WWE.com Reveals Alternate Designs For WWE Championship

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
There's an article on WWE.com that has photos & drawings of designs for the new championship that were ultimately passed on.

All I can say is...wow... Those are some fucking ugly designs. They make Jeff Hardy's custom TNA WHC belt look fantastic. The designs passed on look like something from a fantasy sword & sorcery movie or something you'd see on a Vegas showgirl. These titles would make the haters yearn for the days of the spinner belt.

Here's the link: http://www.wwe.com/inside/alternate-wwe-title-designs-photos

I'm guessing the designs posted on the site are the ones who were up for top consideration. Whether you like the current design or not, and I personally do, I can't think of anyone who'd be into any of these scrapped designs. If a major wrestling company debuted a title that looked like these, I swear to God, I'd bust a gut laughing. If these designs were being seriously considered, Vince needs to be ashamed of himself.

I can't imagine why they settled on the one that they did. Those are god awful. Can you imagine the Rock having to act like he was proud to unveil one of those things to replace the spinner belt which he called a "toy". Those look like toys. Except for the Eagle one which is just bizarre. The wings go out to the straps and the Eagle is gigantic, its like if Koko B. Ware made up his own title like the Million Dollar Man did.

The first one with the red wouldn't have been too bad if you change the red leather to black. Also, the one with the eagle would have been ok if it was just a plain leather strap with side plates. Yeah the one they settled on is the best out of those bunch, but they could have also gone with a previous design IMO. I think the current design will grow on me, but I kinda wish it was a tad smaller, it just looks too big and kinda awkward.

09_WWE-TITLE-RENDERS-6.jpg

I know I'm gonna get shat on...Ye well fuck you!

I like this one. Over the top? Yes? A little over dramatic? Yes. But this would make a great custom belt for someone like Jack Swagger. I mean I do see him getting a championship run at some point and this would be a fucking great championship belt to unveil as Jack Swagger's Championship belt, for Jack Swagger's America. That shit is just badass.

The first 3 look like some tried to merge hot wheel cars into Championship belts.
The Eagle one doesn't look too bad though the leather straps make it a bit odd, like they are trying to make a male counter part to the current divas belt.

They are all fucking awful, end.

Its sad to see how terrible the belts look now- the WWE title, the Divas belt, the tag-team copper coin looking shit belts compared to the classic Attitude Era WWE title, the Undisputed title and the great tag-team belts they had back then. Even the Europen title looked prestigous instead of the tacky, crappy belts the WWE use now.

I'm still pissed off they got rid of the Intercontinental belt and replaced it with the one with the white strap, a massive step down in quality. The IC belt was always one of myt favourites. As it stands now, the World Heavyweight title is the one good looking belt in the company. The US title is good, but its nothing special. They need to bring back the Attitude Era WWE belt, wherever that is...

I like this one. Over the top? Yes? A little over dramatic? Yes. But this would make a great custom belt for someone like Jack Swagger. I mean I do see him getting a championship run at some point and this would be a fucking great championship belt to unveil as Jack Swagger's Championship belt, for Jack Swagger's America. That shit is just badass.

I agree!! I like this one. It's a updated throwback to the strap that was used around the time of Bret vs HBK Ironman and beyond. I know it was around before that too.

They are all fucking awful, end.

Its sad to see how terrible the belts look now- the WWE title, the Divas belt, the tag-team copper coin looking shit belts compared to the classic Attitude Era WWE title, the Undisputed title and the great tag-team belts they had back then. Even the Europen title looked prestigous instead of the tacky, crappy belts the WWE use now.

I'm still pissed off they got rid of the Intercontinental belt and replaced it with the one with the white strap, a massive step down in quality. The IC belt was always one of myt favourites. As it stands now, the World Heavyweight title is the one good looking belt in the company. The US title is good, but its nothing special. They need to bring back the Attitude Era WWE belt, wherever that is...

