If it works, who would you like as future W.M. Guest Hosts?

CelticCorey

Getting Noticed By Management
We have no idea how the Rock will play out as guest host; but he's definitely doing a damn good job of being a big part of Wrestlemania as the IWC and all of the wrestling community in general is going wild over the Rock vs. Cena drama. Most of the guest hosts on RAW sucked ass; but some of them were pretty good. So if there are more Wrestlemania guest hosts, who would you like to see? Here is what I have. I am only going to list off guys who didn't host RAW:

Wrestlemania 28- Macho Man Randy Savage- For some reason Vince has a grudge against this guy and I don't know why. I heard something that he harrassed Steph or something? I don't know. If it's true then what he did was wrong; but Vince made amends with Bret Hart and who thought we would ever see the Rock back in the WWE? There was always buzz but it never happened until this year. The Macho Man was the one guy besides the Rock who could guest host this year and I wouldn't be disappointed at the announcement. This was the biggest name in the Hulkamania Era after Hogan himself and it would've been so much cooler if he was the face instead of Hogan. Please put him in the H.O.F. soon. Maybe with Macho Man action figures and him appearing in WWE All Stars is the start.

Wrestlemania 29- Ultimate Warrior- Even though mic skills get you further, I do prefer ring skills over mic skills. There aren't too many people I could get behind who were good at promos but not good in the ring. Warrior was one of those people. Lousy in the ring, yes he was. But he was just so unique and there never was anyone like him. He was so energetic and truly one of a kind. But he doesn't kiss Vince's ass. I know he played his games in the 90s and all; but I honestly think his life is on track now. Most people don't want to see him in the H.O.F.; but I for one, do.

Wrestlemania 30- Shawn Michaels- It only makes sense. Mr. Wrestlemania has done everything at Wrestlemania except for two things: #1 Break the streak and #2 Host it. All of the memories he gave us. The icon. The showstopper. Perhaps the greatest ever. Wrestlemania 30 is gonna be a special show and you need a special someone to host it.

Wrestlemania 31- Ricky Steamboat- Huge Ricky Steamboat fan. Definitely delighted that he was a legend in SVR 11. Some say that the match of Steamboat/Savage is overrated; but it is deserving of all the accolades it gets IMO. Shame he never became WWE Champion. He could still go in the ring. If Lawler could challenge for the WWE title, I see no reason why Steamboat can't. Lawler is still competent in the ring for his age and the same could be said for Steamboat.

Wrestlemania 32- The Iron Sheik- Ok, so he's not as big of a name as the others; but this is mostly a personal choice. His shoot interveiws are absolutely hilarious and I realize it's PG but how funny would it be if Sheiky Baby hosted WM? Maybe have him be more of a Rock type host where he is Edgy but keeps it PG.

So those are some future WM hosts I would like to see. If it works, who would you like as future guest hosts?

Sheiky Baby will be long dead by then... if he isn't I doubt he'd be in a fit state to host Wrestlemania...

The idea itself isn't bad, but there is no way it'll always be wrestlers... whichever actor/musician/reality star de jour will also be a candidate...

If it was wrestlers... I'd like to see:-

Austin... Savage... Bret Hart... Ric Flair (yes one day...)

I actually think it would be cool if the Guest Host actually "curated" Wrestlemania, as in booked some or all of the matches... It'd be an interesting slant on the annual Road To Wrestlemania which is getting a little well trodden...

One of the reasons The Rock was selected to be guest host is because, in addition to being a fantastic promo, he's a draw. Even non-wrestling fans know who he is and could get casual fans to buy the PPV. Lapsed wrestling fans could be sold on shelling out because one of their heroes is returning.

One of the problems that WWE had with guest hosts on RAW was that the celebrities usually didn't add anything to the show and often, their segments were the dumbest/worst part of the show. For every home run like Bob Barker or Trish Stratus, there were countless strikeouts.

A WrestleMania guest host doesn't necessarily have to be a wrestler. It has to be a big-name celebrity and it has to be someone who could positively contribute to the overall show. There are not many people who can fit that bill.

Of the ones mentioned, Iron Sheik and Ricky Steamboat aren't mainstream enough celebrities. With the friction between Ultimate Warrior and WWE, I can't see them coming to an agreement. On the other hand, Savage and Michaels would be excellent choices.

