• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New WWE Title Design (Keep it all in here!!!!)

The New WWE Belt looks Way, way, way better then the spinner belt, It's not good looking at the Undisputed Title but it's a step above the RETIRED SPINNER Belt.

For the people who keep talking about the winged eagle belt I have to say this I loved that belt it's my favorite belt, but times change so does belt designs and this new WWE Title is going in the direction where us fans want them to go.

EVERYONE was sick of the Spinner belt including John Cena he even said the belt is to cheesy now and it was time for a new WWE Title ,

We get a new title and the first thing people start doing they start bitching '' Oh the belt is for the rock it has the bull on it,the center plate with the WW is to damn big.''

Everyone should be happy that a New Title was debuted even if it is not the belt you wanted then to debut the Spinner was almost 8 year old the second longest WWE title to be shown on TV first was the Winged Eagle for 9 years. Just let the new one grow on you if you honestly don't like it You don't have to buy it . for a replica .

As opposed too?

wwe-raw-spinning-championship-commemorative-belt-[2]-3609-p.jpg

First of all, I have to comment on this:

The World Heavyweight Championship belt has jewels around it, too, you dumbass:

images

Are you saying it's ugly, too? :rolleyes:

You both dumbasses, look at the World title how many jewels are there? Now look at the new title and the spinner, theres so many.

Did the winged belt, attitude belt, or the undisputed belt have THAT ridiculous amount of jewels and shiny decorations.

You both dumbasses,

We are? Aren't you the one who posted this:
If we were going to get this piece of shit, I rather keep the spinner belt. Yes the spinner belt is bad, but not as bad as that piece of shit right there.

That looks like a piece of shit, why are their shining jewels around it? This is worse then that GotDamn spinner belt.

Kermit and I replied to that statement... and quite intelligently, I might add. Now, you're just backpeddling because you knew you said something stupid, now that we made you realize that two belts you're putting ahead of the new title have the same flaws that you're mentioning here..

Did the winged belt, attitude belt, or the undisputed belt have THAT ridiculous amount of jewels and shiny decorations.

So your disdain comes down to counting the amount of jewels on the belt? You really need a hobby.

In my eyes, the more expensive the belt looks, the more coveted it should be.

Wow. I mean... just.... WOW. This is what you all look and sound like.

What the FUCK is so special about a bird on a title belt? Why does the WWE need to repeat when they can create? The company wants to move into the future, not the past. Who gives two shits about the belt having a globe or an eagle on it?

I don't see a globe or eagle on this:
images

...or this one:
images

...or this one:
images

...or this one:
images

These belts look perfectly fine to me. They advertise their promotion and carry a champion's distinction. I mean, what is the big deal? You guys are ridiculous.

There is a difference between all those titles you showed and the WWE Title. The WWE title for at least 25 years spanning the winged eagle, attitude title, undisputed title and even the spinner title have all featured an eagle to one extent or another. I'm sure it goes back even further but I can't picture what the older titles look like and I don't feel like looking them up. There is nothing wrong with new, but there is also something to be said for tradition. Tradition is the reason why trophies remain the same over time, why many teams keep the same logo and uniform while making slight updates. Slight updates is what the WWE was doing over the 25 year span I mentioned as the titles shifted over time. Even though we had a radical shift in 2005 the eagle remained over the WWE logo (something so minimal that I didn't really notice it until recently).

Would I have wanted to see one of the older belts brought back, of course. Does that mean I am against a new title, no. But as I mentioned I think it is wrong for the WWE to take away something that has been a staple of their World Title for such a long time.

There is a difference between all those titles you showed and the WWE Title. The WWE title for at least 25 years spanning the winged eagle, attitude title, undisputed title and even the spinner title have all featured an eagle to one extent or another. I'm sure it goes back even further but I can't picture what the older titles look like and I don't feel like looking them up. There is nothing wrong with new, but there is also something to be said for tradition. Tradition is the reason why trophies remain the same over time, why many teams keep the same logo and uniform while making slight updates. Slight updates is what the WWE was doing over the 25 year span I mentioned as the titles shifted over time. Even though we had a radical shift in 2005 the eagle remained over the WWE logo (something so minimal that I didn't really notice it until recently).

Would I have wanted to see one of the older belts brought back, of course. Does that mean I am against a new title, no. But as I mentioned I think it is wrong for the WWE to take away something that has been a staple of their World Title for such a long time.

