• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IMPACT Wrestling LD for 08.31.11

I mean anything significant, read as another arrest, him showing up "in no condition to perform", obviously a mess up like Victory Road etc. I think the difference you and I have here is that I think he's had more than enough chances already, ranging from his issues in WWE to his ones in TNA, the biggest of which happened in the latter. I have very little tolerance for substance abuse of any kind and what happened to Hardy was the worst I can remember seeing ever in wrestling.

I'm with you and we're definitely on the same page. This isn't a guy who messed up for the first time on live PPV. This was a culmination of YEARS of screw ups, so to bring him back after just a few months seems absolutely ridiculous. I absolutely would have fired him and said never come back. MAYBE if he tried to get help (something no one can prove to me he's done), then you consider it, but I still wouldn't. No one is bigger than the company. TNA seems to be doing ok without him. Why risk it for a guy that has done nothing but screw up?

You realize that substance abuse is an addiction/disease right? It takes a lot for someone to over come.. much like over coming alcholism.

HBK was a substance abusive person as well.. yet everyone loves him now.. who is to say Hardy can not turn it around like him? Why must everyone go out and compare him to Hall instead?

Man people just wish the worse in people.. instead of wishing people well.. stop being so mean spirited.

People with this problem need HELP ..

That's exactly it. He needs help. Going back to a place that enables these problems is not a way to get help. Let him go away and actually get the right kind of help. Bringing him back because you believe no one on your roster can draw better and putting him in a position to fail in life is a bad move on so many levels.

That's exactly it. He needs help. Going back to a place that enables these problems is not a way to get help. Let him go away and actually get the right kind of help. Bringing him back because you believe no one on your roster can draw better and putting him in a position to fail in life is a bad move on so many levels.

Thats what you THINK... we don't KNOW if he has gotten help or not.. he has been off the grid for MONTHS....not EVERYTHING is put in the public's view.

I don't seem to remember saying Hardy was a big enough draw for them to keep. I seem to remember saying exactly the opposite.

Yes, and I pointed out that you have absolutely zero idea of what you are talking about.

The people running the company, who know buy rates and merchandise figures (including the new hardy DVD which sold whilst he was off camera) and also also happen to have a better understanding of Jeff Hardy's circumstances judged that he was a big enough draw to retain (just as they determined that Matt Hardy was not).

Since you have provided absolutely no evidence or argument or any kind to the contrary, I am going to go with the simply and rational conclusion that Jeff Hardy holds value to TNA.
If you can explain why he does not instead of simply echoing the baseless claim over and over again then me my guest, but until then, I'm going to side with common sense.

You realize that substance abuse is an addiction/disease right? It takes a lot for someone to over come.. much like over coming alcholism.

HBK was a substance abusive person as well.. yet everyone loves him now.. who is to say Hardy can not turn it around like him? Why must everyone go out and compare him to Hall instead?

Man people just wish the worse in people.. instead of wishing people well.. stop being so mean spirited.

People with this problem need HELP ..and many CAN over come it.

Don't start it, can't get addicted. Plain and simple. I've never had a drop of alcohol and you know what? I'm not addicted to it at all and it has caused no problems for me. If someone gets addicted to something that's their problem and I have very little sympathy for them.

Yes, and I pointed out that you have absolutely zero idea of what you are talking about.

The people running the company, who know buy rates and merchandise figures (including the new hardy DVD which sold whilst he was off camera) and also also happen to have a better understanding of Jeff Hardy's circumstances judged that he was a big enough draw to retain (just as they determined that Matt Hardy was not).

Since you have provided absolutely no evidence or argument or any kind to the contrary, I am going to go with the simply and rational conclusion that Jeff Hardy holds value to TNA.
If you can explain why he does not instead of simply echoing the baseless claim over and over again then me my guest, but until then, I'm going to side with common sense.

Then we might as well shut down the TNA section because none of us know what is really going on. That's the point of this place: you speculate about stuff and say what you think is going on.

As for his value to TNA, sure he has value. I just don't think it's enough to validate keeping him and all his baggage around.

