• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would you like to see HBK as the Raw GM?

danny_the_legend_killer

Occasional Pre-Show
lets say that if he does not beat the undertaker at wrestlemania takes time off for a few months then once they drop the guest host gimmick once it gets boring have vince announce that in a few weeks he will make an huge announcement which leaves everyone debating what it is then on raw after 2-3 weeks vince says from now on there will be no more guest hosts and from now on your new general manager of Monday night raw the one and only heart break kid shawn micheals to which he would get a huge ovation, and give him fair amounts of tv time and make it look like he is in charge, and maybe over time a possible heel turn where he just user his power to make who he wants win match and championships and they could just keep playing around with it.

now i am going to ask you would you like to see the end of the guest hosts and have old hbk as raw general manager if yes give reasons and if no give reasons

This would be a best case scenario in my opinion. You keep him on TV however HBK will only work 5 days a month, hell maybe even less if they film some stuff a week or so in advance. This will allow him to rest up for a few months. Then when he is ready to return he can use his power to veto the retirement stipulation at Wrestlemania. Unfortunately this idea is to perfect for the WWE.

If he retires, he needs to stay off TV for a while if he wants to avoid the "One more match" chants. If you see him standing across from Kofi or Miz and he's the GM, it sort of dwarfs those guys. When Austin was GM, he was stunning everybody and beating everybody up... making a "suit" look tougher than any wrestler. I think with HBK, it would be the same. You just know he's better even in retirement and by such a huge margin that it's not fair to the audience. It'd be like drinking RC Cola out of a mug that says "Coke" on it. It might taste okay, but you've got a reminder of something better right there in your face too.

Well if HBK does lose to the undertaker at wrestlemania or he just flat out retires then this will be great. I love HBK just to see him every week would make me happy. Even if he turned heel and used his power against poeple I wouldn't boo him or anything because some people even if they turn heel you just can't boo.

But to answer your question I would much rather see HBK has the GM than a celebrity guest host.

I like the idea of HBK becoming the permanent GM of Raw, but I would like to see if the guest-host concept can still go on after WrestleMania. At least Raw will have a stable authority figure which it's lacking due to the whole guest host concept. However, my only concern is that they've already done something like this with HBK roughly 11 years ago when The Corporation stable made him the commissioner of the WWE, and that he was a heel when he was the commissioner. Then again, it would be great if HBK became a heel GM to contrast Teddy Long who is a face GM.

The idea is cool, but so many other reports said he is taking time off until Summerslam when he will return to the ring. Unless he becomes GM and re-instates himself to wrestle I don't see how that could function with him wrestling and being GM. Also, he already was commissioner when he retired from the back issue.

No. I'm sick of bringing people back who are supposed to be retired. This would be a brilliant end to HBK's career, as it would have been for Flair's career. A career-ender should be a big deal, not something that someone is going to come back from in 3 weeks. Once he's gone, he's gone, and people should remember him fondly - they should keep him in their thoughts.

Plus, we all know the WWE are absolutely shit at bringing people back for nostalgia. It never works.

As I recall HBK has been the Commissioner before so this wouldn't be much different in my eyes. If he plans to "retire" then this really should be it for him and no longer in the ring. Now if they want to make him the GM then he doesn't wrestle anymore. Whenever he comes back because I do believe he will lose, something needs to change otherwise this whole ending of the career was for nothing. Flair lost and that was the end and something similar needs to be like that for HBK. Personally I would have loved for Flair to come back as the GM, but he is in TNA. The guest host needs to end and I would say sometime this summer before Summer Slam would be perfect. If it is HBK as the new GM they need to make it fresh somehow.

guest hosts are tbh, shit. ok, they show their faces and get a pop as known US celebs but here in the UK we have pretty much bugger all of a clue as to who most of them are! also, they dont have much of a clue who anybody is and just serve to give santino a chance to be goofy, chavo a chance to be wasted and the bella twins a chance to be arm candy... POINTLESS! the guest host idea needs to go. HBK as raw GM would be pretty awesome, so over with the fans, obviously going to need time off after WM26 and cant take the schedule that the younger guys take. HBK could get involved much as Vince does (/did a few years back) superkick the newly crowned champs, sit in the corner of his preferred choice, turn heel and screw everyone over, there is so much potential but as "mooseman" said, maybe this idea is just too perfect for the big 'E'.

HBK was commissioner back in the attitude era, he got attacked by DX, and The Corporation and did everything he could to look like he pissed off Vince and then he went off TV for about 6 years. Honestly while it was interesting to see cause we have seen Gorilla, Foley, Slaughter, Regal, HBK, Austin all in this role its honestly a stale concept now, I mean look at Smackdown they have a GM struggle between Teddy and Vickie and honestly I shrug my shoulders and go this is the crap they are spewing on Smackdown. Atleast when I watch Bischoff and Hogan theres that conflict of interest and you see the conflict between wrestlers.

I honestly think Shawn is better off as a manager then a GM, and better off as a wrestler then anything else. Plus you can only do so much when you put someone in this role and honestly when he tires his welcome in that position like every person who has been in this position does will be wanting to see something fresh and exciting.

