General WWE Complaining & PG Rating Thread

First identify when you began watching / Rate your enthusiasm with today's product

• I began watching in Hogan Era. I am Very Satisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Hogan Era. I am neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Hogan Era. I am very Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in New Generation Era. I am Very Satisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in New Generation Era. I am neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in New Generation Era. I am very Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Attitude Era. I am Very Satisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Attitude Era. I am neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Attitude Era. I am very Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Post-Attitude Era. I am Very Satisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Post-Attitude Era. I am neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Post-Attitude Era. I am very Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in PG Era. I am Very Satisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in PG Era. I am neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in PG Era. I am very Dissatisfied with PG Era.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Slam Master

Pre-Show Stalwart
MODERATOR'S COMMENTS: This is the General WWE Complaint Thread. Any complaints you have about the current product should go in here. We appreciate your participation in our forums, but please do not continue to create new threads that complain about the current WWE product. Let's keep it all in one place... HERE.

Thank you

The WWE recently said they wanted to vastly improve Monday Night Raw after Wrestlemania and the Draft to once again make it worthy of being called their flagship show. Lately, it seems like it's gotten worse..The matches are short, boring with no room for high spots or great comebakcs for the most part, and the owner's son, not even a wrestler, was main eventing, getting the better of the WWE Champion and his confidantes every time they wrestled up until last week when they took his leg out. It seems like the gimmicks they have are just goofy,pointless and the matches are lackluster. Michael Cole doesn't help either, it just hasn't been the same since JR was traded. There's one or two things I like about it now, but for the majority I'm not looking as forward to it as I used to.

Smackdown's matches are way more intense and wrestling oriented. This past week they had solid matches from mid-carders going 10 mins. or more and great main events. Granted I know its sports entertainment, but its a wrestling show and bottom line its got to be about the wrestling.

I think to give Raw and Smackdown a boost they should start putting the titles on the line on cable more often like they used to in the mid to late 90's, and having more solid, wrestling oriented matches...Thoughts??

i agree 100%. i love wrestling. and if a wrestling show is on, i am going to mark out during the show and love it simply because i am a die hard wrestling fan and if it has to do with wrestling, i am going to like it. however, like most over the age of 12, once the show is over and the dust has cleared, i look at the quality of the show itself. monday night raw has gone straight to hell from what it used to be. watching orton pull off and say his psychotic sick ass shit on the mcmahons made me feel that they are starting to become serious once again. however, as usual nowadays, they fucked it all up beyond repair. don't get me wrong, like everything else in life things can be fixed, but they're going to have to start pretty damn quick. the mcmahon's need to keep their business out of the ring, michael cole needs to go back to backstage interviewing, rhodes and dibiase need their own agendas, mvp needs to stop trying so hard to be a face, cena needs to be booked to actually wrestle, so on and so forth. shit....

I feel the same way about it, but unfortunately the "casual moro...i mean...fan" doesnt really react to technical prowess or even solid in-ring action anymore. They want Cena's rugurgitated catch phrases or Jeff Hardy's wreckless rockstar act or Batista's sloppy and dangerous "animal" style.
Now that Kurt Angle is in TNA (ew), Chris Benoit has passed on and Brock Lesnar left the buisness for greener pastures, they're are no more high profile guys left to help people remember that it's called wrestling for a reason.
As much as I love the ring styles of people like Shelton Benjamin, CM Punk, Kofi Kingston and Jack Swagger (he cant talk but he is very solid in that ring),
they're styles dont really get over because they're not nearly flashy enough, unless they water down they're style signifigantly (Punk has flourished largely due to it).

I don't like saying it, because i'm an old school ECW type of fan, where technical wrestling and giving guys the time to give us something special mattered to the people in charge. But this is big buisness and big buisness will always put forth highly "stepped on" product in the interest of profitability.
It sucks, but this is what happens when there is only one real game in town.
TNA has a chance at competing down the road, but they have serious creative and booking issues that need to be sorted out before they get to that point.

