• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your "True Opinions" Of Posters?

I don't like picking people to give opinions on because the people that deserve it already know.

But if you simply must know what I truly think of you, then ask here and I will tell you.

Jeff Hardy was god awful on the mic and certainly wasn't elite enough to be known as a World Champion. Sheamus did not deserve his run, Kane didn't deserve his last run, Rey Mysterio is not believable as a World Champion, and when CM Punk won the title for the first time I don't think he was ready.

Jeff Hardy was one of, if not the most over guy in the WWE at a time.

Sheamus needed a main event push, and he got it. He's proven to be a great talent since then.

I'll give you Kane.

You didn't think CM Punk was ready? That's cool. He did a decent enough job, though and was over as sin.

With one World Title you are almost guaranteed to get elite guys always holding the belt at all times and only when someone is truly ready will they get the strap. Nowadays it is way to easy to become world champion. Those guys I named could have been deserving of one off title matches but consistently being in the main event or being world champion.

I like the variety of having lots of guys in the main event. If that means there's a period with a lackluster title reign, so be it, there's enough main eventers to ensure that there's something else interesting going on.

Not sure why this went on so long. The fact that coloring book mark mentioned Sheamus even once, let alone multiple times, pretty much buries the idea that he has a clue what he is talking about.

And what is your issue with Sheamus?

Jeff Hardy was one of, if not the most over guy in the WWE at a time.

Just being over doesn't always mean you should be at the top of the company as World Champion. If Hardy was just as over and in the same situation 10 years earlier when there was just one World Title then he wouldn't have won it.
Sheamus needed a main event push, and he got it. He's proven to be a great talent since then.

How exactly did he need a main event push? He was a new guy to the company who was already made to look strong in ECW. There was no strong build up to him becoming a main event guy and a world champion. There's a reason its been almost a year since he has held a World Title.

You didn't think CM Punk was ready? That's cool. He did a decent enough job, though and was over as sin.

Decent enough wouldn't cut it when there was just one top guy.

Basically superstars these days are considered main eventers and are able to become World Champion way to easily. Guys like Hardy and Punk when he won his first title were fine to be champions in today's WWE but if it was 10 years earlier there's no way they would have become champion when they did. When there is only one top spot it makes the moment they become champion that much better and it ensures that they are ready and deserving of that spot.

Their title reigns wound up being good though. I don't see what the problem is if they were actually entertaining in their roles.

I'm going to go ahead and disagree there. I thought all of their reigns were short and uneventful. Outside of the shock of actually winning the title Sheamus did nothing memorable as champion. CM Punk's first reign was awful. Jeff Hardy won the world title 3 times, 2 of those lasted only about a month, and the other lasted about two minutes. Not sure how any of those could be considered good.

It's Punk's fault he was booked like shit? Umm... No. The pop he got when he first came out the next week was great. Of course they spent the next three weeks making him look second rate against Batista. Everything was wrong with the booking of that reign. Punk was ready.

It's Punk's fault he was booked like shit? Umm... No. The pop he got when he first came out the next week was great. Of course they spent the next three weeks making him look second rate against Batista. Everything was wrong with the booking of that reign. Punk was ready.

You and I could argue all day if he was ready or not but it's irrelevant. The WWE obviously didn't think he was, otherwise he wouldn't have been given a short, shitty booked title reign.

You and I could argue all day if he was ready or not but it's irrelevant. The WWE obviously didn't think he was, otherwise he wouldn't have been given a short, shitty booked title reign.
What the WWE thinks isn't always the truth.

Then it bares no mentioning in this discussion as I deal in nothing but absolute truths.

The truth is that some nice pops don't mean you are ready to be the World Champion on the number one show.

Well then Big Sexy, if merch sales, crowd support, and wrestling ability don't make a good champion, what does?

We are talking about being the World Champion on the number one show. Punk had great crowd support back in the summer of 2008 but he wasn't one of the most over guys in the company. I have no clue what his merchandise sales were back in the summer of 2008 but I highly doubt they were some of the top numbers in the company.

Basically Punk had been on ECW for close to two years and in just his second week on RAW he became World Champion. He went from feuding with the likes of John Morrison and Big Daddy V to being the top guy on the top show. No way was he ready at that time.

Here comes some BS about ratings. You just wait and see.

I said that CM Punk wasn't ready for the world title during his first reign. Now he is one of the top guys in the company and certainly deserving so I have no clue where you are going with the wait and see thing.

So only the top guy should be allowed to be champion? Shit hasn't worked like that since the Hogan days.

So only the top guy should be allowed to be champion? Shit hasn't worked like that since the Hogan days.

If that isn't the definition of twisting someones words around then I don't know what is. There are groups of guys in the WWE in every time period that have the right combination of high popularity, great ability, and experience working with top guys. Those are the guys who belong in the main event. Punk had great ability in 2008 and his popularity was rising but he wasn't quite there yet and he certainly didn't have the experience of working with the top guys because he had been stuck on ECW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back