• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Presents 'Slammiversary XI' Can Sting Beat Bully Ray for the World Title?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
ImpactWrestling.jpg

Presents 'Slammiversary XI'
Live Discussion for 6/2/13

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screen%20Shot%202013-06-02%20at%204.46.18%20PM.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[YOUTUBE]hYXljJxEnAA[/YOUTUBE]

ppv1.jpg

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Sting vs. Bully Ray "C"

ppv2.jpg

AJ Styles v. Angle

ppv3a.jpg

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS
Bad Influence v. Storm & Gunner v. Hernandez & Guerrero "C" v. Aries & Roode

ppv3c.jpg

Brisco, Bischoff & D.O.C. v. Magnus, Samoa Joe & Jeff Hardy

ppv4a.jpg

Ultimate X — X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Suicide v. Kenny King "C" v. Chris Sabin

ppv5.jpg

TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Joseph Park v. Devon "C"

ppv6a.jpg

Last Knockout Standing Match
Gail Kim v. Taryn Terrell

ppv8.jpg

Gut Check Tournament Final
Jay Bradley v. Sam Shaw

Wow... KB is right, dude I'd pay for this card. Even the 3v3 tag looks OK. Pretty sure Magnus, Joe, and Meth can suck a good match out of thoes three.

Yeah, with four PPVs they have to give every show a special look, feel and something to remember.

The buildup has been bad, but like already said, the matches look fine. Or, like TEW would say, "bouts that feature great action but not much in the way of heat".

Yeah, with four PPVs they have to give every show a special look, feel and something to remember.

The buildup has been bad, but like already said, the matches look fine. Or, like TEW would say, "bouts that feature great action but not much in the way of heat".

... :p

1. You got 2013?
2. You on Grey Dog?

There are three matches on that card I am really interested in seeing, AJ/Angle, Tag Title match, & the X Division title match. As for the rest of the card, I'll probably be flipping back & forth between it & the Hawks/Kings game.

I don't have the new version, but I plan on buying it. Not a forum member either, but I read there sometimes, especially the diaries.

Is TEW worth the price? I was going to torrent it but I hate torrents. Seems like a nice way to pass time. I have EWR on my old laptop, used to think it was the shit until I saw the demo for TEW - the detail is supposed to be crazy isn't it?

As for Slammiversary, I might catch the Ireland and UK replay on Wednesday, really tempted to order Evolve 21 with Gargano/del Sol, Brian Cage/Jon Davis, Ivelisse/Mia Yim and others. May catch a stream of this for the main event if Gabe's stream craps out again though.

Is TEW worth the price? I was going to torrent it but I hate torrents. Seems like a nice way to pass time. I have EWR on my old laptop, used to think it was the shit until I saw the demo for TEW - the detail is supposed to be crazy isn't it?
It's definitely worth the price, Dragon. Grey Dog's one of the few developers out there that I feel happy giving money to, and Adam Ryland and his team always top themselves in a new edition of any game they put out.

Some of the detailing has gone down from 2010 actually (mostly relatively unused stuff like ticket pricing, house-show markets, importance of television slots, etc...) but it's been expanded upon in other stuff like angles and storyline. I can most definitely say that storylines are a lot more fluid and easy to put together and take apart, but you just have to keep good accounting of everything going on.

The default database is an alternative universe that has the strongest following amongst users, but I've seen more than half a dozen real-world mods for the latest version ('85, '87, '94, '96, '01, etc...) that have been pretty good and only built upon from previous editions by their makers. Plus a few more fictional fan-made universes (Effverse, Thunderverse (personal favorite after the default database), War of the Immortals, etc...) are available to play around in.

I'd say yeah, go for it. If you want to get a feel for it, download the trial version and play around in the default database for a month (in-game) to see how it feels.

When I played EWR in '08 I used to use a 2006 real world mod, used to always start as ROH or PWG though because there's no fun in the game if you're WWE. I think I had a really good NWA:TNA thing going though, not played it in years, got boring but that's because there isn't enough detail.

I might look into TEW. At €35 USD It'd want to be worth it.

slamset.638x358.jpg

Goddammit. Cheap ass bastards. They better bring a new set for San Diego or I'm going to throw shit into the ring. And I mean actual shit.

Better than IRL sometimes, aren't they?
Yeah. Booking is possibly the aspect that fascinates me most about wrestling, so I love to read what people build with their creativity.

What bugs me a bit is the skills. I think some are redundant ("puro" or seperate entries for "chain wrestling", "mat wrestling" and so on) and other aspects are a bit underrepresented (uniqueness for example, intensity was also cut I think). Story building is also a bit generic in my opinion, but I don't really know how it could be made much better.
I recommend to buy it though, even though I've just played around a bit with the 2013 demo.

Let's get to the show!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back