE Championship

BOSS Productions

Pre-Show Stalwart
Well this is HUGE news John Cena has just won the WWE Title in the RAW Elimination Chamber but Vince McMahon came out and announced that Batista vs Cena would take place right now.

What does this mean for WrestleMania 26? The Batista VS Cena match now features the WWE Title?

SmackDown now has two World Titles ONCE again heading into WrestleMania.

Has Edge's choices been narrowed down ?
Do you like that Batista as the new WWE Champion or was it just unnecessary ?

So many questions
Discuss them

I am not pissed off but Batista VS Cena had enough star power by itself , so why the hell does Vinnie have put the world title on Batista , it makes the match bigger but I don't think its necessary.

In my opinion it takes away from having even more marquee matches. People have been wanting to see Batista vs. Cena at WM for years. The title was completely unnecessary to make it even more of a draw.

If Triple H would've won it could've set up a plethora of possibility for contenders including HBK, Sheamus, Orton, or some combination in the form of a triple threat between the said names.

Then we'd have Edge vs. the Winner of tonights EC SD! match, which, imo, would be either Taker or Jericho, either being a good-to-go feud with Edge, or, again, a Triple Threat, which would've worked out awesome.

They could have had 3 huge matches, but they screwed that one up nicely.

Cena most likly won the chamber because of john cena saying he wouldn't lose a match until he won the title.

I'm pretty sure your comment will be deleted for spam but anyways John Cena lost several matches by DQ before winning the WWE Title i'm pretty sure that is not the reason.

I think they put the title on Cena to add even MORE star power to the Batista VS Cena match and the fact that Sheamus is not that big of a star yet. Also this also gives Cena a legit reason to face Batisa now "the rematch clause." But I don't understand why they do this kind of thing before WrestleMania.

Well I am still satisfied with the rumored Mania card , let's hope it lives up to the hype.

Em, You might want to put spoiler alert up incase anybody hasn't seen it yet and intend on watching it soon...

Personally I don't think Cena/Batista at WM26 would need a title, it's already big enough as it is, it should have either stayed on Sheamus or given to HHH to set up a match between them at Wrestlemania.

thank fuckin god for this i dont like batista but him and cena at mania for the belt is big and it will help wit the brett vince feud and sheamus is fuckin ******ed iam glad hes not in the main event hope fully we get to see edge and jericho too

i hope that Batista loses that title soon, but if continues like i think it will, it seems that Batista vs. Cena will be for the WWE title and i don't agree with it, I wanted to see either HHH vs. Sheamus for the title or Ted Dibiase vs. Randy Orton for the WWE title, oh well, i agree Cena vs. Batista is big enough without a title.

Is it me or does someone see an opportunity for Shawn Michaels? Now with the two top title on Smackdown!, i see Shawn interfeiring or being apart of the SD! Elimination Chamber, if Batista can do it, why' not Shawn?

I have no doubts that this was done to make up for Bret Hart not being able to wrestle at Wrestlemania. Now Bret can "screw Vince" by helping his "buddy" John Cena win the title back at the grandest stage of them all, Wrestlemania.

I'm not watching the PPV but now I have a really good idea who's gonna win the other elimination chamber match and face Edge for the WHC.

as awo areoplex said cena should get a match against batista becuase of his rematch clause but what abouts sheamus's rematch clause ? hopefully he loses to batista in a squash match next raw (sheamus)

and as you did say expect the unexpected what if Jericho doesnt win the world title tonight (god forbid) if undertaker retains edge isn't stupid enough to try and face taker at mania so it could very well be edge vs batista at WM

Although I agree that Cena Batista did not need a title, it certainly does not hurt it either. More importantly wwe has a suprise that no one saw coming. They were not predictable or stale. I hope this is a sign of things to come. Could it be the TNA effect?

First of all I hope you get a warning for putting a spoiler in your thread title. That's not cool. That being said, it was done for a few reasons. First of all, they want to try to make it a new SCSA vs. Vince thing with Cena in the role of SCSA. That was a hugely successful feud and I think they want to see if lightning will strike twice.

Secondly, this boosts Cena's title win numbers which quite frankly makes me sick.

Also, as someone else said, they couldn't let Sheamus walk out the winner because Sheamus headlining WM would destroy the buyrate.

I Really wanted to and expected HHH to win.I thought maybe we would get HHH V.S HBK at mania but it looks like that wont happen.I knew Batista V.S Cena would take place at mania but i don't know why they added a title to it.I guesses they wanted it to truly be the main event.At mania the main events are the world,WWE title matches, and a 3rd match(usually a under taker match.I guess if they did it without a title added to the match and they made it a mania main event then it would draw away from the other matches.

Smackdown! now has 2 titles, unless Shawn Michaels sneaks into the Smackdown! chamber to win the belt and carry it to Mania where he can drop to HHH in a triple threat match between HBK, Undertaker, and HHH.

I think this will happen. Batista will relinquish the title to piss Cena even more, making their match at Mania a grudge match. WWE title is then decided in a four way match, or over the top rope.

This is just Vince trying to, once again, show that HE is in charge, and the plans circulating the internet are always able to be changed. I really hope this crap-tastic match of Cena/Batista doesn't headline the show...please God, no. I am guessing we are going to have an Edge/Jericho or Edge/Jericho/Undertaker main event,b ut who knows, maybe Vince will send out freakin' Hornswaggle just to throw us off. Hey, he might do it, it would sell A LOT of merchandise haha

Another possibility is that Teddy Long's statement about handling HBK was that he traded Batista for HBK but then won't give him Undertaker. Assuming Taker drops the belt due to some kind of HBK involvement, Taker could then demand the match.

