• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kane's Return - KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!

I'm all for the mask returning but it has to be the original mask as that was the most intimidating the one he wore at the end looked dumb and i hated it.. Also first order of business is to destroy mark henry then team back up with big show and the 2 of them go on a rampage like there first run as a team.. They were unstoppable they destroyed team smackdown left batista lying in a pool of his own blood multiple times and were swatting tag teams away left right and centre it took the combined power of john cena and hbk to take them down

I'm anticipating Kanes return more than any other return of a superstar in the past and its because of the mask being back.
I do however feel that he wasn't destroyed enough for him to be mentally scarred enough to have to put the mask back on but I know they'll think of something cool.
When he was first in wwf/e I always thought of kane as a kind of jason voorhees/micheal myers type of character who was just a mindless psychotic bastard who just wanted to inflict pain on people and I thought of him that way because of how creepy he looked with his mask and the red lights and the organs playing etc he was just an awesome character.
I did like the mental case twisted, sadistic psychopath he betrays without the mask with the evil laugh too but I want to see him back the way he originally was so he can get back that certain ora of mystique and distrust of what he might do. Its more scary to not see his facial expressions cause you can't tell what he's thinking to me.
It would be cool to see paul bearer bring him back too. I hope JR exaggerates his entrances like he used to saying things like "straight from the bowels of hell!", "lock your doors, baton down the hatches!" "oh my my gawd somebody call 911 its Kane, by gawd its..., ITS KANE!
I expect he'll have a new look we haven't seen before though cause I don't think he can grow hair anymore as he would've gone bald over the years and that would've been one of the reasons why they ditched the mask look originally. Looking forward to it.

I feel like vomiting, eating it and then vomiting it back up again. How many threads did I post in saying there is no way he will come back with the mask, he shouldn't come back with the mask? Ugh. I guess from the looks of the forum, it might actually be a good thing considering all the people who want him to come back with the mask but I am still failling to see how This will make him look stronger or wrestle better matches then what not wearing the mask would do. Remember Kane didn't get the mask off of jim carey, It's not going to make him any better then what he could be without it.

I've just read the report on the WZ home page which says that WWE creative are unsure if Kane will be with or without mask when he returns, and he will possibly be returning as a heel. Now this got me thinking of a couple of questions....

1. If he returns without the mask, will he still be a rampaging monster?

2. Why would the mask make this return any different?

We've all seen what a monster he was with the mask after his debut, up until his half mask return, then he lost his "monster edge" slightly.

But we've also seen him as a monster without the mask, the time just after he removed the mask he was (in my opinion) a bigger monster than anytime that he had the mask.

We've all seen his "human side" with and without the mask, so as Sparky said, what difference does that mask actually do to Kane? It doesn't make him any stronger, if creative booked him right when he returns he can be a monster without the mask!

If kane actually do come back with the mask and he is a monster that kills everyone again then i really hope wwe dont fuck it up the storyline. In my opinion they have fucked up alot of storylines and i will be pissed off if they fuck this one up aswell. But I hope it is in the mask. I like the royal rumble idea and i dont relly like the idea that kane will thank mark henry. I want him to be the irremovable force that he once was. Wwe fucked up his character so bad they put him in a match at Wrestlemania teaming with Santino. Oh santino even though I love him that is totally fucking up kanes character. But i hope he comes back and all hell breaks loose and he is the new mark henry. He is the one nobody can stop. If this storyline does hppen i can see a feud between kane and henry, kane and big show and kane and orton. I relly dont want kane vs taker at mania again because third time could be the charm and if kane is unbeatable, the streak will die. 19-1. But hopefully that wont happen. Anyway my point is WWE better not fuck up this storyline that has so much potential!!!

I've just read the report on the WZ home page which says that WWE creative are unsure if Kane will be with or without mask when he returns, and he will possibly be returning as a heel. Now this got me thinking of a couple of questions....

