RAW redo

xXSlater420Xx

Dark Match Winner
Ok pretty simple pick one moment/angle post attitude era that happened on RAW that you feel was the biggest stain on the legacy of the longest running weekly episodic tv show.

Mine would be the entire guest host concept. I felt it was a pointless waste of time and money hat could have been better spent on writers who are actually accustom to the wrestling industry. Sure there were some good moments with a few of the hosts but overall 90% of the hosts had no idea what they were doing there.

So what is your opinion? What would have you changed and why do you feel the way you do?

I gotta agree with the guest host concept. Tottaly detracted from WRESTLING..the reason I watch WWE programming. I know, I know...it's entertainment, but I love the wrestling side so much more! I'm sure the Bellas loved the guest host concept tho! Prolly gonna be future endeavored soon! LMAO

the brian pillman scsa angle when pillman fired a gun at Austin from his house. Just very shocking that they would go there. Vinny Mac should have known better. I think it was a knee jerk reaction to compete with WCW which was kicking the WWEs ass at the time with the NWO just beginning to take off at the time.

well the gun angle was pre attitude not post attitude and i agree the guest host wasnt good but it was worth a try, i think the problem is this tvpg crap cause look how awesome raw was when the rock was going like it was 1999 again

You guys are posting things IN the attitude era lol.

The one angle post attitude era, Vince McMahons limo exploding, that was just... Ugh, I have no idea what they were thinking lol.

I would also like to redo the Guest Host Concept. However, instead of removing it, I would rather change it a bit.

First, I would like the Guest Host to have full GM powers as it was when it started. Then, instead of a one time appearance, I would have the Host be the GM of Raw for the whole month. The Host’s final appearance will then be at that month’s respective Pay Per View. Of course, the following Monday after a PPV, a new Guest Host will debut. This would have kept the idea from going stale too fast.

Second, I would only have “Celebrity” Guest Hosts on the Red Show. It’s the Flagship show of the WWE, it “deserves” the guest “Celebrities”.

Third, I would have the Hall of Famers, Legends, and injured Superstars (Batista) as the Friday’s Guest Hosts. Smackdown is the “Wrestling Show” according to the IWC, right?? Then show pride in the Blue Show and give them Guest Hosts too. What makes them different?? Raw gets the “Outsiders” and Smackdown gets the “Insiders”. Take a look at some of the names we have here. Batista, Ted DiBiase, Sgt. Slaughter, Dusty Rhodes, Trish Stratus, Roddy Piper, Jesse Ventura, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, David Otunga. Imagine that they are Smackdown’s GM for a month each and ending at a PPV.

Forth, don’t let any of the Guest Host get involved in the matches…then again, if the Guest Host is at the PPV for one last show anyway…hmmmm….
Big Show vs. Big Shaq
Dusty Rhodes vs. Goldust vs. Cody Rhodes in a Triple Threat Steel Cage match
Verne Troyer vs. Hornswoggle
Owens and Ochocinco vs. Barreta and Croft
Steve Austin vs. Randy Orton (Main Event)
Cheech and Chong vs. Jeff Hardy and Rob Van Dam (Dark match)
Mike Tyson vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. at WrestleMania!!

Limitless possibilities here, had they not rushed the concept, and spread it out to the “other” show.

Other events I would have liked to change up a bit are:

2001 - The Invasion, of course. Add ECW Champions and Championships to the already acquired ECW Main Attraction Superstars. Add WCW Main Attraction Superstars to the already acquired WCW Champions and Championships. Among many, many other things, Raw would have been better of with some edits during the last half of 01.

2005 - The return of WCW before the return of ECW. The way I would start this is by having WCW take over Friday nights right after Batista debuts on Smackdown. With all of the WCW Original Titles (the World Title, US Title, and Cruiserweight Title) together with the newer WWE Tag Team Titles, on one show, that would have been a great time for Eric Bischoff to use his “If I have all the Titles, I have all the power” storyline. Rebrand them all as WCW Titles and do a little revisionist history for the Tag Titles and done.

What does this have to do with Raw, you might ask?? Instead of Bragging Rights being about Vince’s Red Show vs. Vince’s Blue Show, it would then become Eric’s WCW vs. Shane and Stephanie’s WWE. Then I would have Paul Heyman say something about this a year later.

I’ve got more ideas, but time is up.

Hornswoggle being McMahons son was the stupidiest thing iv ever seen.So much possibilities with Mr. Kennedy but i guess he screwed up at the time getting suspended or whatever happened to him.

well the gun angle was pre attitude not post attitude and i agree the guest host wasnt good but it was worth a try, i think the problem is this tvpg crap cause look how awesome raw was when the rock was going like it was 1999 again

The gun thing was PG rated.

Anyway the guest host crap was a complete waste of time. Had nothing to do with pro wrestling and these hosts were there to promote themselves while the talent played second fiddle.

But the biggest screwup was McMahon's bastard child ending up as Hornswoggle. After the Benoit incident, the company was screwed. This storyline had huge potential to get them back on track and this is what they came up with? Don't care if Kennedy was suspended, this alone summed up 2007 as being the worst WWE year in recent memory.

i kinda liked the guest host concept, id rather them than a laptop

i really hate the mystery gm concept the have going , at first it was alright i wasnt complayning but its gone on too long and now its just annoying.

so in my veiw that would be the biggest stain on raw

I don't know if this counts, but I would redo Season 3 of NXT and give the win to AJ or Naomi and give the other one a contract anyway. Kaitlyn has only been on TV once and she doesn't work well in the ring one bit.

I'd agree with the guest hosting spots, as if Raw wasn't already too much talk and light on the wrestling, lets add a celebrity to detract from the wrestling even more! I also agree about the Vince and Hornswaggle thing, Vince is such a jackass, his wife is trying to build a political career and there he is on TV with an illegimate midget "son". yes duh no shit its fake but still, no one is gonna take any McMahon seriously after all the stupidity the family has put on TV

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back