Is anyone else scared of what a new WWE Title could look like?

Ricardo Del Rio

Dark Match Jobber
This is my first of many threads on WZ, and I'd like to start off by agreeing with the majority of internet fans, by saying the WWE needs a new WWE title. John Cena brought in the spinner belt, that doesn't even spin anymore, as part of his gimmick. It wasn't bad for a short period of time but when he lossed the strap, it should have went back to it's old design which was the Undisputed title. Unfortunately, it did not, and seven years later, we are still stuck with the stupid thing. Now with that being said, am I the only one who is scared of what a new title design could look like? As I said, it needs to happen, but I am still scared of how it could turn out and what we could be stuck with seeing for years to come. For example, WWE's recent graphic designs on championship belts, have not been very good the past few years, in my opinion. Let's take a look at some recent designs.

P-DIVAS.gif

A butterfly? Really? I know it's a women's title but still, a butterfly is too cheesy. The colors just don't blend either.

Wwe-champ-title-belt--ecw-championship.jpg

This title was just too big! It looked awkward on guys like Christian. The color scheme is also not the best. The silver plate was too dark and it looked almost as dark as the strap.

wwe-2010-tag-team-replica-belt-01.gif

Just a disaster. It looks more like a toy than it does a WWE title. It makes me sick to look at it. The whole emperor helmet thing or whatever it is looks ridiculous. I just don't like.

The current WWE title has grown stale and everyone is anticipating a new one, but like me, are you also a little scared of how it could turn out?

MOD NOTE:
This is a non-spam area, guys. Do not spam or you risk getting an infraction.

Yes I am, and when I read your title the first thing I thought of was the new Tag Team title. Looks like Vince had one of his grandson's design it.

The Undisputed title was my all time favorite design, just looks like a proper title as does the WHC. I wish they would just bring back the Undisputed title, it would look good on everyone. The "spinner" title looks awkward on guys like Triple H, and I couldn't even imagine Undertaker or Kane holding it.

I hope when The Rock wins it at RR, he debuts his Braumah Bull title he never got to use during the Attitude era until the new title is revealed when he drops the WWE title.

As long as the rumours of this replacing the "Spinner" aren't true...because that is horrible...it's only a template of what the new belt might look like but, horrible describes it lightly...

wwebelt_large.jpg

I actually really like the departure in visual aesthetic they went for on the tag titles. I've always been a fan of bronze and copper, and I think the design is good as well. I like the gladiators, a lot.

But the Butterfly Championship is an abomination. It stands as an affront to all of the progress women's wrestling has made over the last two decades.

As long as the rumours of this replacing the "Spinner" aren't true...because that is horrible...it's only a template of what the new belt might look like but, horrible describes it lightly...

wwebelt_large.jpg

Abomination is a bit more accurate! When I first saw pics leak a few months ago, I was horrified. They had Orange County Chopper's Rick Petko working on that "template". I really hope they decided to go a different direction.

wwe-2010-tag-team-replica-belt-01.gif

Just a disaster. It looks more like a toy than it does a WWE title. It makes me sick to look at it. The whole emperor helmet thing or whatever it is looks ridiculous. I just don't like.

The current WWE title has grown stale and everyone is anticipating a new one, but like me, are you also a little scared of how it could turn out?

The helmet is actually based off the Spartan warrior. I get the symbolism of the design, though I don't think it really works. I do like the bronze finish though. Set's the Tag Belts apart.

I loved the WWE redesign of the ECW Championship, I think it looked far more like what a world championship should look like, now that it finally was one. I don't mind the more feminine design of the Divas Championship, but I absolutely hate the current WWE Tag Team Championship. They look like giant pennies.

I, like probably alot of people, hope that they do some kind of re-vamp of the old winged-eagle title. I loved that they brought back the old IC title.

When it comes to the new WWE Championship design, I must say I'm a little worried. It looks more like an imitation of the present WWE Title design rather than an altogether original creation. I would enjoy something that reflects CM Punk's attitude and demeanor while not being a blatant attempt at creating something too gawdy. Perhaps something that is symbolic of a revolution since that's what Punk's title reign may end up being best remembered for given his call for change and new beginnings. I hope they find this design, because the one they have now is, as I alluded to above, just more of the same. CM Punk has been a wonderful chapter in the WWE Championship's history and the belt should be made to reflect all that he's done for its legacy in the 21st century.

At this point i think anything is better than the spinner belt. But yeah, i get what you're saying. They have made some pretty less than impressive belts. From the leaked pictures it kind of looks like they took the current WWE Championship and combined it with the old Light Heavyweight Championship.

I don't really mind the Wwe title, or the pennies. As a kid I always looked at the tag belts as being to similar to the regular titles. I see people bitching about belts looking like toys. But no mention of the Us title? I looks like crap and has since Big show had if before Cena made a spinner out of it.

