• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE General Complaints Thread

Should we complain?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I agree with what everyone else has said. This is sports entertainment and they are trying to sell a product. If you see more people cheering for someone, you are driven to cheer for him because it would be considered 'cool.' It may be amplified and to some cases dramatized but it works and you stick to what works.

I know I'm not the IWC (just a member) but "number of moves" isn't very high on my list of requirements for enjoyment. To each their own but i think he's great. Some shows he leaves me thinking he was the most enjoyable part of the show. I enjoy his flamboyance and arrogance. His facial expressions in and out of the ring are funny. His schtick is pretty repetitive but he changes his words around and it somehow stays fresh.

There may be a 1,001 moves in his repetoire but he is saving that for a big push. At this point he goes out and looks competitive getting the face over. Loving him is probably a bit much but he does a good job with where he is and what he is expected to do.

One question though, if moves and number of moves are that important to you, why are you watching WWE in the first place?

I know I'm not the IWC (just a member) but "number of moves" isn't very high on my list of requirements for enjoyment. To each their own but i think he's great. Some shows he leaves me thinking he was the most enjoyable part of the show. I enjoy his flamboyance and arrogance. His facial expressions in and out of the ring are funny. His schtick is pretty repetitive but he changes his words around and it somehow stays fresh.

I agree with all that. Of course, it's a matter of opinion whether a performer has a good ring repertoire or not, but I remain impressed with Damien Sandow. He works a match very well, he sells for his opponents and the nature of his gimmick allows his ultimate downfall in matches he loses to seem like a real triumph for whomever he's facing.

In my opinion, his teaming with Cody took away from Sandow's speaking ability which, after all, what made him unique in the first place. Now, he's back to it and I'm enjoying his act even more.

You're welcome.;)

I'm against any faking of crowd reaction. It's lame, and an offensive way to manipulate what people think, preying on peoples tendency to fall in line with the crowd. That includes laugh tracks on sitcoms as well. I get that having an engaged audience reacting appropriately improves peoples perception, and maybe enjoyment of the show. But it's also just about the most condescending and manipulative thing that you can do in the entertainment industry. Taping any show in front of a live audience is all about the risk/reward. You put on a good show, and you'll get the reaction you want, which will in turn engage more viewers at home. You put on a bad show, and people will boo it, or not react. That's just the way it should work, and its what makes live audiences appeal to viewers in the first place: that crowd dynamic and the unpredictability it brings. We may have gotten used to canned reactions in sitcoms, but would a show like Big Brother or American Idol, which are fueled by public opinion, attempt to (or even need to) fake the crowds reaction?

It really does bother me, it irritating, if the people don't get a huge reaction then why fake it, just push talent properly then they will get the desired reaction eventually. It actually puts me off watching.

I recorded Smackdown last night and am currently watching it and am only 20 minutes in. I have no issue with the content or a Sheamus vs Sandow match as these two generally put on a great match. What I noticed right from the beginning was the horrible added in crowd noise, from the moment Alberto Del Rio's music hit there was this huge reaction from the crowd that I don't think I've ever heard him get unless it was in Mexico, and even then I could be wrong. The crowd noise was almost louder than his music. The next segment has Sheamus coming out to another unbelievable reaction, now I get Sheamus is on the of the top guys in the business and does get great reactions on Raw. But when Lilian Garcia announced his name the reaction got louder and lasted for a good 5-10 seconds.

Now I understand Smackdown crowds are generally smaller than Raw's, and they want to try to get their faces over but you can't force feed faces or heels down the fans throats. If someone is going to get over they will get over based on actual live crowd reaction not canned crowd reaction or chants. So with that....

Does the canned crowd noise bother anyone else?
Would you rather hear the live reactions and build your opinion on a superstar or diva on your own?

When I spend money on a ticket I damn well expect, nyet, I damn well demand that someone does my cheering for me. :)

I generally don't notice the canned noise. The only time I notice it is when I remember how someone complained about it on the internet and I listen for it. Then I go back to wondering if Dolph Ziggler is ever going to make WWE some actual money. So no, it does not really bother me. I feel bad it has to be that way but it is what it is and I'd rather not have crickets chirping. If we can'r have organic, artificial noise is the way to go.

Hello, I'd like to come back into this thread and complain about the never ending stables.

I think WWE has had way too many stables in the past 4 years. Legacy, SES, Nexus, Shield, 3MB, PTP, etc. I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting some too. Either way that is more than 1 stable per year.

