WWE General Complaints Thread

Should we complain?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
The problem with WWE is...

#1 They have hired nothing but ex-wrestlers and family as off-screen employees and writers (obviously to offset the lawsuits for workplace injuries and long term drug (steroid) use). With no experience and/or abilities for such a role... Yes - it is a family run business which I fully wish to succeed. But you can't hire every son of a wrestler, friend of a friend, and frankly wrestlers who have no managerial experience and expect to succeed in the long term. (STORY LINES ARE HORRENDOUS - PERIOD"."!)

#2 WWE went PG when they started down the above path, and their story lines went to shit to try and make up revenue instead of solving problem #1 (a.k.a. half-assing it.)

Yet since they have done that, they became a more successful brand then when the product was focusing more on the adult audience. A tv deal like they we're able to get for raw and smackdown wouldn't have happen if they didn't produce a pg product.

Also,I think who better then a ex wrestler or somebody that's been in the wrestling business for a long time to work backstage either as a Booker or agent. If somebody knows how the wrestling industry works and how to put guide those Hollywood writers in making a pretty decent wrestling stories is guys that have been in the business.

Do I think that WWE will ever be like new Japan, hell no, that's not what they want to be and never will. Go ask Vince or HHH or any of the other McMahon family member working in the company. The point of the wwe isn't to be serious wrestling, it's to be family entertainment because that's what sells and that what will make the company be successful in the long run. The PG era is why we are able to get the WWE network, the NXT brand, the uk brand and the cruiserweights. Because, they realize that the money isn't in pleasing the adult male audience anymore but in focusing on families and trying to create the next generation of fans, so to me that's a good business plan for them long term. The product might not be to the liking of everybody but they have become a more successful brand because of it.

The girls are killing me! Been watching forever and all of the girl segments/matches have really made raw and Smackdown unwatchable. I can’t believe I don’t see more complaints about this. I don’t mind once in a while, but jeez, every other segment is devoted to them

I may get a lot of flak and be shamed and labelled as "misogynistic" or "primitive caveman" or "regressive sexist" and shit but I completely agree with you, Blindmelon.

Sure one can always skip the women's segments but the fact is-the entire product has been infused with stupid women's segments, WWE/Vince/HHH's agenda of "women's revolution" and catering to the mainstream narrative(obviously because they're hypocrites and only care about MONAAAYYYYY), same as their "be a star" anti-bullying thing.

First it was giving these women's matches mainevent segments, opening segments and so on so OFTEN that it became ridiculous, back in 2016.

For instance, consider this week's Smackdown.

Not only did they feature 3 women's segments(and one of them featured Rusev and Andrade cien almas playing the subservient role, mind you), barring backstage interviews, Charlotte vs fucking carmella was the mainevent.

So you're telling me these women are better than Jeff Hardy, Randy Orton and Shinsuke Nakamura, with the latter two being must-see psychotic, twisted heels after a year of doldrums being involved in Shane McMahon's crap, and shouldn't end the show?

A time will come when freaking women will main event wrestlemania and Randy Orton will be on the preshow.

Then they gave them the (first ever women's) Hell in a Cell match and I'm disgusted by it to this day. Then the Rumble MITB, and now basically every specialty match that exists except for an Inferno/Casket match.

I don't mind their involvement and presence as a specialty, just like crusierweights(Heck, talented men like Austin Aries and Neville weren't even featured on PPV main shows) and giving them 10% of time/attention, such as Ronda Rousey.

But all this "women are great, give them main event spots" and infuse the whole SHOW with women's segments BS is killing me.

I may get a lot of flak and be shamed and labelled as "misogynistic" or "primitive caveman" or "regressive sexist" and shit but I completely agree with you, Blindmelon.

Sure one can always skip the women's segments but the fact is-the entire product has been infused with stupid women's segments, WWE/Vince/HHH's agenda of "women's revolution" and catering to the mainstream narrative(obviously because they're hypocrites and only care about MONAAAYYYYY), same as their "be a star" anti-bullying thing.

First it was giving these women's matches mainevent segments, opening segments and so on so OFTEN that it became ridiculous, back in 2016.

Not only did they feature 3 women's segments(and one of them featured Rusev and Andrade cien almas playing the subservient role, mind you), barring backstage interviews, Charlotte vs fucking carmella was the mainevent.

So you're telling me these women are better than Jeff Hardy, Randy Orton and Shinsuke Nakamura, with the latter two being must-see psychotic, twisted heels after a year of doldrums being involved in Shane McMahon's crap, and shouldn't end the show?

