• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New WWE Title Design (Keep it all in here!!!!)

I think this is the worst-looking WWE title of all time. From the bland appearance to the pentagonal shape, to the low amount of gold.. The WWE logo appears to be on the background and the frame covering parts of it; a bright colour like Crimson would look better than dark blue/black, the nameplate isn't there either.
Even the Intercontinental and U.S. Titles look better than this; I dislike everything about this title. Hope they scrap this one immediately, hopefully after Rock loses at WM.

I hate that title. It's just stupid, it's bland, it have no personnality. I don't have the feeling " damn, that guy with the belt is the champion ". Happy that we still have the World Heavyheight Title

I'm with the guy from the other page. 100% true if CM Punk had brought that title most of you would be going crazy :lmao:

Its not perfect but its a definite step up from the spinner belt which was in my opinion the worst title design ever.

this belt is better then the sinner but that doesnt say much it is still a bad title belt. its ugly and as soon as the rock losses it the new champion will replace it because there r bulls on it which is the rocks theme. what if the logos changed with the superstar that wins it kinda like the name plates.

the world heavyweight championship is still so much cooler

I'm pretty anti everything WWE, but I dig the belt. It is modern while at the same time being a throwback. Reminds me a little of the old AWA World title or the NWA North America title in ways. The picture posted from WWE.com looks nice.

I still prefer the Winged Eagle belt that lasted from Hogan to Austin and I prefer the belt that came right after that.

I liked a lot about the belt, certainley far better than the one it replaced, but it just seemed.....So plain. A little bigger front plate, some silver backround (perhaps an eagle, or atlas?) and more plates on the sides. Also could do without the side plates looking decals for a luxury car.

Too plain for my liking, but certainley classier and more prestigous than the old one.

And yes, still entirely put to shame by the WHC. Prehaps that is why WWE has chosen to regulate that to a glorified mid card title these days.

i liked the spinner belt. Just when you think title belts couldn't get any worse, they have. i understand the spinner belt was getting old but i'd much rather the spinner other that ugly thing!

Belt is horrible. I was expecting the winged eagle belt with the way he wasgoing on about past superstars! Also can someone please explain how Vince was able to that podium at the Wrestlemania 30 press conference, yet on the sattelite peice on Raw he had crutches? I thought even in kayfabe you meant to sell a story?!

Not that fond of the center plate, since the gem-job on the upper W seems kinda sloppy to my eyes. Other than that and the random loop of rubies at the bottom of that plate, it looks pretty good.

Is the new WWE title design a let down, of course! But it still looks worlds better than the horrid looking spinner belt, which was the worst looking title in wrestling history.

But remember kiddies, the WWE views the belt as secondary to the world title, and this design just cements that viewpoint.

I wasn't that wild about it at first glance but it quickly started to grow on me after I saw the side plates. Once I saw the Brahma Bull plates, I had a feeling that they would be changeable. Since seeing what the title looks like with its standard side plates, I think it looks pretty good. In my opinion, it's far & above the spinner belt design.

My only real complaint is the dark background of the center/main title plate. I would have preferred some sort of color to that, maybe a mix of gold & red or possibly a color scheme identical to that used on the standard side plates, not the Brahma Bull ones. All in all, however, I like the design.

It is a little plain, but I do think it's a much classier design overall. It's not "perfect" but, then again, with the fickle IWC, there'd be numerous complaints no matter what. It's time people got over this obsession with globes & eagles all over every belt that pops up. It doesn't have an old school design, hence it's getting some hate. I agree with the poster that said people would be giving it near universal praise if Punk had debuted this title.

I like the belt. it has a design that doesn't clash with any gimmick in the WWE. It looks well with a face and a heel. It looks fine with a strange gimmick as it does with someone who has a more believable one. It's clear that it's not the design that most of us would have thought to make but that doesn't translate to being awful by any means. The belt shouldn't go against a wrestler's persona. That's why so many of the past titles worked so well and why Cena's title got such a backlash by fans as well as wrestlers. They worked with just about any type of person who would ever carry it. This one will too.