I think they are becoming too reliant on these heel stables. TNA also does this and they've been doing it for an even longer time, but my issues with TNA stables are different from WWE's so I won't get into that.

I think the appeal of stables starts to wane when they keep getting used over and over again -

It seems every year on this forum people are losing their sh** about the newest stable, and how Ted DiBiase/Cody Rhodes in Legacy, Wade Barrett in Nexus, now finally the people in Shield are the latest wrestlers who are "da future".

I'm getting bored with being told I should invest in these stables only for them to all amount to nothing. I won't be surprised if Shield goes the same way as the rest of them. They finally start getting singles pushes, then everybody thinks they are boring/stale characters and then the comments of "I never liked Dean Ambrose anyway! I don't understand why anybody ever did!" start popping up.

Sitting through this cycle is getting boring. I'd like to see WWE stables (and TNA stables as well for that matter) take a long hiatus.

My complaint after seeing last MNR? CM Punk comparing himself to God. This promo of his made me so sick to my stomach that I simply turned off Raw. I couldn't watch anymore I felt disgusted. I'm sorry that not everybody will share my point of view but this is how I think about it. Everybody is different and most people probably won't understand where I am coming from but I am a religious man who believes in God and for Punk to say something so arrogant like that makes me want to puke. It has nothing to do with Heel heat or whatever. It's purely CM Punk's arrogance and plus the fact that he is an atheist that he has the balls to say something like this. This kind of crap has nothing to do with being a heel or a face. CM Punk to me has gone too far. I know that the man is an Atheist but who the hell does he think he is making such a damn statement. Those words just broke my heart. It doesn't matter if he believes himself to be so damn great, he could have used other ways to describe himself. He thinks he's a god? What a joke this man is. He takes a piss, he shits, and if he doesn't breathe his heart will fail. How can a mere human compare himself to god?? What a vile and sick display of arrogance. I'm sorry if I am going too far myself by posting this. But I'm still pissed off by what this man has said... So yeah that's my complaint.

My complaint after seeing last MNR? CM Punk comparing himself to God. This promo of his made me so sick to my stomach that I simply turned off Raw. I couldn't watch anymore I felt disgusted. I'm sorry that not everybody will share my point of view but this is how I think about it. Everybody is different and most people probably won't understand where I am coming from but I am a religious man who believes in God and for Punk to say something so arrogant like that makes me want to puke. It has nothing to do with Heel heat or whatever. It's purely CM Punk's arrogance and plus the fact that he is an atheist that he has the balls to say something like this. This kind of crap has nothing to do with being a heel or a face. CM Punk to me has gone too far. I know that the man is an Atheist but who the hell does he think he is making such a damn statement. Those words just broke my heart. It doesn't matter if he believes himself to be so damn great, he could have used other ways to describe himself. He thinks he's a god? What a joke this man is. He takes a piss, he shits, and if he doesn't breathe his heart will fail. How can a mere human compare himself to god?? What a vile and sick display of arrogance. I'm sorry if I am going too far myself by posting this. But I'm still pissed off by what this man has said... So yeah that's my complaint.

You're not going too far. I can understand your complaint. It's a sensitive subject, and one that WWE has handled poorly in the past as well.

I will say that, despite Punk's real world beliefs, it was an in-character promo. A bad guy saying something wicked to elicit a negative response. One could look at it just like the current Zeb Colter character/storyline.

Anyway, I really just wanted to say that, IMO, you aren't going too far because those are your beliefs. No need to apologize for that.

I will make this brief because I am literally disgusted by the wrestling business right now after that match monday. Everybody in the whole planet is praising that match AM I THE ONLY ONE WH0 SAW CENA NO SELL 2 KNEES RIGHT TO HiS FACE TWICE IN THE SPAN OF LIKE 3 MINUTES AT THE END. I knew cena was gonna win the macth,. My problem is CM PUNK running kneed him in the face in the corner TWICE and cena NO sold them both. He "hogan hulked up" after 2 direct knee shots. Thats so bull... I dont care what anybody says. I dont care what Vince Mcmahon says , what punk says what all the fans say,. That was ******ed...You have to sell for a guy when he does that to you. I found it pathetic. Punk looked weak like his "moves" dont even hurt a guy. I am pretty sure it looked super fake. I dont care what anybody says I had a problem with it.

On the "I am God" thing, firstly I'm pretty sure Punk classified it as being god in that universe the fans live in, secondly Hulk Hogan actually said it years ago and I'm pretty sure other heels have as well, lastly, and maybe most importantly, it could be a set up line for Taker to bounce off in his promo when he returns, given he's the demon of death valley..