Honestly, I don't see it ever happening again. The Rock is such an iconic name that he will attract viewers to wrestlemania. That is the soul reason they are doing it. This years wrestlemania card is weak and the rock is helping it enourmously. IFFF it were to ever happen again, it would have to be someone like Ric Flair or Hulk Hogan returning to the WWE

In a way WWE has been doing the '' guest host '' for Mania for 27 years but they never called it ''guest hosts'' guest ring announcers and guest time keepers or a guest ref IE Muhammad Ali WrestleMania so its the same thing but they are calling it '' guest host.''

I personally think the host should depend on the state WM is in. For example if Wrestlemania goes to texas, have SCSA or Micheals host it. If its in Michign(sp?) have some celebrity like Eminem host it. I think the crowd reaction and buy rates will be much better if someone from that particular state hosts Wrestlemania. Of course they should be involved with a major storyline heading into mania like the rock is doing, or have some control about how mania is going to go. Now this doesn't require them to actually do a match, but have a war of words like the Rock/Cena feud going on now. I do think,however, think the Wrestlemania guest host idea is pure genius. It helps mania feel more unquie and special.

Just my Ten Cents(My two cents are free.)

I would love to see HBK host WM, that would be awesome, and once Trips is gone the only reason I can think of that I would pay the money to see it. However CelticCory I am confused as to when you said Ultimate Warrior was good on the mic, seriously he was a garbled mess to be fair back when I was 12 I though he was speaking the gospel but kids these days would think what is this wacked out druggie on? I was actually thinking that with the Rocks promo this past week on RAW, he is too over the top for wrestling today, he seemed a bit of a dork really....week one great, Cenas retort good, Rocks reply a little 1990's really.

And onto Macho Man he cant be understood, seriously cant understand a word he is saying....and he apparently had underage sex with Steph, as a parent that would not be something I would forgive...just saying

Ok, I understand with the whole PG thing. It was wrong with what Macho Man did and all; but it's in the past. What he did was wrong and I don't condone it. But you cannot deny it would be good for business. And if you said he APPARENTLY had underage sex with Steph, you say that as if you aren't at 100%. So you don't know. Also, maybe you can't understand what he said but I can. I can understand what he said. He must be on better terms with Vince because he was rated #14 on the greatest superstars list, he is in the WWE All Stars game and has his own action figures from WWE from the classic superstars to Mattel. So they're still making stuff of the guy. But you would love to see HBK host Wrestlemania, even though he was no saint back in the 90s or look at Stone Cold, the wife beater. I understand your concern but I can't see it hurting business and how many actually know about the incident?

As far as Warrior is concerned, Warrior cut a lot of entertaining promos. I loved his promo at WM 6 and I enjoyed other promos he cut as IC Champion. If he does host, we'll likely get Jim Hellwig (Yes I know it's Warrior due to copyright issues) instead of the character himself; but I still am a huge fan of the guy.

I'm not saying he DID have sex with Steph, I am saying rumour has it, hell I wasn't there mate I don't know. What I am saying is IF he did Vince isn't going to have him back, do you think Steph would want him there? IF he did have sex with her he is a paedo and should be in jail not hosting WM. And I am glad you understand him, just saying I cant....

I personally agree with one of the Posters mentioned above. The Only reason the Rock is hosting WM is because vince saw what the early ticket sales where and said..."Shit get me the Rock no one wants to see Cena Vs Miz" I mean why else is the Miz being treated like a third wheel in all of this. He wants to boost his PPV buys and tickets sales. That is the only reason Austin is coming on Raw tonight and hopefully he is not going to give Santino another stunner for the 90th time, personally I wouldn't mind if he came out and said he was going to be in kings corner and stunned cole.

Back on topic if it does continue it will be some mainstream celebrity or a very,very iconic wrestler.

1. it better not be Justin beiber, but someone like Stallone would be ok he helped Hogan and has done alot with wrestling and he would do something in the ring. We need people who are willing to do something in the ring and are big names. Not Justin gay Beiber that is what TNA is doing with the Jersey Shore crap..it doesn't work.

2. Brock Lesnar would be ok it hypes UFC and WWE where he was and is employed.

3. Savage. No evidence to the Steph thing just he is an ass just like Vince hence to asses don't work to well

4. Michaels---give it 5 years to have him host it though with very, very very very few appearances between now and then and he will have the impact Rock is having.

5. Bruno Samartino---I would just love to see him there and Vince put him in the HOF anyways. I know vince wants to but Bruno don't.

thats it for now.

LADY GAGA

I know you will laugh your ass off, but for the 2nd/3rd most powerful woman on the planet, as massive as she is, put her as a host, imagine the crazy promos she would have i think they could even eclipse promos the likes of the undertaker in there mistake, possibly even push a new crazy/mystique character with the same morals as the undertaker, and create someone that could suspend the fans belief!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back