The Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the deal with you fans trying to position yourselves higher than others? "Leave the business to us adults"? Oh and post counts are the God Almighty standard of knowledge here!?

Can you please get the main person who runs this place, so I can sit down and have an intelligent discussion about my issue without someone trying to put me down for having the opinion I have?

:lmao:

Just stop man. You don't know what you're getting into. You broke a rule, you were warned, end of story. You want to argue the rules of the forum? They're not up for debate.

What you people don't understand is that: I'm not mad over my side. I was out of topic for the discussion...that simple.

I'm mad that if my post got deleted, then why was some flaming from another poster allowed? I don't get the double standard and i'm a little bothered that the staff allowed that post to stay.

That's my only complaint!

What's the deal with you fans trying to position yourselves higher than others? "Leave the business to us adults"? Oh and post counts are the God Almighty standard of knowledge here!?
Are you familiar with the word "ironic"? You came into this thread condemning the work people like myself and the other Staff members do here, and suddenly you are aghast when someone discredits what you do here?

That would be irony. Look it up if you need to. Or, perhaps, you could classify it under hypocrisy. Take your pick.

Can you please get the main person who runs this place, so I can sit down and have an intelligent discussion about my issue without someone trying to put me down for having the opinion I have?
We can have an intelligent conversation just fine, once you decide to leave the insults and temper tantrums out of the discussion.

As far as your issue goes, you have no issue. You don't decide how we run the forum, and regardless of what you think of the post you reported, it doesn't change the fact that YOUR post was in violation of our rules. There is no discussion to be had.

Like I would tell my students at school, worry about yourself and what you did wrong, and not about the other person. If you wish to have a grown up and intelligent conversation about this, then feel free to PM me.

Now, I'm going to say this, and I'm going to say it with large type so I know you won't miss it:

If you use this thread again to insult members of this staff, or do engage in any kind of a discussion that results in you throwing a temper tantrum, you will receive discipline punishment.

If you wish to throw a tantrum, do so in a PM to me. I'll be more than happy to oblige you there. But don't do it again in this thread, or you will be subject to be infracted for spamming.

Thanks.

What you people don't understand is that: I'm not mad over my side. I was out of topic for the discussion...that simple.

I'm mad that if my post got deleted, then why was some flaming from another poster allowed? I don't get the double standard and i'm a little bothered that the staff allowed that post to stay.

That's my only complaint!

I understand that you're upset and perhaps you have a right to be. However, the post that you made would be classified as spam under our rules. We're certainly not singling you out, but your post was spam. You received a warning, which is just that: a warning. It bears no real weight to it and is mainly just there for a notice. I'm sorry if you feel you're being singled out, but I assure you that you aren't.

I understand that you're upset and perhaps you have a right to be. However, the post that you made would be classified as spam under our rules. We're certainly not singling you out, but your post was spam. You received a warning, which is just that: a warning. It bears no real weight to it and is mainly just there for a notice. I'm sorry if you feel you're being singled out, but I assure you that you aren't.

I'm just very upset over letting flaming allowed...that's my only remark and i'm sorry about coming in so irate, but like you said...Perhaps I do have a right to be upset.

If someone would just delete the post that flamed me in the Abyss compelling thread, then I move on my way and feel everyone did the right thing. Any takers?

I'm just very upset over letting flaming allowed...that's my only remark and i'm sorry about coming in so irate, but like you said...Perhaps I do have a right to be upset.
No less than 4 of us on Staff have looked at what he posted. We decided it did not violate our flaming rules to the extent of it being deleted. Ignorance is not an insult, it's a lack of knowledge. As far as the rock thing goes, if you consider that to be flaming, then it is my objective opinion, that you need to get a thicker skin.

If someone would just delete the post that flamed me in the Abyss compelling thread, then I move on my way and feel everyone did the right thing. Any takers?
No, we will not.

Here's a definition of Flaming.

"Other times, a flamer is simply an individual who believes he or she carries the only valid opinion. This leads him or her to personally attack those who disagree."

Mr. Teacher, doesn't that define what happened with KingDoug? He thought the original poster had the only true valid opinion and it led to him posting a personal attack.

And if you want to go deeper...here's the definition of Personal Attack: consists of replying to an argument or factual claim by attacking or appealing to a characteristic or belief of the person making the argument or claim, rather than by addressing the substance of the argument or producing evidence against the claim.

I'm sorry "adult", but that's exactly what happened. He replied to the argument of mine attacking my character or belief rather than address the substance of the argument or producing evidence.

"Other times, a flamer is simply an individual who believes he or she carries the only valid opinion. This leads him or her to personally attack those who disagree."

Mr. Teacher, doesn't that define what happened with KingDoug? He thought the original poster had the only true valid opinion and it led to him posting a personal attack.

The things that he said were minor insults at best. Our rules state that they will be enforced at our discretion. We have decided that what he said did not constitute flaming, which isn't something we're going to budge on. I'm sorry of you don't agree with our ruling, but it is going to stand.

And if you want to go deeper...here's the definition of Personal Attack: consists of replying to an argument or factual claim by attacking or appealing to a characteristic or belief of the person making the argument or claim, rather than by addressing the substance of the argument or producing evidence against the claim.

I'm sorry "adult", but that's exactly what happened. He replied to the argument of mine attacking my character or belief rather than address the substance of the argument or producing evidence.
I wish to ask you one question, and one question only.

Where did you find that definition of flaming on the Wrestlezone Forums?

So if I went there and replied about how he needs to get back to flipping burgers at McDonalds except of nicely putting to him that it makes him sound weak by attacking me that you'd allow it because the first part was lighter?

So if I went there and replied about how he needs to get back to flipping burgers at McDonalds except of nicely putting to him that it makes him sound weak by attacking me that you'd allow it because the first part was lighter?
No, that would be spamming, as you don't address the thread topic.

I wish to ask you one question, and one question only.

Where did you find that definition of flaming on the Wrestlezone Forums?

If you don't go by what Webster's English Dictionary has to say about a definition, then your rules mean nothing.

Just delete my account.

If you don't go by what Webster's English Dictionary has to say about a definition, then your rules mean nothing.

Just delete my account.
Well, no, I won't delete your account, what's the purpose of that?

And, why must we go by Webster's definition? Since when did a man that died over 150 years ago have importance on a privately owned and operated forum? The rules are not yours to interpret and enforce, they are ours.

OKay, so good job whomever messed with my account so whenever I try to go to my user CP it just brings me to google.com, so I can't change any of my profile or my signature which someone thought would be funny to put some gay guys in there.

Can someone fix this? I mean, i'm out of prison, my account really shouldn't be fucked with now.

Actually it seems to be a forum problem, when I click on links it brings me to google.com on the forum as well.

I seem to be okay now. Thanks Sly.

I honestly thought it was an attack.

I can't get on the User CP for some reason. I click on the link for it but it comes up with something that says the forum has a database problem. How can I get round this?

This site keeps freezing every single time I try to post or click a link the site freezes & I have to send a error report that pops up when a site stops responding. I had to copy & paste this from a word document before the site froze on me again. It’s not my PC or anything it’s this site ONLY that freezes every time I try to come here.

This site keeps freezing every single time I try to post or click a link the site freezes & I have to send a error report that pops up when a site stops responding. I had to copy & paste this from a word document before the site froze on me again. It’s not my PC or anything it’s this site ONLY that freezes every time I try to come here.
For most, if not all, of the member here, the forum is working perfectly fine. Are you sure it's not your PC?

Make sure to run a couple different spyware removal programs, as well as your anti-virus. Also, what Internet Browser are you using to view the forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back