• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New WWE Title Design (Keep it all in here!!!!)

I wish the belt looked a little more traditional but its not the way of the wrestling world these days so with that considered the new belt looks alright, I do prefer it over the spinner belt for example so from my POV the belt is at least an improvement.

Like others I prefer the winged eagle and the WHC design but you got to accept that its not how things are, at the end of the day its the design of a fucking belt, its not that big of a deal. The WWE panders to a younger audience and they will probably make a killing of this belt in merchandise so you can't really expect a classic, old school design.

Belt doesn't look great. If i'm honest I preferred the spinner (that didn't actually spin anymore). I feel the WWE logo looks too thin, and there should be some filler behind the logo itself, looks to plain.

I also think it's a kick in CM punks balls that Rocky got to reveal new belt and not punk after his long reign. But oh well, it wont stop me watching, nor will it stop Cena winning it at 'Mania

Also, who would pay $450 for a replica WWE Belt??

Even though its a replica, its still very close to the real thing. Same size, leather strap, and thick plates. I didn't get the $450 series replica (which I believe is the highest level until you get to the real thing) but rather the level below which was about 100 or 150 dollars less. I got the winged eagle title belt that Bret and Shawn wore during the 90's and it makes a fantastic centerpiece in my living room.

For me it was worth every penny.

The new belt is OK. It's better than the rap video reject we've had to suffer for the past 8 years, but it still looks like a Cena-specific belt, in my opinion.

I've always been partial to the Undisputed WWE Championship belt. It had a much sleeker design than the Attitude Era and Winged Eagle belts while still maintaining an air of tradition.

I am one of the fans that love the “Undisputed” WWE Championship Title Belt design and thought the designs of the Belt improved every time they updated and upgraded up to that point. The Undisputed Title, all versions of it, is my favorites to this day. As some of you know, I even bought a $1,000 version of it and really customized it as much as possible, financially.

I’m one of the fans that hated the “Spinner” WWE Championship Title Belt design, and wanted the damn thing removed from my television at No Mercy 2007. Ironically, I have 4 versions of the Spinner Belt, the Jakks version, the Jakks Electro-Vision version, the Mattel version, and the Commemorative version with the acrylic plastic (if it helps, I have 5 versions of the Big Gold Belt). The fact that the Spinner is my 4 year old Son’s favorite design should speak volumes on its marketability, considering that the G-Unit design is older that him.

With all that being said, I think this new WWE Championship Title Belt is good, only because it’s new. I like the innovative design. I think removing the nameplate was a mistake, but it will make things easier for me when I get the Mattel version of this new Belt and not have to worry about breaking out the label maker. I think the side plates the Rock debut last night was a nice, temporary, touch. I think the side plates featured in WWEShop.com looks great and seeing the screws on the side plates itself, tells me it will be interchangeable. It reminds me of the WMAC Belt (Google it). If I ever owned the Ultra Deluxe version of this belt, I’d like to have the Rock’s logo plate on the right and Stone Cold Steve Austin’s logo plate on the left. Hell, I might even buy all the side plates the WWE releases just to collect them all…okay, maybe not all. The WWE has already made a killing off me. What’s another few $100?? Hey, Mattel, I’m still waiting for my local Wal-Mart / K-Mart / Target to carry the current Intercontinental Belt. Hurry up and release your version of this new WWE Belt.

TBH the belt looks like something you buy at Toys R Us! Its ugly in design and the audience pretty much agreed last night that it was ugly. The belt looks awkward and is just too in design.

Really the brahma bulls on the side of the belt? I love the rock i really do but to me he is in suiting that he is the founder of the belt. The only picture of someone who belongs on a side of the belt is Muhammad Ali! They went old school with the IC belt i do miss the winged eagle belt now that belt kicked ass.

I really thought we were past the stage of the bling era. I know the WWE is marketed towards kids but damn they could have tried a little harder with the belt not to make it look like a toy

I hated it when I initially saw it. Mainly because the rumored pic of what the belt was going to look like was actually the main plate and not just one of the side plates like I had hoped.

But after seeing it with the interchangeable plates on the side, I think it looks pretty good. Now the WWE doesn't have to go through the trouble of making a whole new belt when a new wrestler wins like they did for Cena, Austin, Edge, etc.

The belt is ugly! It looks awkward to carry around and IMO is uglier than than the spinner belt which i didnt think was possible. The Brahma bulls on the side are you kidding me? Really you could see the belt from space its so big and to say it looks like a toy is an understatement.