Thats what you THINK... we don't KNOW if he has gotten help or not.. he has been off the grid for MONTHS....not EVERYTHING is put in the public's view.

You're right, but I also know that alcoholics don't go to places where they'll be around alcohol just a few months after starting rehab (something we have no reason to believe Jeff Hardy has been through). Even if he has, you don't go back to the place that enables you, that's what I'm saying.

Couldn't tell. I was laughing too hard. :)

You were the kid that laughed every time a friend farted in class weren't you? Like all throughout college too I'd think.

Sorry bro, but that segment wasn't funny at all. Very little EY has done lately has been. Yeah, it's my opinion, but I stand by that.

You were the kid that laughed every time a friend farted in class weren't you? Like all throughout college too I'd think.

Sorry bro, but that segment wasn't funny at all. Very little EY has done lately has been. Yeah, it's my opinion, but I stand by that.

Fuck how funny he was. Did you see how ripped he looked and the fucking beard?!

Then we might as well shut down the TNA section because none of us know what is really going on. That's the point of this place: you speculate about stuff and say what you think is going on.

As for his value to TNA, sure he has value. I just don't think it's enough to validate keeping him and all his baggage around.

Oh please. This is basically the whole "well it's my OPINION" defence that the idiots in the non spam sections trot out on a regular basis. You're better than that.

Of course the door is open to speculation, but speculation is supposed to be based on something. Your conclusion that Jeff Hardy is more trouble than he is worth is based exclusively upon the fact that you don't like Jeff Hardy. If it wasn't then you'd apply a consistent standard to the legions of other fuckups throughout the entirety of wrestling history (bye bye Angle, Michaels, Stone Cold, Hogan, Hall, RVD and a hundred other top names in the business).

Speculation is fine. Irrational speculation is going to get called out as being irrational.

Absolutely. EY is hilarious to me.

Oh please. This is basically the whole "well it's my OPINION" defence that the idiots in the non spam sections trot out on a regular basis. You're better than that.

Of course the door is open to speculation, but speculation is supposed to be based on something. Your conclusion that Jeff Hardy is more trouble than he is worth is based exclusively upon the fact that you don't like Jeff Hardy. If it wasn't then you'd apply a consistent standard to the legions of other fuckups throughout the entirety of wrestling history (bye bye Angle, Michaels, Stone Cold, Hogan, Hall, RVD and a hundred other top names in the business).

Speculation is fine. Irrational speculation is going to get called out as being irrational.

I don't dislike Jeff Hardy. I dislike people that mess up their lives and then expect me to feel sorry for them and applaud them when they clean themselves up. It's like putting out a fire you start. They shouldn't get a medal for it. They should get in trouble for starting it in the first place.

And of all those people, how many messed up a PPV main event? I know of one, Hall, and he was gone immediately. Hardy made a bigger mess than anyone ever and he gets to keep his job while getting three months vacation. Great way to tell your talent not to mess up: "You better not do that again or I'll give you even more time off!" It's one thing to screw up backstage. It's another to do it on camera and to me, it's inexcusable given his record, especially allegedly showing up "in no condition to perform" earlier in the year.

I don't dislike Jeff Hardy. I dislike people that mess up their lives and then expect me to feel sorry for them and applaud them when they clean themselves up. It's like putting out a fire you start. They shouldn't get a medal for it. They should get in trouble for starting it in the first place.

Well that's sad. But I've wept at your complete lack of compassion for anybody who didn't emulate your life choices several times before and I can't be fucked to go through that again. Yeah, the 20,000,000 alcoholics and 8,000,000 drug addicts in the United States alone should all have simply been as smart as you are, and if they weren't... fuck them. Sad.

And of all those people, how many messed up a PPV main event? I know of one, Hall, and he was gone immediately. Hardy made a bigger mess than anyone ever and he gets to keep his job while getting three months vacation. Great way to tell your talent not to mess up: "You better not do that again or I'll give you even more time off!" It's one thing to screw up backstage. It's another to do it on camera and to me, it's inexcusable given his record, especially allegedly showing up "in no condition to perform" earlier in the year.

