General WWE Complaining & PG Rating Thread

First identify when you began watching / Rate your enthusiasm with today's product

• I began watching in Hogan Era. I am Very Satisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Hogan Era. I am neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Hogan Era. I am very Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in New Generation Era. I am Very Satisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in New Generation Era. I am neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in New Generation Era. I am very Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Attitude Era. I am Very Satisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Attitude Era. I am neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Attitude Era. I am very Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Post-Attitude Era. I am Very Satisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Post-Attitude Era. I am neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in Post-Attitude Era. I am very Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in PG Era. I am Very Satisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in PG Era. I am neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied with PG Era.

• I began watching in PG Era. I am very Dissatisfied with PG Era.

Results are only viewable after voting.
im just gna say this once. the pg rating is to hook little kids in so they will watch forever. wrestling is a cycle. in the 70s and 80s we had the pg stuff then we had the tv-14 stuff in the late 90s. how many of us watched hogan and savage and was hooked and still watch it today? so therefore the pg rating is doing its job. and personally i dont mind it. i just dont understand why they would do a hell in a cell ppv and no blood? whats the point of having these barbaric matches and not being able to show how barbaric it can be? its like the ladder match with shelton and christian, they stoppd the match cuz christian was bleeding. but other than that i like everything the wwe has done so far.

there are still incredible stoy lines being produced. You've got to take the good with the bad.
HAHAHAHAHA. Ok, WTF? there is NEVER a storyline in WWE. You get a bunch of generic bullshit matches thrown together EVERY week. MVP's last feud was with Jack Swagger, the ONLY bit of storyline to that was the whole prison thing. Off the top of my head thats the ONLY time since Wrestlemania last year that MVPS been in a storyline. Evan bourne hasn't even been in a storyline, yet hes shown in mediocre matches every week. Its a cycle. Only the main eventers get a storyline, and even then its rare to see. Most of the time its just a generic "YOU GOT TITLE, I WANT TITLE" feud.

The foul language and overly sex charged stuff doesn't need to have it's place in wrestling.

It may not have a place in "Wrestling" but it should have a place in WWE. If your going to force us down horrible promos, Mediocre matches that barely, if not rarely reach 5 minutes long, then you need the bad ass attitudes and sex appeal to keep it entertaining.

So just grow a pair and realize the buisness is alot bigger than you.

No, sir. The business IS us. Without us there would be no WWE. If we pay to watch TV, and pay to see it, then hell we pay to bitch about it! quit forcing your opnions on others.

MC neon you are bugging my man.. yes i totally understand as a business why they are going with the "pg era" after beniot and how it can get Linda Mcmahon elected to office and how it appeals to kids , but im 26 years old been a fan literally my whole life, my family watched it and i followed. In the 80's durring the hogan era they weren't this soft.. go back to any wrestlemania 1-6 and look how many kids were in the crowd. half as much as today at most , and look where the wwf grew from there . Im sure I will watch wwf ( yea i still call it wwf ) till the day i die no matter how bad the product gets because i will always love it .. For you to say these promos aren't "lame" now your crazy .. check out a dx promo from now then go back to 97/98 tell me which is better .. check out a cena promo now and tell me a rock or stone cold aint better , or even dare I say hogan .

and as far as " incredible stoy lines being produced" what?? the only time we get story lines in the last few years is btwn royal rumble and wrestlemania .. the rest of the year is just shit thrown together for the most part, a little something builds up around summerslam then dead till the next rumble...

how long have you been watching wrestling?

Hi, I have just started watching wrestling again after a few years (due to the poor product) and to be honest, I can't really understand your argument. You say that there are 'incredible storylines being produced'. Well please, show me evidence of these storylines, as just as others have said, I really dont believe that there is any comparison between the rubbish of today and the storylines and promos of the 90's. I remember when the WWE used to write a storyline for every single match on a PPV. Which meant the shows leading up to it would keep you gripped as you wanted to see what happened next. Now, we have guest hosts on Raw making stupid matches on the spur of the moment, and no real storylines other than the old 'I want your title, give me a match'. Also, we have shows which are full of rubbish and no wrestling. I seriously think you need to check out some more WWF Attitude era videos.

