• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite Championship Belt Design

Favorite Championship Belt

• World Heavyweight

• John Cena Spinner Belt

• Winged Eagle WWE Title

• Classic Intercontinental

• Modern Intercontinental

• Classic WWF World Tag Team

• WCW United States

• Attitude Era WWE Title

• ECW World Heavyweight

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
My favorite belt is the World Heavyweight Championship. I think it's an awesome design and simple. Also, the size of it sort of demands respect and it's been around for a while. Also I don't know if anyone has chosen this one yet but I thought I would put it out there! Tha Flaming Skull Championship belt worn by Stone Cold Steve Austin has got to be my very close second. I love that belt and I think it really added to Stone Cold's Gimmick of being a bad ass and sort of doing things his way. In other words, " I will do what I want, when I want and I will wear whatever belt I want!" lol!

I picked the attitude era wwe title. It was just awesome to look at. I believe austin was given it the night after mania 14, which signaled a new era had been born, just like the famous JR call said. A close second goes to the undisputed title. No real reason, i just thought it looked sweet. The European title was cool too. I got to touch it once at a house show.

The attitude era was the best. not because of how it looks, but it was the belt that was used when wrestling was at its finest. sadly, those days are long gone. now they've got that takcy, overdressed joke of a championship. Cena is ruining wrestling.

I think for a world title, the WWE attitude one was the best. Its larger, and looks the most prestigous. the old Hogan title looked prestigous too, but the plate was really small. This barelt edges out the NWA/WCW/WHC for me, which is large, and looks very prestigous as well. personally i HATE the current WWE title, it looks SO tacky, and like a joke. It doesnt look prestigous, or classic at all...the ECW title *LOOKS* more prestigous than the damn WWE title does right now really...

I like the old ECW title. It looks pretty hardcore, with the barbed wire, and you would look badass wearing that title. On a side note: Do you guys really think that the WWE was going to keep the original design of the title? The spinner belt is what gets kids to buy it because it spins, that's why they have it.

I HATE THE SPINNER BELT! Do you all remember the Rock or Triple H sporting the smoking skull belt during the attitude era? Then why is the spinner belt still around even though Cena isn't around to vie for it. They should do an intense angle when Cena comes back where whoever has the title and feuds with cena destroy's the belt in order to "spice up" the feud. In terms of the best belt... it would have to be a tie between the Million $ belt and the classic IC belt.

My vote goes to the new TNA X Division Title belt. For all of you gushing about the beautiful symmetry of the old IC belt, take a look at the new X belt. I wish I could find a good pic of it to show you.

I'd also like to give an honorable mention to Taz's FTW Championship. Like the Million $ title, it suited the holder's personality and gimmick so well, it became uber-cool.

My vote goes to the new TNA X Division Title belt. For all of you gushing about the beautiful symmetry of the old IC belt, take a look at the new X belt. I wish I could find a good pic of it to show you.

Hey, we're a team here, aren't we?

TNA_X_007.JPG

That is a nice belt, and yes the Symmetry is there. For me, though, it's a little too simple. The TNA logo appears three times out of the 5 existing text boxes, and the lettering is cool but too similar. I know the block lettering on the Intercontinental Belt does the same thing, but that belt seems busier with the flags and such.

This belt is cool, though.

Speaking of TNA:

TNAWRLD.jpg

Nice, but too bland with no color. Maybe they are trying to incarnate the legitimacy of WWE's "World Heavyweight Championship" with a big, gold belt, but this looks drab and dull. It needs some blue. Even the great Winged Eagle belt had some blue in it.

i agree with some people...i absolutely HATE the spinner belt...i felt it was stupid even when cena had it, and i thought having orton as champ would be the perfect excuse to go back to a good looking belt...the attitude belt...big, round, impressive, it had a picture of the world on it, hence, the world titlewhen the rock or triple h had it, it was amazing...my close runner up is the smoking skull belt austin had...that was cool, not just for the kick ass design, but the inside of the strap was made to look like snakeskin, perfectly made for the texas rattlesnake...coming up in third is the WCW/WWE world heavyweight title, for the history behind it and just for the size...

