WWE Night of Champions 2011 - ¡El Chocolate Sexual Para el Campeón Pesado Mundial!

The center of the story was Punk, it was switched to HHH. Punk is the catalyst, sure. The reason there is a story to tell. But the center of it all is HHH. Nash is there because it's HHH. Punk still has a place in the story, an important one, but he is no longer the focus of it (or at least doesn't appear to be until we see what goes down tomorrow night). The story is not about Punk vs The System, it's become HHH vs Corporate Bullshit.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. That's the downside to having two PPVs two weeks apart. I'm glad it'll keep building though, it'll make the matches at Hell in a Cell seem all that more important.

I hadn't known about HiaC coming so soon until tonight. Perhaps knowing that ahead of time would have changed the expectations I had going into tonight. I dug seeing Miz and Truth out there, good way to get them some important screen time. I make no secret that a lot of my reaction is based on both my ambivalence towards Mr. Future Endeavors and my loathing of Kevin Nash in any form.

Fuck that.

Sure, Punk looked strong, but he still fucking loss and had nothing in his arsenal that could put HHH, a guy who's only had one match in the last 2 years, away. Typical horseshit.

I do not have a glass half full approach. I am sure Punk looked like gold, but at the end of the day.....he lost. Simple and plain, sugar coat it all you want.

-Tag match did nothing for me.

-Rhodes/DiBiase was solid, but they haven't given me any reason to care about Ted more than any other contender.

-Not a fan of Fatal Fourway matches, so I didn't pay much attention.

-Orton can make just about anyone look solid, and this match easily told the best story of the evening. Fantastic match, when taking into account who Orton had to work with.

-Kelly should win every match.

-Del Rio still doesn't interest me, and no one should cry about Cena winning the strap. He's better, and more importantly, there's another PPV in two fucking weeks.

-Punk/HHH was a bit of clusterfuck. I see this leading to Vince returning, running the show with Nash and Funk Man. Good match, odd ending. And no, I don't care that HHH won, especially with how it all went down.

Decent show, nothing to remember.

I do not have a glass half full approach. I am sure Punk looked like gold, but at the end of the day.....he lost. Simple and plain, sugar coat it all you want.

He also kicked out of two Pedigrees and was only put down by a Jacknife Powerbomb and another Pedigree. He went into the main event of a PPV, went toe to toe with a bona fide WWE legend, kicked out of his finisher twice, and only lost after substantial interference. HHH put Punk over like a boss tonight.

DirtyJosé;3422600 said:
Care to elucidate SD? Love to hear your thoughts.

I only read the results of HHH-Punk and saw mr raw mvp himself beat Orton. The latter I do not care enough about to decide if I have an opinion about. The former just sounded so incredibly stupid in almost every conceivable way. It seemed obvious that little would come of this match and the finish was going to be screwy but they really seemed to find a new level here. If it was on RAW I'd likely be able to appreciate it a lot more but no idea how this is a main event on a PPV. I think it shows how much WWE is booking on the fly recently and the results seem to indicate they are quite rusty at it.

I only read the results of HHH-Punk and saw mr raw mvp himself beat Orton. The latter I do not care enough about to decide if I have an opinion about.

Take my word as you will, but I really believe we got as good a match between Henry and Orton as one could expect, at least in the terms of making Henry look lethal and yet having Orton look like he was trying his damnedest. Nice clean finish. They did the impossible and actually made Henry look like a champion tonight. Where they go with him from here is a different story, but I'm glad this all wasn't just a "build up a monster and then feed him to Orton right away" the way they used to thrown cannon fodder to Undertaker.

As for the rest of your post: no comment. My opinion can be found earlier/elsewhere. Thanks for sharing though.

Oh, the whole thing was crazy. Just gonna go over some shit before I head off for the Morning.

Air Boom retaining WAS the right idea, but only 'cos of the follow-up story. Awesome Truth looked good coming out of the end of this, simply because of their acting.

Rhodes had a simple retain, it was obvious here.

Sheamus made the ending to the Christian Promo too obvious, but we all knew it was coming. However, it was enjoyable.

The Fatal-Four-Way was a good match, with Ziggler providing the perfect "stealing heel" ending to this one.

WHC Match was a good one and as someone said, it told the best story. Henry coming out on top was a great ending & he looked good in it. Also, he did say he would take on anyone (Khali anybody?). I kid, but it should be interesting to see how things go from here on.

KELLY KELLY WHAT THE FUCK? Beth Phoenix, in her hometown, the best Diva in the business, does NOT win the Title? What a load of bullshit, I hated the ending. Looks like Beth is gonna have something to say about this one tonight on Raw.

Again, with the WWE Title Match, the wrong man won. Cena in ADR's Car was a nice touch, but he shouldn't have won this. With Ricardo Rodriguez being sent to the back, Del Rio should've proven he can win clean, or at least done something naughty to retain by DQ.

AND FINALLY.
The main event was very good in my eyes. Awesome Truths run-in made sense, it worked. As did the referee situation & Nash. Remember though the rule of HHH. He'll beat you at a PPV during the year, then repay you the favour later on.

Overall, a night of Disappointment & joy.

Im sorry, I failed you all. I became quite distracted during the ME :(

I told her to come the fuck over at 1130, but noooooo. I had just opened the Ice Cream too, which got fucking melted and ruined.

Dammit, dammit.

I saw enough to know the match was balls out crazy though, lol

There is another PPV in two weeks? WWE really is a money grubbing ****e sometimes. Book a PPV all around Punk-HHH and then not really deliver that much at all. It is sad that their solution is to supersaturate the market with crap with no regard to what that does to long-term interest in the product. I'm surprised it hasn't caught up with them worse than it already has.

I can't wait for Punk's promo tonight. Should probably put an hour aside so he can explain how he was screwed before he pisses and whinges.

"I got screwed last night! There was an elbow through a table-- and Miz and R-Truth-- and the referee-- and the other referee-- and John Laurinitis-- and text-- and the sledgehammer-- and Kevin Nash-- and three pedigrees-- uh, PIPE BOMB PANTIES YOUR WIFE!"

Manateessouthpark.JPG

They're getting dangerously close to making Punk the heel again, which I'm pretty sure is the exact opposite of what they want.

This storyline is nothing without the HHHeel turn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back