I don't like the Divas title, but all the hate for the tag belts is kind of stupid. Its easy to notice, and you know what it is.

I don't think Punk needs his own belt though, I think a regular WWE title would do good for him, but I do think he should be the one to bring it out. Something to get the image of Cena off the belt.

I don't mind that when I think of the title, I know it's Cena's design. But I wouldn't want them to make a belt just for Punk, I've never companys doing it for wrestlers.

I'd love them to bring back a design similar to the WWE Undisputed title. Perfect time for CM Punk to debut one would be after he eclipses John Cena's 380'some days as champ, retiring the title and Cena's record.

I like both the ECW title and the Tag Titles. I've always appreciated both copper and silver titles, it makes the belts seem more unique. I also appreciate deviating slightly from the typical title shape.

Now, the spinner is just plain awful, and the leaked images of what a new WWE title may look like are nearly as bad. So there is definitely cause for alarm.

But any hate for the ECW or Tag titles I don't support.

The expression is "Go for the gold." not "Go for the silver." or "Go for the penny you can put in a machine at an amusement part and it becomes a souvenier." The Tag titles are atrocious, same with the ECW and Women's titles. The Undisputed Title really wasn't all that great either, but it's like diving into a tub full of tits compared to this newly proposed title, and the Spinner (that no longer spins) belt.

First, great thread, second, yes I am scared. Like you, I didn't like the Diva's title or the Tag Team title...I didn't mind the ECW title, but I don't like it being silver, all titles should be gold. Silver and bronze... In my eyes it just makes them look like they are worth so much less because of it.

I wouldn't mind them bringing back the old Undisputed title or attitude era one... So that's my opinion on that.

WHAT I DO WANT TO TALK ABOUT however is the straps themselves. I love the white strap of the IC title, it makes it more unique and awesome. I wouldn't mind them doing maybe a stars and strips style strap for the US title, but then again I'll probably get flagged for coming up with a stupid idea... I've never actually minded the US title design, it looked stupid with Cena's spinner and so does the WWE title, it does look like a toy and it does look ridiculous on guys who ain't Cena.

Bottom line, I'd love to see more designs on the blank black strap, stars and strips for the US and maybe a little more detail on the world championships...

Also I do like the design of the tag team title, but again, it should be gold, not bronze.

I'm not really scared, it is just a title belt after all. The Tag Title Belt has grown on me significantly and the bronze colouring fits nicely with the theme of the design, the Spartans and their brass armour etc.

The Diva's division logo has always been pink; pink and gold together looks fucking stupid.

So, no I'm not scared, allegedly the photo that was leaked was a side plate and not the centerpiece of the title so bare that in mind when you assess it.

The fact is that at this point, we just don't know what the new title will look like, and you are speculating over a photo that is months old - I don't quite understand why this topic has been brought back now.

I'm a bit skeptical about a new belt design myself. Pretty much every new belt in the WWE looks strange. However.... I will admit I am in the minority and do actually like the current WWE Championship design. It's extremely cool looking when you attend a show in person, and I have been a fan of it since its debut with or without the spinner. I can see people why people want the Winged Eagle design back, I liked that belt too, but why do people want the Undisputed design back so badly? That thing was the most boring looking belt I have ever seen! The color scheme was ugly and the belt itself just looked so generic. I legitimately hated that belt and hope it never returns.

Now, as for the new belt.... If THIS truly is what is coming:

wwebelt_large.jpg

Then we may be in trouble. That looks rather awful and I would not want to see that become part of the new WWE Championship design. It makes even the Divas Championship look impressive. We have seen some strange new designs in recent years, and that's without even touching on Jeff Hardy's belts over in TNA. This is just WWE we're talking about. In fact, the only new design that I truly like is the current WWE Championship design.

The silver ECW Championship comes to mind. That thing being silver was symbolic of how less important the brand itself was. It did not look like a belt worth winning or being proud of. Why was it silver? Belts meant for CHAMPIONS should be gold. Then we have the giant pennies that they use for Tag Team Championships. They don't look like a prize worth fighting for either. The helmets on them are cool looking, although a gold color would have been a better route just like what they should have done with the ECW Championship. The Divas Championship speaks for itself, I'm not even going to bother bringing that back up.

I am open to a new design and/or bringing back the Winged Eagle design. Or they could just keep the current design. The haters may dislike it, but WWE makes a ton of money off of the replicas of that thing. You complain that it looks like a child's toy. Guess what? WWE is trying to market toward children. They have another world title with a design meant to appeal toward adults, the World Heavyweight Championship. As long as they do not bring back the Undisputed design and do not do something too cheesy like they did with the divas belt or the giant pennies then I'll be more than happy to give a new design in the future a chance.