I love you bud but come on, the white strap IC is cool. Way cooler than the IC title of the 2000s. The white strap will have to go at some point and I would love for the old black strap IC to come back. The one that was on the line...sorry THE ONES that were on the line at the epic WM X ladder match.

I don't like this WWE title I just don't. It's just a big as W and looks tacky as hell. The best WWE/F belt in retrospect was the old winged belt that Austin won and retired at Mania 14. I didn't have much love for the Undisputed Belt was it just looked oblong.

I think I stand alone but I kinda like the tag team belts. Maybe not so much the color, bronze but I like the twin gladiator helmets on it. The tag team belts became a farce with the World and WWE Tag team titles being around. I could digest two champions but tag team champions was too much. Didn't like the WWE Tag Team titles that Steph introduced to. Blue powder hell!

Again I like the eagle belt, but NOT for a company title. No that would be ridiculous. It should be a patriot's title and I'm sad to say Swagger's the only one left playing one. Oh Kurt, where art thou?

/Users/Kyle/Desktop/07_WWE-TITLE-RENDERS-4.jpg
I don't mind this one in fact i probably prefer it over the current one

I think this one is better than the current design.

I too enjoy this one. It reminds me alot of the Winged Eagle to an extent and I feel like with a little tweaking it could be made to look like a prestigious championship belt. I also like your idea of this being a custom belt for someone such as Jack Swagger. Personally I don't like the current design they have picked as it reminds me too much of the US championship so here's hoping that belt doesn't stay too long.

Anything they came up with would have been shit on by a vast majority of our IWC brethren just because that's what we do. The one they settled on is fine. That Eagle one is cool. The square one isn't bad. I was of the mind that anything would have been an upgrade to the Spinner design, and that would've been the case even if WWE had covered a paper plate in aluminum foil, wrote "WWE Champion" on it in sharpie, and taped it to a weightlifter's belt. Cool that WWE would let us in and show us the rejected concepts, though.

Eagle design isn't too bad, but imo the rest are terrible.

The current one they are using isn't too bad either, it's not OTT, but that massive diamond WWE logo ruins it. I know they want the company logo to stand out, but to me, it just doesn't work...

I am not into those belts at all. I wonder why over the years the belt designs have gotten so bad? Some of those belts are really bad. The one that is being used now isn't too bad, and I prefer it to the spinner belt. Simple is better for belts.

I'm glad they went with the current design when I saw most of these. Although I'm still not entirely a fan of the current WWE Championship design just yet, these really wouldn't have been much better. My main problem is the black background around the main plate of the design they are now using. It just comes off so boring looking. Using gold would have worked out better. Anyways. I'll take a look at these from my least favorite up to my favorite.

07_WWE-TITLE-RENDERS-4.jpg

This one was the worst. It's extremely ugly. The square part in the middle makes it look really akward and in the end it's just an even uglier version of what they are currently using. I'd have HATED if this became the design they used. It's not as bad as Jeff Hardy's Immortal Championship, but it hardly looks like a design fitting the biggest prize in pro wrestling. Had they gone with this it would have been a massive step down from the previous design.

05_WWE-TITLE-RENDERS-3.jpg

This one is just too weird looking for my taste. It isn't as ugly or akward looking as the one above this one, but.... I just don't like it.... at all. The shield shaped middle plate is a lot better than the huge square of the one above this one, although something about this design makes it not work whatsoever. It would still have been a large step down if they went with this design.

This one isn't so bad. My main problem with it is the color scheme they used. Not enough gold for my taste. The eagle in the middle works really well though and looks cool. A brighter color for the eagle would have made it look even better. It would have only been a small step down from the previous design in my opinion had they gone with this one. The currently used design is still better though to me.

02_561290_438726582885885_52445218_n.jpg

I might be in the minority here, but I really like this design. It is the only one that I would have liked to see used as opposed to the design currently in use for the WWE Championship. The red and gold color scheme looks great. Had they done the look of the eagle one with this one's color scheme then they could be onto something, or maybe that's just me. A bright golden eagle in the middle above the WWE logo, with red for the sides and background. That to me would have been an awesome WWE Championship design.