Everyone makes good points except from one thing I heard from someone. They said that when little kids watch WWE they get hooked forever. I know people that used to watch wrestling and have stopped because it was 'too boring'. IMO the Attitude Era was better. Not everything has to be about sex, but seeing the wrestlers nowadays they dont seem passionate. What kind of full grown man gets into a heated rivalry and doesnt say one swear word. Swearing is practically built into our vocabulary, dont you reckon that they'll swear at leats once. Its hard to believe that in a rivalries such as Edge vs John Cena you keep hearing the words 'jerk' or scumbag'. PG doesnt allow wrestlers to fully express themselves and thats why people complain about the bad promos. And yes the rivalries are crap, I mean how did R-Truth and John Morrison suddenly become a tag team? Why were the Hart Dynasty fueding with Cryme Tyme for months without a story. Wrestling is still good but I do think the PG - 14 rating was better.

fair enuff wwe doesnt have to be blood curdling violence and full of swearing but it does help it to be a lot more beleiveble and fun to watch . the pg rating isnt really the issue anyway as it has being pg in the past and still delivered the goods its the fact that it has been toned down to the point were only a 5 year old would say wow i really enjoyed watching wwe today.they cant even say ass for instance they say ass on the simpsons all the time and that is also pg

the idea to turn wwe into a kiddys show in my opinion is the reason for charecters like hornswoggle having so much air time on raw,dx turning into a couple of merchendise salesman ,john cena with his hulk hogan like charecter,less intense promos due to the lack of words like god damm and ass as i believe these can really make you believe two people hate each other with lines like the old favourite il kick your ass making a big difference

on the other hand if wwe wants to go all out kiddy show i dont like it but fair enuff but why have jerry springer as guest host an have extreme rules and hell in the cell ppvs when they know there going to be putting on a half arsed show that wont reach its full potential because of the child freindly policy

i liked the tv-14 better than pg era because tv-14 was more entertaining the wrestlers could express themselfs

for the pg era people like cena say like damn or ass once and while but when wwe shows the promo they censer it ive been to a raw event in richmond when it was tv-14 there were alot of kids there

2 years later i go to raw when its pg just as many kids were there i dont see why wwe can go back to tv-14

pg is so corny when cena trys to be funny it not funny at all

i for one am not happy with the pg rating in wwe, true tht it needed to create a new image but its not as realistic. if some 30 yr old guy is yelling "im gonna kick your butt" its not believable tht he is really angry and therefor i am turned off at the whole idea of the pg rating. tna offers the realizim tht wwe can't offer anymore cuz of the pg rating which i believe will not keep me watching, i can't even sit through raw anymore with out looking at the clock every 10 mins and hoping its over.

hey look at that I've got two new fans. And they both responded exactly the way I knew they would;Like little girls, well actually one repsonded like a redneck. Anyways you both still firmly have your head up your ass. Everybody continues to wonder why people excepted the PG rating in Hogans day, well that's because everything was KAYFABE . It's easier to make things seem more intense when the fans belive that everythings real.And yes, they do produce momorable story lines. If your going to try and put me on the spot about lack of story lines, at the very least do better than use MVP and Evan Bourne as examples. These guys are genric babyfaces. Bourne is just high spots, he does no form of story telling, but hey that works in TNA maybe he could go there. And MVP's got nothing, but oh wait he worked as a heel. EVERBODY WORKS AS A HEEL, IT"S NOT THAT HARD FOR SOMEONE TO GET BOOED. When a wrestler goes to the ring it's their job to get over, not the writers or Vince's.
Yes they are producing just as many memorable story lines now as they ever did. Orton vs Triple was momorable, Jericho vs HBK was memorable , HBK vs taker, mysterio ve jericho, edge vs Cena, Cena vs Orton , I'll take the liberity to defend the Orton/Cena rivalry.

One of the most common complaints is that everybody has feuded with everybody, well no wonder, people complain when a rivalry goes on for a few months.Lengthy rivalries are essential . You can not have your cake and eat it to. If rivaries only go to one PPV before you get bored of it, then it's only a matter of time before everyone has feuded with each other.

