• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Raw LD 6/27/11 - Raw roulette edition featuring Cm Punk snow angels!

I knew it was a worked shoot all along, yet Punk made me think a little deep down, "what if it isn't", and that is what makes a truly great promo.

Very good to know. The truth is, the biggest problem with WWE is Johnny Ace. The truth is, he's a failed wrestler in America, who sucked onto Giant Baba's wifes massive cock in Japan, and got over on the fact that he was a big blonde motherfucker in Japan. Ace doesn't know a damn thing about drawing, or what makes a good wrestler, and having him as VP of Talent Relations is one of the most embarrassing facets of the WWE's system.

And you know what? The yes men thing is so so true. I mean, Kidman of all people is getting prepped to be a producer for the WWE. Fucking Kidman. Paul London has a pretty exact feeling about that motherfucker, which I totally buy. In the WWE, it's all about who you're willing to screw to get a little higher.

And that's without that sad sack of Pritchard with them. Imagine if he were still there

There's also Kevin Dunn, who apparently persuaded Vince to make the WCW invaders look like shit, and abort the pushes of Barrett and Sheamus. And even if that's not true, he still knows shit all about the wrestling buisness seeing as he was never in it before working for WWE.

Is it possible that this was a planned worked shoot, but then Punk said "Fuck it" and started legit shooting, and that is why they didn't cut his mic off faster, because that is honestly what I think happened.

There's also Kevin Dunn, who apparently persuaded Vince to make the WCW invaders look like shit, and abort the pushes of Barrett and Sheamus. And even if that's not true, he still knows shit all about the wrestling buisness seeing as he was never in it before working for WWE.

That's actually quite true. And the list doesn't just end there. Gewertz has his lips sewn to Steph's ass, Lagana apparently did when he waqs still around. Remember, what brought him down was a sexual harassment complaint, most likely brought to everyone's attention when Taker brought it up.

Then you have Dusty, you have now Kevin Nash AND X-Pac coming into the front office. Compared to the amount of "Paul's boys" who leave, the modus operandi in WWE is to kiss unbelievable amounts of ass, if you want to get there. The truth is, either you grow some balls and tell Vince no, a la Brock Lesnar, or you stay in his system as a belly crawling, ass kissing puppet.

It's like Sucker Punch. Except it doesn't actually suck

you guys need to BUY this show and not stream it

I think I might be and I only buy wrestlemania

show some support for the amazing thing you just saw

Just noticed this, this person is posting the truth, if there is ever a time to spend money on a non-Mania PPV this would be the one.

That's actually quite true. And the list doesn't just end there. Gewertz has his lips sewn to Steph's ass, Lagana apparently did when he waqs still around. Remember, what brought him down was a sexual harassment complaint, most likely brought to everyone's attention when Taker brought it up.

Then you have Dusty, you have now Kevin Nash AND X-Pac coming into the front office. Compared to the amount of "Paul's boys" who leave, the modus operandi in WWE is to kiss unbelievable amounts of ass, if you want to get there. The truth is, either you grow some balls and tell Vince no, a la Brock Lesnar, or you stay in his system as a belly crawling, ass kissing puppet.

It's like Sucker Punch. Except it doesn't actually suck

Well Dusty, and, I believe Kidman are both kept miles away from the front office, seeing as they both work down at FCW. X-Pac's job is pretty much to watch FCW once a week and tell HHH who he think sucks and who's worth being called up. Nash hasn't done shit down there, so god knows what he's doing.

But I do agree that WWE, is a political minefield and whose dick you suck can go a long long way. Though, that's hardly exclusive to WWE.

I came. Like ten times. Hard.

had Triple H's fingerprints all over it though, that segment. Obvious work, as well. still. Epic doesnt do it justice.

Well Dusty, and, I believe Kidman are both kept miles away from the front office, seeing as they both work down at FCW. X-Pac's job is pretty much to watch FCW once a week and tell HHH who he think sucks and who's worth being called up. Nash hasn't done shit down there, so god knows what he's doing.

But I do agree that WWE, is a political minefield and whose dick you suck can go a long long way. Though, that's hardly exclusive to WWE.

You know who's company is the only one that lacked that kind of environment?

Go on, guess. Of all the famous promoter's to come down the pike, who is the only one who's company was devoid of these crippling politics that become the untimely end to wrestling companies?

Paul Heyman. ECW is the only company that wasn't a political minefield. If Paul had the sense to actually hire financial people to handle the finances of it all, ECW would have been the model of what a wrestling company should be.

Unfortunately, wrestling is filled with the broken and bruised egos of giants who, mentally, have all the maturity of teenagers

Kidman works in the Gorilla position on Raw, Remix.

Well, you learn something new every day.

You know who's company is the only one that lacked that kind of environment?

Go on, guess. Of all the famous promoter's to come down the pike, who is the only one who's company was devoid of these crippling politics that become the untimely end to wrestling companies?

Paul Heyman. ECW is the only company that wasn't a political minefield. If Paul had the sense to actually hire financial people to handle the finances of it all, ECW would have been the model of what a wrestling company should be.

Unfortunately, wrestling is filled with the broken and bruised egos of giants who, mentally, have all the maturity of teenagers

I wouldn't go so far as to say ECW was politic free. Heyman certainly had a hell of a job running the shop. There's an article he wrote about it somewhere where he compares what he did to what Dana White does, describing his job as fighting fires. But then, the sheer size difference between WWE and ECW makes it a hell of a lot harder to avoid beurocracy and corruption.