1. If he returns without the mask, will he still be a rampaging monster?

2. Why would the mask make this return any different?

We've all seen what a monster he was with the mask after his debut, up until his half mask return, then he lost his "monster edge" slightly.

But we've also seen him as a monster without the mask, the time just after he removed the mask he was (in my opinion) a bigger monster than anytime that he had the mask.

We've all seen his "human side" with and without the mask, so as Sparky said, what difference does that mask actually do to Kane? It doesn't make him any stronger, if creative booked him right when he returns he can be a monster without the mask!

I read the same thing and it all harkens back to my last post about how WWE could be just trying to swerve everybody by so heavily teasing the mask. They did it with the whole burlap sack thing a couple years ago, only to fool everybody when he pulled out Rey Mysterio's mask. I am expecting this to be much of the same. So much focus of the promos has been on the mask that it would have to seem like a huge let down if he doesn't return with it. So far, every promo he's been wearing the mask, but he eventually burns the mask and throws it on the floor it seems. I'm waiting for a promo where the mask doesn't fall, like he emphatically decides... but I am having my doubts. I'm not sold on the mask because it's not necessary (as was evidenced by his push in 2010), but I'm admittedly very intrigued by the idea and I practically am begging for the mask to come back at this point so we can see how it works out.

OMG I just marked out majorly!!! From the moment the fire went off to the moment he took off that rocketeer mask and revealed the NEW mask.

The outfit looks cool, the new mask from what I could tell has a nice twisted look, and the music is better than ever. Not sure how I like the wig he is wearing since there would be no way he could grow his hair out that long in so short of a time. But that details.

Cheap, easy heat right away to go after Cena like that.

KANE IS BACK AND IM EXCITED!!!!

I doubt there will be heat for attacking Cena. As he got a monster pop when he chokeslammed him. I can see him playing the anti-hero monster role here... But interesting feud to say the least

Lord Of The "Ring";3577742 said:
There is no way that is kane..and kane weighs alot more than the wrestler that choke slammed cena...it did appear to be Taker to me as well

You're full of shit. First of all, he was wearing a top. That could easily hide some of his flab. Second, you could see right behind the mask, that was fucking Kane.

You people are just too quick to jump on conspiracies.

Honestly though, he looked rather silly. The wig, the mask, it's all just kind of dated. I hope the story is interesting but I'm not "marking out" for a mask that should've stayed dead and buried.

The wig looked scraggly and almost sickly which would play into the psychotic/demented role he will surely play. The tights look a little off though

Of course he's going to say it was Kane. But it really didn't look like Kane to me. The guy I knew as Kane was heavier, older, less athletic, and didn't have such long hair :)

I am so glad Kane is back with the Mask. I love his New Ring Attire and am glad The Monster is back. Also maybe he lost some weight,he has been out since the Summer btw.

As i was watching Raw i started thinking" hey CeNa is not in a match this weekend, he must be taking this 1 off." Then 5 seconds later out comes KANE. I was ctually suprised since i thought he would return the Monday before the Royal Rumble, and for the 1st time in a long time the internet didnt spoil it for me. The exstentions are uncalled for, The mask would be fine without the hair, but i guess i can get used to it for the time being. I think that a quick 1 ppv match with CeNa is a good way for the WWE to put the vetran at the top of the card. It just seems weird he isn't going after Henry,the guy who took him ou, just so he can be a heel. All in all i like having Kane back,as he add's star power to the raw brand.

So Kane just returned and chokeslamed Cena....am I crazy or was that the undertaker? When they did a close up of him I could have sworn that it was Taker. Am I alone in this?

The chokeslam was higher, and he was more slinder in build.

Now, just from me watching UT 15 years and kane about 13, That is a signature difference in the two. Taker's chokeslams are usualy much higher over the head, while Kane's are almost "jack knife" type.
The slinder build is of course Taker. But I would have to go back and look at the close-up again. Taker is a legit 6'9", while Kane is actually 6'7" with lifts to brng him to 6'10".

But I dont see why the WWE would do that and switch them. Don't think so.