But remember kiddies, the WWE views the belt as secondary to the world title, and this design just cements that viewpoint.

I don't think this is true at all. As far as modern history goes (the past 32 years or so), the WHC may be considered the more prestigious of the two but as far as the WWE considering it so, I would have to say that's BS. If they considered the WWE championship secondary to the WHC title, they wouldn't have their top tier talents wasting energy on it as much. So as far as history is concerned, you may be right. But as far as WWE is concerned, no.

I think it is a little plain, but it is an improvement on the spinner belt for sure. I think the WWE logo takes up to much space, and I don't like the black, but overall I like it. I think it will grow on me more in time. It was time for a change, and the spinner belt was never a belt that I liked. This belt has a classy look, and the WWE title no longer looks like a toy.

It definitely has a more prestigious appearance than the spinner belt. And it's probably going to be the design for the next few years to come. CM Punk throwing the spinner belt down and saying "I want that one" lends to the argument. I'm content with the appearance (it looks better without the bull logos on the side), and I think it's a refreshing and needed change. I do however find it strange that CM Punk was not the presenter of this belt. The Rock is a transitional champion. And his reign is going to end come April. I find it odd that Punk, with his monumental reign and pledge to change the belt himself over a year earlier, did not present it.

How does it not make sense? The Rock is popular as heck to the 95% of the fanbase that isn't the IWC. IF the hero unveils it you'll want your parents to buy it for you!! Hell, the rock was practically BEGGING the crowd to say they liked it...and i must say they sounded reluctant. In the end they cheer more because 'rocky said to', then approval of the belt.

I had to look at the championship some more to appreciate it. When I first saw it, I didn't really care for the design. But after further examination, I like the new title. It's really not as bad as some people are making it out to be. It's stark, clean, simple. I also like that the side plates can be removed. There's nothing wrong with the new design; it's not too much, but it's not so little that it could be overlooked.

i think people are really over reacting it's not that bad of a belt i really like it for a few reasons

1) its different
2) its not the spinner belt
3) its a fresh new look and change

give it a month and i think it will start to grow on people

I think it's better than the spinner belt, but that doesn't say much. It has a similar shape to the US title, which I don't love.

I was hoping for more of an old-school design like the big gold belt/world title.

The bull custom plates are a nice touch for The Rock but obviously those are going to change to the design that they have on WWE shop, when Cena wins the belt.

First of all, I have to comment on this:
why are their shining jewels around it? This is worse then that GotDamn spinner belt.

The World Heavyweight Championship belt has jewels around it, too, you dumbass:

images

Are you saying it's ugly, too? :rolleyes:

proxy.jpg

Like a few others said earlier in this thread, when you view THIS design (without the Brahma Bull/customizable plates) this belt is absolutely gorgeous.

After viewing everyone's negative comments, the main culprit in this design seems to be the black background behind the WWE logo. You guys say it should be gold instead of black? Then here's what it would look like to have white on gold:

images

Sorry, but the white on gold scheme is one of the main factors that (I believe) made this belt hideous. That, and the spinner, gaudy, over-the-top aspects of the design. My point is that white on black looks 100x better than white on gold because, from a marketable standpoint, it makes the logo "pop." (I may sound like an interior designer but I'm right.)

This new belt is awesome. It's aesthetically pleasing, extremely marketable from a sales standpoint, and prominently features the logo which is the lifeblood of the company's advertising. Also, the belt is customizable as per each superstar that wears it (hence the brahma bull plates on the current belt. I'd imagine that CM Punk's version would have taped up hands with big X's on them.) So there's never going to be a need to have a biased, spinner-type belt again since this current one can adapt to any superstar. Kudos to the WWE.

Keep an open mind, people. you're all so quick to shit on everything.

Don't mind it, the bulls make it transitional although I've seen the WWE Shop version which has generic plates.

