The NEW Ask a Forum Question Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to the Request part in the Digital and Graphics section, there's a few people offering to make a Sig for you if you request one :)

I'm new around here. I posted this up as well as a response that is long (so i just put the part where someone told me I was "flaming" a user). I put into bold the person I commented on. My response is below that (Probably already knew that).. I just wanted some clarity and if I'm wrong and what I did was flaming I apologize. I thought my response was acceptable under WrestleZone rules... Did I do wrong? or is the person that told me I flamed incorrect? I wasn't reported like I said I just wanted some clarity as a newbie... Thank you for your time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstatic77
I think it is poor taste to discuss someone's personal matters like this in an open forum, when there is no reason to believe their marriage is in trouble. It is the equivalent of saying what happens to WWE if the entire McMahon family is somehow wiped out. It's pretty grim.

You think it's in poor taste yet you took time to reply to it, sit here and read about it.

So everything in the world must be in poor taste to you then yeah? I mean if talking about someone elses personal matters is "poor taste" let's just shut down the press, the media, the world of entertainment. No movies can be made anymore (except that of science fiction) because they all depict something about SOMEBODIES life! Maybe you should stay off of these threads my friend. Because the only thing you are doing is trolling which if im not mistaken is against the rules

Well unless a mod infracted you for it (which didn't happen) you're not flaming. I don't see the problem

I'm trying to make a stat sheet in the sports stadium and I tried to just ad the right amount of spaces to make all the stats line up with the catagories, but every time I click done editing the spaces I put in are gone and the stats no longer line up with the catagory. Is there a way to fix that or is there a spread sheet option that I don't know about?

I'm trying to make a stat sheet in the sports stadium and I tried to just ad the right amount of spaces to make all the stats line up with the catagories, but every time I click done editing the spaces I put in are gone and the stats no longer line up with the catagory. Is there a way to fix that or is there a spread sheet option that I don't know about?

The answer to your question, at least to the best of my knowledge, is "no", to every question. I've tried doing it myself, and can't figure it out. The best thing I can recommend is make a Stat sheet in a spreadsheet document, take an image of it, and post an image in the thread.

Ok so everytime I create a thread I always research whether or not the thread has already been started in another section, my question is how far back does a topic have to be in order for it to be restarted again.

For example- If I wanted to start a "Greatest Handicap match ever" thread and I look back and find out that one hasn't been done for at least a month do I need to look further or can I just go with it and risk repeating a thread that was created maybe 2 months ago?

Ok so everytime I create a thread I always research whether or not the thread has already been started in another section, my question is how far back does a topic have to be in order for it to be restarted again.

For example- If I wanted to start a "Greatest Handicap match ever" thread and I look back and find out that one hasn't been done for at least a month do I need to look further or can I just go with it and risk repeating a thread that was created maybe 2 months ago?

The rule of thumb is four months. If the thread is already created and it isn't four months old, then just post your answer in that thread.

Four months? Really? I always do it for four pages back, if it's not there then all is good, and with a topic like that I can't remember it being discussed for a while. At the end of the day there are VERY few topics yet to be discussed.

I'm not sure on the four months thing either. For the most part, and this is with the caveat of note always, use common sense. If there's something that's a hot topic at the moment, there's likely a thread on it. If there isn't something within the first few pages or a month or so, go ahead and we'll likely merge it with no penalty unless it's something glaringly obvious.

Four months? Really? I always do it for four pages back, if it's not there then all is good, and with a topic like that I can't remember it being discussed for a while. At the end of the day there are VERY few topics yet to be discussed.

I'm not sure on the four months thing either. For the most part, and this is with the caveat of note always, use common sense. If there's something that's a hot topic at the moment, there's likely a thread on it. If there isn't something within the first few pages or a month or so, go ahead and we'll likely merge it with no penalty unless it's something glaringly obvious.

Oops, I meant four pages, but there's some rule of thumb about new threads being created on old topics...is it six months?

I figured I would post here, to ask you/let you know ahead of time:

My girlfriend lives with me. She wants to me her own account on here. She will be using my computer. I'm letting you know ahead of time. Is this cool?

I figured I would post here, to ask you/let you know ahead of time:

My girlfriend lives with me. She wants to me her own account on here. She will be using my computer. I'm letting you know ahead of time. Is this cool?

Yeah it's fine. Let us know what her name is if you don't mind.

Oops, I meant four pages, but there's some rule of thumb about new threads being created on old topics...is it six months?

Always thought it was three months/four pages or just common sense. There can be leniency with the penalties.

Maybe I'm just an idiot but I was thinking about posting my first thread as I am now allowed to and I ws concerned that it was a little too similar too another (but not enough to get the feedback I'm looking for IMO) and today the rules were posted to the main site so I wanted to run the idea by a mod but I can't seem to figure out how. I read the FAQ and the Site Rules but if the answer was there I didn;t see it. Could someone please help me? Again sorry if this is something I should have been able to get on my oen.

So I once again got the "annoying" broad view of text and the forum.. it's not as wide as the "user forum default" view, but it's above the average wide texts etc. that was presented as standard through the WZ fixed mode, any idea's what I can do to get it back again? because I'm not very fond of reading big thick text..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back