Oh yeah, and I'm glad if I'm bugging you, stop watching wrestling if your just gonna complain. If you only liked the attitude era then go watch your DVD's from the 90's while wearing your faded stone cold T-shirts.Your not passionate about wrestling, your passionate about the past, MOVE ON.This is the year 2010, not 1999.

It's easier to make things seem more intense when the fans belive that everythings real.And yes, they do produce momorable story lines.

You said Incredible storylines.

If your going to try and put me on the spot about lack of story lines, at the very least do better than use MVP and Evan Bourne as examples. These guys are genric babyfaces.

Why not? back in the good days everyone got there chance. Perry saturn entered fueds over moppy ffs. And know what? even a storyline about a damn mop added more to a match and made it more entertaining.
Rights to the DX name matches with Billy Gunn. China. Road Dogg and xpac. That little extra non-essential tie to the match makes it a bit more exciting.

Bourne is just high spots, he does no form of story telling, but hey that works in TNA maybe he could go there.

Dude. Your proving my point here. He's not been given the chance to do ANY storytelling because he's NEVER been in a storyline. He's been shoved into generic squashes his entire career in WWE.

And MVP's got nothing, but oh wait he worked as a heel. EVERBODY WORKS AS A HEEL, IT"S NOT THAT HARD FOR SOMEONE TO GET BOOED. When a wrestler goes to the ring it's their job to get over.

Well for one. MVP is over... He's not that great in a babyface role but he is over with the crowd and knows how to get them pumped. To again stress on your ridiculous assesments.. How can it be up to the wrestler to get over when there put in a 2 minute squash? ..and to further this fact..the past
RAW we just saw...every match except the main eventers was 2 minutes long. The only one which wasn't was...BYE GOD!? Randy Ortons match!? the one that had one of the biggest main eventers on RAW in it? my god..

One of the most common complaints is that everybody has feuded with everybody, well no wonder, people complain when a rivalry goes on for a few months.Lengthy rivalries are essential . You can not have your cake and eat it to. If rivaries only go to one PPV before you get bored of it, then it's only a matter of time before everyone has feuded with each other.

This is one thing i can sort of agree with. At least now if there going to have the same main event 3 PPV's in a row it will have a bit of a variety with the abundance of themed ppv's this year.

Oh yeah, and I'm glad if I'm bugging you, stop watching wrestling if your just gonna complain. If you only liked the attitude era then go watch your DVD's from the 90's while wearing your faded stone cold T-shirts.Your not passionate about wrestling, your passionate about the past, MOVE ON.This is the year 2010, not 1999.

Passionate about wrestling? I'm passionate about lost but that doesn't stop me crying like a bitch when they end every season on a cliffhanger. In other words..Passionate and entertainment go hand in hand..WWE aren't passionate about the fans. There passionate about making money off the younger generation and god help me if i find myself a bit disappointed about how Vince runs things down there.

Adios!

You said Incredible storylines

What a little bitch thing to say. Besides, something being memorable is more important than instant payoff .

"Dude. Your proving my point here. He's not been given the chance to do ANY storytelling because he's NEVER been in a storyline. He's been shoved into generic squashes his entire career in WWE."

Beacaue the company knows he's not capable of anything. They know what these guys can do before they sign them.

Well anyways the point of my original statment is that if people love wrestling they will except it for the good and the bad. The WWE doesn't need to feel passionate about their fans, the performers do. And making money should be the company's number one priority

What a little bitch thing to say. Besides, something being memorable is more important than instant payoff .

We don't get anything memorable these days. The last one was Undertaker - HBK. Almost a year ago. Orton/Cena? don't give me that. We have seen it and will see it a million times more.

Beacaue the company knows he's not capable of anything. They know what these guys can do before they sign them.

Ok. Now your full of crap. You think the company new exactly what The Miz would become when first signing him? NO. Only when he was given his chance to shine did he really develop. And would you look at that? He's the best thing on Raw. NXT and even when hes on smackdown too! So stop making pathetic excuses to justisy yourself. There coming across as stupid.

Well anyways the point of my original statment is that if people love wrestling they will except it for the good and the bad. The WWE doesn't need to feel passionate about their fans, the performers do. And making money should be the company's number one priority

Again. They have been making money for plenty of years now. This isn't the only way to go about it. There doing this because there top boy - Cena is Pro-kiddy. When Austin was top boy they were pro-adult. Simple facts.