I get what you're saying but after 8 or 9 titles of the same molding, wouldn't it be nice to completely switch things up? Besides, does the WWE title's heritage have to be explained through eagles, globes, or other symbols? As far as I'm concerned, the lineage of the WWE's title can be explained more than enough through its WWE logo alone. I think that's the statement they're trying to make; the logo is the lineage, not pictures of globes, birds, or human figures.

As a wrestling fan, which is more symbolic to you:

THIS:
images

THIS:
images

or THIS:
images

That's my point.

To D-Man:
Three of the belts you have pictures of do have globes on them. I don't see any eagles, but I do see the globes.

As far as my opinion goes I do not like the new belt. It isn't because it has to have a globe or eagles. Personally I haven't liked any of the more angular belts. I am not a big fan of the current US title because of it. I do not like the AAA Latin America title either because of it. I wasn't a fan of the last ECW title because of it either.

I just seem to like the ones that have a smoother flow to them it seems. I know the old school IC title had sharper lines than most titles at the time, but they seem smoother than this title. At least to me.

To D-Man:
Three of the belts you have pictures of do have globes on them. I don't see any eagles, but I do see the globes.

Those are MMA cages, not globes.

As far as my opinion goes I do not like the new belt. It isn't because it has to have a globe or eagles. Personally I haven't liked any of the more angular belts. I am not a big fan of the current US title because of it. I do not like the AAA Latin America title either because of it. I wasn't a fan of the last ECW title because of it either.

I just seem to like the ones that have a smoother flow to them it seems. I know the old school IC title had sharper lines than most titles at the time, but they seem smoother than this title. At least to me.

See, at least this is a legitimate opinion. He's not disliking it because it's missing the elements that have been on the last 9 title belts. Aesthetically, it's not pleasing to him. I would never argue against that kind of opinion because it's based on overall subjectivity.

We are? Aren't you the one who posted this:

Kermit and I replied to that statement... and quite intelligently, I might add. Now, you're just backpeddling because you knew you said something stupid, now that we made you realize that two belts you're putting ahead of the new title have the same flaws that you're mentioning here..

So your disdain comes down to counting the amount of jewels on the belt? You really need a hobby.

In my eyes, the more expensive the belt looks, the more coveted it should be.

It looks too bling bling and John Cenaish
We never had that with the World title, or the rest.

Yeah so the title prestige should be determined by how much it costs. Sweet.

I get what you're saying but after 8 or 9 titles of the same molding, wouldn't it be nice to completely switch things up? Besides, does the WWE title's heritage have to be explained through eagles, globes, or other symbols? As far as I'm concerned, the lineage of the WWE's title can be explained more than enough through its WWE logo alone. I think that's the statement they're trying to make; the logo is the lineage, not pictures of globes, birds, or human figures.

As a wrestling fan, which is more symbolic to you:

THIS:
images

THIS:
images

or THIS:
images

That's my point.

All three should be important, if not the three then atleast the two.

With just the one it looks plain and awful.

Yeah so the title prestige should be determined by how much it costs. Sweet.

Your ignorance truly makes me LOL. You're willing to ignore every other reason I had for the elements of the title belt and make a comment like this. If you think the expense of the title is my only reason for backing it, I'm done conversing with you because it's obvious that you're too immature and ignorant to hold conversation with me and remember that I've made 50 other points in this thread that were more important than the one about $$$.

All three should be important, if not the three then atleast the two.

With just the one it looks plain and awful.

I actually agree with you here. They should be more important but they're not. The WWE logo and heritage is the most historic and meaningful symbol in all of sports entertainment and professional wrestling. For this reason alone, the WWE logo has a right to be the main and only focal point on their top title belt.

I like it. Definite improvement over the spinner belt. The plates being interchangeable has yet to be seen. Rock brought a new title so maybe this is HIS title...like Austin had the smoking skull belt.

My only issue with it, and I said this to my wife before I saw Otunga say the same thing...it looks like a giant championship ring.

All in all though it works for a new era belt (Rock's words). I can see some tweeks being done on it. Hey...at least it's better than the Tag Team Titles (and I live in Michigan...home of the Spartans)

Anyone else think it looks a little like the US title? Not as in plates, but the leather.
This was another issue I had. Not fond of them using the same shape as the US Title. Each title is supposed to be unique.