The problem with all of these designs AND the one they chose is that they look too cartoony. The WWE title is supposed to be the most prestigious title in all of wrestling. Why can't they make it look like it could pass for a legit sports championship? The 80's/early-mid 90's era eagle belt looked legit. The Undisputed belt looked legit.

This current belt looks like they took a ring off a rapper's finger and blew it up so it'd fit around somebody's waist.

That being said, it's a step up from the spinner belt and it looks better than these sketches.

Anything they came up with would have been shit on by a vast majority of our IWC brethren just because that's what we do. The one they settled on is fine. That Eagle one is cool. The square one isn't bad. I was of the mind that anything would have been an upgrade to the Spinner design, and that would've been the case even if WWE had covered a paper plate in aluminum foil, wrote "WWE Champion" on it in sharpie, and taped it to a weightlifter's belt. Cool that WWE would let us in and show us the rejected concepts, though.

My thoughts exactly. By the end of it's run, I came to despise the spinner belt. I was ready for anything to take it's place. All of those belts looked alright and even though I think people jizz themselves on the winged eagle belt I thought the eagle belt looked pretty cool. I thought the red one was pretty sweet to but I wouldn't use it for the main title. Maybe for the IC title.

These designs are all horrible.

Wrestling is a fake sport struggling to uphold the illusion that it's actually real. How is one supposed to suspend disbelief if the most valued prize of them all looks like an accessory that seems to belong with He-Man and the Masters of the Universe action figures?

So I guess given what the choices were they made the right call with the current design. It's better than any of those alternatives or the spinner belt. They obviously felt compelled to keep the belt looking like a piece of glitzy bling bling so if we accept that that simply couldn't be helped the current design should be an acceptable compromise.

I swear, some people must be blind or something because I saw nothing wrong with those titles. Any of them, including the giant class ring title, would be better than the title we have now, and even better than the spinner. My two personal favorites are the first/second Red title and the aforementioned Eagle belt.

For the red one, all they would have to do is change the color of the strap to the classic black leather and it would fit perfectly. It would be like the spinner, only more of a traditional round shape and less bulk. I can't believe that the almighty "Attitude Era is the greatest shit since sliced bread" fans are actually pissing on this one. It's like they're in some fucked up double standard world or something. To me, this title is as traditional as they come and hating on this title deserves to be brought to death by stoning.

The eagle, like it's been mentioned, is another shout out to traditional WWE titles. Before Cena got a hold of the WWE title, each and every WWE championship had an eagle on it somewhere. The Big Eagle and the Attitude Era were more obvious, and the Undisputed was also kind of able to be seen. My only problem with this one is that it simply looks like the Diva's title, only with more "manly colors". Even still, I would accept this title. It looks like an update on the classic style of championships.

With some refinement, this one shows promise. I think it works, it has the look that the previous belts need, they just have to turn down the "electric guitar riffs" and simplify it. Otherwise, it looks a lot like a fuse between the belt they has in 1999 and the undisputed belt.

Well I see people like The Birdman Title. But I have to re-iterate what I wrote in the next post of mine...THIS CAN'T BE THE COMPANY'S TITLE!

I mean this can work as a gimmick belt ala Stone Cold's Smoking Skull Belt, but this is just TOO specific to be the whole company's belt. Really none of the design stand out except the last red one. I mean change the color, few tweaks and that could work.

But if you look at it from a broader point of view, even this belt wouldn't be ideal. Actually none of them are really upto par.

Come on. all of them are good except 2nd and 3rd. and they need to do a little paint job on fist one. the one that PaperGhostopolis is showing is pretty cool. but i like the forth one (the square title) the best. you don't have to criticize anything that have a WWE logo on it.

wrestlemania should have been CM PUNKS TITLE vs THE STREAK and the undertaker would have looked REAL nice in that huge Eagle belt with the leather feathers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back