[Official] Ask a Question Thread-MMA Version

ESPN? ESPN!? What in the fuck? Fuck you, UFC. I don't know what cunt has ESPN, but it ain't me.

Edit: "But there's more to come" - there fucking better be.

Why in Pride, did they stop the fight when they were near the ropes, and make them re-start in the same position in the middle of the ring?

I don't know if anybody will be able to find this out for me, but The Ultimate Fighter 8 still hasn't come out on Region 2 DVD. The Ultimate 2008 came out about 4 months ago, so I'd assume TUF8 would've come out at a similar time. Anybody know when it's coming out?

What's going on with Urijah Fabor? I haven't seen him since he fought Brown and broke both his hands. Directv doesn't carry VS anymore so I can't watch.

Any chance Urijah will show up in the UFC anytime soon?

Reed Harris (the guy in charge of the WEC) said back in early October that his hands healed really quickly... basically twice as fast as a normal person's would. Because Urijah healed up so quickly, he got signed to a fight against Raphael Assuncao on January 10.

There will definitely be streams around online for that fight. Look around in the Live Discussion thread when we have it. Chances are someone will post one there for people who can't watch it because Versus isn't on Direct TV. I wouldn't think it would be against the rules when it's on free television to begin with.

Theres many fights Jake Shields has been in. I have no clue every single ppv hes participated in, but his latest fight was on November 7th against Mayhem Miller in which Shields won. That was on free TV though.

Jake Shields has never fought in the UFC, PRIDE, or Affliction, so he's never been on pay-per-view.

However, fighting for EliteXC and Strikeforce, Shields has been fought on Showtime and CBS a total of 6 times; one time main eventing (Strikeforce: Shields vs. Lawler), and another co-main eventing (Strikeforce: Fedor vs Rogers). He is 6-0 in those fights.

Here's an idea I've been kicking around.

Would it be worth doing MMA Awards? Categories such as best fighter, best fight, best card, best knockout, best submission, and breakthrough fighter could be categories we run with.

Here's an idea I've been kicking around.

Would it be worth doing MMA Awards? Categories such as best fighter, best fight, best card, best knockout, best submission, and breakthrough fighter could be categories we run with.

I did them last year, and was planning to do them again this year. If you'd like to do it with me, just shoot me a PM and we'll sort it all out. The only thing for certain is that no threads will get started until after the Strikeforce Evolution show, which is on the 19th.

Damn that is actually a mighty fine idea. I would love to see what fights and events would be up for nomination. You should totally do this JMT and Guy, it would be fun as hell, no doubt.

Does anyone know what's going on with Kimbo Slice? Is he with UFC or has he signed with someone else?

Does anyone know what's going on with Kimbo Slice? Is he with UFC or has he signed with someone else?

He's still there. He fights Matt Mitrione on May 8, 2010 at UFC 113.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back