I don't think I would too excited to see this. HBK was already commissioner before, and that position is pretty much the same as GM. It really wasn't all that memorable anyway. If HBK does retire, I think he'll stay of TV for a while. He might come back and do some guest appearances or be a special guest referee every now and then, but I don't think he'll been doing anything that requires him to be around on a regular basis once he decides to call it quits. Shawn doesn't even work a regular schedule for WWE, so I find it hard to believe he would do something that requires him to be on Raw every Monday night or almost every Monday.

I have a really big feeling that if and when HBK retires, he won't be returning to the ring. He seems to care a lot about carefully crafting his legacy and he's done a great job of it. He won every belt, then gave the fans everything they wanted to see from him vs. Hogan to a DX return to a Rockers reunion to losing to new guys. He's done a very good job of doing everything just right. I expect a "good bye" title reign when he finally does retire... and I think he'll stay gone too, with the possible chance of a Mania return or two down the road to add some sizzle to any lacking cards. I don't think he's done this year and I think he's going to win, but if he loses, I don't think we'll see another HBK match for a very long time, if ever again. He has the chance to do it right, like Austin did and like Hogan and FLair just can't seem to.

I don't see it happening I think when he retires he will always have a job at WWE, but backstage not on camera. I'm sure he'll make appearances here and there, but not full time.

that would be cool to see hbk as gm of raw. but what if in some strange reason after maina 2 to 3 weeks pass by and vince himself comes out and he says there is going to be a big suprise at this is years draft.

and vince says that this would change the face or raw as the special guest host comes to a end. On the day of the draft on raw vince announce bret as gm of raw on the night of the draft, and as for mania what if hbk does bet the undertaker and the ends his streak.?

I thought of this like a few days ago and yes with the Guest Host concept likely ending soon it seems the best option because I cant see Shawn not being involved at all with WWE if he retires like he was Commissioner during his time out for 4 years, not sure how long he was but he was at one point

I WOULD like this to happen but I think it will not.

As wushady said I think he'll just retired in the ring and help out new young talent backstage.

He may even help the NXT rookies(if they're still around)and help build storylines,etc

And I remember reading an article noting HBK retiring after his contract end after this year's Wrestlemania.

It would be nice to Shawn have that role again, but it would also get boring after awhile. I like more of an idea of no GM, or no host. Let Shawn be retired, and he can do backstage stuff. We will get to hating Shawn as the GM, because he will book a tag team match for a main event, and then we will hear about how Shawn is so plain as a GM. I think a new approach for authority on Raw is a better idea.

Why not?

Personally I would love for this to happen, because I can't stand the guest host concept... I'm sick and tired of celebrities that 'host' Raw, but they don't know a damn thing about the business. With the exception to the WWE Hall of Famers who have hosted, they were the best because they know the product.

It was somewhat entertaining at first, but it's way stale now, IMO. If it would mean getting rid of the guest host crap, then I would be all for HBK as the Raw GM.

Not gonna happen. The whole reason for him retiring in the first place is becuase he wants to spend time at home, playing with his children and banging his hot wife, who has ginormous fake tits. He has expressed as much, repeatedly. Not the second one, at least not as graphically.

Being the RAW GM, he would be on the road just as much if not more than when he was an active wrestler. Use your fuckin brains people.

As much as I'd like for this to happen.... I don't think it will. It would be great if it did since it would mean that the idiotic guest host angle would finally end, and HBK would still be on tv even if he lost to Taker at Wrestlemania this year. This wouldn't be anything new though, it would be similar to back when he was commissioner.... and he would still be traveling to do shows like he does now. If he retires after his match with Taker then it would be to spend more time with his family, like others have said. I doubt HBK will become GM because if he's still going to be doing that much traveling to do shows then he might as well still be wrestling, they can find someone else to be GM.

as great of a job hbk did the last time around as the commish, i would have to say that i do not wanna see hbk as raw gm, i would much rather see him more as a wwe official appearing on either show. i think if u give him a wwe role rather than a brand role than it would be much more entertaining.

No. HBK's weakness has always been his mic work. He's good, but he's not great. I don't think it would go over very well.

I don't want to see anybody be a GM. The GM thing has always been a terrible idea. Name the last GM/commissoner/whatever that's gotten over. Just give us the matches. Have the wrestlers challenge someone to a match, and just book it. And the whole Vince McMahon thing making life hell for someone every year (this year being John Cena) is old and stale too. Vince's Mr. McMahon character has long run it's course. I like Vince a lot better when he's just a normal guy shooting straight.

No. HBK needs to get away from the WWE ring for awhile, he needs to be off TV, TBH I'm already sick of the guy for the most part, if you want to put a retired wrestler in the GM role then get a guy like Dusty Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat, Dibiase, a legend that the fans will love but hasn't grown tired of seeing week after week over the past 6 years, if it were up to me I'd just get a list of 3 or 4 legends that would be willing to do the job, and then have them campaign for it for about a month, then let the fans vote for who they want as GM, and then do this every year so things don't get too stale with the GMs, they should do this with both shows

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back