Your "True Opinions" Of Posters?

Little "Sign Guy" Jimmy;3296520 said:
There is no tongue in the ass about it. You like Punk, Bryan, etc...and you seem to be generally on the same side as me when it comes to opinions. You have a good posting ability, and if you are actually trying you are a great wrestling poster. I won't take that away from you, and I'm not going to try to. But I won't stick my nose up your ass like a new employee trying to get a raise.
But you clearly are. That's where all this "defiance" is coming from. You figure I like that sort of thing. Well how wrong you are, sir. You're not impressing anybody.

Because on the personal side, I think you are a trolly bitch. It seems like you have nothing better to do than troll me and certain others. You can call it honesty or what the fuck ever, the plain and simple fact is that you're a bitch troll who needs to get over himself.
As usual, someone who doesn't like hearing the truth feels the need to throw the word troll around to make sure he doesn't feel like he's at fault. Your arrogance is tiresome, kid. If I really wanted to troll, I'd go for bigger fish and enough of them to feed my cubs for the winter. This is just honesty.

Better yet: If I were a troll, how am I the bad guy? Just like when Sly trolls, he's not the bad guy. You're the one letting words on a screen upset you.

I might be a bit annoying, I'll be the first to admit it. I'm not the best poster, I'll admit it. But that has nothing to do with it in reality
You're too young to be a mind reader. You need at least an MA for that.

and you should just grow a damn set of nuts and admit that you just like trolling me because I tend to be an easy target.
Well I do enjoy showering you with my wisdom and honesty because you've made yourself a worthy recipient of such knocking from a pedestal. That's kind of the same thing.

It might be cool to you, but it's just annoying to me and many others.
Now who's being the bitch? Name names. And not your little Book This buddies. I don't know their names.

If you don't like my position, debate me.
I don't care about your position. I don't like you. What's to debate?

Also, nobody needs to worry about this thread getting off track. There'll be another exactly like it in two weeks tops.

No, technically, according to some official paperwork, it kicked off at WrestleMania 14. Anyone who watched during this period understands it (the shifting of content) started in late 1996/early 1997 with Bret Hart and Steve Austin.

Why? Because fans started rooting for the tweener instead of the clear cut face? Why does that deserve to be the beginning of the Attitude Era more so than a bizarre turn out of right field that resulted in someone being punched out by a celebrity?

So people should ignore what happened for more than a year prior to WM 14 because someone who chooses a date tells them to? That doesn't work for me, sorry.

Not ignore, but recognize that it isn't part of the era. It helped build up to the era for sure, but it wasn't part of it.

Who gives a shit? He took part for well over a year. Again, we're arguing over dates.

Except your date is wrong, mine is right, and Shawn Michaels only wrestled one match during the Attitude Era.

Add them, I don't give a shit. I have clearly stated this era has more main eventers. Too bad not one guy you just mentioned would have made it past Sunday Night Heat in 1998.

Yeah, but just about everyone else on my list would have stormed the main event scene.

*Sigh*

I tend to believe that eras are defined by biggest superstars of that era which in this case happens to be Cena. Now ideally, the era should have coincided with Cena's first title win but in this case we can't do that because Cena won his first title as a completely different character. That is why I have chosen to define the era from the time he started to represent the characteristics that have made him famous( or infamous) today.

I think famous is the much better adjective.

And who says that you there isn't a measurable event in 2006 to start off that era. You can have the WM 22 match with HHH at Chicago with Cena, the guy that should have been the babyface getting heckled. Or you can go to ONS 2006 and his match against RVD where something similar happened. The point is the PG era started way before 2008 because even though WWE went PG in 2008 the salient characteristics of that era were prevalant much before 2008. Therefore the PG era has been much longer than the Attitude Era and therefore a direct numerical comparison cannot be made.

Your first two examples are absolutely ******ed. You just said in your last paragraph that the era is defined by the biggest superstar, why would you choose an event where he was booed? When he returned at the 2008 Royal Rumble the roof blew off of MSG, a place normally filled to the brim with Cena haters. Furthermore, your only "salient characteristic of that era" is that Cena stopped being a rapper. One could argue that the PG Era is also defined by variety, something that didn't really begin until 2008, which you said yourself.

