The PG rating not the problem?

This, a thousand times this. I saw the title of this thread and thought, "hang on just a minute..."

WWE has been great the past few months. Sure, 09 wasn't a golden year, though Smackdown was IMMENSE through the summer. But it was decent, watchable - there were hardly any PPVs were I thought, "well that was crap."

But since the start of the year, it's been great, and since the night after the Chamber, I can't miss a show, I really can't. Every week I look forwards to Raw, NXT and Smackdown, can't remember the last time I didn't see one of them.

If it was doing a 1 rating then yeah, talk about a problem. Otherwise, um, really? REALLY?

im glad youve been enjoying it but judging by the amount of wwe complaining threads on this site alone there is a huge group of people who are dissatisfied with what they see on wwe tv including myself so yeah there is a problem and i know wwe is making it blatently obvious that they are aiming at children now but it is still labeled familly entertainment so there is no reason at all why they cant stick with the pg rating boundrys and make it just as entertaining for the adults as it is for the kids

2 suggestions that come to mind: 1 better storylines (obvious) and the 2nd is more fan interaction, especially in matches. It worked in ECW, with Fans bring the weapons matches, and using fans chairs, crutches, beer cups etc. and anytime it happens anywhere else, the fans love it, from independent shows to the WWE.

The problem is not the PG rating so much as the poor scripting as some people have mentioned in more rants than I can count. There is nothing wrong with a children oriented wrestling show, but that doesn't mean it should have awful scripting, poorly played out matches, and a weak overall feel. But what bothers me is that people, in spite of their complaints continue on watching. The more you watch, the less likely things are to change. If people want change, start watching TNA en mass until the WWE takes notice of its ratings going downhill as TNA's rise up. Then maybe they will change something. The times have changed, and while people have grown up, the WWE can't seemingly keep up with the times, and is working backwards. This is why people have turned away from wrestling and to things like UFC and general MMA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back