• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Raw LD 6/27/11 - Raw roulette edition featuring Cm Punk snow angels!

It was already going to be crazy, but the Chicago crowd is going to be absolutely unreal at MITB after that. Cena just might die that night.

fuckin wow.....i knew something was up when mr straightedge came out wearing stone colds shirts. that whole shoot had my jaw dropping. but im pretty sure it was all a work, cause if it was the real deal, his mic wouldve been cut along time ago into his speal. and also if it was a real deal, he wouldve said screw u ill take the title and go to tna just like medusa did during the monday night wars.i believe that he is now in a position where he has to win the title and leave or the angle has no real payoff. he wins disappears, we get a new belt along with a tourny or battle royal. unless punk wins the title and lets say r-truth with money in the bank cashes in on punk and wins therefore cm punk does what he says and the title still stays with the wwe. but wow, great promo

So was that legit or is WWE being really good at making this storyline appear legit? I can't really imagine them okay-ing a lot of the stuff he said.

No way was that a legit shoot. Totally worked, but worked excellently.

Holy shit. Goosebumps. CM Punk is never ever coming back to this company.

I'd bet good money you're dead wrong here.

If that wasnt a legit shoot, it was the ballsiest thing Vince has done since I can remember.

That was really ballsy, that was ground-breaking, that was a breath of fresh fuckin' air. That is the kind of shit that made "The Attitude Era" so beloved, moments like that.

..... Can an ROHbot tell me if that was taken from Summer of Punk last go around?

I wasn't shocked until he brought up Johnny Ace, Steph, and Trips. Then shit got real.

None of it was clearly taken from any of his major Summer of Punk promos, but but he did talk a lot of shit about Johnny Ace during some of those promos back in ROH. The whole execution of the idea is clearly inspired by the whole Summer of Punk angle though, that's basically what the entire thing is.

I was thoroughly enjoying Raw before the promo. That just took the show to a whole new level of greatness. Can't wait to see what happens next week.

Welp, Punk is about to do something very few have done: Make Vince accept his demands.

Look, Vince is in love with nepotism, but he does love money, too. If Punk is suspended (big if), he's going to be able to compete for MiTB, because Vince knows it's good business.

Simply put, Punk's going to get away with trying to run from the asylum. Not just run, but report the asylum to federal agents

Great Great promo but you guys are out of your mind if you think for a second Vince McMahon who knows everything about his company down to what kind of coffee is at the shows would let him talk that long without knowing exactly what Punk was going to say.

It was a great fucking promo and done very well but something that was odd was they showed the copyright RAW logo during the Cena/Truth match so production knew they were just going to cut the show off the air.

Also after they cut his mic off they went to the camera shot of Punk talking right into the camera. Production makes that call, Vince McMahon makes that call.

Punks realism in his voice and "breaking the fourth wall" is how you do a great promo and build a great angle.

It's no secret WWEs numbers are down HUGE. Vince is doing something drastic here.. and it's great.

That was a motherfucking awesome promo, and I think I know exactly why. I legitimately have no fucking clue where the work stops and the shooting begins. Just fucking wow. The line between truth and fiction just got so fucking blurry I'm not sure it still exists.

All I do know is that when CM Punk went behind the curtain, Vince McMahon congratulated him, and quite possibly hugged him.

I have to be inclined to say you're right X, but I wouldn't even know now. That has to be THE single best worked shoot ever though, if it was.

Dear IWC,

Don't ruin this for yourselves by reading the taping results for next week. Finish having your mass wank, turn off your computer and look forward to next week.

Yours sincerely,

The 20th Century.

Cena, Orton, Christian, Henry, Sheamus, Del Rio, Show, Killings, Mizanin, Riley: THAT is how you cut a promo,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back