I know the WWE is marketed towards children but they could have brought back some version of the Winged eagle title IMO. Get rid of the Brahma bulls and Diamonds the bling era shit is over. Sometimes i feel like the adults are getting left out the kids have no idea who the Rock was in the attitude era they only know him through movies and us telling him about him.

TBH the belt looks like something you buy at Toys R Us! Its ugly in design and the audience pretty much agreed last night that it was ugly. The belt looks awkward and is just too in design.

Really the brahma bulls on the side of the belt? I love the rock i really do but to me he is in suiting that he is the founder of the belt. The only picture of someone who belongs on a side of the belt is Muhammad Ali! They went old school with the IC belt i do miss the winged eagle belt now that belt kicked ass.

I really thought we were past the stage of the bling era. I know the WWE is marketed towards kids but damn they could have tried a little harder with the belt not to make it look like a toy

The belt is ugly! It looks awkward to carry around and IMO is uglier than than the spinner belt which i didnt think was possible. The Brahma bulls on the side are you kidding me? Really you could see the belt from space its so big and to say it looks like a toy is an understatement.

I know the WWE is marketed towards children but they could have brought back some version of the Winged eagle title IMO. Get rid of the Brahma bulls and Diamonds the bling era shit is over. Sometimes i feel like the adults are getting left out the kids have no idea who the Rock was in the attitude era they only know him through movies and us telling him about him.

Maybe you should repeat yourself for a THIRD time. LULZ.

Why should the WWE repeat any type of design from the past? Don't you know by now that the WWE is about moving into the future and not looking back into the past?

We get it. YOU liked the eagle design. I liked it, too. But why should the WWE bring back old school designs, ideas, and replicas? How are they supposed to move into the future when they're too busy being stuck in the past on things like their title belt?

One thing about the belt that hasn't really been talked about is how it will look when someone is actually wearing it. The Rock tweeted a picture of himself with the title earlier, and, in typical Rock fashion, he has it slung over his shoulder. Here's the pic.

I don't like the way it looks in that picture. Maybe it's just the way Rocky has it slung, but it doesn't look very good when worn over the shoulder like that. Now that I feel this way, I'm actually pretty eager to see someone wear it around their waist. Some folks have said it looks like a Super Bowl ring, and I can see where they're coming from. Hopefully, like a ring, this new WWE Championship just looks better when its fastened and circular.

I realize most forum members here are incapable of change and I expected the huge amounts of backlash the WWE would receive for putting this awful belt on their program. Yeah, my initial response - shit's ugly. Funny enough though, it's growing on me. I wake up and see Rock's picture with the belt on my Facebook news feed and he did make the title look bad ass. Given the bulls on the side plates of the belt, it's hard to imagine that this belt will stay around without the sides being redone so that fixes that problem. I would gladly take any other belt over this one but I don't have a huge problem with it. Like many other belts in the past, I'm almost positive this will grow on me and it has. Same goes for most of you.

Just look at it...
535477_10151555127889384_347695305_n.jpg

For those complaining that its not the Eagle belt, please stfu. Its never coming back as the actual title design, get over it. You want it so bad? BUY IT. Then you could see it every day.

Now, about the new title. :)

It seems like more is different with the Belt Rock had than just the sideplates. It looked dull, washed out, and just plain. I've been hoping for a new Title design for a few years (even though I liked the "Spinner"), and seeing the TV one, I was a bit disappointed. However, the picture of the WWEShop.com version makes me want the title. Makes me wish I had money to blow to buy it. It just looks NICE. I think the real reason people don't like it is because they were banking on one of the former designs to come back, and set their mind on it just to be disappointed when this one was revealed.

It will grow on you. You got used to the spinner, you'll get used to this one.

And as far as the sideplates go, I don't think they will change with each holder. I just think it was The Rock being The Rock. There wasn't a nameplate on the Eagle belt everyone keeps wanting to return because it doesn't NEED a Nameplate. Whoever had the belt is Champion, you don't need to read their name on the title to know who. If someone steals the title like CM Punk did, it will leave those non-hardcore fans that haven't wacthed Raw or smackdown every week fall into what the Heel would want them to do, believe they are champion. If the sideplates do change, it will be cool, if not, its fine.