There's been a lot of backlash regarding the current WWE due to it looking like a toy and/or a prop. So, I think WWE will be very careful designing the new one. The new Tag Belts are an absolute abomination so that does have me a little concerned. I wish they'd go more towards a traditional or "classic" style. However, since the World title is more of a "classic" style (Big Gold Belt) then I think they'll stick with a modernized design but not go too crazy towards a "toy" style.

If The Rock wins the belt at the Rumble, I wish they'd let him go back to the Attitude Era belt just for his reign and then debut the official new belt after that.

hopefully they will not do a belt like in TNA where the title looks like Jeff Hardy only because it will be hard to drop the title to another person, when Stone Cold had the smoking skull title again hard to drop the title when it was designed for a specific wrestler, they need to make a title that is sellable both on the wrestler and as a replica that people will buy, the spinner belt many bought, Cena turn the one into a spinner blelt an people were shocked and when the wwe title was turned into a spinner clearly it stuck as has long has it been that style.

the WWE world title need to represent what it stands for

As far as the alleged design of the new WWE Championship, I have to say that doesn't particularly thrill me mostly because it simply looks too plain. However, as many have said before, there's a possibility that it's only one of the side plates rather than the center plate of the title.

If it is the center plate, then the shape of it doesn't bother me. In terms of how it's shaped, it's pretty similar to how the center place for the US title is shaped. My problem is that it looks too plain. There's no real adornment to it and it just doesn't make a great impact.

As I said though, if it's just a side plate then it looks perfectly fine to me. I'm not really worried so much because I don't think anything can look quite as gaudy or tacky as the spinner belt.

I think this is a really solid topic because there is no doubt that the design of the last few new belts has left alot to be desired.

I personally have always thought the spinner belt was all right. I loved it when it debuted because it was perfect for Cena. I love when Edge made it his own ... and thought it was absolutely fantastic when The Miz flipped the logo upside down for an M.

But I do agree that it has probably run its course. The problem ... whoever debuts the net belt it will be looked at as "their" belt. So, it is going to be important to get a solid one that can be passed around without being tied too much to one person.

I hate the Diva's belt with a passion. It is ridiculous looking and makes the division look worse than it already does on a nightly basis. I did not hate the ECW title personally and thought it looked solid on Mark Henry and Christian. I love the IDEA they are going for with the tag belts with the bronze finish and what not, but in the end they just look like pennies.

Lets hope they come up with something fresh with a solid design and don't muck up the top tier title too much in the end.

I am very ready for a new belt design but I am very scared as to what the title will look like. From the butterfly, to the 2 cents, their last few belt changes have left me scratching my head at how anyone thought that those belts looked good. I hope that template that was rumored is vastly improved. As it is it is an abomination and that is still putting it lightly.

First off, I think the WWE Championship right now is straight whack. The spinner belt when Cena won the title was cool back then. Not anymore. But the current belt doesn't even spin. Personally I think all the titles look crap right now. The Tag-Team title belts look like they were built from legos.

Call me a traditionalist or whatever but these belts would look better than the titles being represented and won around the waists of the current WWE Champions.

WWE Championship:

undisputed_belt.jpg

This was used back in the Ruthless Agression Era from about 2002-2004. Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Big Show and Eddie Guerrero all sported this version. I think this was the best WWE Championship belt that the WWE has ever put out.

Tag-Team Championship:

WWEChampbelt.jpg

This is the better tag-team championship belt in my opinion. It wasn't all decorated with useless styles and what not. This belt is WAY better than the current version.

I think the IC/US Title belts are okay. The ECW title/Divas titles were hideous. The WHC looks like it takes up half the champions body. Oh the cruiserweight championship belt was the coolest in my opinion.

WWE_Cruiserweight_Championship-picture.jpg

I know it's not his fault.. But I blame Edge!! When he cashed-in the briefcase and won the title, I was sooo happy we were going to get the Undisputed belt back.. but instead, he goes and sticks a RATED R sign on the spinner!!

Honestly, THAT is when they should have brought back the undisputed belt.. It was a very good looking belt and looked goon on every wrestler that held it..

On some recent designs, I don't mind the current tag titles, the two warriors or spartans or what ever they are.. It'd not too bad and the colour is good aswell.. Stands out..

The Divas title, well it's the divas title, so if it looks girly, then so be..

The ECW Championship was one of my favourites, it was introduced then Mark Henry won it.. and it didn't look too bad on him, and also Jack Swagger, I admit, it was a little big, but looked like a world title to me..

Well surely the prototype design is something beyond disaster but if they can improve it and make it look like something like WHC it can be bearable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back