The Survivor Series LD on 11/21 Will See Where The Winds of Change Blow John Cena!

My argument is thus...

ECW could have expanded and struck when the iron was hot. When they hit their popularity, I bet they could have filled the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia once every two months because people were that thirsty to see it. I grew up around the area, so I knew what it was all about.

If ECW played its cards right, sure, it might be alive today but the current era of wrestling has no place for the hardcore.

No. They couldn't. Because they wouldn't have been able to sustain that success for very long at all. Sure, they sold out that bingo hall that was as big as your bedroom, but if they expanded into arenas, they would have had trouble A) renting the freaking place out, B) the upgraded set, and C) getting decent sponsors to help pay for it.

If you thought they were hemorrhaging money when they existed, think about the bloodbath there would have been if they expanded.

Take a poll of people who were alive when ECW was alive at its height on this board and you'd be surprised. It was a good product and people loved it. Too bad those who control the money didn't think so. Unfortunately, that's what matters.

Apparently I wasnt alive during that time :lmao:

WWE during it's peaks EASILY. EASILY sold out (or got damn close) 20,000 seat areana.

I think born to fly is wrong but wouldn't it be fair to say that the WWE at its peak was essentially a mainstream ECW. In that regard it was clearly possible just happens that ECW failed in the transition process.

They tried this. It was called PPV. It failed. They tried again. It was called ECW on TNN. It failed. To rent a place that big you need more money. ECW didn't have it and the fans wouldn't pay it, so it wouldn't work. ECW was destined to be a small company with a niche audience and a feeding ground for the major companies. They tried to do more and they died.

ECW had the product but didn't build it up. Mainly, they didn't have the core audience they needed -- the kids.

My argument is thus...

ECW could have expanded and struck when the iron was hot. When they hit their popularity, I bet they could have filled the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia once every two months because people were that thirsty to see it. I grew up around the area, so I knew what it was all about.

If ECW played its cards right, sure, it might be alive today but the current era of wrestling has no place for the hardcore.
[YOUTUBE]5hfYJsQAhl0[/YOUTUBE]
your point is ridiculous, and stupid, and you are a worse person for coming up with it.

They never would have gotten close to filling the Wachovia Center. Their prime was ending by the time they got on PPV. What were they gonna do, spend the insane amounts of money to lease a building, when they wouldn't come CLOSE to breaking even for it? It would have been on syndication, or just been an untelevised event. No WAY they come CLOSE to breaking even, or even getting in the building to begin with (again sponsors, you think Wachovia would allow themselves to be associated with that garbage?)

The only way ECW would still be around is if they did what WWE did to it, and get rid of the untra-violent crap (yes, it was crap).

ECW had the product but didn't build it up. Mainly, they didn't have the core audience they needed -- the kids.

See, no it didn't. They had some talented guys and then they had guys like Sandman and the Rottens and the Gangstas that had no business ever being in a wrestling ring but were anyway because they would take huge bumps and bleed a ton and people would shout HE'S HARDCORE and that allegedly made them stars. That isn't wrestling, and that isn't talent.

Honestly, if you are going to argue ECW, you may as well just go find a doorknob to fuck while your at it. Both are equally pointless. They were a little trashy niche company, that tried to be more, and failed. Its over, they are gone.

Now if I were running things, I would say they should have done late night shows that utterly pushed the limits, but done totally over the top shit on PPVs, monthly. IE tits out, F bombs dropped, blood everywere. Reel them in on TV, then deliver when it counts.

Your either trash, or you are mainstream. You cant be mainstream trash.

ECW didn't have the brightest people running the company -- let you guys fire the jokes at me for being one of them -- but with the right people, it could have been successful more so than the niche it was.

I know I caused most of this, but how the fuck did we all get from talking about Survivor Series to talking about John Cena to talking about Immortal to talking about whether ECW would've survived or not???

They did the late night thing with their regular shows. I got it at 4am Friday nights and was blown away by it. The F bombs happened constantly on PPV. The tits....not so much but they got about as close as they could without showing them, namely because the girls said no.

See, no it didn't. They had some talented guys and then they had guys like Sandman and the Rottens and the Gangstas that had no business ever being in a wrestling ring but were anyway because they would take huge bumps and bleed a ton and people would shout HE'S HARDCORE and that allegedly made them stars. That isn't wrestling, and that isn't talent.

Did you watch it? If so, how long?

They did the late night thing with their regular shows. I got it at 4am Friday nights and was blown away by it. The F bombs happened constantly on PPV. The tits....not so much but they got about as close as they could without showing them, namely because the girls said no.

Yea I know, ive seen them.

Get girls who wont say no. U have to be shitting me to tell me they couldnt go down to Show and Tel (a huge strip club that is literally blocks away from the ECW arena) and get some strippers to get naked during ECW shows.

You want to make money, you gotta go the whole way. The whole way.

Honestly, if you are going to argue ECW, you may as well just go find a doorknob to fuck while your at it. Both are equally pointless. They were a little trashy niche company, that tried to be more, and failed. Its over, they are gone.

Now if I were running things, I would say they should have done late night shows that utterly pushed the limits, but done totally over the top shit on PPVs, monthly. IE tits out, F bombs dropped, blood everywere. Reel them in on TV, then deliver when it counts.

Your either trash, or you are mainstream. You cant be mainstream trash.

They didn't push the limits? PPVs were exactly that.

You didn't answer my original question. Did you watch it?

Would anyone else like me to throw Shattered Dreams in jail for a Thanksgiving gift to the forums?
PLEASE

Take a poll of people who were alive when ECW was alive at its height on this board and you'd be surprised. It was a good product and people loved it. Too bad those who control the money didn't think so. Unfortunately, that's what matters.

Apparently I wasnt alive during that time :lmao:
Yeah, umm, I would guess everyone on the forums here were alive during ECW. Unless they are 9 or younger. The people you're talking to were all WRESTLING FANS when ECW was at its peak, and we know better then to think that.
They DIDN'T have the product, that was the problem. They didn't have the "core audience" they needed, because they COULDN'T get the core audience they needed, because the show was too violent. ECW would have had to alienate the bloodthirsty fans and embrace the clean wrestling and non-violence that makes the top companies profitable.

Hornswoggle and Khali are wrestling and talent? Every company has guys that are used for odd reasons. If the audience buys it, is it really fair to knock it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back