*MERGED* WWE Ask a Question Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to say on that one, but my guess would be a combination of that and just letting things take their own course. It wasn't a big deal to run MSG back then, but it had never been done to this level. He had to make sure that all the schedules worked out as obviously he didn't want T to be shooting a movie or something at this time. I would guess he scheduled it as a combination of letting the events take their courses and possibly what you're suggesting as well.

Does anyone know the rating of the smackdown right after 9/11? If not does anyone have a source I can find it at?
Thanks.

So...I'm watching an old RAW on 24/7, and it's the one where the NAO dump Foley and Funk off the stage in the dumpster. Now, am I a mark, or was this really not planned? It took Vince a few minutes to come out, and then a few more minutes before any wrestlers came out. Scorpio, the Headbangers, and a few other guys were all pretty pissed, and a brawl broke out.

Either it's real, and this was just a big mess, or it was a work...And, well...Worked. But, I need to know.

So...I'm watching an old RAW on 24/7, and it's the one where the NAO dump Foley and Funk off the stage in the dumpster. Now, am I a mark, or was this really not planned? It took Vince a few minutes to come out, and then a few more minutes before any wrestlers came out. Scorpio, the Headbangers, and a few other guys were all pretty pissed, and a brawl broke out.

Either it's real, and this was just a big mess, or it was a work...And, well...Worked. But, I need to know.

It was a work NSL. You think they'd be putting the tag titles on someone that came out and legitimately tried to injure some of their employees on national television unscripted? It wasn't real NSL, you gullible old mark you :lmao:

Reactions: NSL
It was a work NSL. You think they'd be putting the tag titles on someone that came out and legitimately tried to injure some of their employees on national television unscripted? It wasn't real NSL, you gullible old mark you :lmao:

Don't blame me. I blame the fact that they were actually good at selling shit back then, and they suck at it now. If Vince thought of killing himself back in 97 or 98, there would have been a memorial on TV, it would've hit the news...

I wasn't sold on it from the beginning, but it seemed like it was lasting a little too long to take up precious TV time. Thanks for the reply anyway

Don't blame me. I blame the fact that they were actually good at selling shit back then, and they suck at it now. If Vince thought of killing himself back in 97 or 98, there would have been a memorial on TV, it would've hit the news...

I wasn't sold on it from the beginning, but it seemed like it was lasting a little too long to take up precious TV time. Thanks for the reply anyway

I'm with you. Granted I was 13 at the time or so... but holy shit that looked real. Even after the NAO pushed Foley and Funk off the stage, even they sold it like gold almost immidiately after giving off a "holy shit, what did we just do?" type of vibe. It was amazing. It did take up a lot of TV time for people to come out and have everything unfold the way it did. Every person that was apart of that sold it like gold.

My question:

Now maybe I'm just getting old at the quarter-century mark... but I was thinking about feuds or matches that never happened (or I could not remember happening). Has HBK ever had a match with Edge? At least one noteworthy? Not one that lasted 4 minutes and people interferred or something of that nature. I guess I'm gearing more towards have they ever had a PPV match?

My question:

Now maybe I'm just getting old at the quarter-century mark... but I was thinking about feuds or matches that never happened (or I could not remember happening). Has HBK ever had a match with Edge? At least one noteworthy? Not one that lasted 4 minutes and people interferred or something of that nature. I guess I'm gearing more towards have they ever had a PPV match?

HBK and Edge have never had a one-on-one PPV encounter, but they have faced each other in a tag team contest (New Years Revolution 2007, DX vs. Rated RKO). HBK and Edge have also faced off several times on Raw, including a street fight. Their Raw matches were actually pretty good, though only about 10-15 minutes in length usually.

Royal Rumble 2005, Edge defeated HBK in 18 minutes.

Royal Rumble 2005, Edge defeated HBK in 18 minutes.

Well god damn, you're right Lee. My mistake, I completely forgot about that match. Now that I think about it I don't remember a single damn thing about that match. Guess it couldn't have been too good.

This question has been bothering me for some time now and I hope someone is able to answer it.

Why did they decide to go with a triple threat match for the main event of WMXX instead of just Benoit vs. Triple H?

I'm fairly sure that it was just to add more star power and drama to it. Also as a side note it kept HHH from having to lose in a one on one match.

Since RAW puts me to sleep every week I guess I must have missed this, but can anyone fill me in on why Big Show is on team RAW and what the situation is with him and Jericho?

Since RAW puts me to sleep every week I guess I must have missed this, but can anyone fill me in on why Big Show is on team RAW and what the situation is with him and Jericho?

Big Show and Jericho can both be on Raw because they hold both Tag Titles, so technically they can wrestle on both Raw and Smackdown. As for the situation between the two, I assume you're talking about a week or two ago where the two were about to turn on each other? They haven't really touched on that since it happened, but frankly I think we can all assume that Show will betray Team Raw at Bragging Rights this Sunday to help out Jericho and Team Smackdown. Just my opinion at least.

This question has been bothering me for some time now and I hope someone is able to answer it.

Why did they decide to go with a triple threat match for the main event of WMXX instead of just Benoit vs. Triple H?

Like any other time they do that mess. I guess they did not feel that a Benoit-Triple H match was a better draw.

Look at all of those Fatal four way and Triple threats when JBL was the champ!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know exactly when there will be a replay of Raw this week? I know Telemundo (the spanish channel) shows it at some point. But does anyone know exactly when?? Thanks! I wanna see Cena v. HHH & Martys match.

Does anyone know exactly when there will be a replay of Raw this week? I know Telemundo (the spanish channel) shows it at some point. But does anyone know exactly when?? Thanks! I wanna see Cena v. HHH & Martys match.

I don't know about Telemundo, but I know that the Universal HD TV channel replays Raw and ECW usually, they're replaying this Monday's Raw on Saturday at 7PM EST, and again at 10PM EST.

Is Big Daddy V ever going to return?

That's not really something anyone can answer. He's working the indy scene right now, but I'm sure if the WWE called him up he'd come back in a heartbeat. Don't hold your breath though, they've been trying to push that man for over a decade and it never worked.

Ok. I am really having a hard time figuring something out, maybe someone can help me.
I think in about 2003 there was a wrestler in the wwe who dressed in all white, had white hair, white boots, the works. He had this sort of religious gimmick. I think there were viginettes with him doing some religous ceremonies leading up to his debut. He would carry down this crucifix to the ring and slam it down upright. Also, I think he might have had a match at judgement Day against I want to say Billy Kidman, but Im probably misremembering.

Alright, so it seems like I know a lot about this guy, but I cant figure out his name.
Does anyone know this wrestlers name? It has really been driving me crazy for a long time.

Ok. I am really having a hard time figuring something out, maybe someone can help me.
I think in about 2003 there was a wrestler in the wwe who dressed in all white, had white hair, white boots, the works. He had this sort of religious gimmick. I think there were viginettes with him doing some religous ceremonies leading up to his debut. He would carry down this crucifix to the ring and slam it down upright. Also, I think he might have had a match at judgement Day against I want to say Billy Kidman, but Im probably misremembering.

Alright, so it seems like I know a lot about this guy, but I cant figure out his name.
Does anyone know this wrestlers name? It has really been driving me crazy for a long time.

That would be Mordecai.

Ironically enough, he was bought back a few years later as Kevin Thorn (almost as close to the exact opposite as Mordecai).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back