I gotta go with the Classic Intercontinental.

It was the perfect size for a midcard title, because in my opinion the IC title of today is too thin and rectangle-esque. It looked best on Jericho.

And i gotta say that the Classic IC is one of the most well represented belts of all time. During that the time it was around, it was held by the best midcarders in WWE history. Hart, Michales, Diesel, Ramon...this was a time when the WWE midcard was more entertainig than the main eventers IMO.

I voted for the Attitude era belt WWF Title that The Rock made famous 1998-2000. I don't like the current WWE Title. I think they should go back to the WWE Title that Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle made famous in 2002-2004. I like the Classic Intercontinental Title better than the current one too, but my favorite title of all time is the 2002-2005 WWE Title.

I'm a fan of the old IC Title that Bret, Shawn, Ricky, Randy, Razor, & Perfect wore, but my fav has to be the Million Dollar Championshio, a belt that I would love to see JBL hold.

the world heavyweight title is the title with the best design, the artwork and stuff on it akes it the best looking belt and if i had to choose any belt to be around my waist, it would be that one.
P.S i am so over the spinner belt

for me personally i like the W.h.c/wcw h.c./wcw international title just because how long it has gone pretty much unchanged since ric flair bought it in like 1986. the only significant change to the belt are when they added the WWE company logo,and I think they should get rid of the name plates. they just don't look right.

WWE version--
wweworldheavyweightchampionship.jpg

WCW version---
WCWWRLD3.jpg

My favourite belt design is this one that IPW in New Zealand has.

nzipw.jpg

While it is fairly plain in terms of colour, it gives it a dignified look. It looks a hell of a lot better than the spinner belt. This is the Belt that defines the number 1 promotion in New Zealand and it shows through well as that being the case in the belt design.

my favorites are the undisputed title and the winged eagle belts from WWE. The belt that I dislike the most is of course, the spinner belt. It single-handedly took all the prestige away from the WWE Title.

I will mention my top 5 belts. 1 is my favorite, 5 is least favorite. [I know....DUH!]

1. WWF Attitude Era belt. This was the first belt that I actually bought myself, without aid from anyone. I also have a hard time referring to this one as the "WWE" Championship, it has always been the WWF Championship Belt to me.

2. WCW United States Championship belt. I consider myself very patriotic, and although I like the new WWE version of this belt, the WCW version is my favorite of the secondary titles.

2. WWF Classic Intercontinental Championship belt. I would have to say this ties with the WCW US belt as my other all time favorite, hence it ALSO made #2 on my list.

3. ECW Championship belt. With this, I mean the one that Tazz had made from his old FTW Titlebelt. I like the new one too, but the older ECW belt looks sweet, I think.

4. WWE Cruiserweight Championship belt. It is truly an overlooked title, mainly because of nobody holding it right now and not much asking for the Cruiserweights, but I still think this is a great belt, and it looks sweet.

5. WWF World Tag Team Championship belt. I agree with whoever mentioned the teams who held this title, my favorite among them were Demolition, the Legion of Doom, and The Dudley Boyz.

So there you have it, my five [actuallu six, LOL] favorite belt designs. The Wulf has Spoken!

I am bumping this thread. Bumping good threads never bothered me. Plus, I worked my ass off on it, so 'da flip to I care? The greatest championship belt designs in history - one we know? Or one we've not seen?

I've ALWAYS been partial to the late 80's / early 90's Intercontinental Championship belt design. Symmetrical, clean, very regal looking. The belt looked great on all of it's holders, from Savage, Steamboat, Warrior, Rude, Michaels, Perfect, Hart, Piper, Bulldog, Ramon, even the Mountie.

