The True Meaning of 'TVPG'

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegreekhero

Pre-Show Stalwart
So ever since the WWE became a PG rated, EVERYONE has been angry. I'm sure alot of fans stopped tuning in because of all the crap that they do now. But what does TV PG really mean?

TV PG means that content may be unsuitable for younger children without Parent Guidance (PG.) PG does not mean THIS SHOW IS FOR KIDS. So why does WWE treat it that way, and if they want it Family Friendly, why do they have it at TV PG?

I know when I was little, I LOVED watching SmackDown. I would wait up Thursday nights just to see it. It had blood, it had bikini contests, it had "suggestive dialogue." SmackDown was ALWAYS PG. If you go on YouTube and look up some SmackDown matches or clips from 2001, you'll see that the show is rated TV PG. But that's not what the problem is. The problem is, why does the "PG Era" always has to be about "kiddie" or "John Cena" based comments.

Your thoughts?

(For the info, this my first thread.)

TV PG means that content may be unsuitable for younger children without Parent Guidance (PG.) PG does not mean THIS SHOW IS FOR KIDS. So why does WWE treat it that way, and if they want it Family Friendly, why do they have it at TV PG?

I certainly don't know what you're watching, but the WWE has not and has never been geared toward children, despite their child-friendly initiative. Something that people need to understand is that this is a show where grown men solve their problems through violence, and violence only. Because of that, wrestling will always be inherently not-kid-friendly.

I certainly don't know what you're watching, but the WWE has not and has never been geared toward children, despite their child-friendly initiative. Something that people need to understand is that this is a show where grown men solve their problems through violence, and violence only. Because of that, wrestling will always be inherently not-kid-friendly.

You say the WWE hasn't been geared toward children, but I disagree.
I could speak more in depth on this if I wasn't feeling lazy right now... but I am. So, let me just give you the following examples:
Hornswaggle segments, dance-offs, a little bit of other childish shit.. tell me it's not geared towards children.

You say the WWE hasn't been geared toward children, but I disagree.
I could speak more in depth on this if I wasn't feeling lazy right now... but I am. So, let me just give you the following examples:
Hornswaggle segments, dance-offs, a little bit of other childish shit.. tell me it's not geared towards children.

But what's inherently childish about Hornswoggle or dance-offs? From what I understand, these segments appear in the show because Vince, and Vince only, thinks they're funny. There are plenty of comedy movies that feature dancing and silly-comedy (Pineapple Express, the Hangover) -- that doesn't mean these movies are geared toward children.

Plus, these segments add nothing to the overall tone of the show. Hornswoggle and Khali coming out and doing a kiss cam while dancing all over the ring doesn't make the Nexus coming out and basically murdering everybody at ringside geared toward children.

I dont blame PG rating for the crappy programing wwe has recently showed...Ok I really miss chair headshots, but you dont need blood, middle fingers or bikinis (all great, but not essencial to make a good show)

I blame the crappy content to the same people that screwed The Simpsons... the flippin writers!!!!! Dont know why they think putting morrison and ziggler in a crappy wrestlemania match with flippin Snooky is a good idea!!!!!!! Once more CRAPPY!!!

P.D. PG rated coment

TVPG means more money. When wrestling is kid-friendly then all these kids watch it, love SuperCena and Mysterio, and get their parents to buy a bunch of WWE merchandise. Vince wants WWE to be for as many people as he can, so he can make money off of as many people as he can.

Also, what's wrong with having no swearing on the show? I thought that people wanted to watch wrestling to see wrestling, and to see not two guys yelling at each other with a few "bad words" mixed in. Wrestling will be good if there are quality matches between quality athletes.

I dont blame PG rating for the crappy programing wwe has recently showed...Ok I really miss chair headshots, but you dont need blood, middle fingers or bikinis (all great, but not essencial to make a good show)

I like it better when wrestlers don't get concussions, or severe head trauma from a chair head shot.

But you don't need TV-14 for compelling story lines or matches. It's just that they don't bleed or say shit all the time.

Guys, the PG topic has been talked about to death. There is nothing new ever added to the conversation. We don't need another thread about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back