The Survivor Series LD on 11/21 Will See Where The Winds of Change Blow John Cena!

Did you watch it? If so, how long?

Seen every PPV, the vast majority of the ECW on TNN shows, quite a few hardcore TV shows, dozens if not hundreds of matches and promos, read up on it, know the history, know that it failed as more than likely your next statement will be something along the lines of "were you there because if not you won't get it" and being there would mean absolutely nothing at all.

Yea I know, ive seen them.

Get girls who wont say no. U have to be shitting me to tell me they couldnt go down to Show and Tel (a huge strip club that is literally blocks away from the ECW arena) and get some strippers to get naked during ECW shows.

You want to make money, you gotta go the whole way. The whole way.

True for the most part, but you need money in the first place.

Seen every PPV, the vast majority of the ECW on TNN shows, quite a few hardcore TV shows, dozens if not hundreds of matches and promos, read up on it, know the history, know that it failed as more than likely your next statement will be something along the lines of "were you there because if not you won't get it" and being there would mean absolutely nothing at all.

You guessed wrong. My follow up statement or question was 'Why did you watch it?'

Hornswoggle and Khali are wrestling and talent? Every company has guys that are used for odd reasons. If the audience buys it, is it really fair to knock it?

Yes it is fair to knock it. Why? Because it was shit. Khali is there because he is a BIG appeal to Indian fans. That's over 1 billion people you could hook with one guy. That's a lot of merchandise and money to be made. Horny appeals to kids. Both guys are professionals and know what they're doing in a ring and have had decent matches at times. Guys like the Rottens and the Gangstas are reasons why people get hurt in a ring.

It's a simple question. If it was answered, it would be perfect.

It is a simple question, but I know where you're going with it. You're going to put up all these arbitrary, illogical roadblocks, and delude yourself into thinking that the only people who "get it" are people who thought it was great and could have thrived.

Since you didnt read my response to your question, ill indulge your question game (the most assinighn manner of debate)

I watched it becuase im a pro wreslting fan, and it was pro wrestling. Fucking insane concept there.

Because there's no need to have 5 threads all saying "What do you think Cena is going to do now?" What purpose could having more than one thread per topic serve other than cluttering and confusing things?

That's all I wanted to know. And still five threads were made, but just consolidated.

I ask the question as to why you watch it because you watched it for some reason. It caught your attention for more than one day. That's what they wanted and they got it. So no matter what, it was successful in what it wanted to do. Sure, how it was run didn't promise prolonged success, but they caught your attention. It was shock value. Sure it would wear off, but if it was run correctly, they'd have fared much better.

Stormy, I'm talking about watching the original ECW. Not new brand.

I was talking about the Original ECW too. It closed in 2001, so anyone older then 9 was around for the original ECW. But lets make it 12, that would mean 1998. They were alive for the Original ECW then. I would say 99.999% of the forum members are over that age, and I would say 90% of them are old enough to have been alive for ECWs prime (1996-7).

Again, in order for ECW to have ever had a shot at expanding, they would have had to do what WWE did with it, and remove the obscene pathetic over-violence that pushes sponsors away.

Yes it is fair to knock it. Why? Because it was shit. Khali is there because he is a BIG appeal to Indian fans. That's over 1 billion people you could hook with one guy. That's a lot of merchandise and money to be made. Horny appeals to kids. Both guys are professionals and know what they're doing in a ring and have had decent matches at times. Guys like the Rottens and the Gangstas are reasons why people get hurt in a ring.

Khali was involved in someone getting hurt pretty bad if my memory serves correctly. So it is fair to hook foreigners with someone who can't wrestle traditionally but it is foolish to appeal to the hardcore style that young males were into with guys that couldn't wrestle?

Khali was involved in someone getting hurt pretty bad if my memory serves correctly. So it is fair to hook foreigners with someone who can't wrestle traditionally but it is foolish to appeal to the hardcore style that young males were into with guys that couldn't wrestle?

Aye, when the former is a demographic of roughly a billion, who probably wouldnt watch your show otherwise

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back