• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New WWE Title Design (Keep it all in here!!!!)

Such a pathetic design seriously. If we were going to get this piece of shit, I rather keep the spinner belt. Yes the spinner belt is bad, but not as bad as that piece of shit right there.

The Rock was speaking about how when a new person watches wrestling, he would want the person to be inspired by the belt, how the fuck is anyone going to be inspired by that?

That looks like a piece of shit, why are their shining jewels around it? This is worse then that GotDamn spinner belt.

As opposed too?

wwe-raw-spinning-championship-commemorative-belt-[2]-3609-p.jpg

Seriously, I feel like half of the gripes here are just being made because people didn't get a center piece with a flock eagles humping planet earth. The only legitimate gripe I think there is, is the fact that it looks a lot like the U.S. title in shape. Sure it isn't "old school", but I feel like Lariat hit the nail on the head with his post:

Few things to bring up.

It's a custom belt. Notice the Rock's horn logo on the sides? Doesn't mean this belt is set in stone in it's current look.

Second, the belt doesn't suck as bad as the spinner belt. It looks like a title belt and the point of the belt is to market the belt as the WWE title. It pales in comparison to the World Heavyweight Title, but it'll look better once someone else has the title. Let's hope Cena doesn't regain the belt and take it back to the spinner.

Third, the belt HAS to look like a toy, despite what Rock says. WWE is trying to market the belt toward kids, and even though I personally liked the Eagle title belt from the says of Hogan, Hart, and so on, most kids don't. It's all about the mon-ay!

So it could be worse, but it could be better... and actually might end up better when it's all said and done.

I like the new design. Hell anything is an improvement over the spinner and the picture that Vincent Michaels posted from shop.com looks badass. I like the fact that it's less gaudy than the old one. It's certainly more fit for a champion.

Here's my thoughts on this:

Whether I like it or not, I completely understand why things must change every few years, the entrance way, the theme songs, the ring aprons, etc. etc. You have to keep things fresh and relevant. However, I think this should apply to everything in wrestling except for 1 single item, care to guess what that item is? THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE BELT.

It's funny how in so many ways the WWE attempts to emulate aspects of other sports, but the one thing they probably should be emulating they don't. So I'll just spell it out. In all of professional sports, the NFL you have the Lombardi trophy, NHL the Stanley Cup, etc. etc. those organizations change up things all the time, team logos, stadiums, etc. but they NEVER change the championship, and you know why? BECAUSE THEY REPRESENT HISTORY, LEGACY, LINEAGE, TRADITION. The title belt is the one element that unifies generations, think of how incredible it would be to see a video package with every WWE champion from the last 60 years, and they all had the same belt? To know that in 2013 The Rock is holding the same title that Bruno or Hogan did before him. It would mean something! I realize at this point they've already had so many different designs, but the best thing they could do is go back to the winged eagle and stick with it permanently.

It seems to be a consensus that nearly every fan likes it, and it carries the most value in that guys like Hogan, Austin, Michaels, Hart, Warrior, Undertaker, etc. all held it. Bringing back the old IC title was one of the best moves they could've made, they just need to restore honor to it, but that's a whole other topic. Bottom line: this belt looks like cheap shit, like a toy, and does nothing to speak of the heritage it should encompass. It is a mockery, just like the spinner before it, of the rich history the title should represent. The WHC in that regard is a far more valuable belt.

Before everyone has a tantrum that it has bulls as side plates, it's obviously there until Rock drops the belt at Mania (hopefully he will drop it to CM Punk but even I'm certain that Cena is walking out with the belt sadly). If you go to WWE shop and check out their title belts, you will see that the side plates have a red world logo instead of the bulls. Honestly I don't mind this belt and it doesn't bother me since it actually says the word "Champion" not "Champ". The color scheme reminds me of the Undisputed Championship belt used back in 2002 which I liked. But I would've loved to see the "Winged Eagle" Championship back. When I looked at it I didn't think of a belt, I thought of a championship.

Not a fan of it's design personally. I don't like the alignment of the M and the P, to me they make the belt look kind of lopsided in it's symmetry. The WWE Logo I understand that of course it'll be on the belt but I don't like that they have part of the logo obscured. I'd rather the spinner design back, I always liked the design of it, didn't like that it spun when they got rid of that I was happy with it.