Having Cena vs Batista lets them promote the hell out of the match with Hart & Vince also involved. Because even though the Cena/Batista could've stood on it's own, this lets them focus their promo stuff on one match instead of promoting the Cena/Batista match and the title match in seperate ads.

Cena said he would not lose until he won the title again and that is what has happened here.....DQ does not count as a real lose (personally, I can not think of when Cena has lost a match, even by DQ, since he made that statement but someone said that he had on here)......It is a shame honestly though because, we all know that Taker is not going to lose at WM and now instead of having a title match with the result in doubt we get Cena vs Batista for the title????? That is ridiculous! I hope that between now and then Batista loses it to someone other than Cena so we can get another marquee match-up for the title......I would love to see HHH vs Sean Michaels, though it is highly unlikely...that would be a great way to see Sean headline WM once again......One more thing.....to the person who said Cena will get another shot at title because of the ""rematch clause".....Cena just won the title and rematch clause's are not automatically included with every title defense.....there was not even time to make a "contract" for Cena to secure a rematch clause!

now where does that put triple h
Well, i was prepared for Triple H not to win, i expected either Sheamus, Triple H, Randy Orton or Ted Dibiase win so i had my plan for Triple h if he didn't win, He pinned Sheamus right?? Have Sheamus blame Triple H for costing him, "his" title and then make the challenge.

i got the 2nd Elimination Chamber right. My prediction was somehow, someway, Michaels would screw Undertaker out of the title, whether in the match or not. I believe he will use the excuse that screwing the Undertaker out of the title was the last resort to get him to accept the challenge of his.

This was unexpected and I thought it was great. At first, I was upset and I'm a little disappinted that Sheamus didn't walk out as champion. However, with how this is set up with Batista winning the title, it's going to make Raw very interesting for the next several weeks while building up to WM. There are a number of ways that this could work out and a number of match possibilities going into WM.

To me it shows that Vince currently doesn't have faith and trust in Sheamus or DiBiase yet. Where does HHH go from here? It doesn't make sense to have a HHH-Sheamus match now. Clearly we got Edge-Y2J, HBK-Taker, Cena-Batista, Orton vs Dibiase. Could we possibly see HHH vs The Miz? Remember, to my knowledge, HHH has never been US Champ. Also Vince clearly is a Miz backer. Great rub for Miz to get and possibly defeat HHH at Wrestlemania.

I'm loving Batista as champion. Particularly because he's a heel this time, and there's a big difference between heel and face Batista. The heel is actually an animal and comes off as a real bad ass, while as Batista as a face never seemed natural to him. I don't have too big a problem with him going into WM as champion because it now gives Cena more of a reason to chase him. Before I felt the feud wouldn't matter much if it was just for bragging rights, but with a title on the line as well as Vince and Bret being involved, two storylines (Tista/Cena and Vince/Bret) just got a lot more interesting. This is assuming Bret and Vince will somehow be involved in Batista and Cena's match at WM.

even though im upset that sheamus lost his title, i actually like him, sue me, i am happy to see that the wwe threw us a huge curve ball. who saw it coming? even with their little mistake of having advertised cena vs big show for the title, they didnt give anything away. this is the first time that i have been suprised by the wwe for quite some time. most of the other "curves" i saw coming. (i.e. batista going heel, matt betraying jeff.) big kudos to vince and wwe for not letting that get out and being circulated through the internet. (i loved how the internet community was made fun of, we deserve it in a way ;)) we had rock and stone cold headline 2 wrestlemanias, 3 in a way since their match meant more than brock's and kurt's imo. they were the 2 biggest names yet they still both got the title match. edge vs jericho and cena vs batista seems like a pretty damn legit mania to me, even though cena vs batista will be a bore for me.

now again where does this leave sheamus and hhh? of course they can have a grudge match, but i somehow see it with sheamus getting into the mainevent with cena and batista through his rematch clause (they all freaking have one, lol.) and hhh may work his way into the match with hbk as a fuck you for hbk walking out on him.

I'm OK with this! Batista works pretty well as a heel, particularly with his size. And it sets up some potentially cool matches for WM.

My guess is that it'll be

Cena vs Batista (WWE Title Match)
Jericho vs Edge (WH Title Match)
HBK vs Taker vs HHH (Non-Title Match)

?

Cena vs Batista is obvious, Jericho vs Edge has been brewing for a while, and whatever conflict they were hinting at between HBK and HHH is definitely not resolved yet.

If this is how it pans out, I'd be very satisfied. Cena/Batista would be an alright beefhead match, and with the Hart/McMahon angle, it would be a little bit more interesting. Jericho/Edge would be a great match, and HBK/HHH/Taker would be a probably-not-as-good-but-still-interesting version of last year's match.

i was just think and you know... march 8th is befor wrestlemania, mybe vinny will have something big like a world title match or something that night which would change the belt around agian. Mybe this is just a transitional reign for batista. But at the same time making a huge match to go up against tna March 8th Mybe that will be when sheamus gets his rematch claus and wins the title back to make him look better going into triple H vs sheamus at mania. Who knows all i knwo is smackdown chamber was awful!!! and predictable

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back