Your ignorance truly makes me LOL. You're willing to ignore every other reason I had for the elements of the title belt and make a comment like this. If you think the expense of the title is my only reason for backing it, I'm done conversing with you because it's obvious that you're too immature and ignorant to hold conversation with me and remember that I've made 50 other points in this thread that were more important than the one about $$$.
Glad I made you laugh :p:blush:

I actually agree with you here. They should be more important but they're not. The WWE logo and heritage is the most historic and meaningful symbol in all of sports entertainment and professional wrestling. For this reason alone, the WWE logo has a right to be the main and only focal point on their top title belt.
Yeah but still, that's what makes the title look awful to me - its just that logo nothing else. I see where you're coming from too, but thats just what makes the title look horrible for me. Each to his own. I guess in this day and age we're not going to get to see the title belts that we use to have. Since their still trying to target kids, their probably going to love that belt.

This is becoming such an exercise in IWC-ness.

All the nonsense about eagles, globes, and other accoutrements that previous belts had that this one doesn't have is silly. Another case of people taking this stuff too seriously. I can't even begin to convince myself that the tradition and heritage of the WWE Championship's design is that big of a deal. I mean, if we're having an art discussion here, one could argue that previous designs were too busy. WWE went minimalist this time, and after the Spinner who could blame them? Scratch that, clearly plenty of you could.

What the FUCK is so special about a bird on a title belt? Why does the WWE need to repeat when they can create? The company wants to move into the future, not the past. Who gives two shits about the belt having a globe or an eagle on it?

Obviously you didn't really read my post that you quoted me (and many others) from or you would have read my reasoning for wanting the winged eagle back.

It has NOTHING to do with a bird or globe on a belt, It has EVERYTHING to do with history, tradition, legacy, heritage, etc. etc. It is the belt that virtually all of the WWE's biggest stars carried, and as such the belt that comes with the most prestige. Hoagn, Savage, Hart, Warrior, Undertaker, Austin, Rock, Michaels, but to name a few of the ALL TIME GREATS that held that title. That title reprsents a golden age for the WWE, and carries with it a special aura representative of all the great champions who carried it at some point.

I already said this in my post, but I'll say it again because it bears repeating...the WWE title should be the one object that never changes because it is the unifier that bridges the gap between generations. Do you see the NFL changing the Lombardi trophy or the NHL changing the Stanley Cup? Nope. You know why? Because it carries a very rich and meaningful history...just like the winged eagle title, and nothing like this blinged out piece of shit.

At a distance, it's not that bad a belt. It has a decent feel to it, and as everyone the world over has stated, that god-awful, gimmick/toy Pimp-My-Championship is gone and thank God and good riddance to horrible effin' rubbish!

That being said...close up is a little different.

I have two legitimate problems with the new strap:

1). The hollow center medallion; what would've been wrong with having a globe behind the logo? It would have looked super sweet, in my opinion. I don't even have to have an eagle, just a globe behind the logo would have been nice. Like a few others on here have stated, it might've looked better with the side and center medallions were swapped.

2). Umm...it's still pimped. This was my problem with the spinner. The new belt still has WAY TOO MANY JEWELS. Why on God's green earth did they need to encrust every square inch of this thing with diamonds? It's kind of an eye-sore. There's no need for any belt of any kind to sport that much bling. It's obnoxious.

In the plus column, the shape works for me. Minus the jewels, this is actually a pretty sweet belt, especially when seen in those much-hyped shop.com pics. My grievances with it are only minor, and I am supremely grateful for the exodus of the spinner that I hated since its inception.

Last thing I'll say is that Charismatic Enigma nailed it in post #28 on here. Anyone who hasn't seen it, go read it and take heed. It is awesome and absolute truth.

To D-Man:
There are globes on the belts. The UFC doesn't have any and are Octagons, but the others do. When looking at larger pictures of the WBC belt online there are two globes above the WBC. The TNA title's side plates are globes. The Bellator belt has a globe under Bellator.

I understand that the question was more rhetorical and to point out that a good looking belt doesn't need them. I just wanted to play devil's advocate when I said that earlier.

To TheYoungEra:
Personally I am not a fan of the hollow center medallion either. Sometimes having a black background can work, but in this case it isn't working for me. I almost think they were trying to use negative space to draw the eye in, but it really doesn't work for me. When looking at the replica my eye personally seems to get drawn to the side plates.

