Would Teddy Long make a good GM on Raw?

Savion83

Pre-Show Stalwart
Smackdown general manager Teddy Long has been the GM of SD in & out for now six years. With the addition that he was the general maneger of the ECW brand for a few months. Teddy Long has always played the face role as a GM on Smackdown & ECW. In late 2003 after the Survivor Series pay per view, Teddy Long was the one-night-only GM of RAW in collecting in on a favor from RAW general manager Eric Bischoff. Back when Teddy Long played a heel manager to Mark Henry & Rodney Mack.

But now that RAW has a "Mystery General Manager", we most likey will never see Teddy Long as a face GM on the RAW brand. Excluding Vickie Guererro, Smackdown has only had two heel general managers in Paul Heyman and Kurt Angle. But Teddy Long will forever be known as the true GM of Smackdown! If Smackdown does have another heel GM? It will most likey be someone like Aberham Washington.

But if sometime in the future if RAW does have a face as it's general manager, would Teddy Long make a good one?

No, Teddy in Bills mind is doing a great job over in SD. Teddy has always been SD, and Bill thinks he gives SD a Pre PG flavour. Teddy has already develpoed chemistry with the SD stars and has had a great fued with raw. Being Raws GM would be hypocritical, as it would diminsh the 2005 fueds value

Smackdown all the way, Like Bill said it would completely diminish the 2005 fueds value.
Him being the general manager on smackdown is awesome and has been awesome for years. He does a good role at what he does on smackdown, and he adds that interesting dynamic to the table. Plus him being a African American GM needless to say is just one of those things that you appreciate. Unless your from the KKK. But him and Smackdown go together like Pea's and Carrots.

Okay did you really need to bring the kkk up? Anyway moving on I agree with both posts before me, Teddy's doing a great job as being the Smackdown GM and he doesn't need to move to Raw but if he did I'm sure he would do a brilliant job there too. Hopefully he doesn't need to move to Raw because he makes Smackdown fun to watch.

Okay did you really need to bring the kkk up? Anyway moving on I agree with both posts before me, Teddy's doing a great job as being the Smackdown GM and he doesn't need to move to Raw but if he did I'm sure he would do a brilliant job there too. Hopefully he doesn't need to move to Raw because he makes Smackdown fun to watch.

Yes, don't you see the joking mentality in that one little line. But another thing
to add, you are right he does add that fun factor to smackdown, first and foremost he has an interesting way of dealing with things, let alone he is a big smackdown fan favourite mainly because he sides with the right people at the right time. When he was HEEL, my god It was just awesome. I believe that was when he managed Rodney Mack. But none the less Teddy is an amazing asset to Smackdown.

I'm not sure if i'm in the minority here (guessing from the above comments, I am), but i can't stand Teddy Long. Absolutely can't stand him. The way he talks and says 'playa'...does anyone really talk like that?! It's just cringeworthy, not to mention his acting...when Undertaker abducted him last year...i didn't know whether to laugh or cry. This isn't a racist comment at all, i just personally can't stand the guy. I think he should get as little exposure as possible, so moving him to Raw would be a bad idea, in my extremely biased opionion.

But putting that aside...there are other reasons i believe Long should stay on Smackdown!. I don't feel like he fits in with the type of show that Raw is, he plays a cool type of characer that suited for Smackdown!. Things on Raw seem to be more intense and i just find it hard to believe that he could be taken seriously by the big names over there. Plus, he has been a constant fixture on Smackdown! for so long, he belongs there...i'm not gonna say Smackdown! needs him, or is better with him, because it's not true, but if Long is to thrive as a character, he has to stay where he is most comfertable and where he has earned his reputation.

This has to be one of the weirdest questions I've seen in a while. If you like him on smackdown, there's no reason to think you wouldn't on raw. And if you don't, then you probably wouldn't like him on raw either. He's a character/persona, and where he is doesn't really change whether you would like him or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back