I will make this brief because I am literally disgusted by the wrestling business right now after that match monday. Everybody in the whole planet is praising that match AM I THE ONLY ONE WH0 SAW CENA NO SELL 2 KNEES RIGHT TO HiS FACE TWICE IN THE SPAN OF LIKE 3 MINUTES AT THE END. I knew cena was gonna win the macth,. My problem is CM PUNK running kneed him in the face in the corner TWICE and cena NO sold them both. He "hogan hulked up" after 2 direct knee shots. Thats so bull... I dont care what anybody says. I dont care what Vince Mcmahon says , what punk says what all the fans say,. That was ******ed...You have to sell for a guy when he does that to you. I found it pathetic. Punk looked weak like his "moves" dont even hurt a guy. I am pretty sure it looked super fake. I dont care what anybody says I had a problem with it.
Give it a break on the Cena hate. Cena is known to do a poor job of selling. But in all of his matches with punk he has sold just fine. Last night was no different.

I would like to add a complaint as well. This one falls on the "people's champion" The Rock. The fact that he has already missed two raws and may miss next week is unacceptable. Last year was not a big problem, but being the wwe champion he should be there every week leading to wrestlemania. He is the face of the company but isn't there to promote his fued with Cena.

Am I the only one who does not give a shit about Dolph cashing anymore? They dragged
out his MITB crap so long, that it's got to the point where I don't care if he wins the belt
now. It's like WWE just gave him the MITB just so he could look good with it.

My complaint is that WWE won’t just focus on their own stuff. I really want them to start making the show more like a TV show instead of a show trying to prove that they are “popular”. There is nothing wrong with bringing in famous people but don’t make the show about them. Also this whole thing about being “realistic” is just crap. WWE has always done its best when it was over the top.

I originally wanted to come on here and ask if you guys if you thought Jack Swagger is a main event level talent. I planned on summarizing his career and all of his accomplishments and see if you guys thought he was deserving of this prominence (a world title spot) heading into WrestleMania 29, which is actually the first WrestleMania I've ever purchased tickets for and was extremely for when I first purchased them last fall.

However, with that merged Jack Swagger thread in the WWE forum I was afraid my thread would be merged so I decided to re-direct my focus. Swagger, to me, is the face of a population that I refer to as "over-pushed". The definition is simple, an over-pushed superstar is someone who is given prestigious accomplishments despite having either little to no talent, a terrible gimmick, or no crowd reaction. Historically, I've seen this label applied to a list of stars (most of them I disagree with), that include but are not limited to Ultimate Warrior, David Flair, and Kevin Nash.

Jack Swagger debuted in WWE in 2008 and immediately dominated ECW and became a very entertaining midcard champion. When he moved to RAW he was lost in the shuffle before suddenly being thrust into the limelight at WM26 by winning the MitB briefcase. He was given a world title reign that saw him defeat the likes of Edge, Chris Jericho, and Randy Orton (who was a red-hot face at the time). This reign was best described as lackluster, and WWE finally took the strap off him and immediately put him in the Intercontinental title hunt until letting him fall into irrelevance. They tried to make him important by pairing him with 2 of the top heels of 2011-2012 in Michael Cole and Vickie Guerrero but nothing worked he still couldn't get a reaction.

I have no interest in this "new Jack Swagger". When they said he was being re-packaged, I thought he was actually being repackaged like Isaac Yankem became Kane or Skip Sheffield became Ryback. He is still Jack Swagger all-American American he still has move-set the same entrance and I don't know why he was chosen over big names such as Sheamus, Orton, Jericho, Big Show, Ziggler, and Ryback for such a prominent role. He still is not over and he hasn't improved at all since we last saw him. He has a beard, a manager, and a DUI yet we are supposed to believe he is some new man who all of sudden can be a top guy in this business and I'm not buying it. The only man who I personally think you could even argue being more over-pushed is Alberto Del Rio, who has multiple world title reigns and even a Royal Rumble win with limited mic skills and no reaction from the crowd.

Who do you guys think has been over-pushed recently and is the most over-pushed today? My top 3 of today is Swagger, Del Rio and Miz (people only cheer for him when Flair is there and his in-ring talent has never existed)

I personally prefer the "new" Swagger to the old one. I like heels that show a lot of aggression in both their in-ring style and general attitude. It's a big improvement on Swagger in my eyes. This, for the most part, was how I was hoping Swagger would be when he came to Raw from ECW. Unfortunately, for much of Swagger's career, he's floated around through mid-card limbo. His World Heavyweight Championship run was pretty much doomed from the start and it just wasn't the time. Swagger's biggest weakness has long since been his promo ability, so having a mouthpiece like Zeb Coulter is a good addition in my opinion.