I like it. It has a little bit of a throwback feel, and it removed all of the unnecessary bling and trash from the old belt to get the point and make it look like an actual, respectable championship belt.

Here's my thoughts on this:

Whether I like it or not, I completely understand why things must change every few years, the entrance way, the theme songs, the ring aprons, etc. etc. You have to keep things fresh and relevant. However, I think this should apply to everything in wrestling except for 1 single item, care to guess what that item is? THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE BELT.

It's funny how in so many ways the WWE attempts to emulate aspects of other sports, but the one thing they probably should be emulating they don't. So I'll just spell it out. In all of professional sports, the NFL you have the Lombardi trophy, NHL the Stanley Cup, etc. etc. those organizations change up things all the time, team logos, stadiums, etc. but they NEVER change the championship, and you know why? BECAUSE THEY REPRESENT HISTORY, LEGACY, LINEAGE, TRADITION. The title belt is the one element that unifies generations, think of how incredible it would be to see a video package with every WWE champion from the last 60 years, and they all had the same belt? To know that in 2013 The Rock is holding the same title that Bruno or Hogan did before him. It would mean something! I realize at this point they've already had so many different designs, but the best thing they could do is go back to the winged eagle and stick with it permanently.

It seems to be a consensus that nearly every fan likes it, and it carries the most value in that guys like Hogan, Austin, Michaels, Hart, Warrior, Undertaker, etc. all held it. Bringing back the old IC title was one of the best moves they could've made, they just need to restore honor to it, but that's a whole other topic. Bottom line: this belt looks like cheap shit, like a toy, and does nothing to speak of the heritage it should encompass. It is a mockery, just like the spinner before it, of the rich history the title should represent. The WHC in that regard is a far more valuable belt.

Great points here and I agree with everything. Here's why WWE does it though: $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Everytime they change the WWE title belt or IC belt or whatever, they now have a new title belt design to sell replicas of. Every kid "has to have" the latest and greatest design. That's the sole reason why they keep changing the belts.

The only thing that makes it look uglier is the centre plate which should have spherical shaped with W on it or should have globe with W sign in centre of it. Champion should have been in silver. this one looks like IPad belt version :D

No matter what look the belt has many will complain they like or dislike it, just look at the tag team belts, some said it was a nice change others said to bring back the titles like what the bulldogs and heart foundation wore, many like the title belt Hogan had in the day which so did I.

I also liked the belt that had flags on the sides of it, its suppose to be the WWE world TITLE belt, it just looks like what others have said a giant WWE logo

And to address the elephant in the ringside seats, this belt is defninitely a giant, waist-size class/sports ring. However, I think that might just be what it was meant to be - perhaps the company is either trying to stick it to/blend in with actual sports. Who knows? But it's definitely a giant class ring.

Also, I want to make an addendum to what I said earlier. It isn't the greatest belt ever, but it works for today's era of WWE. It even has a little charm to it from a certain angle. One thing about it that I'm kind of a sucker for is the shape. I've always loved the tall, simple three medallion design. That's also why I love the Big Gold B- erm, I mean the World Heavyweight Championship, even though the WWE needs to retire that one FAST...but I made that point in another thread.

wwe-belts-7.jpg

This is how a title should look.

I personally do not like it. The problem I have with these titles are the lack of GOLD in them. I like an all GOLD title. Get rid of the stupid diamonds.

I just hope Rey Mysterio never wins this belt. Can you imagine him with it. The front plate of the belt would take up his entire torso. It's going to look better with the guys who have bigger builds and look a little more ridiculous with the smaller guys.

To be fair...we saw it on TV, on The Rock, for a total of 10 minutes tops. We are so used to that damn spinner belt and all the other titles that people are not giving it a chance. See it through RAW for a full segment or on someone else...THEN bitch. We have to see it more than 10 minutes people.

It looks like advertisement. (Not sure if anyone else said that as I've only read a few pages) But yeah the title has its moments. I'll look at the belt & hate it. Than the next glance I like it. I did however would have liked him to bring out the Attitude era title until he lost it at Mania & the next night on Raw have Cena or Punk unveil the new belt. (just without the bulls) I think the title deserved one more shot at Mania before being thrown to the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back