A time will come when freaking women will main event wrestlemania and Randy Orton will be on the preshow.

Then they gave them the (first ever women's) Hell in a Cell match and I'm disgusted by it to this day. Then the Rumble MITB, and now basically every specialty match that exists except for an Inferno/Casket match.

I don't mind their involvement and presence as a specialty, just like crusierweights(Heck, talented men like Austin Aries and Neville weren't even featured on PPV main shows) and giving them 10% of time/attention, such as Ronda Rousey.

But all this "women are great, give them main event spots" and infuse the whole SHOW with women's segments BS is killing me.

Personally, I don't mind that when they give them the same opportunities as the guys, if it makes senses. Like last night, I'm like you, I would have switch the hardy/Orton segment with the Charlotte vs Carmella match.

But now that they have Ronda rousey on the roster, I don't think this trend will stop anytime soon. In fact, don't be surprise if Ronda rousey vs Alicia fox is the main event of raw next week.

I wouldn't be surprise if rousey vs Charlotte main event wrestlemania next year which in my mind wouldn't make sense outside of the marketing they could do with this. It's pretty much the only first they haven't done yet so it seem so that's pretty much the next step to make sure the the would women's revolution marketing campaign is complete.

I WILL call you a mysognistic, because you seem to want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I think women deserve their own storylines, and feuds- if they deserve it and they can sell, just like the men.

So, did you hate how RAW ended one night years ago with a match between Trish and Lita? There was no "Women's Revolution" then, yet they still main-evented.

Did you see that TNA one night ended their show with Gail Kim v Taryn Terrell in a "Last-Woman-Standing" Match? It was considered by many as "Match Of The Year", and I don't think all the people who said that said it to be "politically correct".

Maybe WWE is pushing a female agenda. But the question is, are some of the divas DESERVING of their spot or not? If they are, and produce it in the ring, then why should they be held back?

It is like people who hate movies having a female as a hero. I say, why not, it brings a different dynamic.

It shouldn't be done to push an agenda. It should be done to men and women who SELL and DELIVER.

I suppose you don't like Japanese wrestling companies using women wrestlers for years, and putting them in Exploding Barbed Wire matches either.

I would rather see a Charlotte v Sasha Banks Hell-In-A-Cell Match than them being reduced to Bra-&-Panties Matches, or Playboy shoots, or barking like a dog. But then, I suppose you think that B & P is where they belong, and all they are good for, or do you not want to see any women at all in wrestling?

Personally, I don't mind that when they give them the same opportunities as the guys, if it makes senses. Like last night, I'm like you, I would have switch the hardy/Orton segment with the Charlotte vs Carmella match.

But now that they have Ronda rousey on the roster, I don't think this trend will stop anytime soon. In fact, don't be surprise if Ronda rousey vs Alicia fox is the main event of raw next week.

I wouldn't be surprise if rousey vs Charlotte main event wrestlemania next year which in my mind wouldn't make sense outside of the marketing they could do with this. It's pretty much the only first they haven't done yet so it seem so that's pretty much the next step to make sure the the would women's revolution marketing campaign is complete.

I think Rousey's match will be last on RAW next week, but not because she is a woman.

If it was Brock coming to WWE for the first time, and he had never wrestled on RAW before, and he was a mainstream star, they would do the same thing, as it builds anticipation, and they can promote it throughout the show, keeping viewers until the end.

They will do this to Ronda because she is a mainstream attraction outside of wrestling, and it is her first match on RAW, so that will sell tickets. It is her "name", her "brand" and the anticipation that will have it main event next week, not the fact that she is a woman.

But if there were no women in this world, then you would have to climb out of the basement and wash your own clothes, instead of having your mum do it for you.

The girls are killing me! Been watching forever and all of the girl segments/matches have really made raw and Smackdown unwatchable. I can’t believe I don’t see more complaints about this. I don’t mind once in a while, but jeez, every other segment is devoted to them

It's silly from the fact that they still have three PPVs (Summerslam, HIAC and Super Showdown) that have both men's and women's matches, and need promoting, and yet, it seems like they are spending time building up a PPV which is four months away (WWE Evolution).

I wouldn't mind all the women's matches and promos leading up to Evolution, but until then, give equal time to promoting all the matches at "Summerslam".

Except that we have seen Hardy v Orton end SD Live the last couple of weeks.

Better to have something else in that spot once in a while, rather than SD ending with Orton beating down Hardy again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back