I like that it does have the full "champion" on it rather than "champ" but I just think the alignment is right on it. and on the toy belt the black space behind the logo just bothers me for some reason.

I like the new design. Hell anything is an improvement over the spinner and the picture that Vincent Michaels posted from shop.com looks badass. I like the fact that it's less gaudy than the old one. It's certainly more fit for a champion.

I agree. I think the belt on Raw looked fine, but when the Rock loses the title and if they go with the version showing up on WWE shop, then I think they'll have a belt on par with the winged eagle and the Attitude Era version. The version on WWE shop is a helluva looking belt. The version on WWE shop seems to have more red on the belt with gives it more of a flavor so to speak.

I hope they go with that version on WWE shop, if they do, they will have an excellent looking belt, although the one on Raw was solid too.

Is it just me or wasn’t it the fact that the spinner belt looked like a bejeweled nightmare and it said champ instead of champion that people didn’t like? That’s what I hated about it but the actual design was very interesting, an oval with the ends bent in and the layers so they could put in a spinning center made it kind of cool as long as it didn’t actually spin. As for the new belt, it is basically a baseball home plate with the WWE logo in it and it’s still bejeweled. After looking at the official belt posted earlier, the side plates are great but it’s the goddamn bling that I just can’t stand along with it being a giant class ring as others have already pointed out. If they want to save this belt, they need to take out the bling and replace the black background with a gold plate with an etching of an eagle and globe like the old designs.

like alot of people said about that second pic from a few months ago the first poster showed i think the belt is an overglorified side plate. It looks a bit better and a bit more stable and less loud but the prominent WWE logo makes it seem like this companies title is more about WWE then the second 'W' in WWE..

The second WWWF title held by the likes of Superstar Billy Graham emphasized my view of what a wrestling title belt should depict and glorify, competition and prestige. The gold plates and jewels and ring depictions epitomized that. Eagles rising like Phoenixes followed suit and also got the point across.

Wwwfchampionship.jpg

The bulls on the side plates barely work too. Its not that bulls dont represent toughness its just they seem like "Rocky bulls" which showcase unnatural eye brow movements for a bovine..

My INITIAL reaction when Rock first pulled the cover off was "wow not much of a change from the spinner belt" but the more I looked at it and viewed it on wweshop.com, it grew on me. To those hating the huge logo, I think it's a smart move. The logo SHOULD stand out. I've seen adults and kids walking in public wearing the title and to the non-fan the older titles just look like "oh it's a wrestling title" but this one you say "oh that's the WWE title". It's all about branding which IS SMART. Plus it's a title that people will want to buy. The IWC can claim to love the winged eagle belts all day long but the fact is NO ONE WANTED TO BUY IT. The thought of owning the title didn't become popular until Cena debuted the spinner belt.

I am a huge fan of the side plates being interchangeable like I feel they will be based on who is the champion. One of the many Cena logos for Cena, brahma bull for rock, the hand holding lightning logo for Punk, an upside down M for Miz, etc. As I feel it makes the customization more visible as you can never read the name plates. My question is will the name plates eventually be for sale so fans can customize the title or create their own side logo. That could be huge money for WWE.

The IWC can claim to love the winged eagle belts all day long but the fact is NO ONE WANTED TO BUY IT. The thought of owning the title didn't become popular until Cena debuted the spinner belt.

Gonna have to disagree with you on this one. At the time the winged eagle belt was still in use the only version of it available for sale was a really, really crappy cheap belt that was made of soft foam with a thin plastic plate for the belt and it didn't even really look anything like the belt. The era of high quality replica belts didn't start until around '99 sometime, at which point that belt was no longer in use.

Fans (but specifically kids) only want the belt if their favorite guy is holding it. If Cena or Ryder or Ryback or Sheamus, or someone along those lines were holding the winged eagle I guarantee there would be no noticeable difference in sales between that and the spinner belt.

I like it. It's minimalist, clean, and traditional. You people would be saying the exact same shit about any belt that's not the one from the *~*Attitude Era*~*.

I actually like the new belt a lot. It's more of a modern design than anything they've ever had. It's clean and concise and unlike, well, every other wrestling belt in the last 30 years, it's not gaudy in the least.

Oh, and if CM punk debuted this belt, you fools would be all over it like stink on shit. This belt actually fits Punk's current character to a tee, due to it's minimalist design. I don't think we will be seeing Cena walk out of Mania as champion any more.

