• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New Heavyweight Title Belt Needed For TNA?

What do you think needs to be done?

• Restore 1st design

• Restore 2nd design

• Keep third design

• find a new design that better embodies TNA

Results are only viewable after voting.
The new design is amazing.This title design should be highly respected in my opinion and probably the best title design TNA has ever come up with.

The current belt comes out as atrocious on tv. Especially with the blue lettering. It looks like a belt a fan made. Bring back the original one, the one EY is carrying around. Once RR win the title, have him in his arrogance sumon EY just for the heck of it to face him for the tv title. Roode beats him and get the original title back. At the same time reigniting their feud for continuity's sake.

I mean why not go back to the original one when it was so spectacular-looking. most beautiful title in wrestling.

I am glad someone posted this. It is a great question.

I liked the orignal the best. And I know a lot of people thinks it is worthless now because of Eric Young having it, and to some point I agree with that. BUT, I think what a lot of IW fans do not realize is that EY has a LOT of fans (including me). And whether he wants to be given credit or not, he is a talented performer.

So what about this plan? (Granted, I love Eric as comic relief, and I think he is awesome at that, but this could be cool) [And pardon me for fantasy booking, I will be the first to admit my ideas are not that important, just something fun to pretend]

James Storm is the Champ, 4 months from now, Roode finally gets jealous, turns heel, and they have their feud. Bobby comes out on top after two months of trying to get the title. Upon getting the title, Bobby calls out EY because he is tired of EY making a mockery of the championship by having the old belt. By this time EY (although still doing some comical things) has become a more serious performer. (I'm picturing Jerricho during his WCW title run with Ralphus, when he was silly but could still win credible matches) This runs through the entirity of next year's BFG series until Hardcore Justice when they have one final match, no rematches. EY somehow wins and Roode is livid. He then forces TNA (IW) to put him into the BFG series where he wins again. This causes one final match where Roode leaves BFG as the champion.

Sorry that was long winded, but I really do think that EY and Roode could put on great matches. And then, after having both Belts, they could introduce a new belt to replace the previous two. I have attached the picture of what I would love them to use as a template. It could be gold (or maybe introduce the first platinum belt). I have always liked this design because it has the eagle, the globe, and a wrestling ring on it. Of course they would have to do minor changes, (like taking the networks off, and updating the design slightly) but this is a great template.

305444-nwatvtitle.jpg

(Props to Championship Leather for the image)

Amazing, I just wrote something similar.

Here's what I would do, contrary to your post, I wouldn't have EY become more serious. Anyway not right away. And Roode wanting to bring prestige back to the title doesn't fit because he's a heel. Like I said in my post, have Roode as an arrogant heel champ, wanting to beat EY for old times' sakes for the TV title. He doesn't respect EY and he wants to make a mockery of him. But then the match occurs and bang, EY win the match on a fluke becoming TNA champ. That rekindles the feud EY-Roode. But then when Roode win the title back, he gets all of them including the original TNA belt.

I like the current design. Actually, I love the current design. The main plate in very reminiscent of the WWE WHC/NWA WHC/WCW WHC, just slightly tweaked. I like the big silver/nickel "TNA Heavyweight Champion" logo and gold contrast, I think that just looks much better than straight gold, it's a much classier choice for someone with exceptional taste. I think the side plates look great, and the strap itself is very nice too. I like how it starts big and follows tightly around the center plate, gets a little smaller but maintains a thick strap, and then narrows out at the ends.

The original was nice, trademark Dave Millican work there. You've got the big eagle, an AWA style main plate, banners, and then the nickel and gold multi-plate design that he loves to do. I liked that one but I think the new one is much nicer. It's shinier that's for sure, and it just looks to me, more like a proper world title. It just looks like it belongs to a champion hands down. I am just waiting for the replica to come out.

I say keep the current title, why change something that really doesn't need to be fixed? I like this 3rd belt the best because I feel that it has a very prestigious look to it, the first one had that as well but this one to me has the feel of WWE's World Heavyweight and WWE Championships. It has more of the WHC look in the overall style and the lettering makes me think of the WWE title and gives it a mix of being traditional but still being new and flashy.