That's eight. You have 8 guys in four years and the AE had 6 guys in three years. What's this large number of Main eventers in the PG era( the larger part of it anyway) as compared to the Attitude era that you are talking about?

1) It's nine. Learn to count.
2) I cut out anyone from 2010-2011, so guys like Miz, CM Punk, Christian, and Sheamus were taken out of the picture.

Orton failed more and was in the wilderness for a longer time. Three years to be exact. He failed as a main event face against HHH and again as the heel of Smackdown in 2006. He was pushed hard first in 2004 and yet until 2007 he was a guy who competed for the IC title quite often against the likes of Carlito. Also Rock's push was at a much lower level.

How do Orton's failures have anything to do with the fact that he's been a main eventer in the PG Era?

Credible? Sure. Permanent? Nope. That suggests to me that he is entertaining in spurts.

And Benoit, Jericho, and Angle were permanent main eventers during the Attitude Era?

The fact that Edge had to be turned heel after just one feud is proof that his run did not succeed. As for being cheered, sure he got cheered but the reaction was much quieter for his matches as compared to some of the other matches on the card.

Wow, what you're doing is really impressive. Tell me, did you have to train yourself to be able to talk out of your ass, or does it just come naturally to you?

Much quieter compared to Cena's or Orton's matches? I'll give you that, but his reactions were still plenty loud. Remember how much people loved chanting "spear" during his face run? And he turned heel because after he was drafted to Raw the only main event heel on the show was Chris Jericho. It was either him or Orton, and the WWE decided to turn Edge heel, which I think we can all agree was the right decision given Orton's success as a face.

His second face run featured him in a feud with Kane that featured some of the most illogical storylines that have been seen in recent times. Honestly, what else have you got? A feud with Alberto that was as cookie cutter as it can get. People probably have rated his last run more highly because of the fact that he retired during it.

The Kane storyline was stupid as fuck, but the people seemed to be into it. You clearly forgot his feud with Dolph, which was top notch as they put on some great matches, and his match with Del Rio at Mania was one of the better ones on the card. He was over as hell, he cut awesome promos and did some great segments (who didn't love seeing him hit the laptop with a steel chair?), and he proved to be the third biggest draw in the company when he retired. Where's the shortcomings again?

Great draw? Remains to be seen. Can't believe I wrote that?

Even if he's not as big a draw as Cena or Orton, that doesn't mean he's not a terrific main eventer. Keep in mind, not all of your Attitude Era main eventers were great draws either.

It seems I misunderstood this part of your arguement.

Clearly.

Why? Because fans started rooting for the tweener instead of the clear cut face? Why does that deserve to be the beginning of the Attitude Era more so than a bizarre turn out of right field that resulted in someone being punched out by a celebrity?

What are you talking about? I'm talking about Bret Hart freaking out on Vince McMahon, criticizing the United States, the formation of Degeneration-X, Steve Austin going insane, etc. All of that happened prior to WM 14. In fact, the most "adult" segments of that time period took place prior to WM14.

Not ignore, but recognize that it isn't part of the era. It helped build up to the era for sure, but it wasn't part of it.

Any fan from 1996 forward will tell you the "AE" started long before WM14.

Except your date is wrong, mine is right, and Shawn Michaels only wrestled one match during the Attitude Era.

You should change your name to J. Corporate Glass :lmao:

What are you talking about? I'm talking about Bret Hart freaking out on Vince McMahon, criticizing the United States, the formation of Degeneration-X, Steve Austin going insane, etc. All of that happened prior to WM 14. In fact, the most "adult" segments of that time period took place prior to WM14.

Examples please. I'd say most of the "adult" segments came during that actual Attitude Era. You know, like Sexual Chocolate or The Rock going on and on about how straight he is.

Any fan from 1996 forward will tell you the "AE" started long before WM14.

Your specificity knows no bounds, does it?

You should change your name to J. Corporate Glass :lmao:

And quit being classy? Never.

Was that also a breakdown post, becasue if it was, I didn't read it.

I lol'd.

Feeling ******* today?

Oh relax Nicholas, he's just goofing around.

