The Survivor Series LD on 11/21 Will See Where The Winds of Change Blow John Cena!

How? It solved NOTHING. If the GM came on and said, 'Cena, you didn't listen to Wade and now you're FIRED.' That would have been better. This, was nothing.
no, that would suck. That would make people believe it's a storyline firing. This made people believe he was actually leaving.

McMahon did that to Austin in 1998, he showed up the next night still employed. This makes people think he's gone. It felt (dare I say it) REAL, which is what you want it to feel like.
One that would otherwise be fairly heatless, ala Jericho - Edge from last year, your right
Good point, although Barrett/Cena doesn't come close to the match that trumped Edge/Jericho from last year (HBK/Taker 2).

It still felt like a storyline firing though. Because other than the kids, who in their right mind thinks Cena is gone forever?

Good point, although Barrett/Cena doesn't come close to the match that trumped Edge/Jericho from last year (HBK/Taker 2).

I was more on about using the title match as a device for loading up your card becuase another match doesnt need it, but yea, we are on about the same concept. Just different ends if the spectrum.

and yea, I dont think you would get any debate about that point.

why did he hug cole??

My only guess is they did it in an attempt to make it look like it was real... but even that is stupid. If he wanted to go anywhere near the announcers table for a goodbye, he should have kept it to handshakes.

What a load of bullfuck!

Not really bothered who won out of Orton and Barrett - prefer Orton to be honest.

But the fact after all the build up Cena did practically NOTHING to make any major impact at all and supposedly now is fired and just walks out now (kayfabe) is a real deflater of a ending IMO.

Am I shocked? Not really WWE = Masters at fucking good things up!
:disappointed:

This.

I think they should go all in with this storyline WWE.com should have news saying John Cena released and have his profile moved off RAW. Just that could make it a bit cooler.

I can't believe people are disappointed with this ending. Threw a snag into most people's predictions. Not sure many if any on these forums saw a clean Orton victory with a clean 1-2-3 count, with Cena being "fired" because of it. Heel turn was talked about. Clean Barrett win was discussed. Even a Barrett win, with the Miz cashing in MITB was thrown in there. But a clean decisive win for Orton, with the "fired" Cena leaving with no further info, not discussed much.

I don't think the stipulations were as clear as some of you say. They could easily say Cena is fired from RAW, and bring him back on SD. Have him be off TV for a while, talk about him like a former wrestler, remove his profile from wwe.com, etc., then bring him back as a surprise entrant in the Royal Rumble as a member of SD.

I could also see the anonymous mystery GM playing a role here. Especially after the Cole hug.

No, he was booked to be the leader of the top stable on RAW. And he isn't ready for it, because he isn't a good enough wrestler for it. Not because he "hasn't paid his dues".

Irrelvent. Nexus is Wade Barrett. Has been since day one. The other guys are just there to support Barrett. And bollocks is he not a good enough wrestler. I admit, he's not great in the ring. But he's good enough. He doesn't stink up the joint when he performs, gets good heat and is good enough everywhere else to make up for his weakness in that department.

And Orton is still the right guy to hold the belt.

No he isn't.

Now he goes on and feuds with Sheamus,

Busy with Morrison. And they just finished feuding and it sucked.

If Barrett's not ready, Miz Sure as hell isn't.

See above two people.

or someone else.

Who? There are no top heels not occupied other than Wade Barrett. Had Barrett won we'd have seen the obvious rematch at TLC where Barrett can heelishly retain before the blowoff match with Cena at the Rumble. Which would have concluded the angle which has been dominating Raw since June. Fuck off should Orton have won. He, like Sheamus has been booked as less important than Wade Barrett for fucking months and he's the top champion. Should not be happening. No way, no how.

Orton/either of those 3 will work. Barrett vs. Orton/3 above guys wouldn't.

Except that nobody but Barrett has any reason to face Orton. Sheamus is feuding with Morrison, because if you think they're done you're deluded. and Miz isn't going to seek open confrontation with Orton, because he's got the briefcase and gets a shot when it suits him, not anybody else. At TLC, Barrett will be facing Orton for the title again, with the same shit happeneing in the background. Nexus taking up more screentime, Orton being less important than the top heel. It's bullshit. They're going to pull the trigger soon, so why the hell not at one of the big 4?

Barrett/Orton has resulted in pretty shit matches saved by CENA.

So did Orton/Sheamus. Apart from the saving by Cena.

CENA is the common denominator in all of this. Barrett feuded with CENA the entire time.

And had he won the title, would have continued to feud with CENA like he has been while Orton was getting diminished screen time despite being THE WWE CHAMPION. Barrett and Cena have been the thing on Raw, Randy is a third wheel. Keeping Cena and giving the title to Barrett would have given the angle a nice conclusion in time for Cena to wrap up Barrett at the Rumble and have a money feud with somebody for 'Mania. But whatever, it's done.

CENA carried Barrett, because CENA is the best in the WWE right now.

No denying that. But that's no reason for Orton not to have dropped the title.

I can't believe people are disappointed with this ending. Threw a snag into most people's predictions. Not sure many if any on these forums saw a clean Orton victory with a clean 1-2-3 count, with Cena being "fired" because of it. Heel turn was talked about. Clean Barrett win was discussed. Even a Barrett win, with the Miz cashing in MITB was thrown in there. But a clean decisive win for Orton, with the "fired" Cena leaving with no further info, not discussed much.

I don't think the stipulations were as clear as some of you say. They could easily say Cena is fired from RAW, and bring him back on SD. Have him be off TV for a while, talk about him like a former wrestler, remove his profile from wwe.com, etc., then bring him back as a surprise entrant in the Royal Rumble as a member of SD.

I could also see the anonymous mystery GM playing a role here. Especially after the Cole hug.

Except for them specifically addressing that during the build

Easily a waste of £14.95, easily one of the worst pay per views I've seen all year.

Very dissapointed.

Seriously? The main events weren't too special, but the DB match and the Kaval-Ziggler match were both great! The JoMo Sheamus match was also fairly spectacular. And you got to see the culmination of the John Cena in Nexus angle. That's worth the money I think.

So he stays face by calling the match cleanly then hugs the heel anouncer??? I have no idea what is going to happen...and i like it

no, that would suck. That would make people believe it's a storyline firing. This made people believe he was actually leaving.

McMahon did that to Austin in 1998, he showed up the next night still employed. This makes people think he's gone. It felt (dare I say it) REAL, which is what you want it to feel like.

The stipulation said if Cena didn't give Barrett the title, he was fired. So why not continue that storyline and actually do it and say it?

This makes it like Cena left on "his own terms," which he didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back