You know I hate this whole idea that C.M Punk fans would love EVERY single thing that wwe does wrong if CM Punk would have done it, idk if that makes sense how I worded that, idk if its just a broad generalization or what, but its idiotic to say the least. I'm a HUGE C.M Punk fan, and IF he were the one to debut this belt, I would be saying the SAME thing about the title that I'm saying now...its UGLY, looks like no effort was put into it, very lazy design. As someone said "why wouldn't they put a huge wwe logo on the wwe championship"....well you don't really have to do that..if you experienced any title before the spinner you would know that. The winged eagle belt looked like a prestigious title, the 2002 undisputed title was very beautiful as well, very sophisticated look, it looked like how a championship title should look. This new belt, is just plain, something a kid probably designed. No doubt its only temporary though, there is no nameplate, so meh, i'd rather have the spinner back to be honest.

My INITIAL reaction when Rock first pulled the cover off was "wow not much of a change from the spinner belt" but the more I looked at it and viewed it on wweshop.com, it grew on me. To those hating the huge logo, I think it's a smart move. The logo SHOULD stand out. I've seen adults and kids walking in public wearing the title and to the non-fan the older titles just look like "oh it's a wrestling title" but this one you say "oh that's the WWE title". It's all about branding which IS SMART. Plus it's a title that people will want to buy. The IWC can claim to love the winged eagle belts all day long but the fact is NO ONE WANTED TO BUY IT. The thought of owning the title didn't become popular until Cena debuted the spinner belt.

I am a huge fan of the side plates being interchangeable like I feel they will be based on who is the champion. One of the many Cena logos for Cena, brahma bull for rock, the hand holding lightning logo for Punk, an upside down M for Miz, etc. As I feel it makes the customization more visible as you can never read the name plates. My question is will the name plates eventually be for sale so fans can customize the title or create their own side logo. That could be huge money for WWE.

The most I can agree with, NO TOLERATE changing frequently is a name plate but even then I don't always like that. A wrestler shouldn't put their touch on a title and in the confines of this universe a wrestler being able to declare belts as titles undermines the power and authority of titles. If the Rock can make the Brahama belt and Austin the Smoking Skull and Hardy his goolish metalic spectacle why do they even bother to compete against the actual champion? If you wanna be champ just pull a custom belt out of no where waalaa your valid..

Its the same principle with the side plates with the additional of the fact that a lack of a baseline makes the belt seem unstable. a common denominator doesn't compensate for an absent baseline. There must be continuity for run of the mill title changes.. The only thing that contradicts my view is moments in like 1998 when you see Goldberg holding up a WCW belt with Hogan on the name plate and NWO spray painted on it, then that highlights the seriousness of the bout and how great odds were defeated. If a dominant champion customizes it he had better be king of the hill for awhile and there cant be brief title switches in his reign. You almost have to be in your own league to put your touch on a belt design.

As for it saying WWE, I think the reason while the NWA World title in 1987 just said World Heavyweight Champion is because they felt their title was the main title in wrestling, the true descendent of the original title from the early 1900s, and that other groups/companies did exist but the lack of logo in itself was a showcasing of a type of pecking order amongst federations..

I was initially turned off by the design, but only because of the Brahma bull side plates. It's obvious now that those are just for show, and will likely disappear once the Rock drops the title. It's like the Smoking Skull belt that Austin had.

proxy.jpg

Now that belt looks awesome. It's not overly complex, but at the same time it really pops with the rubies and diamonds set in gold around a black leather background. It's a design that could easily appeal to adults and children. Honestly I think that is one of the best designs for a company title - especially in this era, that WWE could have. What's not to love about it?

Honestly, the belt they have on WWE shop isn't too bad...the side plate design would actually go better as the MAIN plate...the main plate would be better as side plates...they have it backwards

My only real problem with the new belt design is the background behind the WWE logo. It should have been gold, this looks kind of ugly. I've certainly seen worse belts though. At least it doesn't look like the Divas Championship, or even worse, that horrible Immortal belt Jeff Hardy used in TNA. I'll give this new belt a chance and quite honestly anyone else who is complaining in here about it should too. I'll admit I didn't like it at first and do think the background behind the logo makes the main plate look ugly, however it isn't the ugliest championship belt I've seen.

