The ROH, Independent and International Wrestling Ask a question thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Mr.Eko and KB. I'll be sure to check out his blog because even as I kid I was a fan of Lance Storm, and I know it was a couple of years ago,but from seeing that match against Danielson, he can still go!

PWG Question:
You can look it up on youtube, but they did this thing where The Men of Low Moral Fiber (Chuck Taylor and Kenny Omega) would be ready to attack El Generico and someone would save them, prompting them to say "You're lucky this ain't fun no more" and slowly backing away while snapping their fingers. Any idea what they are spoofing? It's from a movie but for the life of me I can't remember what movie it's from.

I've been watching one of my ROH DVDs featuring CM Punk, and it seemed he had a feud with Ricky Steamboat. Was Steamboat once a regular in ROH? Or did he just make appearances every now and then?

He was never a regular, just made sporadic appearances usually as a guest referee feuding briefly with CM Punk and then Mick Foley during his brief ROH tenure.

At what point does ROH stop being an indie fed and start being one of the 'big boys'? They have a cable TV deal (albeit one with shit coverage), go on tour (both nationally and internationally), and have done live PPVs. So they pretty much have met all the criteria ECW did when they were classed as the third party in the war between WCW and WWE.

Hi 1st post here I have recently got back into wrestling this last couple of weeks (last time I think I actually sat down and watched an event was probably Wrestleania 23 I think (when Taker beat Batista) and I dip in and out of TNA but now I will probably start watching it more now. Anyway I was wondering how I can watch ROH online or on TV in the UK I have seen that it isn't on any channel over here and it seems like what I would like to watch. (people on here have called it a spot -fest)Also when are the shows on are they weekly like TNA n WWE or are they monthly?

So I just bought me some DVDs. I got Ring of Honor: "Glory By Honor 8". I wanted this because its got McGuinness vs Danielson, both in their last match in Ring of Honor, so I thought it would be pretty cool to have. I haven't seen any of the matches on this show, but from looking at the card, it has to be really really good at worst.

I also bought 2 Dragongate USA DVDs. I've heard nothing but great thinngs about Dragongate USA, so I decided to give them a try. I watched Davey Richards vs Shingo and it was a great match. So I bought the show with that match on it, which is "Open the Untouchable Gate". It was voted the 2nd best pro wrestling show of last year, behind the other DVD I bought. The other one I bought was voted the number 1 pro wrestling of 2009 and is Dragongate USA's debut show "Open the Historic Gate". I haven't seen anything on this show, but it was voted the best show of last year so its gotta be good.

I am pleased with my purchases. I'll try to post reviews or thoughts on the shows or something after I get and watch them. The Dragongate shows will be here in a few weeks, and I have no idea how long it will take to get the ROH show.

Are there any other independent shows I should get?

So I just got done watching the first Dragon Gate USA show. Outside of Too Cold Scorpio vs Kenn Doane, it was a great card. The crowd at the ECW Arena was hot the entire night which made the event that much more fun to watch. I became an intant fan of BxB Hulk, everything about him was just plain awesome. IThe show had the best 8 man tag match I have ever seen. It was a Chikara showcase match. Are all Chikara matches this much fun? If so, I'm going to have to check them out. Dragon Kid vs Masato Yoshino was an awesome fast paced match. The tag match featuring the Young Bucks was full of high glying action as would be expected. The main event was another fun fun match. Itfeatured Naruki Doi vs Shingo, and it was just an awesome match.

Dragon Gate USA ( and possibly Chikara) made a new fan with this DVD. Everything about it was good. It shipped quickly, the package is nice, I got some other things with it, and it was great in ring work. If you wat to check out some awesome wresling, check out Dragon Gate USA.

I'll probably watch Open the Untouchable Gate later today or tomorrow.

What's up with the ROH streamers? The 1st ROH event I went to people had them, I didn't see them being sold. So I didn't know if people brought them in or what. Does ROH encourage them being thrown in the ring or do you have to be sneaky and do it so you won't get kicked out?

It's something borrow from Japanese wrestling. You throw the streamers in the ring to show you like a certain wrestler.

I knew that much, I just didn't know if they sold them at events and I just missed them last time I went and if they didn't sell them if it was encouraged or if it could get you throw out for throwing stuff in the ring.

I knew that much, I just didn't know if they sold them at events and I just missed them last time I went and if they didn't sell them if it was encouraged or if it could get you throw out for throwing stuff in the ring.

I was at a show last night and didn't see them being sold, so I assume you have to bring them yourself. I don't think you can get thrown out for them as long as it is at the start of a match and nothing else.

I was at a show last night and didn't see them being sold, so I assume you have to bring them yourself. I don't think you can get thrown out for them as long as it is at the start of a match and nothing else.

You're on your own for the streamers- they don't sell them at the shows. They used to encourage the throwing of steamers, but they don't do that anymore. Oh yeah, and then there's the toilet paper. You can throw that too, but that's usually reserved for Jimmy Rave.

Hope this is the right section.
I was looking for the American Wolves shirt with the Wolf on the front and "The Hunt is On" in blood on the back.
They don't have it on the ROH website and I was at the ROH show last night and they didn't sell them at the merch stand.
I don't know if they're out of print but was wondering if anybody new where to pick one of these up. It'd be greatly appreciated.

Hope this is the right section.
I was looking for the American Wolves shirt with the Wolf on the front and "The Hunt is On" in blood on the back.
They don't have it on the ROH website and I was at the ROH show last night and they didn't sell them at the merch stand.
I don't know if they're out of print but was wondering if anybody new where to pick one of these up. It'd be greatly appreciated.

I know the one you mean. If it's not in the clearance section on the website, call the office- they work miracles. They may still have one you can buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back