*MERGED* WWE Ask a Question Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WWE is always known for rewriting history whenever it fits their storylines. DX has tapped before, but it fits their stories to have people not remember that. The best answer I can give you: because it helps them.

Did Kevin Nash really book himself to end Goldberg's streak, or did he have something to do with that?

First off IDK if this has beenasked or not and if so I'm sorry but my question is....

Is the ECW and US title part of the WWE triple Crown?

I don't think so. As far as I know it's still the World Title, Tag Titles, and IC Title.

Did Kevin Nash really book himself to end Goldberg's streak, or did he have something to do with that?

yes as a matter of fact he did...Kevin Nash was one of the head bookers in WCW at the time and felt that he should be the one to end the streak.... although im not sure if he came up with the whole taser angle or not

Actually, no, Kevin Nash was NOT one of the head bookers at that time. The match happened in December, and it wasn't until the following February that he became a part of the booking team, and even then, his role as a booker in the company was extremely limited (the only show he claims to have booked entirely was a single episode of Thunder in 1999). He definitely had pull backstage during the Goldberg streak, and he very well may have brought up that he would be a suitable person to end Goldberg's streak, but he was not the one that booked the match or the finish.

If I'm not mistaken Dusty Rhodes was the one doing the booking for the Goldberg angle. And if you actually go back and watch that match, the crowd pops big time for Nash winning. At that point just about everyone was sick and tired of Goldberg, though people these days would have you believe everyone loved Goldberg to death forever. Not true, people were absolutely sick and tired of Goldberg by that point. Everyone likes to shit on Nash, but that A) Wasn't his decision, and B) He was the only suitable choice to end Goldberg's streak, which was long overdue.

So, no, Nash did not book himself over Goldberg. Dusty Rhodes did.

There were to have rumoured talks of having WWE Diva Mickie James keep on using her Alexis Laree name tag during her psycho heel run to keep with the history that name has & later switch to Mickie James.

Was this true or was this just a rumour? It has been bugging me for a while & I can't find the answer anywhere.

I never heard of them wanting to keep the Alexis name on her. I guess they could be true, but I can't find anything on the web about that "rumor". Furthermore, you have to remember that WWE likes to have the rights to their wrestlers names so that's another thing that makes me doubt this rumor.

This doesn't really fit in the WWE Ask A Question section per se, but I was wondering if there was a resource or site on the web where you could keep up to date with wrestlers contracts. It would just be interesting to see in terms of who could be the next to jump ship.

Does this magical contract place exist?

This doesn't really fit in the WWE Ask A Question section per se, but I was wondering if there was a resource or site on the web where you could keep up to date with wrestlers contracts. It would just be interesting to see in terms of who could be the next to jump ship.

Does this magical contract place exist?

WrestleZone usually always reports the big name contracts that are coming to a close, so just watch the mainsite. This years contracts coming to a close being, Kurt, and Sting thus far. As for the smaller names, they usually don't report/care.

Not really Sam. You didn't watch the PPV? That crowd was very pro-Undertaker, they popped huge for him. I'm sure someone who was actually at the show could verify that.

I have a wwe Qustion i hope i dont get bannded or get any infragment or nuthing like that.
but uhmm

Why did Vince put over Shawn Micheals instead of Marty Jannety when they were going to break up.

I think it has to do with Marty having personal problems or maybe he just wanted Shawn to be the one that gets the push.

I have a wwe Qustion i hope i dont get bannded or get any infragment or nuthing like that.
but uhmm

Why did Vince put over Shawn Micheals instead of Marty Jannety when they were going to break up.

Well apart from Vince and company thinking that Shawn was the better talent of the two, Marty was going through some personal problems around the time of the Rockers break-up, and the WWF was in the midst of an annoying lawsuit over an incident in which Jannetty broke a man's neck at a house show. Ended up costing the WWF millions. Marty was having some issues with drugs at the time as well. Add his personal issues to Shawn Michaels star on the rise, and you can see why the WWF went with HBK there. Shawn was just a clearly superior talent.

Thank you for answering my qustion. I have another one but i dont want to ask to much.

No problem, feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like, we've got plenty of very knowledgeable wrestling fans on here.

I'm confused, is Bret Hart actually returning to the WWE or not?

There are no plans for that as of right now. The whole Bret Hart story is just about Bret saying that he wouldn't rule out a return to the WWE in the future, not that he planned to. This is big news because for years Bret said he would absolutely never work with Vince again. I wouldn't be shocked to see him brought in at some point in the coming years in some capacity.

I will ask one more and then i will go check out the Tna thread.

Do think ron simmions Dlo brown and mark henrey were underated in the nation of domination faction.

I will ask one more and then i will go check out the Tna thread.

Do think ron simmions Dlo brown and mark henrey were underated in the nation of domination faction.

Well, personally, I definitely feel that the Nation of Domination are an underrated stable. They were a bit cheesy in their early days but when The Rock came around and joined them, the group really took off. Mark Henry was actually a pretty damn good big man during his first few years in the wrestling business, and I'm a big fan of both Ron Simmons and D'Lo Brown, both of whom I feel are criminally underrated. Ron Simmons was the first black World Champion in the US, and had some damn, damn good matches during his WCW days. When he joined the WWF he even had a few good matches and reinvented himself totally with the Acolytes, who were definitely a very good tag team. D'Lo Brown was everything that a guy like MVP is right now, but ten years ago, and in my opinion about ten times better. Very skilled in the ring, and very good on the mic, I loved D'Lo Brown and thought he could have made a truly great long reigning midcarder and IC title holder.

I'd definitely say all three were underrated during their Nation of Domination days.

Just to point out that this thread is for simple answers, not your opinion on a matter. If you want to know peoples opinions post a thread, the NOD would make a good thread, you should make it :)

Was the WWE really that close to going under in 97/98 or was it for show in the DVDs?(Any proof like money losses and stuff would be nice)

It's difficult to say for sure. I know the ratings were in real trouble and therefore I'd assume the company was losing a lot of money. It's really hard to say how close the got or didn't get, but I'd assume that there's a good amount of both truth and lies in what's said on DVDs.

Old School would be the best place for a thread like that.

I may even check it out because I liked the Nation of Domination. The way I figure it out is that if they are still active on the WWE roster, it goes in the WWE boards. If they are not but they were in the past, it goes in the Old School section.

I'm not sure if anyone here can help, but here goes:

When Vince was scheduling the original WrestleMania, did he place it when it was, to avoid competing with the Super Bowl? In 1985, the Bears were dominating, and the Super Bowl was doing it's usual numbers. I figured there was a chance he waited until the end of March, early April so he had time to build and advertise, and still get it in before baseball season as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back