Until a proper competitor arises, i'm afraid he WWE has no cause to bring back all the aspects of wrestling that made us "Hardcore" fans love it so in the first place. Mediocre product for a mediocre market in a mediocre world, thanks a lot Vince.

been thinking about this for few days what was vince McMahon biggest mistake

i think to be hounest it buying wcw i think wwe was at it best when i had competition in wcw they had to beat wcw week in week out tna is no where near being that competition for wwe at the moment but because wcw was good and was beating wwe week in week out vince had to pull out all the cards but now that wcw no longer there he doesnt have to so he not trying anymore

what do you think of all the things vince has done what has been worse for wrestling?

There's a few pretty big mistakes....

But I think the biggest was letting The Rock go to holywood.
The guy was a huge star inside and outside the wrestling world, even before he was in movies. Ratings were high whenever he was around and he made the overall product that much better with both his promos and his matches. He made a great world champion and could work with anyone.
And as I said, ratings were always high for Rock. Rocky = money. Vince should've done everything he could (within reason) to keep him around. And I think, no matter how much money or control Vince could've ended up giving The Rock, Rocky would've never turned into a Hogan type power backstage. He would've put young guys over and did what was good for the business.
Would ratings be as low right now if Rocky was still around, feuding with Orton and Edge? Hard to say, but I believe they would be considerably higher.

Wrestling fans may feel that Vince buying WCW was his biggest mistake, but I am sure that Vince would vehemently disagree. Despite how fuming a lot of us are at his lack of a Creative product, he is actually very profitable due to the prices he charges, and the amount of people out there willing to pay those prices.

So where as today's fan base is definitely smaller than it was in popular times ... he is actually making more profit in this Era, which is the name of the game for survival.

I hate today's product with a passion. But what do you do, when Vince's profits are higher than ever?

His biggest mistake was putting Stephanie in charge, plain and simple. Buying WCW wasn't a mistake, that should have been a HUGE storyline. An actual WWE vs. WCW fued was what every pro wrestling fan wanted and should have been bigger than the NWO. Sure, they didn't have all the top WCW stars at first, but eventually they signed most of them and new WCW guys showing up all the time could have kept the storyline going for a long time.

I don't think that his biggest mistake was buying WCW. As a matter of fact no matter what anyone in WCW said it, the company was still going to be sold because the network executives didn't want wrestling in their network. Vince buying WCW guarantees him a lot of money. Vince owns anything that has to do with WCW, so he will be making a lot of money from the DVD's he can put out of former WCW wrestlers and other things.

Anyways back on subject, I think one of his biggest mistakes was not encouraging Austin to get his injuries, especially his neck, heal correctly. I think that if he had told Austin to not worry about anything and just get healed, Austin might still be able to wrestle full time or at least every once in a while. Now I'm not by any means saying that it's Vince's fault that Austin can't wrestle anymore because it isn't his fault, but I think he should have told him to get healed correctly even if the company was in bad shape.

I agree with the statement that buying WCW was a huge mistake, but WCW was on it's way out anyway. So from a profit standpoint, it made sense at the time.

True, the invasion angle could have been done way better, but if you look at it, its typical of Vince McMahon. He let it go for a while, but what eventually happened with the angle was a mirror image of real life. WWE crushed WCW in the invasion angle, and WCW was dead (again).

Vince's biggest mistake is simply being Vince. He has surrounded himself these last few years with a bunch of "yes-men" and anyone who actually has the balls to stand up to him gets kicked to the curb. Vince, a multi-millionaire for at least the past 20 years, has the delusion that he is, in fact, very in touch with the common wrestling fan and knows exactly what they want.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Vince's mistake is simply being Vince. If he were to recognize that his product is pretty much shit, that he has no idea whatsoever what the fans want, then perhaps he would take a look around and hire people, as well as listen to people, who can deliver a solid product.

WWE can recapture it's glory, if Vince stops being Vince.

I agree with marlowshanmen, Vince needs to stop being Vince. He needs to realize that its about what the audience of millions wants, not the audience of one (Him). Buying out WCW was a horrible decision because it ALLOWS Vince to be Vince. It allows him to do the crappy, repetitive storylines and push guys who don't deserve it because he has NO competition. If WCW or ECW were still around, Vince would have a hard time putting butts in seats with the crap he churns out now. If TNA ever got their act together they might be able to compete, but right now Vinnie Russo is turning them into WCW2.

Vince McMahon's biggest mistake?

Three Words (well.. not really..):

The X..F..L..

I think I would agree with that, that makes a lot of sense.

