The ROH, Independent and International Wrestling Ask a question thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
At the request of some people, as ever this thread is just for just for closed questions.

For the life of me, I cannot find the actual match results for AJPW's 1993 Champion's Carnival. I'm trying to find out who won the match between Stan Hansen and Kenta Kobashi (since the tournament was round-robin style, I'm assuming here that they actually wrestled). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

τδιγλε;1574167 said:
For the life of me, I cannot find the actual match results for AJPW's 1993 Champion's Carnival. I'm trying to find out who won the match between Stan Hansen and Kenta Kobashi (since the tournament was round-robin style, I'm assuming here that they actually wrestled). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I just tried man and I simply cannot find any of the actual match-by-match results of the tournament, I can only find the scores of each individual. I know Hansen and Kobashi faced off sometime prior to their classic July '93 bout, but I'm not finding anything at all online to back me up on that. I don't know, the most detailed results I could find were here:

http://100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/alljap/ajcarn.htm

Good luck finding the actual match-by-match results.

I have a question that will probably make me sound completely ******ed, but here it goes...

What are the names of the two wrestlers that make up The Young Bucks?

Ok so I'm about to start watching Kenta Kobashi vs. Samoa Joe and there's a commercial for ROH DVD's before the match begins and I notice they said they sold WWE and TNA DVD's and merchandise from other companies on their online store. So I went and checked it out and indeed they do. What my question is: what's up with that? Are the WWE and TNA allowing them to sell their DVD's and they take a part of the profit? Or is it something else? Someone explain please.

Well it's pretty simple ST, they're a retailer and they can order WWE and TNA DVDs to sell just like any other retailer can. I mean if you're the WWE why would you possibly want to stop someone from buying your DVDs and stock?

Not sure if they still do though. In fact I think they stopped.

Hmm. That makes sense I guess and it's not really a bad thing that they are doing. I was just wondering why they would do it.

And yes, they still do, I think. As soon as I saw that commercial I decided to go to their website and saw that they still had WWE and TNA DVD's for sale and merchandise from other companies. So I assume they are still doing it. As a matter of fact, I think some of the DVD's may be a little cheaper than they are on the TNA and WWE website. I'll have to compare and contrast the prices later.

Okay, I really don't know all that much about ROH, so I'm wondering, who did Byran Danielson and Nigel McGuinness have their best feuds with when they were there?

Okay, I really don't know all that much about ROH, so I'm wondering, who did Byran Danielson and Nigel McGuinness have their best feuds with when they were there?

That's an easy answer, EACH OTHER! Those two had pretty much the defining rivalry of ROH probably over the course of the entire promotion's existence. Really though, asking someone to pick the best feuds from Nigel and Bryan is hard because pretty much all of them have been good.

Danielson/Morishima was pretty damn good. Nigel/Hero I liked alot, especially being live for their impromptu match in Philly at GBH VI Night 1. But like Ecko said theirs to many to pick, and they had more then a handful of good-really good matches with eachother.

Thanks Mr.Eko and JayBriscoe! I'll have to check these matches out, and I also plan on buying more ROH dvds in the future.

Let's not forget about Danielson vs. Aries and Danielson vs. KENTA. Both Aries and KENTA work exceptionally well with Danielson and some of the matches are 5 star quality.

Thanks Mr.Eko and JayBriscoe! I'll have to check these matches out, and I also plan on buying more ROH dvds in the future.

NP Man, 1 more thing though...I advise you from joining their message board "not that their ever open anyway lol" douche bags galore over there. But yeah, Check out PWG as well.

Let's not forget about Danielson vs. Aries and Danielson vs. KENTA. Both Aries and KENTA work exceptionally well with Danielson and some of the matches are 5 star quality.

I always thought Aries/Nigel meshed better then Dragon/Aries. I liked Dragon/Aries from Honor Nation but honestly was a bit let down with their last 2 matches in Philly at GBH VI Night 1 and Take No Prisoners, which I attended both, killer shows btw. It made me think how their were a handful or so of dumbasses booing the finish of Misawa & Marifuji vs KENTA & Morishima because it went to a draw. I was like "you just witnessed history and you still bitch?"

First of all, thanks RVDgurl for giving me some more info! Okay,I often hear a lot of praise about the CM Punk/Samoa Joe feud in ROH. Was it really a great feud? What matches should I look for?