It's here and we have to accept it. We asked for a NEW title design, we didn't ask for a GREAT title design.

I had figured with WWE's recent direction with belts this might happen. The I-C redux was a fluke.

Not going to lie, thought we were going to see the attitude era belt when Rock was talking about prestigue and what not. While I am not happy about the design, I am not mad about it either. Still too early in the process to call it one way or another. Going to need to see a few different superstars with the belt before making a final decison. I am dissapointed that their is no eagle on the belt though.

I do like the belt but it looks too much like the UFC Heavyweight Belt. WWE says they are different from UFC but the belt looks like UFC's and when they got rid of Classics.com then WWE made the new page of classics too much like UFC's as well.

The emaciated fanboy who lives inside this hulking, chiselled mass that I call a body is currently curled up into the fetal position and weeping because it wasn't CM Punk who got to unveil the new belt - not even after over a year as WWE Champion. Whatever. I'm sure I'll get over it.

As for the actual belt, well, sorry, I don't like it. It's true, I've gone on record as saying I wanted a new championship belt, but I'm also on record as saying I don't really hate the spinner design that much. If it makes me a negative nancy to not automatically drop to my knees and suck the cock of anything which takes the place of the spinner belt, so be it. I had this insane fantasy in my head that what replaced the spinner would actually look better than the spinner.

The new belt just looks... off. Doesn't look like a toy? Well, Rock, fair enough, only it does. Doesn't spin? Well, Rock, fair enough, only neither did the other one - not for years. Maybe I'd be more keen on it if the crowd had given it a reaction which would seem out of place in a library.

I am not a fan of the new belt - my wife disagrees with me. She argues that it looks like a large ring, and that makes her think of a championship. I content that the overstated WWE logo makes it feel LESS like a World Championship.

I've always - ALWAYS - been partial to the first WWE Undisputed Championship belt, the Attitude Era belt, the Winged Eagle belt, the old WCW World Title before they used the big gold belt exclusively, and my all time favorite, the classic Intercontinental Title, which Cody Rhodes thankfully brought back. I like the circular globe design with symmetrical features more than something like this, which looks more like something JTG would wear around his neck.

I bet the main reason for this belt, as some other posters have mentioned, is that the WWE will make a killing off of this belt if the side plates are interchangeable. Just imagine:
Little Billy makes his parents buy him the new belt for, say, $49.99. Every main eventer will probably have his own set of plates, which WWE can charge like $9.99 each for. The title changes hands, here come new plates. I'd see a parent shelling out over $100+ for the belt/plates. I wouldn't be surprised that after Wrestlemania, when the Rock drops the title, we see new plates, and the title changing hands a lot up to Summer Slam.

Also, who would pay $450 for a replica WWE Belt??

Also, who would pay $450 for a replica WWE Belt??

You have watched WWE on television or ppv or DVD before right? I see fans carrying replica WWE championship belts out in the audience all the time on television. In every house show I've ever gone to, I've seen a good number of fans carrying replica championship belts. I've seen replica WWE Championships of the spinner belt design, replica WWE Championships of the Attitude Era design, the Smoking Skull design, the Undisputed WWE Championship design, I've seen replica Intercontinental Championships, replica World Heavyweight Championship belts, replica WWE Tag Team Championships. Hell, I've even seen the occasional Diva Championship replica. So yeah, there are plenty of people willing to chuck out hundreds of dollars to own a replica championship.

Some feel the design only takes away from the prestige of the title. Personally, I call bullshit on this because if it's not one thing, it seems to be another when it comes to title prestige. People complained about the WWE Championship changing hands too often and wanting longer title runs. So WWE made CM Punk the WWE Champion for 434 days, the longest reign in more than a quarter century. But then, people found something else to bitch about. They used the excuse of Punk not being a great champ or the title being misused just because Punk wasn't closing the show every night. They complain that the spinner title looked like a toy and wanted a change. Now, I see a ton of gripes because there are no eagles or globes anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back