It's hard to classify certain things as "mistakes" - like letting the Rock go to Hollywood. What was he supposed to do? Sign him to a 40 million a year guaranteed multi-year contract, with merchandise profit sharing and a limited schedule? There was just no way that he could have competed with the draw of making movies.

Now people who say that buying WCW was Vince's biggest mistake, it absolutely is not. If you say that, you're saying it based on your perception as a fan. As some others have already pointed out, WCW was going to be sold no matter what. Vince came in and bought it at a supposedly ridiculous price. He kept it out of the hands of someone who might have made it a true competitor and with contracts, he kept a lot of guys from either joining or starting a new promotion at the time. If anything, it was worth it for Vince to acquire the rights to the video library of NWA/WCW times of guys like Sting, Flair, Steamboat, The Steiners, and even Austin, not to mention the nwo. WWE makes a lot of DVDs based on that older footage.

When you look at questions like these you have to think from two different perspectives; the fan, and the businessman. Both views are generally going to conflict most of the time.

I have to agree with what marlowshanem said. I think one of his biggest mistakes was the way he handled the invasion angle. If he pulled everything off the way he should have, it would have made millions and could have easily lasted until Wrestlemania, instead of the blowoff at Survivor Series. Forget making Stephanie and Shane the leaders of the respective groups--that was doomed from the get-go and we all knew it. Heyman and Bishoff should have been put into those roles. Add to the fact the contracts of Sting, Hogan, Flair, Goldberg and many others should have been bought up. Sure, it would have been a high cost, but it would have easily paid for itself over a couple of high calibre PPV matches. Mike Awesome, if I remember correctly was the first "invader." It should have been someone of a higher calibre, and someone important should have been attacked, and not who was. (Sorry, but I can't remember who.) Vince needs to learn to put what the fans want first, and not his own personal agenda. In putting the fans first, the product will actually be more successful.

i think the biggest mistake that vince did is two things one is that he took out the extreme in ecw extreme and hardcore matches made high ratings but the biggest mistake for vince is wwe going pg i know the wwe is trying to reach out the kids but most of them are in bed when raw and ecw comes on so vince should put raw and ecw back to tv14 and sd on tv pg becuse kids watch smackdown more than ecw and raw
so vince put bck the e in ecw and have raw and ecw be back to tv14 for the adults and teens.

DONT ORDER JOHN CENA NEW PPV CALLED YOU CANT SEE MY PPV

vince mcmahon's biggest mistake is what many have said already, he is simply vince mcmahon. john cena actually pointed it out pretty well in a promo once, the guy is fucking insane. anybody who believes that raw is better than smackdown or ecw for that matter right now is out of their minds. good god, the flag ship show has gotten bad. he makes legacy look like the 3 little bitches, the santina angle is old, stale, and just crap, the tag titles seem almost non-existent, some of the main divas are being used like hell, john cena is shit, batista is shit, triple h; don't even get me started on that, it's all gone to hell. but ya, vince's flaw is that he still exists in the wwe universe. anybody think shane/steph are going to do any better? i highly doubt it. but we can still hope.

vince needs to resurrect wcw nitro....instead of keeping it buried. something. the wwe has gotten stale. vince couldnt even do much with the nwo. he dropped the nwo quick. if you watch on youtube when the nwo was in the wwe for that short period.....it was pretty funny. especially when stone cold confronted them. THE WWE UNIVERSE SUCKS !

I agree with marlowshanmen, Vince needs to stop being Vince. He needs to realize that its about what the audience of millions wants, not the audience of one (Him). Buying out WCW was a horrible decision because it ALLOWS Vince to be Vince. It allows him to do the crappy, repetitive storylines and push guys who don't deserve it because he has NO competition. If WCW or ECW were still around, Vince would have a hard time putting butts in seats with the crap he churns out now. If TNA ever got their act together they might be able to compete, but right now Vinnie Russo is turning them into WCW2.

Read your statement, you contradict yourself. "Buying out WCW was a horrible decision...he has no competition.....if WCW or ECW was around, Vince would have a hard time putting butts in seats."