I like it. Then again, I never really hated the spinner belt either, but it had long overstayed its welcome. This new belt is simple, but I think it's actually a really nice design. There's not too much going on, it's not a jumbled mess of designs, it's just a straightforward WWE Championship belt. I know a lot of people are clamoring for an old design to return, but I don't see that happening. This is the WWE's flagship belt, it's a representation of their company, in a way. D-Man mentioned something similar, but they're going to want that belt to signify the new generation, a new era -- no need to throw it back to an older belt, even if the champion is a remnant from another era.

The belt looks fine.

I like it better than the spinner belt but it isn't as good as I hoped it would be they should have gone down the eagle belt path design like others have said

As an OldSchool Fan I personally think they should have went with a more classic design....like bring back the Eagle belt or some variation.

I have thought for sometime though that the World Heavyweight Championship, that Del Rio currently holds....should be used as the most prestigious of the two championships. That design looks elegant, regal and championshiplike. It was also the design that was held by some huge names in the wrestling business. But I believe it isn't given that spot because it was the WcW belt for so very long.

In closing, this belt is better than the spinner....but it's still not a winner

Meh, they should have brought back the Undisputed belt imo, was pretty cool.
UFC has some pretty nice designed belt too. This one isn't very good... too much black and way too big.

As he was going on and on about legends this, legends that, I thought we would see the reemergence of the winged eagle belt or maybe even the attitude era belt but instead...we get this piece of garbage. Personally, I never had a problem with the spinner belt but I could why some people would call it a toy. But this one? this piece of hot garbage?
~NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

TBH, it looks like the spinner WWE Logo crossed with the US belt.

Im not a fan of this belt (whichever variation), but if they can bring back the classic IC belt, why not the the Undisputed belt (IMO was the better belt, I have one hanging on my wall)

I likeSure beats the TNA World Title that Jeff Hardy broke out and looks like a Divas Belt.

Im not a fan of Jeff's belts either (again whichever variation), but im also not a fan of TNA's current title belt either, they should have sticked with the winged belt before Jeff became champion.

Either way, im hoping the new WWE title belt disappears sooner rather that later.

Meh, its not the worst title WWE's produced. I think the bull customization is what makes it look worse. Also, it seems a little too big. Rock just posted a pic of him with the title on his fb account and believe me, if it looks big on Rock it will be overkill when a guy like Punk gets it back. But other than that, its fine. I initially thought WWE would bring back Rock's unused Brahma Bull title, but I guess this works fine.

Ugh, when he was talking about all the legends who have held the title I really thought he was going to bring the eagle belt back. Instead, we get this garbage.

As the Rock was talking I was hoping for the return of the eagle belt like many others were as well.

I realize at this point they've already had so many different designs, but the best thing they could do is go back to the winged eagle and stick with it permanently.

But I would've loved to see the "Winged Eagle" Championship back.

If they want to save this belt, they need to take out the bling and replace the black background with a gold plate with an etching of an eagle and globe like the old designs.

Bring back the only belt worth showing, the Winged Eagle design and it's variants everything else sucks in comparison tho the third Undisputed title did incorporate half of the winged eagle title design aswell

Some variation of the winged eagle would have been better.

Belt is horrible. I was expecting the winged eagle belt with the way he wasgoing on about past superstars!

I am dissapointed that their is no eagle on the belt though.

I know the WWE is marketed towards children but they could have brought back some version of the Winged eagle title IMO.

I like it better than the spinner belt but it isn't as good as I hoped it would be they should have gone down the eagle belt path design like others have said

As an OldSchool Fan I personally think they should have went with a more classic design....like bring back the Eagle belt or some variation.

♠ Spades ♠;4340251 said:
As he was going on and on about legends this, legends that, I thought we would see the reemergence of the winged eagle belt or maybe even the attitude era belt but instead...we get this piece of garbage.

Wow. I mean... just.... WOW. This is what you all look and sound like.

What the FUCK is so special about a bird on a title belt? Why does the WWE need to repeat when they can create? The company wants to move into the future, not the past. Who gives two shits about the belt having a globe or an eagle on it?

I don't see a globe or eagle on this:
images

...or this one:
images

...or this one:
images

...or this one:
images

These belts look perfectly fine to me. They advertise their promotion and carry a champion's distinction. I mean, what is the big deal? You guys are ridiculous.

What the FUCK is so special about a bird on a title belt? Why does the WWE need to repeat when they can create? The company wants to move into the future, not the past. Who gives two shits about the belt having a globe or an eagle on it?

images

...or this one:
images

...or this one:
images

...or this one:
images

These belts look perfectly fine to me. They advertise their promotion and carry a champion's distinction. I mean, what is the big deal? You guys are ridiculous.