This angle has gotten a lot of attention because it pushes some hot buttons. On Raw last night, they mentioned "political correctness" so I'm guessing they're expanding their platform. I do think there's a problem with political correctness in some situations. In society today, you're labeled as one thing or another if you tend to come out and say EXACTLY how you feel or what's on your mind. For instance, if you criticize someone for something or other, people call you a bully these days. In the case of Swagger & Coulter, they've been labeled as being "racists" by the likes of Glenn Beck and other well known Republicans. Something I find more than a little ironic when you look at the, for some people, racially & sexually prejudice ideals of many right wing thinkers. Swagger & Coulter haven't brought race into it. Pointing out that the VAST majority of illegal immigrants in the US are Latino isn't racism, it's a stone cold fact. Feeling genuinely uncomfortable with the lack of security, officials not enforcing immigration laws and the fact that pretty much anybody can cross into the country without any legal authority knowing about it doesn't make you racist either. However, that's how sensitive society has become. Tolerance is wonderful, but tolerance swings both ways.

As for why Swagger was chosen over other names, why not? Big Show, Orton & Sheamus look to be headed into a program with The Shield. Big Show's best days are long behind him and, in all honesty, Orton's probably are as well, so feuding with younger wrestlers that are gaining a lot of attention is a good use of their star power. As for Sheamus, Sheamus dominated the World Heavyweight Championship picture for most of 2012. He was champ for about 7 months and feuded with Big Show for most of the rest of the year. Sheamus is someone that's WWE has established as a top level player for the next several years. At only 30 years of age, Swagger is someone that, potentially, has a good 10+ years ahead of him as someone that could be a reliable star for WWE.

I get that some aren't into Swagger at all. Every wrestler's got their share of haters. Swagger might be a bright shining star or he might soon fizzle out. Either way, I'm enjoying him in the here & now.

I wouldn't call a guy like Swagger over pushed maybe in the beginning but when he formed with Cole he was already down hill the only problem i'm having is his anckle lock a move that dindn't work for god know's how long takes a 5 month absent and then no one knows how to reverse it ??? or grab the bothem rope ??? i am willing to see how this goes dont expect too much of it though but well see and love the Miz so not being overpushed :)

I'd beg to differ here. Yes, Jack Swagger was irrelevant a few months ago. Yes, his championship reign wasn't the hottest one. But there has never been lack of ability in Jack Swagger. All he needed was a mouthpiece, and in Zeb Colter, he has found the perfect mouthpiece. I am ready to give Swagger a chance here. He is not guaranteed the World Championship yet and could pull it off.

Coming to Del Rio, I am not sure how you can call his face turn and championship reign a case of over-push. He is receiving great reaction and finally, the crowd has accepted him. I still think he would've been in a great spot had he not lost to Edge at Wrestlemania. That derailed his momentum which I think he has finally regained.

Miz is in a spot where crowd has started warming up to him. He is not insanely over, but he is not in main-event. How is that an over-push? When Miz won the WWE championship, he was over as a heel and was doing fine till he lost his championship to Cena. After his feud with Riley, he has been in the proverbial dog house till recently.

I understand where you are coming from. According to me, both Swagger and Miz have one thing in commons i.e. the shitty booking after they lost their titles. Because if we look at it, their title reigns were just fine. It was after the title events which rendered them irrelevant. And as far as Del Rio goes, he is in much better spot since his face turn than he was in his entire heel run.

Swagger has been over pushed, no doubt about it. The storyline is good heading into Wrestlemania and is getting plenty of publicity for the WWE but lets face it, the real star has been Zeb Coulter and not Jack Swagger. I know that Zeb Coulter has brainwashed Swagger in the storyline but without Zeb, Swagger wouldn't get any reaction at all. He simply does not deserve to be in the main event of Wrestlemania, he hasn't even improved much from his debut in 2008! He is okay in the ring, and has bad mic skills. And this isn't even mentioning Swaggers recent arrest that proves he isn't a main event level superstar.

I love the new direction and new aggression by Swagger, but Zeb Colter NEEDS to go. He takes all the attention off Swagger, and is just spewing garbage promos, saying the same exact thing every week. Get rid of Zeb and Swagger is a credible main eventer. With Zeb, he'll never touch that title.

