TNA Presents 'Slammiversary XI' Can Sting Beat Bully Ray for the World Title?

And you really think all those guys should be in the hall, would make it legitimate, and actually would agree to do it?

Even if so, Christian, Nash, Backlund, Rhodes, and Piper are all under WWE contract and would have hurdles to jump in order to appear. Rumors have been circulating about Shamrock signing some kind of WWE deal, too. In my opinion, none of them save Hogan and Tenay have even had a run worth enshrinement.

You're not helping your side of the situation.
Dude calm down and your not helping your side either, yes today that's true they do have wwe contracts but by next year they may not be their who knows. Tna is smart going with that 1 a year so that they don't run into that problem.

What side? You assume I like the fact they put in a HOF this early in the company's history in the first place. I don't. I argued this point from the start. I'm just saying, it's in place, so there's no point in debating the merit of having one in an 11-year old company. You aren't changing that, and they aren't bailing on it, so the burden shifts to the merit of the performers being inducted.

As to the guys I listed, yes, absolutely I'd induct a number of them. Notably Nash and Christian Cage. That gives them at least two extra years.

Haha, Christian was in TNA for 3 years. I love the guy and have always been a huge fan, but his short TNA run is NOT a Hall of Fame career. The Hall of Fame becomes even more of a joke if you induct a guy based mostly on the fact that he was the first guy to leave WWE and join TNA while still relevant.

Haha, Christian was in TNA for 3 years. I love the guy and have always been a huge fan, but his short TNA run is NOT a Hall of Fame career. The Hall of Fame becomes even more of a joke if you induct a guy based mostly on the fact that he was the first guy to leave WWE and join TNA while still relevant.

Christian was the biggest merchandise seller, went over a year unbeaten, is recognized as a former TNA/NWA World Heavyweight Champion, his signing was a big thing for TNA because he left WWE having made the decision TNA would utilize him better, he put on countless great matches, before Angle came was the biggest WWE to TNA signing they'd made and his debut was in the top ten moments - this is all off the top of my head, with research I could probably find a many more reasons.

Glad I came back in during Evolve's intermission just so I could reply to that.

Just to chime in on the TNA Hall of Fame thing: I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't Jeff Jarrett getting inducted this year, but it doesn't get much better than Kurt Angle. Angle was a GIANT star and has been there through many of its ups and downs, albeit not as many as Jarrett was around for. It makes sense, though. Jarrett isn't in the best situation with TNA right now and I can't imagine they'd make much of an effort -- if any -- to get him to go in this year, when they have Kurt Angle on tap and ready to go. At this stage, Angle is a far bigger star and far more over than Jarrett; Jarrett might mean more to the company in the long run, but he'll have his time, whether it's next year or some time after. Nash, Styles, Hogan, Tenay, and Christian all deserve it too. TNA is not going to run into any issues about not having enough people to induct, especially when you consider that (like IDR said) plenty of the top guys going right now will be retired and ready to make their way into the Hall of Fame, too (Jeff Hardy, anyone?).

Cool new theme song for AJ. Totally unfitting Tron which of course is just some crappy animated logo.

Then be prepared for it to become "even more of a joke". I dunno what else to tell you.

Just to chime in on the TNA Hall of Fame thing: I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't Jeff Jarrett getting inducted this year, but it doesn't get much better than Kurt Angle. Angle was a GIANT star and has been there through many of its ups and downs, albeit not as many as Jarrett was around for. It makes sense, though. Jarrett isn't in the best situation with TNA right now and I can't imagine they'd make much of an effort -- if any -- to get him to go in this year, when they have Kurt Angle on tap and ready to go. At this stage, Angle is a far bigger star and far more over than Jarrett; Jarrett might mean more to the company in the long run, but he'll have his time, whether it's next year or some time after. Nash, Styles, Hogan, Tenay, and Christian all deserve it too. TNA is not going to run into any issues about not having enough people to induct, especially when you consider that (like IDR said) plenty of the top guys going right now will be retired and ready to make their way into the Hall of Fame, too (Jeff Hardy, anyone?).

Exactly. I completely forgot about Hardy too.

Cool new theme song for AJ. Totally unfitting Tron which of course is just some crappy animated logo.

LMAO. Thought the exact same thing. Totally fucking killed it. I really wish they'd have put together something there to go with the awesome new entrance.

Christian was the biggest merchandise seller, went over a year unbeaten, is recognized as a former TNA/NWA World Heavyweight Champion, his signing was a big thing for TNA because he left WWE having made the decision TNA would utilize him better, he put on countless great matches, before Angle came was the biggest WWE to TNA signing they'd made and his debut was in the top ten moments - this is all off the top of my head, with research I could probably find a many more reasons.

Glad I came back in during Evolve's intermission just so I could reply to that.

Again, I love Christian and I agree that he almost always puts on a great match.

That said, three years isn't enough to be in any Hall of Fame, unless maybe he won the title on day 1 and held it until he left (which we of course know he did not).

LMAO. Thought the exact same thing. Totally fucking killed it. I really wish they'd have put together something there to go with the awesome new entrance.
It's as if they could only afford one good one for James Storm. Meanwhile you get really well put together tribute videos for Sting and Angle.

Again, I love Christian and I agree that he almost always puts on a great match.

That said, three years isn't enough to be in any Hall of Fame, unless maybe he won the title on day 1 and held it until he left (which we of course know he did not).

Hall of Fame isn't decided by length of time spent in the company, if it was Brooklyn Brawler would be in WWE's. It is decided by the impact you made in the company and after Angle, Jarrett and Hogan, not many have made the impact Christian did.

Came back in to say - solely cause my Twitter interaction lit up with people tweeting me because I've been very pro this and have always detested his last "I Am" crap - FINALLY AJ Styles has a new theme and I heard it's pretty awesome. Great to hear.

It's as if they could only afford one good one for James Storm. Meanwhile you get really well put together tribute videos for Sting and Angle.

Drives me nuts, brother. I feel like I've been complaining about this for five+ years too. I remember when they had Sting return years back, I was wondering why they had great footage of him in the rain and all that jazz for the television promos, but his actual "tron" video was still just a god damn logo.

I think I finally realize why I hate them so much, though. It's because they are like giant screen savers. Text that bounces off the edges or shakes and just repeats in one giant loop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back