First of all, thanks RVDgurl for giving me some more info! Okay,I often hear a lot of praise about the CM Punk/Samoa Joe feud in ROH. Was it really a great feud? What matches should I look for?

The feud was great because of the stiffness of their matches. They beat each other senseless. And go to Youtube and search Samoa Joe and CM Punk. You won't be disappointed. Also, look for Kenta Kobashi and Joe's match. You'll be glad you did.

Possibly the greatest fued to take place in ROH. They did a series of 3 matches, in which the first 2 were 60 minute draws. Both of these matches were phenomenal, however, I think Punk v. Joe II was the best. You absolutely need to check it out. I suggest ordering the DVD's because watching it on YouTube just isn't the same.

I always thought Aries/Nigel meshed better then Dragon/Aries.

Really? That's something to think about. I definately prefer Aries/Danielson as it was a more intense rivalry that spanned over many years. I am in no way taking anything away from Nigel because he is also a tremendous worker and he holds a special place in my heart, too. I think Xfear got it right that Danielson and McGuiness' best fueds were with with each other, but in my opinion, Aries/Danielson comes a close second.

I liked Dragon/Aries from Honor Nation but honestly was a bit let down with their last 2 matches in Philly at GBH VI Night 1 and Take No Prisoners, which I attended both, killer shows btw. It made me think how their were a handful or so of dumbasses booing the finish of Misawa & Marifuji vs KENTA & Morishima because it went to a draw. I was like "you just witnessed history and you still bitch?"

Hmmmm....interesting.....I was also at both of these shows- and you're right, they were killer. Of course, I never saw a bad show, especially when they were still held at the Armory (I miss that place, btw). Anyway, I was not one of the people booing, but I did find the Misawa/Marifuji v. KENTA/Morishima to be less than satisfying. Not necessarily the outcome, but the entire match was a little over dramatic with the selling when it came to Misawa. I don't know, I just found it to be odd.

Thank you all for giving me the answers to my questions. I think I'm going to take RVDgurls advice, and order the DVDs. If these matches are as good as you guys say they are, then I'm going to want to really enjoy them. I'll also take Mr.Lariato's advice, and look for the Kobashi and Joe match.

what is the atmosphere like at a roh event i have never been but would like to know how it compares to wcw,ecw (original) etc

Just a quick question: Is ROH an over 18 event, or can kids go to the show aswell?
I live in australia so i never was sure.

what is the atmosphere like at a roh event i have never been but would like to know how it compares to wcw,ecw (original) etc

The atmosphere at an ROH show depends on what city you're in. Before the TV tapings- all of which occur in Philly- Philly shows were great. It had the intense atmosphere because ROH had a loyal, rabid fanbase very similar to the orginal ECW. I also attend shows in Edison, and for the most part, those shows are super mellow. I've never been, but I hear that Manassas, Chicago and New York are the best places to see an ROH show.

Just a quick question: Is ROH an over 18 event, or can kids go to the show aswell?

All age shows. Before ROH got it's TV deal, it was a much more adult oriented company. There were very fews kids at the shows. I can tell you that the TV tapings in Philly are overrun with screaming kids. In fact, there are groups of what look to be 10 year olds that get dropped off at the door by their parents, so they're left unsupervised. There nothing like listening to the high pitch squeal of a 10 year old screaming "You suck motherfucker!" in your ear all night. :rolleyes:

So I just finished watching the ROH title match between Lance Storm and Byran Danielson(4/1/06), and wow, what an awesome match. I'm wondering, was Lance Storm a regular in ROH at one time? Or did he just make appearances every now and then?

I'm pretty sure it was a one off thing but I pretty distinctly remember him being back for a few other one nighters this past year.

Yeah Storm is semi-retired at this point but he's been making a few appearances over the last few years mainly for ROH, the main reason he does these things though is to secure booking for his wrestling students on ROH shows. If he wrestles, they'll usually book his students to wrestle as well and Storm is really all about his wrestling school these days, he's a great teacher who'll do anything he can to try and help out his students. So when you see him in the ring these days on a rare occasion, odds are he's wrestling in order to get booking for his students.

Check out his blog at his website for more info, and just for a good read. I read his blog every week, always entertaining. Lance Storm remains one of the more criminally underrated great in-ring technicians to ever live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back