Ok. Now your full of crap. You think the company new exactly what The Miz would become when first signing him? NO. Only when he was given his chance to shine did he really develop. And would you look at that? He's the best thing on Raw. NXT and even when hes on smackdown too! So stop making pathetic excuses to justisy yourself. There coming across as stupid.

Why so serious.I don't make pathetic excuses, I say things as I see them.To your Miz example, they knew The Miz had charisma, he had it from the very start.And please don't say the Miz is the top guy on anything, Sure he is over, but don't kid yourself, he is miles away from being a world champion and competing at an elite level. Your opions and preferences do not change this fact. Alot of guys get their chance to shine and they don't amount to anything. And yes, before you start whining more, not everyone gets their chance; there is a reason pro-wrestling is considered a difficult buisness.

To answer one of you earlier statments where you mentioned that Orton got more T.V. time then anyone else, he's a top draw, people tune in and pay money to see the main eventers.It's that simple.

Guys have more time than just T.V. to get over, everytime these guys appear in front of a crowd they have a shot at making something of them selves. And the aformentioned story telling I said was about how these guys perform in a ring. Not just story lines, but selling and being more accurate with what they do in the time their given. Anything Bourne does in a match is more concerned about high spots, not adding a feel to a match.If you do not understand what I am talking about then watch wrestling for a few more years and get an idea of how it works,than come back and maybe we will talk.

Why so serious.I don't make pathetic excuses, I say things as I see them.To your Miz example, they knew The Miz had charisma, he had it from the very start.And please don't say the Miz is the top guy on anything, Sure he is over, but don't kid yourself, he is miles away from being a world champion and competing at an elite level. Your opions and preferences do not change this fact. Alot of guys get their chance to shine and they don't amount to anything. And yes, before you start whining more, not everyone gets their chance; there is a reason pro-wrestling is considered a difficult buisness.
While I certainly don't deny that not everyone who has potential will amount to something, I think Miz is closer than a lot other guys to reaching the next level. While he is not putting on five-star matches on a weekly basis, he is the best character out of anyone who hasn't won a world title yet, Christian being the only exception. Mic skills have always been more important in the WWE than wrestling ability, so if Miz continues to up his game I can see him being a main eventer as early as the fourth quarter of 2010. Also remember that people like John Cena and Batista reached the main event and won championships before they reached their full potential as wrestlers. Batista can now easily have great matches with top-tier performers and Cena can have a great match with just about anyone, even a guy like Khali who is extremely boring to watch wrestle otherwise. Neither of those statements were really true back in early 2005, when it became clear that both guys were headed for superstardom. Miz could follow a similar path and end up being one of the biggest names of the 2010's decade. He has the overness part down, and people will buy him as a big time player as he continues to develop and dominate the midcard. And in the WWE, having the people react strongly to you is probably the most important thing.

Last night... the WWE's showing that it's taking the PG thing too far. It really is. Batista gets busted open the hard way... refuses to have the towel to wipe him off and more than likely got his ass chewed backstage for it. Every 'ass' that Austin said was bleeped out. I mean come on... eventually, people will stop watching once they realize the WWE's not going to change this until either Linda McMahon drops out of the Senate race she's in or their ratings are so low, it starts to worry them and begins to actually cause them to lose money.

That's not going to happen. Thanks to idiotic WWE fans who 'wait out' trends and still watch even though they can't stand the product, the WWE keeps steady ratings that satisfy Vince and the USA Network in the United States. That's why I've pretty much decided to stop watching the WWE. I thought Stone Cold would bring back some of the nostalgia that we used to have. Instead, we get watered down Austin who drinks Corona light and tones down his language.

It's not realistic and to be honest, makes the product look stupid. So as far as I'm concerned, I'm done watching the WWE for quite a while. TNA's not very much better, but anything's better than having 'ass' bleeped. Ridiculous.

I started watching wrestling in 1996. Most of my early memories of wrestling are of the Attitude Era. There were some stupid angles and storylines during the Attitude Era. Mark Henry siring a hand with Mae Young was dreadful Jerry Springer levels of bad. The promo's were repetitive. Lot's of swearing, lots of references to testicular fortitude.