Examples please.

[YOUTUBE]LuBE9xkhth8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]pZgut7mkPUw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Q4agYHH8BJM[/YOUTUBE]

That's all I'm going with, a few random videos. Look at the end of 1996, and all through 1997 if you don't believe me. At the risk of sounding like a douche, I watched, you didn't. I think I know what happened.

That "era" started when I tell you it started, goddamnit!

;)

Little "Sign Guy" Jimmy;3296520 said:
There is blah blah sign guy is fat and has emo hair choke on a dick.

You still never said why you think people feel you're an easy target. Don't go with age. I'm sure it has something to do with Asperger's syndrome or something.

Son, are you a massive aspie? You're a Maspie, aren't you boy?

wendy-4-topless-1.jpeg

:eek2:

Norcs, D-Man, IC - Three guys I want to meet, always enjoy reading their posts and talking to them when I can. Add in JGlass to the mix.

Dave - My bro. Nothing else can be said. Closest friend that I haven't met on here.

Thriller - My buddy that I get to see a few times a year, and talk to him fairly often outside the forums.

Sly - Comes off like an asshole, but balls if he ain't right. Many times I think "FUCK YOU!!!! WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS RIGHT?!?!?!" Other times I just think "Fuck, he's right again. Next thread"

shattered - Generally I disagree with his stance on the WWE, but fuck it, he enjoys what he enjoys.

Nick - Smart fucker.

X - You were cool when I started up, then I thought you were a giant asshole, and now you are chill again, from my perspective.

Sully - I don't pay much attention to you anymore, but for a while I couldn't help but think you were the dumbest fuck on this site. Still think you are a moron, but you have time to grow before I feel comfortable calling you a ******.

I don't dislike too many people. I'll post if I think of any. Also when I feel like adding more people to who I enjoy, I'll do that too.

J-glass- For the past few months we have talked alot. You are a great person, with a great view on life. I enjoy talking to you about wrestling and bullshitting about anything and everything. You are truly the one person on the forums that I believe I can't get mad at.

Theooooooo- The beard that I strive to have. You are also a very nice person to talk to in the late night thread.

Nate- I really don't talk to much with you anymore. But you have a large grasp on life just like J. You are one of the few people I would like to have a beer with some day.

Naich- Brothers in music? We only really talk through rep and posts, but I enjoy your posting. You have a great brain for both wrestling and music. I hope to see your name in bold one day.

Crock- While you aren't here, you were the first person on the forums that made me feel welcome when I came back.

Coco and Gd- You are both probably the reason why I laugh on this forum. I owe alot of smiles to each of you, and I have nothing more than the most respect for both of you.

Dirty Jose- Dirty is just like crock, he may not be here right now. But trust me guys, if you ever get the chance to talk to Dirty he is one of the most down to earth human beings. He is great to talk to for help on just about anything. A true bro.

If an opinion is true, it would be considered a fact. So how can I express my "true opinions" on posters when the title of the thread is clearly misleading? However, I do know for a fact that FunKay is awesome. Everyone else can be judged by their own idol of worship.

Theo - Great person to talk to. Great GFX maker and used to have an epic beard. I hope he grows it back.

Enterkey - My boy right here. The master of the titties and a chill motherfucker to boot. I was firmly on Enterkey's nuts before it was deemed cool

Dirty Jose - Awesome to talk to. I hope he comes back soon. I love seeing him tear people up.

Damn it, Jiggles you just keep coming don't you?

Your first two examples are absolutely ******ed. You just said in your last paragraph that the era is defined by the biggest superstar, why would you choose an event where he was booed? When he returned at the 2008 Royal Rumble the roof blew off of MSG, a place normally filled to the brim with Cena haters. Furthermore, your only "salient characteristic of that era" is that Cena stopped being a rapper. One could argue that the PG Era is also defined by variety, something that didn't really begin until 2008, which you said yourself.

Cena getting booed is one of the salient and most distinguishable characteristics of this era. And I think that it was around this time that the announcers started mentioning that Cena was a controversial champion and basically acknowledged the fact that some guys don't like Cena. That in turn has shaped Cena's character as a person who has no problem with this sort of behaviour and in fact encourages the fans to act in whatever manner that they want to.