I have a funny feeling it had to do with Taker bullying him on how he dressed, and how Taker essentially screwed his Title run.

I'm sure every wrestler has a few dozen stories about bullying. To themselves, to other people, hell Punk's probably got a few stories where he was the bully. Most likely the "well, we do this bullying campaign..." was the cue for his mic to be shut off.

I suppose you have a point. Less money means lesser stakes, less people gunning for your position. ECW never had to worry about making big money; with their product as it was, it simply wasn't going to get national play without doing major toning down.

That said, it's more than just that. Paul specifically targeted guys that weren't going to cause issues in the locker room.Guys who had been held down by politics (See; Douglas, Shane. Bigelow, Bam Bam), guys who didn't care (Raven, Sandman), or guys who even if they did care, could be held in touch by Paulie himself (Bubba Ray). Vince, on the other hand, will specifically push the guys who buries individuals, because to him, that's "ruthless agression". The more you can bury your brethren, the more you "want it", to Vince.

Sure, ECW had its flaws. Maybe it didn't have as much to gain as the WWE. But Paul's plan, aside from the financial aspect, really had guys going out for the company, not just themselves

Well as everyone else has said before, worked shoot or not, that was incredible. The closest we have come to actually see a shoot or worked shoot in any company was maybe Daniel Bryan or Joey Styles on Raw years ago.

Everything Punk said was true, and he is the future of the business. This promo was genius to an otherwise lackluster Raw. It will be a shame if Punk really does leave, but I don't think there is any way he will. This is the best thing I have seen from WWE in a while. (Since Nexus soon became a joke). I hope he isn't suspended and we get to see more of Punk for a while instead of just for a few weeks.

I suppose you have a point. Less money means lesser stakes, less people gunning for your position. ECW never had to worry about making big money; with their product as it was, it simply wasn't going to get national play without doing major toning down.

That said, it's more than just that. Paul specifically targeted guys that weren't going to cause issues in the locker room.Guys who had been held down by politics (See; Douglas, Shane. Bigelow, Bam Bam), guys who didn't care (Raven, Sandman), or guys who even if they did care, could be held in touch by Paulie himself (Bubba Ray). Vince, on the other hand, will specifically push the guys who buries individuals, because to him, that's "ruthless agression". The more you can bury your brethren, the more you "want it", to Vince.

Sure, ECW had its flaws. Maybe it didn't have as much to gain as the WWE. But Paul's plan, aside from the financial aspect, really had guys going out for the company, not just themselves

I was also thinking that Paul E. Pretty much ran ECW. He wrote, edited and promoted the show. With a company the size of WWE, you just can't do that. You need to delegate, and with more people running the show, the easier it is to whisper in someone's ear and move yourself up the card. But yes, it's also true that Vince encourages that shit. Hell, Stone Cold was encouraging Andy to do it on TE. So there's definately more to it than just the size of the company.

Also, where does New Jack fit into the non-politians of ECW? Or was he just too fucking crazy to give a shit either?

I was also thinking that Paul E. Pretty much ran ECW. He wrote, edited and promoted the show. With a company the size of WWE, you just can't do that. You need to delegate, and with more people running the show, the easier it is to whisper in someone's ear and move yourself up the card. But yes, it's also true that Vince encourages that shit. Hell, Stone Cold was encouraging Andy to do it on TE. So there's definately more to it than just the size of the company.

Also, where does New Jack fit into the non-politians of ECW? Or was he just too fucking crazy to give a shit either?

I'm not so sure I buy that completely.

Yes, the E is huge. However, everyone knows Vince has final say on everything. Everything. It's why we can be assured this whole things a work shoot. Vince allows only what he wants to go on television. He also has that same effect backstage. If something happens, it is because Vince orders it. Vince and Paul are actually more alike. The difference is, they have wholly fundamental differences into how they run their promotion.

As for New Jack... Eh, I dunno. It really depends on who you talk to. I think the thing is, New Jack was too crazy that no one took him seriously when he did try to stir the shit. That isn't to say he wouldn't have tried, just that likely no one bought into it. I still believe R-Truth is nothing more right now than a watered down New Jack

I'm not so sure I buy that completely.

Yes, the E is huge. However, everyone knows Vince has final say on everything. Everything. It's why we can be assured this whole things a work shoot. Vince allows only what he wants to go on television. He also has that same effect backstage. If something happens, it is because Vince orders it. Vince and Paul are actually more alike. The difference is, they have wholly fundamental differences into how they run their promotion.

Very true, but what people say, and how they say it can have a big impact on how Vince would react. Such as Randomer: I don't like CM Punk's attitude and I think he sucks. Vince: What do you know about CM Punk? He's great and the crowd love him. compared to Randomer: The boys don't like CM Punk's attitude. Bob [Holly] think's he's a sloppy piece of shit. Vince: Well then, he should be taught a lesson. Tell Bob to work stiff and no sell his finisher. saying the right thing (for you) to the right person becomes a hell of a lot easier when there are more ears to whisper into that can tell the story in a way that sounds worse than you could make it seem on your own.

And yes, they certainly do run their companies differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back