But the NWA still has some great ones, like the Irish Championship!

worldheavyweightchampionship2.jpg

The World Heavyweight Championship to me has always signified a true world champion. It's huge which is what a world title should be. When someone wears it, then they always have a sense of class. Because the belt looks so classy itself. It may not have a lot of color to it. But it does not need it. It's perfect the way it is. The time spent making this belt must not have been fun because of all the little intricacies. This belt screams class. Plus it was one of the first titles I ever witnessed to have a nameplate which is always a plus.

vivid-imaginations-wwe-title-belts--undisputed-championship.jpg

Another title that just screams class. It looked fantastic. Did not need much color whatsoever. It also has the awesome nameplate which has become customary in the WWE nowadays. The centerpiece could have been a little bit taller in my opinion, but it's still a very classy belt.

Belt_ClassicIC.jpg

As said before. This title is just plain sweet. Very symmetrical and the right amount of color. A title that could have very easily been looked at as the world title because of the design of it. Not much more to say that hasnt been already said. This belt is badass.

2.jpg

A little odd I know to incorporate a tag title into this. But I just LOVE the design of this belt. Just like the classic Intercontinental title the TNA tag titles are very symmetrical. The globes look sweet as hell, and the TNA logo is placed in the right spot for me. Another title that if it wasnt a tag title could very easily be a number two title in a company based on the look alone.

These are my top four favorite belts of all time. The choices are a bit odd, but I like them.

The Winged Eagle gets my vote for sure. Not only do I like the way it looked the best which why I picked it, I also pick it because of its history and who held it. I believe it was introduced at WM4, which is right around the time when I was old enough to understand wrestling so it in essence is the heavyweight belt that I grew up watching. It was held by legends like Hogan, Savage, Flair, Hart, Michaels and Slaughter and Warrior if you want to consider them two legends. Almost everybody that held that title were all time greats or legends. It was the belt that was on the line in some of the most famous and biggest matches in WWF history whether it was Hogan vs. Savage at WMV, or Hogan vs. Warrior at WMVI, Savage vs. Flair WM8 or Hart vs. HBK WM12. It just has so much history.

World Heavyweight Championship: Gets my vote here. It's big, it's gold, it's what a champion should wear. Something that screams out champion, which is what it does. A lot of gold, symbolising the fact that whoever holds it, is number 1.

Besides World Championship belts, I also really like the World Tag Team Championship belts that are on RAW, they just look really good. Much better than their SmackDown counterparts, the WWE Tag Team Championship.

The Evolution of the Intercontinental Championship Belt

ICBELTS.jpg

Its come an awfully long way from the way it used to look. I still say the 3rd incarnation was the best, and here's why...

hbkwhiteIC.jpg

w00079pi.jpg

3258783-m.jpg

Colors, folks. The Intercontinental Belt brought colored leather mainstream, and it wound up being a mainstay for champions such as Shawn Michaels, Razor Ramon, and the Ultimate Warrior. I thought the colored leather was so cool, and it never looked better than it did on this belt.

Ok, the yellow leather washes the belt out due to the gold, but you get my point...

This is a shocker, I'm sure... but I love the old ECW belt. For all the reasons IC25 stated in his discription. That belt looked like ECW. It was rough and mean and so unpolished. It represented the company in every aspect- rebellion, anger, righteousness and unruliness. Plain and simple: it was kickass.

I maybe alone on this but I always loved the hardcore belt. Take in consideration I was 12 at the time, but I always thought it looked apealing and cool. It was a replica of the winged eagle belt smashed into peices, with duct tape and the words Hardcore was written in marker. It just looked rough and unique enough that I liked it. It stood out and was different from the other belts representing the different type of style.

I'm going with the attitude era belt, When HHH had it on he just looked badass. You just didn't ever see there being a point where he would lose it. I think a lot of the other belts just look a bit cheesy but Attitude belt just looked cool

the current WHC look pretty immense, basic no thrills but cool all the same

Everyone has to love the old school WWE Hardcore title - that title ruled!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back