Tell me, what impact has Cena's return at the Royal Rumble 2008 left. Sure it was a cool moment and all but at the end of the day it was just a storyline that has been forgotten. Cena getting a negative reaction at WM 22 and then again at ONS 2006 have shaped up a facet of his character which has been utilized quite often by the WWE and by Cena himself to further storylines.

And finally it was one of the first salient characteristics of the PG era to manifest itself. Figure it out yourself. Austin and Rock were probably the two most dominant figures of the Attitude Era. Yet you are not saying that the era started when both guys had become main eventers but when Austin started main eventing. Because that was the first salient feature of the Attitude Era that manifested itself.

1) It's nine. Learn to count.
2) I cut out anyone from 2010-2011, so guys like Miz, CM Punk, Christian, and Sheamus were taken out of the picture.

Even then you have got only 13 in five and a half years, so what is wrong with 6 in three?

Before going any further I would like to add that I think that Orton, Mysterio, Edge and Punk are all great performers but they aren't by any stretch of imagination among the top 10-15 performers of all time. You have aready mentioned that among the AE performers you rank Austin, Rock, HHH and Angle as top 10 level performers. I only intend to prove that the Orton, Mysterio, Edge and Punk are not in that category and by extension the level of talent in the PG era isn't as great as it was in the AE.

How do Orton's failures have anything to do with the fact that he's been a main eventer in the PG Era?

Nothing. Except the fact that I find it difficult to acknowledge someone who has wasted two or three huge pushes as a top 15 level performer.

And Benoit, Jericho, and Angle were permanent main eventers during the Attitude Era?

Benoit is not a top 15 level performer. Jericho might be but as we have already discussed, he was not a permanent main eventer at the height of the AE and nor am I saying that he was. Angle was more or less permanent once he started main eventing.

Mysterio is like Benoit, a midcarder who main events at times though I must add that Mysterio is more charismatic. Niether are top 15 level performers, though.

Much quieter compared to Cena's or Orton's matches? I'll give you that, but his reactions were still plenty loud. Remember how much people loved chanting "spear" during his face run? And he turned heel because after he was drafted to Raw the only main event heel on the show was Chris Jericho. It was either him or Orton, and the WWE decided to turn Edge heel, which I think we can all agree was the right decision given Orton's success as a face.

The "Spear" chant was pushed heavily by the WWE but the people were not all that enthusiastic about it at all.

And the other part of of your statement is factually incorrect. Sheamus was a main event heel on Raw along with Jericho. Batista was there and would leave in a month. Also it would be safe to assume that Nexus had already been planned. So with there being three main event level heels on Raw why was Edge brought to Raw from Smackdown and turned a heel if he was succeeding as a face? There were two faces and four main event heels on Raw after Edge was brought in. He could have easily been brought in as a face had he not flopped terribly as one during WrestleMania season.

The Kane storyline was stupid as fuck, but the people seemed to be into it. You clearly forgot his feud with Dolph, which was top notch as they put on some great matches, and his match with Del Rio at Mania was one of the better ones on the card. He was over as hell, he cut awesome promos and did some great segments (who didn't love seeing him hit the laptop with a steel chair?), and he proved to be the third biggest draw in the company when he retired. Where's the shortcomings again?

Him hitting the laptop with a chair was the highpoint of his face turn. I remember saying how he turned face by going on a crusade against stupidity and then went of to participate in one of the most stupid angles of all time.

His last run was OK. Nothing great, just good matches complimented with Cookie Cutter storylines. But it was largely overshadowed by the feuds of Cena and Orton. Even on Smackdown some people would say that Cody vs Rey was perhaps the better feud than any of Edge's feuds. He was not a great face.

Even if he's not as big a draw as Cena or Orton, that doesn't mean he's not a terrific main eventer. Keep in mind, not all of your Attitude Era main eventers were great draws either.

Austin, Rock and HHH were. Angle and Foley were certainly above average draws. And excluding Foley , the other four are among the best top 15 wrestlers of all time. Punk hasn't proven so far that he can be one and therefore he isn't a top 15 level performer. But as I have said, he may become one in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back