I like the point that JSV_IS_AMAZING made, the side plate's design as the main plate could have looked really cool. A huge red globe behind the logo in the middle would look a lot less boring than the generic background they have used on the middle plate. I'm not surprised by the complaints at all. Even if they had brought back the winged eagle design someone somehow would still have found something to whine about. There's just no way to make some portions of the fanbase happy. Give WWE credit for finally moving on with a new belt design, one that honestly could work once we get used to it. Could be better, but could have been infinitely worse.

When I first saw it, I thought it looked like a birthday cake.

But all in all the design is fine, those who are hating it with a passion need to chill out. The brahma bulls aren't going to stay, the side plates will probably change with each holder since their isn't a name plate. I'm okay with that since the side plates aren't the centerpiece, and it could be a cool way to add a slightly unique touch for each title holder with being overly distracting.

Overall, the design is decent. It's really nowhere near as bad as some people are making it out to be.

The new WWE title belt looks like a thing of beauty! The John Cena spinner belt era has officially come to an end! The new WWE belt will be a thing to be remembered in the future of the company. Something that you can tip your hat too. But when are the E going to do something about the world heavyweight championship? It's run it's course. The WWE changed the model of the ECW championship during the run of the ECW brand in the early years. Why not the WWE WHC?

Alot of the newer guys who's won the belt doesn't fit the part of the history behind the title from the NWA/WCW days.

Not a huge fan of the new belt. It seems like the center plate design screams Championship Ring to me for some reason. Is it an improvement over the Spinner, yes. Is it the best design that they could have come up with? No.

When the rumored design leaked last year, I thought that the belt would be horrible. I like the fact that they are using a black contrast behind the WWE Logo, it does make the design pop a little more. I could do without the jewels, but that was a design call by WWE.

I'll give the belt a chance, but at this time, I have to give it a solid C.

Better then the spinner belt but still awfull. Bring back the only belt worth showing, the Winged Eagle design and it's variants everything else sucks in comparison tho the third Undisputed title did incorporate half of the winged eagle title design aswell

Come on if the bring back the classic IC title why not (to quote Ric Flair cerca 1991) Reveal the Real Worlds Championship

If you look at the picture on WWE Shop, I noticed the side plates have screws around the the WWE Globe on each plate. Which means I think instead of nameplates as some have mentioned, I believe this is an actual sign there could be superstar logos there for whoever is the champion.

As for the belt itself, I'm a fan of it. It looks like a legitimate championship unlike the spinner belt. It might be big and kinda bulky, but maybe we just need to get used to it.

This design is NOT better than the spinner. At least the spinner looked heavy, laden with gold and a real HEAVYWEIGHT championship. This title looks damn cheap and I hope not just the sides but the entire belt is transitional.

It definitely has a more prestigious appearance than the spinner belt. And it's probably going to be the design for the next few years to come. CM Punk throwing the spinner belt down and saying "I want that one" lends to the argument. I'm content with the appearance (it looks better without the bull logos on the side), and I think it's a refreshing and needed change. I do however find it strange that CM Punk was not the presenter of this belt. The Rock is a transitional champion. And his reign is going to end come April. I find it odd that Punk, with his monumental reign and pledge to change the belt himself over a year earlier, did not present it.

The Spinner belt looked much much better than this. This isn't a minimalist design...this is an absolute lack of design. The picture posted from wweshop.com looks better but the belt that The Rock showcased was very different from it. Doesn't sceram championship material to me.

Some variation of the winged eagle would have been better. I liked the belt that Brock Lesnar won. I didn't like the Attitude Era belt that much...it's design was 2D and nothing ever came out clear except for a giant round shape. This belt is...just plain undesreving of being called the WWE Championship.

The crowd at Raw didn't like it either. Their cheer at the end looked like they didn't want to upset Rock by not cheering or else he may have just turn all Hollywood on them. So they just gave in.

It's ok definatley better than the Spinner Belt but I think its in the bland side. I would think adding more on the black areas would make this much better.

EDIT:

Side plates are interesting ... I can see the WWE really profit for this in their merchandise. Either getting Superstar specific plates (i.e. Punk, Cena, etc) or order a custom one from the WWE.

Also I saw the Belt from a different angle from WZ. And the reflection of the Jewel encrusted WWE logo helps the black area look a little more colorful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back