I think swearing can have it's place, especially in a heated feud. Used over and over again though actually takes away any of the impact of the swear words and makes for lazy promos. It's possible to cut a great promo without swearing. So that isn't really a big deal.

The main thing that bothers me about the PG era is stuff like Hornswoggle. I don't need swearing or blood or divas acting like ****s. Just don't make the show corny or stupid.

So I was watching the 2005 Royal Rumble on DVD and Tazz said something that really grabbed my attention and made me think. He said something along the lines of,"one of the big reasons why The Royal Rumble is such a big deal is because we get to see Superstars from each brand, Raw and Smackdown, on the same show.

And that made me reflect on how when i was watching the Royal Rumble 2010 on PPV, I couldn't help but think about how unstellar this years rumble was. I mean it was good but not something to really write home about with the exception of Edge's expected return after the whole internet fanbase practically ordering him to.

The reason the 2010 Royal Rumble didn't stand out might have been the heavy number of quick emimination (Zack Ryder, Evan Bourne, JTG, etc.) where half of the guys in the match didn't last for more than 3 minutes before being eliminated. Even with the pure gold promo of CM Punk, i couldn't help but feel how different this years Rumble was and not in a good way.

Then I realized that I see Raw Superstar VS Smackdown Superstar all the friggin time nowadays with the 3 Hour Raws, 10 Man Tags on SmackDown, and of course WWE Superstars, where even though we don't often see Smackdown VS Raw matches, we still see at least 8 guys from both brand on the same show every week. What was the point of the Brand Split if we still get superstars from both brands on the same show in the same hour?

First Thread...

MERGED POST: hmm yeah didnt mean to lean torwards the brand split but thought that was one of the valid points of the thread. What i'm really trying to say is seeing Superstars from both brands was a big treat thus a reason to buy the Rumble.

Hmmm, the funny thing is so few people watch Superstars that you don't even realize that so many of these interpromotional matches are happening. I for one can't say that I have ever watched a full episode and caught one by chance a few weeks ago. Nothing worth writing home about.

Back to the subject at hand, the specialness of the Rumble wore off when 1) the brands were diluted with ECW and began cross channeling on a regular basis and 2) when they stopped using the event to elevate stars to permanent main event status. Mysterio, Batista, Benoit, Lesnar, Austin and HBK all gained ME status through the event, however for the last 4 events, the winners have all been established stars who have already Main Evented WrestleMania. A upper midcard guy shouldn't win every year, but 4 straight years of established guys take some of the aura away from the event.

Reactions: X
Trust me the brands will stay split as WWE has already stated they intend to keep Raw, Smackdown, NXT & Superstars on the channels they are on and will not appear on the WWE Network (MAYBE a re-run, but I dont think so for a few reasons)

However I first assumed too that they'd move those shows to it, but it actually makes more sense to keep the shows where they are as it gains the WWE Network exposure from several other channels even if they couldnt directly promote it the fans or casual viewers could know from checking out something WWE related like wwe.com

So no, the brand split will be in effect as the show Superstars is still gonna be around and is still fresh and creating that and Bragging Rights which is a cool new concept, tells you they dont plan to end it anytime soon which does suck considering they are cutting the roster to save money, but I wouldnt wanna see titles go anyhow.

I love two world titles though sometimes I wish we had one, but then I dont, but I love the Divas Championship, was great to see a championship debut during my lifetime

Anyway the brand split wont happen also because it would stop a bunch of things that we've gotten use to as well and I dont see going away like The Draft, I love the draft and I'm not alone in that.

This year's rumble wasn't the greatest, but it had nothing to do with the two rosters getting mixed up so much. The quick eliminations hurt it, in my opinion, but that's another thread.

I'm not sure what you're complaining about here. You're thread title infers a complaint about the rumble, but you're complaining more about the brand split. If you've been watching WWE for the last few years, you'd notice that during the road the Wrestlemania, the brand split is pretty much non-existent. It's to help build excitement and storylines for 'Mania, since there are usually alot of cross-brand feuds and matches. Other than that, the brands are kept pretty separate, save for the occasional 3-hour show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back