Obviously Hardy's TNA title looked like something out of a happy meal and it needed to go, I think that was the worst custom title I've ever seen, atleast Cena's and Austin's were custom but they still looked like other people could wear the, where Jeff's pretty much had his face on it. I liked the original title design, but something about it felt kind of bland to me, maybe it wasn't shiny enough for me. After those two titles I think this third one blows them both away, it has a great look and it represents TNA well so I say keep that damn thing.

ideally I would like a brand new title belt that just looks awesome.
but I think the newly designed belt has to stay around for awhile. they've already changed the title belt 3 times.

I've heard people say in the past that the X division and it's title are what elevated wrestlers, but to me the X division is the cruiser weight division and the wrestlers in this division aren't even on the mid card level.
the TV title (or another name) could be used in the mid card to help elevate mid card wrestlers. right now it could be great if someone like Crimson had a title while extending his winning streak. it worked in WCW with the US title and it worked in WWE with the intercontinental title.
although I would like to see a name change. wasn't this title previously called the Global title? that would be better than TV title.
Too many belt changes close together reeks of instability. I should had gave an option in which the belt is changed in like two years or sumthin.

The golden standard for secondary and tv titles is the ECW World Television championship. The I.C. title no longer leadz to the WWE or Heavyweight title. It has led away from it and in the case of JBL and Y2J it succedes them. The U.S. title had not led to the World title in WCW since its foundational years. They should put it on par with the ECW TV title.

The phrase "global" was deemed redundant by too many and caused an uproar. International, intercontinental, world, universal, and global mean the same name. It made no sense to have a world and global champion. The concept that Terry promoted while holding it i loved though. TV is the best name that belt has ever had though.

P.S. JW it is a tie between Jeff's belt, WCW's first hardcore title and JBL's custom texas hardcore title..

I say keep the current title, why change something that really doesn't need to be fixed? I like this 3rd belt the best because I feel that it has a very prestigious look to it, the first one had that as well but this one to me has the feel of WWE's World Heavyweight and WWE Championships. It has more of the WHC look in the overall style and the lettering makes me think of the WWE title and gives it a mix of being traditional but still being new and flashy.

Obviously Hardy's TNA title looked like something out of a happy meal and it needed to go, I think that was the worst custom title I've ever seen, atleast Cena's and Austin's were custom but they still looked like other people could wear the, where Jeff's pretty much had his face on it. I liked the original title design, but something about it felt kind of bland to me, maybe it wasn't shiny enough for me. After those two titles I think this third one blows them both away, it has a great look and it represents TNA well so I say keep that damn thing.

The third belt doesn't look prestigious at all. On TV it looks like a third-rate company made it. It comes off as so ugly. It looks like it was created by Pepsi.

The first one some of looked like a cross between Big Gold and the WWE eagle belt. It was great.

The New Belt looks Great

I actually like the New Belt Compared to any of the Belts out there 2day.. It reminds me of the Old belts from way back in the WWF 80's....

All the other belts are really junkie now.. this current belt TNA Holds... looks Clean and Sharp.. Doesnt have alot of clutter on it...

Good Job TNA keep it up

first of all let me just say im really glad nobody is stupid enough to want the 2nd design back! thank god theres no stupid idiots who think thts a good design!

now onto the topic at hand...i actullay like the current design alot it stands out really good and to me the first design was just too boring this one is actullay good and i dont see a need for a 4th design at all!

also speaking of titles in tna....im glad tht the tv title is finally being used as a mid card title even if its eric young and robbie e fueding over it! also whatever happened to the DILLIGAF title shannon moore was supposed to have earlier this year? i think that would be cool to see him carry around and maybe defend if he goes solo

I love Impact Wrestling's/TNA's heavyweight title. It's just the right size, looks good around any waist, or draped over anyone's shoulder. It's a very bright belt too, so it stands out. The damn thing just looks good, and dare I say my favorite wrestling heavyweight title at the moment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back