How do some of these Guest Hosts vibe with a PG WWE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbootydaddyV

arrogant bastard
ok i know there is a thread that debates the guests host idea quite in depth, but what i want to discuss here is if there is a disconnect between this idea and WWE going PG...the hosts they have had have mostly been opposite of what you would expect from a PG show. You had Ari promoting an R rated movie, many hosts pushing their benefits (which kids can't do much about anyways), you have Tyson who is not exactly kid-friendly, you have the older stars the kiddies would never get, and you have jerry springer now? I mean come on, if they are trying to be PG why are they getting hosts pushing adult topics. WWE has got to get on the same page or find a better way to appease everyone. I for one LOVE some of the hosts they've had, but not what they've done on the show. Also, I think they are so out of tune for a PG product. What are your thoughts?

The kiddies will watch simply because of the guys they wanna see whether it be Cena or Kofi or whoever. I think the guest host thing is to get the adults and older crowd to watch. Can you honestly tell me they thought the kids would get a kick out of seeing Bob Barker? That was obviously for the older crowd.

i think some of this is misconception of what the "pg wwe" really is. it's not that the wwe is looking to market to just the 8 years and younger crowd. they are trying to be family friendly, which obviously includes parents, who in most cases are adults. they are trying to appeal to the whole family. if they don't appeal at all to an adult demographic then these parents are going to have no desire to watch with their kids, or more importantly take them to a show. so while they have made the shows more "kid-friendly" there is still a realization that there has to be some appeal to the adult demographic, both for the parents of this new generation of fans as well as the adults who watched through the attitude era and are still sticking with them.

the other aspect of the guest host gimmick to remember is that not only has vince changed gears towards making the shows more family-friendly, but he was also trying to attain more main stream attention for the company. so while piven and dr ken promoting the goods may not completely mesh with who they are marketing towards these days, vince knows that having them on and actively involved is a way to get wwe mentions on shows like access hollywood and others like that. this is a way to maybe get people to tune in who might not otherwise watch raw. so it really is a two-pronged plan to increase viewership: toning down the shows to attract more families and trying to attract fans through main stream attention with the gm gimmick.

i think some of this is misconception of what the "pg wwe" really is. it's not that the wwe is looking to market to just the 8 years and younger crowd. they are trying to be family friendly, which obviously includes parents, who in most cases are adults. they are trying to appeal to the whole family. if they don't appeal at all to an adult demographic then these parents are going to have no desire to watch with their kids, or more importantly take them to a show. so while they have made the shows more "kid-friendly" there is still a realization that there has to be some appeal to the adult demographic, both for the parents of this new generation of fans as well as the adults who watched through the attitude era and are still sticking with them.

the other aspect of the guest host gimmick to remember is that not only has vince changed gears towards making the shows more family-friendly, but he was also trying to attain more main stream attention for the company. so while piven and dr ken promoting the goods may not completely mesh with who they are marketing towards these days, vince knows that having them on and actively involved is a way to get wwe mentions on shows like access hollywood and others like that. this is a way to maybe get people to tune in who might not otherwise watch raw. so it really is a two-pronged plan to increase viewership: toning down the shows to attract more families and trying to attract fans through main stream attention with the gm gimmick.

you are right that is what they are trying to do but they are putting the kiddie stuff in the wrong areas and the adult stuff in the wrong areas, they should have their childish campy comedy stuff be left for the mid card, a good blend of adult oriented and child oriented guest stars, anybody and everybody allowed almost, and the top stars be serious, and the matches shouldnt be comedy acts, at least not regularly. look at the main event the past 2 weeks, last week we had mike tyson who has never been a wrestler and hasnt boxed a match in years, and this week we get John Heder on one side and Hornswoggle on the other, and how did it end? hornswoggle pinning john heder.

I wouldn't know how good tonights was because I refuse to help anything involving Jon Heder. I hate that goofy horse face fuck with a passion. It was the first time in a long time I have actually turned RAW off completley. I think they just need to drop this crap and go back to having a gm.

Just like I said TNA has no clue what they are doing, neither does WWE. I have not a SINGLE clue what the fuck those idiots are doing up there.

Shaq I could understand. Tyson, MAYBE because he was involved with WWE before.

But Bob Barker? What the fuck can he POSSIBLY add to WWE television? Except make Jericho look worthless.

The two asscar drivers? This isn't memphis in 1980's. The hot blonde from some tv show, I can't even remember her. She was hot though. Smoking.

I honestly can't remember more than maybe 6 or 7 hosts.

And tonight, Heder was fucking horrible. Vince might need to be evaluated, cause if he thinks Heder is entertainment, jesus christ he has lost it

I just cant get the fact that those ******s from Psych are gonna host it now.an HEder or w.e his name is was like so bad and the fake "I make bad jokes laugh with me here pls" gimmick was horrible.But to answer your question, well, some do some don't,but who knows what vince is thinking.Problem is when there are guest hosts that are suppose to be bad or sth usually the ones that are ex-wwe superstars or people like mike tyson etc..are feeded stupid lines that makes their nasty and badass character look like a complete fool.

Im excluding Jessy ventura from the list cause he was just too goddamn awesome as a GH.

This thing with the guest host will wear of soon as WWE stated in some article.I think with a stable GM more storylines could occur cause they would get involved and not only for one night like these idiots do ( especially the ones that have NOTHING to do with the WWE whatsoever ).When a permanent GM will be put on raw or sth it will save the show because they are waisting so much time with these Guest hosts and the bellas and alot of backstage babbling that no one cares about.If it werent for THE MIZ ( who btw is awesome " didnt u know?" ) the show wouldve been a total disaster.

I still am a bit curious why did Verne Troyer host or w/e his name is, because besides the so obvious joke "ye big show stands near me im a midget hes a giant get it ? it looks funny cmon LAUGH" he got no reaction from the fans only when he said he was better with the ladies or ******ed jokes like that which the fans reacted cause he was speaking with The miz ( dunno for sure kinda forgot if it was him he was talking too ).

Vince gives us Stone cold as guest host but until that he only puts ******s ( mainly ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back