WWE Night of Champions 2011 - ¡El Chocolate Sexual Para el Campeón Pesado Mundial!

1996 Mark Henry debut, damn before the Attitude Era came in and before Bret left shit...long time to barely have any titles in WWE.

I love packages. I can get caught up quick.

And did Booker just unify the WHC lineage with that of the WCW Title?

People are so caught up calling Booker a 5-time, 5-time, 5-time, 5-time, 5-time champion, they forgot his King Booka run lol. He's a 6 time champ Cole, dumbass.

I don't know about that, KB. Didn't they have a DVD in the last few years featuring the history of the Big Gold Belt and implying it to be the same belt as the WCW Title?

DirtyJosé;3421792 said:
I don't know about that, KB. Didn't they have a DVD in the last few years featuring the history of the Big Gold Belt and implying it to be the same belt as the WCW Title?

Yep. And it still makes no sense and is stupid.

DirtyJosé;3421792 said:

Here is what it says here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Heavyweight_Championship_(WWE)

OriginWWE introduced its World Heavyweight Championship in 2002, with Triple H becoming the inaugural champion on September 2. However, its origin is attributed to events that began in the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA), a promotion with various subsidiaries. In the early 1990s, World Championship Wrestling (WCW) was a subsidiary to the NWA. During this time, WCW used the NWA World Heavyweight Championship as its world title. The WCW World Heavyweight Championship was soon established when the recognition was awarded to then-NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair in 1991. In 1993, WCW seceded from the NWA and grew to become a rival promotion to the World Wrestling Federation (WWF), itself a former subsidiary to the NWA. Both organizations grew into mainstream prominence and were eventually involved in a television ratings war dubbed the Monday Night Wars. Near the end of the ratings war, WCW began a financial decline culminated in March 2001 with the WWF's purchase of WCW.[1] As a result of the purchase, the WWF acquired the video library of WCW, select talent contracts, and championships among other assets. The slew of former WCW talent joining the WWF roster began "The Invasion" which effectively phased out the WCW name. Following this, the WCW Championship was unified with the WWF Championship, the WWF's world title, at Vengeance 2001 in December.[2] At the event, the WCW title was decommissioned with Chris Jericho becoming the final WCW Champion and the subsequent WWF Champion after defeating The Rock and Steve Austin respectively.[3] The WWF title became the Undisputed Championship in professional wrestling until September 2002 with the creation of this World Heavyweight Championship, spun off from the WWE Undisputed Championship as the successor to the WCW title.[4]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back