Couldn't agree more here. I don't see what the big deal with the Eagle belt is. Granted, it's quite nice, but it doesn't have to make a comeback.

I was on the fence at first with the new title, but when I saw the picture with the WWE logo on the side panels instead of the Bulls, I really liked it. I think it's just the Bulls turning me off of it right now.

tumblr_m53neeIXnl1qgipcbo1_400.png
535477_10151555127889384_347695305_n.jpg

For those not aware, I'll just take the liberty to inform you that the Punk picture is photosopped. But in all seriousness heres a side by side comparison. My biggest complaint is the new belt is ridiculously over-sized. It looks like WWE wanted brand Rock with the WWE logo so it would be absolutely impossible to miss during the PR work that he does. The winged eagle belt has a sort of elegance to it, a sort of distinction that makes it edgy yet versatile enough for the majority of the roster. I understand the company wanting to move forward, but with the intercontinental title getting a retro redo and the man carrying the WWE title being a WWE legend, they could've done a better job.

like alot of people said about that second pic from a few months ago the first poster showed i think the belt is an overglorified side plate. It looks a bit better and a bit more stable and less loud but the prominent WWE logo makes it seem like this companies title is more about WWE then the second 'W' in WWE..

Did you stop and think, "hey, maybe that's exactly the point".

Technically we're to believe that neither the first nor second "W" in WWE means anything now. The company was re-branded as simply WWE as opposed to those letters being an acronym for World Wrestling Entertainment.

This company wants you to recognize it has two "Main Event" titles, not two "World" titles.

The Smackdown title/Big Gold holder is the "World" Champion, and as champion of the "world" he is the secondary main event title holder.

The primary main event title holder isn't merely the World's champion, in the company's eyes he is something even bigger, he is their champion. The Champion of the world's biggest wrestling company. He is champion of the WWE. The new main plate is simply a giant WWE logo and the word champion. In that vein it quite clearly screams that it's holder is the "WWE Champion" exactly as he is billed.

images

...or this one:
images

...or this one:
images

...or this one:
images

Listen guy, I really don't care about eagles or globes--point is, the way rock was hyping the belt up, he made it seem like they were going to kick old school and bring back an old belt.
~I'm sorry for taking his words seriously.
Also, playback RAW right after he unveiled the title, look/listen to that reaction. Was it good? NO! The crowd seemed disappointed with this crap belt. The Rock had to "attempt" to hype them up about it so the new belt could actually garner some approval.
to end--
~we're ridiculous? all of this is opinion, I have mine, you have yours, the people on this site has theirs, and obviously the crowd had theirs so keep your asinine comments about people being ridiculous just because they have an opinion

♠ Spades ♠;4340357 said:
Also, playback RAW right after he unveiled the title, look/listen to that reaction. Was it good? NO! The crowd seemed disappointed with this crap belt. The Rock had to "attempt" to hype them up about it so the new belt could actually garner some approval.

I've seen it and listened. The crowd seemed to be in awe and taking it all in. That doesn't necessarily mean they loved it or hated it. So for you to make that assumption is kind of jumping the gun and completely opinionated, don't you think?

~we're ridiculous?

Yes. You saw how I showed all of you how many sheep there are on this site, right?

all of this is opinion, I have mine, you have yours, the people on this site has theirs, and obviously the crowd had theirs so keep your asinine comments about people being ridiculous just because they have an opinion

You seem to misunderstand. It's not ridiculous that you all have an opinion. What's ridiculous is that your opinions are all so sheep-like and similar. None of you EVER accept change. All you want to do is live in the past and keep trying to reinvent the wheel. You're the same crowd who wanted ECW to return, Christian to be world champion, RVD to rule the world and John Cena to turn heel.

I pity any of you that ever wish to run a business. You would all catch lightning in a bottle once and recycle the same ideas over and over again only to go belly-up within a few years of your inception. The WWE has proven time and time again that recycling the past is a recipe for failure on most occasion (Of course, there are exceptions like Rock vs. Cena II at WM29.)

If none of you are willing to shift into the future and stop living in the past, you are being ridiculous. I wish some of you would realize that the WWE is a business. They do what they do to make money. You all keep treating it like they're court jesters that are here for your personal entertainment. Ok, "guy"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back