If I would agree with your statement that WCW or ECW would give Vince competition, which I don't, then wouldn't it make perfect sense to buy them out? You are looking at the WCW/ECW buy out as a wrestling fan, Vince has built up a monopoly in the wrestling business. If you don't like his product tuff shit cause its the only game in town. Sucks as a fan, but a perfect scenearo as a business owner. Buying WCW was genious, it was purchased for pennies on the dollar for what it was worth; the tape library alone was worth the selling price. ECW was bought out of bankruptcy, so you know Vince paid a little to nothing for that.

If your a business owner, who has a chance to completely buy out your major competition for pennies, making yourself the only show in town, why wouldn't you do it?????

Yeah I agree that it was not his biggest mistake. Not even a little. He was so successful that he actually bought his only competetion. That is not a mistake, that is just good business. Sidious had it exactly right. He is more than likely making more profit now than he was ever making in the attitude era and that's because people have no alternative and the alternative we could have is pretty poor at the moment. His biggest mistake, for me, was the limo explosion stoyline. That could not have came at worse time really. It wasn't his fault but that's just the way it goes I suppose.

ok reading the other posts has got me thinking that i am wrong and that buying wcw was not a mistake the way he did the invasion yes he could of done that better and his biggest mistake is being vince

but i was just thinking did he make right choice in what to bring back we all know that ECW fans are passionate about the product but thats where i think he was wrong his vision for ECW is not right if you get my meaning it not extreame enough for the old ECW fans. should he have brought back WCW as a brand insted?

The XFL was a complete joke. I also think that some of the gimmick stuff is crap. The Donald Trump vs. Rosie match??? Come on. That may have been mildly amusing at best, but the match went on for like 7 or 8 minutes. It was a complete joke. Letting Bret Hart go was also a mistake. I know, it is debateable but still. Bret was a big player at the time.

Although I still say that the biggest mistake in wrestling history was David Arquette being champion.

Anything you can get a monopoly on, is not a mistake. Mcmahon has a monopoly like no other in the wrestling world. Sure theres some smaller territories but overall, Vince owns the World of wrestling. People try to put out a diffrent product, at this point all he has to do is scoop up their best talent, offer them double pay, and put that business out of business. Kinda like UFC has on the MMA world of television right now. Mcmahon can do whatever the hell HE wants to do, and charge whatever HE wants to charge for it. That will never be a mistake, on anyones part. To get a monopoly, is better than winning the lottery all around the world 15 times. Simply becuase you can do whatever the heck you want with it, when you want with it. At your prices, on your terms.

I think BB's biggest mistake is how he let his ego get the best of him concerning the WCW "Invasion" angle. This angle could of been the biggest in the history of the sport. But instead, Vince decided it would be "fun" to just bury all of WCW's talent as if they were all nobodys. He killed some very good talent and ruined others...DDP could of be HUGE in the WWE but Vince felt it was best to serve him up to the Undertaker. Booker T managed to last long enough to gain his credibility back, but he was fed to Austin like a jobber at first. Everyone else he just spat on to fill his ego.

This angle could of been HUGE. He had every wrestling star WCW had at his disposal. Instead, he chose to feed them to his wolves and make every single one of them look like undercard jobbers in the process.

Shane has to be Vince's biggest mistake. If only he'd used protection 40 years ago, we wouldn't have to suffer that pathetic Muhammad Ali like shuffle he attempts, before he miraculously beats up guys who are twice his size and are trained/experienced athletes. Sure, i admired the 'coast to coast' move at first, and i respected the 30ft (according to Lawler it was 70ft) bump he took against Steve Blackman. But he's to old now to be skipping around the ring, and even getting the better of Legacy for a while in a 3 on 1 handicap match, when he's clearly out of shape and just looks like an accountant.

Vince's biggest mistake outside of the invasion angle, was Booker T. Not letting him win the title from HHH at Wrestlemania 19 was rediculous. Booker was extremely over with the fans, arguably one of the most popular at the time, and Vince didn't give him a chance then. It would have been great, and maybe Vince would have been thought of differently for giving a WCW superstar the belt so soon after the invasion, esp over his boy. But nope, he let us down with that 1.

Its quite simple not the buying or the wcw angle cause he made money off it.....three letters X F L ....he went up against america's favorite past time the NFL and lost miserable...in the process he lost money and crediblity and became the laughing stock of sports for awhile now...i mean really anytime WWE is on sportscenter they mention it lol...hell he even made fun of himself with the xba.....so its easy he went up against the most popluar sport NFL and lost badly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back