Memoirs of a WrestleZone Moderator by Uncle Sam

Sam gave me my first rep on the forums for arguing that Khali should beat Taker. He even sent me a PM. I was tickled, to say the least.

Chapter Four:
Being Made a Mod to Annoy Jonny

Jonny still hated me. I don't believe him for a second.

Anyway, I'm going to listen to Queen's Greatest Hits while writing this chapter, so hopefully it'll be a good one.

These days it's unfortunate that being a mod has lost the shine that it once had. Aside from the odd anonymous noob, few posters care about becoming a mod. Even fewer posters of real worth. That's largely because most posters of any real worth - and some of no real worth - have become mods, become bored with it and quit. Those that haven't are those that make up your current staff.

I like to think that when I first became a moderator in the long since forgotten year of 2008, it still had a fair deal of that shine.

Sorry, have to briefly interrupt myself to announce that I've just finished importing the CD and Bohemian Rhapsody is currently playing.

Anyway, yeah - when I was made a mod it was during a time when everyone was clamouring to be a mod. Being demodded was what broke xfear's heart and why he's currently just the husk of a man that you would have witnessed pre-2008. Being a mod was like being a rock star. An internet rock star, which - quite frankly - is the best kind of rock star there is. I've since deleted the PM I got from Jake offering me the all important position of non-wrestling moderator. And you thought Ricky got all the best jobs. However, I roughly remember how our long PM conversation went.

Jake: Hey, wanna be a mod?

Sam: Is there much work?

Jake: No.

Sam: Sign me up.

You might think that was a humorous interpretation of events but no, that is genuinely how it went. Jake would later tell me that I was made a mod to annoy Jonny and, as we've already established, that is 100% true.

As non-wrestling moderator, there was fucking nothing to do. I got into the board room, made about three posts and then just sat about twiddling my thumbs for hours on end. I'm not going to lie to you, it's pretty similar to my role as a moderator these days. From back then, it's only me and Luther left on the staff. Everyone else has gone.

As non-wrestling moderator, I did what every new moderator does: I infracted. I infracted left and right. I infracted everyone that so much thought about maybe questionably breaking a rule sometime in the near future. I infracted to the point where there was nobody left to infract, and then I infracted some more. Why? To prove my mettle, motherfucker. I knew the rules. Well, I knew one; no spam. That was enough for about fifty infractions a day. Another One Bites The Dust just came on, and it could not be more fitting.

And it was with this brutal hunger that I found myself as TNA mod. Once again, a more or less exact conversation:

Jake: DJ Martyn's a shit mod, anyone wanna take over TNA?

Sam: Oooh, me Jake! Me! Here is a long list of reasons why I'm the best man for the job: [Long list of reasons]

Jake: OK, go nuts.

Sam: Now I can start making a fucking ton of threads in that section - something which no other new mod has or ever will do.

And then this is where you expect me to make a chapter about my time as TNA moderator. But I refuse! Perhaps later, but the next chapter will be my favourite of all:

Chapter Five:
Y 2 Jake

And how to steal his mannerisms as best you can​

This is the greatest thread I have read since joining here and beyond. I'm serious.

Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.

TM thinks me and GD are Jake and Sam in training. He's likely setting us up for a fall by saying such nice things, but that's neither here nor there. This next chapter is extremely important to us. Be thorough please.

I'm already HIGH on STRESS PILLS...!

My hair is falling out and I have developed a skin condition.

I think you may be right!

:)

I'm already HIGH on STRESS PILLS...!

My hair is falling out and I have developed a skin condition.

I think you may be right!

:)

I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid.

WTF!?

That's it! Sam has finally flipped his shit. I secretly knew this day would come.

I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.

Daisy Daisy,
Give me your answer do!
I'm half crazy,
All for the love of you!
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage,
But you'll look sweet on the seat
Of a bicycle built for two !

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Sam for poster of the Decade!!!

I love this shit. It's nice to hear these stories for the again. It's like hearing them for the first time. I apparently was six months too late to the party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back