WWE Championship Design Change Soon?

Well now that Shaemus is champ again I think they need to change it. Don't go back to the classic or the Pre-Cena belt. Something new that they can hold onto and it doesn't look weird on them i.e. Shaemus and the spinner belt. That just doesn't belong. They just need a facelift on the championship.

I would love to see a new title but there were rumors of a new design last year and it never happened so I won't get too excited. If they bring one in there are ways but it will probably be a top guy and not an NXT rookie. If you look at the last few designs they were brought in by the rising star or current mega star at that time. The Attitude Era Eagle Belt was brought in by SCSA who was the rising star at that time. The Undisputed/WWE design was Brought in by Triple H who at that time was the man in the company. He had just returned from major injury to beat jericho at Wrestlemania and had Ric Flair present him with the new belt. Then Cena introduced the current incarnation. If this pattern continues than the guy that will bring in the new belt would obviously have to be Randy Orton. If they do make a new design I am begging the WWE to either never do another gimmick based belt again, or at least change it back after that person loses the title. I'm suprised no one has photoshopped a design and posted it yet.

My biggest problem with the "spinner" belt design is it's kind of overstaying it's welcome. I'm just getting tired of seeing it after 5 years. It made sense when Cena first introduced it 5 years ago since he was in the final stage of his "rapper" gimmick and the belt design was just way to get him over as champion and to further his character. But since then Cena's character has evolved away from what he once was 5 years ago.

Not to mention that many other people than Cena have held that belt since the "spinner" design has been around. I've always wondered why they didn't just let Cena use that design instead of everyone else that has won it after him. Like seeing that design on the likes of Edge, Randy Orton, and Jeff Hardy (just to name a few) just didn't look right to me. That would be the equivalent if after Steve Austin debuted the "smoking skull" design that everyone after him who held the belt had that design. Which you must admit would have looked ridiculous.

Even Cena himself, the man that used that design to help establish his first reign as champion even says it's outdated which I couldn't agree more with him. And if, only if Cena gets his way and convinces management that the belt does need a new design (which I hope he does) then it should be a completely new fresh design for the WWE championship. I truly believe they won't rehash any older designs like the "winged eagle" or the "undisputed" designs. They will go for a completely new look that will freshen up a rather stale (current) looking WWE championship.

Personally, I'd say that if they were going to "change the design" then they might aswell just bring the old "Undisputed" WWE Championship belt back. I mean, in it's short time it had built so much heritage, it was a shame to see it go to waste.

As much as I loved the "Undisputed" WWE Championship, I have nothing against the most recent Spinner/Non Spinner championship. It looks nice, it suits most people and it's building a great heritage in itself.

Randy Orton, Edge, John Cena, Triple H, Batista, Jeff Hardy and Sheamus..just to name a few have held it already and it's only been active 5 years. It's already built great prestige.

The old Undisputed Championship was held by Triple H, Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, Eddie Guerrero, JBL and more.. That built a great heritage aswell in it's short reign.

That's about all I have. I like the current WWE Championship. But if they were to change the design, I'd either like them to bring back the Undisputed Championship or come up with a REALLY AMAZING design that beats both the current and Undisputed Championship designs put together.

I hate the WWE belt, but they're not going back to any of the old belts, and unless they can create a new one that I really like that much better, they might as well keep the shitty one they have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back