That was definatly Kane

Marked out like a mother. Loved it when he was just standing at the top of the ramp when he first came out. He looked fucking LETHAL with that outer mask on. The new mask looks sweet as hell too. I know some people aren't thrilled with it, but give a guy who doesn't have to change a damn thing to stay over some credit for changing his game up. I'm excited to see where Kane takes his character from here.

P.S. That is definitely Glen Jacobs, always has been, and always will be. Well, outside of the two times that Taker and Gallows played fake Kanes.

Oh yeah. Slowly the product is returning to a more edgy erie type. i love it. keep it up

I don't want to come off as an ass, but what about Kane's return tonight made the product looked like the product is more edgy? Mask only appears to give flavor to what has. een a stale character for a while.

I do recall Kane saying he felt like he was becoming less of a monster before he was put on the shelf, so the new mask is likely him trying to get that 'monstrosity' back.

Now, with that said.

BAH GAWD, THAT WAS AWESOME! And we may have Taker's WM opponent here.

The main event was so boring and as I was just about to chance the channel BOOM! Kane comes out and the crowd went crazy. Im glad he took that ugly black mask off!

It gets increasingly difficult for this wrestling fan to mark out at a non-wrestling portion of WWE. I legitimately went nuts when CM Punk did his scripted shoot in June. And I just went nuts seeing THE Kane come back. Not the Kane that blended in with everyone. Not the Kane that lost any momentum from losing his mask a year after that was done. No, this is the version of Kane I think a lot of die-hard fans were waiting to return. Yes, the mystique is gone as to what lies underneath the mask. But this is the Kane everyone feared and loved from the Attitude Era. At his age, he won't be an unstoppable monster forever. So, I'm just going to enjoy Kane's return to the mask and hope WWE lets this character continue to flourish with this new direction for the foreseeable future.

Yea I was wondering the same. How does a match occur in 6 days between Cena and Kane with no buildup whatsoever other than 1 chokeslam at the end of the LAST Raw before the PPV?

Also, the noticeable differences between the picture posted earlier of the new Kane look and the old Kane I remember are the goatee, which will make someone look different of course, but also the nose. I don't know, I'm sure it was Kane for realz, but it just didn't look like him. Did Kane always have that scarring on his right arm?

He looks slimmer because he has a leotard on again... they are designed to make you look more toned and tight.. jeeze

As soon as Kane returns we have doubts if it's even Glenn Jacobs playing him... it's just like when he went unmasked all over... not everything has to be a conspiracy!

there is smackdown which kane is apart of the roster no? maybe cena has rematch with henry but show intereferes, but hery fights back, then daniel bryan runs to the ring and then cody rhodes...then booker gets up and comes and gets some, theres pandomonium in the ring.... then POW kane marches down cleans house and leaves show/henry/cena (one of them) in a bloodbath in middle of the ring :)

I hope he gives a good speech on Smackdown.
IF they don't have some closure with Henry, I'll be pissed. He'll likely give a speech like, "I was weak without my mask, but I'm stronger with it..." Please WWE, give us closure and not just drop that angle. Henry needs another real opponent besides the Big Show. We're tired of seeing that match AGAIN and AGAIN

I doubt that it is Taker since it doesn't have any tatoos. (taker has a lot of tatoos on his arms so it should be seen immediately).

I seriously believe it is Kane, although it seems like he lost some weight. We can't confirm it yet until he wrestles. And since we just witnessed an impostor sin cara arc, I doubt that they would bring in that gimmick again.

Great explosive return for Kane. He looked like a monster again.

Did anyone else notice in the Kane video package they shown today the only superstar that was shown was Cena? I think it signifies that hes feuding with Cena, and not Henry. So i think Henry is out of the picture.
And for that return, OMG. I enjoyed that so much. It was a complete surprise and he looked scarier than ever. When he was just standing at the top of the ramp i thought that made him look like a badass.
Very excited for Kane, cant wait what to see whats in store for him at Mania. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back