This is a spot where those who say WWE creative sucks are sitting in the corner and WWE creative don't seem to be fans of wrestling.

The idea is great. In an age where political correctness is at it's height, WWE has still managed to play the "ethnic" story line. Zeb Coulter,which is a great last name for the story line via Ann Coulter's last name ( a popular super conservative ) and he is delivering on such a high level that even the IWC is virtually silent when it comes to hating his character. The reason Swagger is linked to him is simple, he has America all over his character and a "decent" weight in water as far as legitimate talent. Now to me, the story was thought of first after they dropped the idea of mask vs mask (Cara and Rey )to set the record for most mistakes, I mean, masks at an event...snore. So they went for the same demographic in a different way.

I think it's working I think the story line is solid from a buyrate POV. But those who have been watching know Del Rio is not a top heel ( sans Ricardo) , and turning Del Rio face did nothing for a lot of people.

TL;DR Great story line, bad characters. With the exception of Zeb Coulter.

I don't think Swagger is being overpushed, in fact I think it's the most successful push he has had to date. The fact he has Zeb Colter as a mouth piece has made all the difference as unfortunatly Swagger basically sucks on the mic. People could never get past the lisp and take him seriously. With Colter at his side he is in for a good run but on the downside with his DUI arrest I wouldn't be surprised if he lost at WM. At the moment I don't really feel they have been over pushing anybody. WWE has seemed to find a good balance recently and has really upped the product it's putting out. I did feel they were pushing Del Rio a bit much but he hits alot of demograpics for them so I can understand why they have done it. It will be interesting to see which direction WWE goes at WM with th belt between the two.

The WWE is very capable of creating there own talent and getting them over by force. If you know anything about me around here, I constantly bring up Cody Rhodes when mentioning this to be the case. He was another guy who really didn't get a whole lot of crowd response yet was given the IC title to work with for quite a while and eventually had everyone clamoring on here about how he was "bringing the prestige" back to the title. All this support simply because the WWE actually had him say that! Yet what did he actually do that was so well received? Nothing. He went from a guy who got no response during his Dashing Cody Rhodes gimmick to a guy who pathetically got a handful of people in the crowd to SUPPORT his heel persona during his "disfigured" gimmick months later. However for months after he dropped the title, people online went on to say that he was a success and that WWE had killed his momentum. Well guess what? They created him. His entire push was a test run so that the WWE could see that he IS indeed someone they can make into a main event star down the road if necessary. They were probably satisfied with his run as many fans (including myself) were.

Fast-forward to now, we have Swagger going through the same treatment in a sense. He's being forced on us because if you think about it, this is his trial run as well. The WWE want to see if he can get over as a main event talent. They made him into a main event talent almost 3 years ago when he had the WHC and they introduced props for him like the Swagger Soaring Eagle, his father, and such. He was able to get a moderate response from the crowd but not enough to convince the creative team that he was legit in that gimmick. So they let him job around for the next 2 years while they push other guys (it's business after all) and decide that when they come back with a push for Swagger, it'll be a "make or break" storyline for his future with the company.

This storyline is being pushed so hard because i strongly believe that it's their final attempt at getting Swagger over. I tend to believe the same goes for ADR. He was given the world with his pushes back in 2010-2011. A ring announcer, fancy cars, spark waterfall, vignettes on mansion sets, and the WWE title even!! You see them as over-pushed right now and I agree that they are. It's all because the company needs to know if these guys have what it takes or if all their efforts will be better focused elsewhere to replace these 2 men for new main event talent.

I love love this jack swagger! Fuck yes. Jack swagger has all-world ability and always in my mind is this generations kurt angle! When swagger first won the WHC true enough it wasnt the most memorable runs with the strap. It had absolutely nothing to do with his ability,it all had to do with the fact he isnt that strong on the mic.

I always have been in the mindset let the ability in the ring do the talking,but wrestling wise mic skills are a good 25% of the battle! This time around though,swagger has a mouthpiece and it is doing wonders for him. There touching on a lot of subjects touchy subjects,and I for one am loving it. It is not racism when it is a stone cold fact Zeb speaks on subjects concerning Undocumented workers!

Most of us thought when swagger got arrested some odd two weeks ago he would be immediately punished. Seems the rout WWE is taking is hoping a lot of us will forget the fact he got arrested which by mania time i surely will have. This is the swagger that is truly showcasing his abilities. But again he might be endeavored because of all the haters out there who have nothing better to do! I hope to god that doesnt happen,but for now I am 110%enjoying this jack swagger. Ankle locks and more ankle locks i say

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back