So why are wellness policy violations (which are noticeably shorter than Jeff Hardy's suspension) all well and good, but the exact same actions being taken with regards to Hardy automatically classified as a holiday? Is that one shed of logic to this double standard, or is it just the 'you not liking Hardy' factor coming in to play again?

I still don't understand why doing it on camera matters. The only people this changes the circumstances for are the fans, and as we have established multiple times previously, the fans still want to see Jeff Hardy. If your argument is based on the on camera nature of his fuckup hurting the company then your argument holds no water, because it very visibly has not done so.

But I think I would take this over a guy who has an extended drug history, likely including trafficking (sure, yet to be proven), and a guy who shows up for the main event of a PPV too stoned to compete.
LOL.

Fun show tonight. I came away passionately loving professional wrestling, which is always a good sign. I'm even into Sting and Hogan now. I imagine everyone would be just as pleased as me right now if they didn't show up for KB's habitual thread derailing time after time. Go figure.

As for this entire Hardy debacle, I'm going Nancy Grace "Swift Justice" on this and siding with the Hardy/TNA backers. Well played, gents.

Well that's sad. But I've wept at your complete lack of compassion for anybody who didn't emulate your life choices several times before and I can't be fucked to go through that again. Yeah, the 20,000,000 alcoholics and 8,000,000 drug addicts in the United States alone should all have simply been as smart as you are, and if they weren't... fuck them. Sad.

They should have. It would be a far less complicated world. I'm all for people getting better and fixing their lives, but I stop caring after time after time after time. Screwing up once is one thing as everyone is going to at some point (yes, even potentially me but let's not get absurd here) but time after time? That's not acceptable to me.

So why are wellness policy violations (which are noticeably shorter than Jeff Hardy's suspension) all well and good, but the exact same actions being taken with regards to Hardy automatically classified as a holiday? Is that one shed of logic to this double standard, or is it just the 'you not liking Hardy' factor coming in to play again?

I still don't understand why doing it on camera matters. The only people this changes the circumstances for are the fans, and as we have established multiple times previously, the fans still want to see Jeff Hardy. If your argument is based on the on camera nature of his fuckup hurting the company then your argument holds no water, because it very visibly has not done so.

It's different because the fans might not have had any idea of it and it doesn't create headaches for the company. Out of sight out of mind in a sense. It makes them look amateurish, which isn't what they're aiming for I wouldn't think. It was definitely good of TNA to give out the subscription stuff and it made me have feel better about them. That being said, they wouldn't have had to deal with Hardy if not for him screwing up. It's Jeff's fault and TNA is stupid for dealing with him. The guy should be in jail but the North Carolina court system is taking forever so it'll likely be dismissed for some technicality.

As for the wellness policy, I'd think there's quite a difference in steroids and somethign that makes it hard for you to stand up straight in a physical contact sport, but that's just me. We'll leave out the danger he and/or Sting could have been in and what could have happened in a match with Hardy in that condition as well and the potential ramifications that TNA could have faced due to it, all because Jeff, a grown man, couldn't control himself. I have zero sympathy for that and I likely never will.

This really says it all right here. Jeff Hardy has been a perpetual screw up. He failed two wellness policy violations in WWE, and would have failed a third one only he had already left the company. This all came after his first stint in WWE real years ago, when he left the company for similar reasons, went to TNA only to continuously screw up again, and then returned to WWE to keep right on screwing up. Two WWE stints and two TNA stints, all consistently marred by drug problems and stupidity.

Now, with drug charges looming, having received no treatment or rehab, and with no reason to logically think he's changed at all, he's being thrust right back into the same environment, where the chances are extremely high he'll continue right on down the same path.

How people can compare the Hardy situation to the other superstars listed in earlier posts is beyond me. How many Victory Roads do we need before they realize that the upside he may bring is nowhere near the negativity you know he will bring.

I would think that for PR reasons if nothing else, any rehab appearance by Jeff Hardy would be well publicized. Plus he has consistently refused rehab everywhere he has been employed.

Perhaps better to admit that one does not necessarily know everything, rather than being egotistical or delusional enough to think that one does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back