IMPACT Wrestling LD for 10.06.11

Really? Dude... we've got a wedding to plan. Mind sharing some winning lottery numbers while you're at your crystal ball?

Would love to be able to help you and your fiancee out, IDR (congrats and good luck by the way), but I don't have any winning lottery numbers, but I do have common sense, and the ability to extrapolate past events onto future occurrences.

Now that was quite a shock. Hogan isn't retiring after all. He is "competing" in the main event at BFG, with control of TNA on the line, again. Couldn't see that one coming.

It's truly incredible how much that segment benefited from that the fact that the crowd were legitimately worked. You can count the number of times something like that has been accomplished in recent years on one hand, and this is one of the slickest executions.

I totally agree... that was Incredible.

Hogan's stipulation was so forced it felt like a bull cock rampaging into an infant's anus.

Doesn't stop the fact that the segment was good.

Also Sting/Hogan in a street fight I think is smart.. to expect hogan to "Wrestle" was full of fail.. they can hide some stuff in a street fight and make it passable.

It's truly incredible how much that segment benefited from that the fact that the crowd were legitimately worked. You can count the number of times something like that has been accomplished in recent years on one hand, and this is one of the slickest executions.

I can't even think of the last time it was executed this well. Hogan is the third man?

I still maintain my position that having Sting versus Hogan in the main event of TNA's biggest show of the year is a terrible idea, focusing too much on nostalgia and not enough on quality wrestling, on youth, or on the future. Having said this, bearing in mind that it is destined to happen and we all know this, tonight's last segment was actually pretty well done, except for Hogan covering his mouth and gasping in shock over what he said, that was a little bit cheesy.

One final note regarding the TNA fans:

I find it very interesting that TNA fans pride themselves on being the smart fans and the more mature ones that are sick of the PG era and being treated like children, yet if we're to believe that they were that angry over Hogan's scheme being exposed, it makes them look more like children that can be led around by the nose than any WWE fan has looked in years.

"Gee....Hogan doesn't want to fight Sting and he promised that he wouldn't do it then says he has a way to get out of it."

One week passes.

"OH NO!!! HE'S RETIRING!!! I'M SO SAD AND CRUSHED!!!"

One more week passes and it's exposed as a lie.

"KILL HIM!!! HANG HIS BALD HEAD ON A PIKE TO BLIND HIS CHILDREN WITH THE SUN REFLECTING ONTO IT AS IT BURNS HIS SCALPED CARCASS!!!"

Translation: My favorite wrestler told a lie and I actually fell for it, which is exactly what I take pride in not doing because TNA is about wrestling, not silly stories, right?

One final note regarding the TNA fans:

I find it very interesting that TNA fans pride themselves on being the smart fans and the more mature ones that are sick of the PG era and being treated like children, yet if we're to believe that they were that angry over Hogan's scheme being exposed, it makes them look more like children that can be led around by the nose than any WWE fan has looked in years.

"Gee....Hogan doesn't want to fight Sting and he promised that he wouldn't do it then says he has a way to get out of it."

One week passes.

"OH NO!!! HE'S RETIRING!!! I'M SO SAD AND CRUSHED!!!"

One more week passes and it's exposed as a lie.

"KILL HIM!!! HANG HIS BALD HEAD ON A PIKE TO BLIND HIS CHILDREN WITH THE SUN REFLECTING ONTO IT AS IT BURNS HIS SCALPED CARCASS!!!"

Translation: My favorite wrestler told a lie and I actually fell for it, which is exactly what I take pride in not doing because TNA is about wrestling, not silly stories, right?

Would someone else explain why this is the stupidest comment I've read all week? I really cannot be bothered.

Do me a favor: show me where I said the segment was bad.

You don't have to say it's bad. My point was not that you said it was bad. My point was that no matter how good something in TNA is, you will always, 100%, beyond any shadow of doubt find a way to complain about it, even if it's whining about some aspect of it that is completely irrelevant.

Angle could have a five-star match with Roode at BFG with Roode winning in dramatic fashion and you'd be the first one among a crowd of cheering and congratulatory fans to write something like "Great win for Bobby, but I can't believe TNA let that fan in the back right corner with the cookie monster outfit enter their shot for Roode's celebration."

So like I said: Everyone agrees the segment is well done. KB finds a way to complain about a minor aspect of it. SHOCKING!

You don't have to say it's bad. My point was not that you said it was bad. My point was that no matter how good something in TNA is, you will always, 100%, beyond any shadow of doubt find a way to complain about it, even if it's whining about some aspect of it that is completely irrelevant.

Angle could have a five-star match with Roode at BFG with Roode winning in dramatic fashion and you'd be the first one among a crowd of cheering and congratulatory fans to write something like "Great win for Bobby, but I can't believe TNA let that fan in the back right corner with the cookie monster outfit enter their shot for Roode's celebration."

So like I said: Everyone agrees the segment is well done. KB finds a way to complain about a minor aspect of it. SHOCKING!

And what drives a discussion more: one more person saying the same thing, or one person offering a completely different viewpoint on it?

Also I would certainly think that the ending with the stipulation being added was the whole point of the segment and not completely irrelevant as you put it.

So you complain incessantly just to complain, because you think it drives "discussion"? I don't call that discussion any more than me trolling something WWE by going into an active thread and talking shit. I call it complaining to complain, or worse yet, trolling, as you know no intelligent discussions will be had of it – only angry reaction and more complaining.

Now I'm not saying you're only here to complain—I understand you write your reviews and what not—but I also don't think you're here not to, as you yourself pretty much confirmed above.

Couldn't watch the show was enjoying watching the yanks lose to much. Guess I'll watch roode and storm and the hulk hogan segment to laugh at.

So you complain incessantly just to complain, because you think it drives "discussion"? I don't call that discussion any more than me trolling something WWE by going into an active thread and talking shit. I call it complaining to complain, or worse yet, trolling, as you know no intelligent discussions will be had of it – only angry reaction and more complaining.

I'd get nothing but screamed at and red repped for it, as I should, because it's obvious the only reason I was there was to complain.

Now I'm not saying you're only here to complain—I understand you write your reviews and what not—but I also don't think you're here not to, as you yourself pretty much confirmed above.

Not at all. I have never once complained about something that I wasn't at least somewhat annoyed by/found fault with. I know full well I'm going to get yelled at for what I say and I have no problem arguing with each and every one of the TNA fans. I've done it for the last two years or so and I like it.

As for me knowing no intelligent discussion will come from it, is that completely my fault, or is it the fault of the people I'm debating with for not wanting to see a different viewpoint?

This again?

I for one certainly cannot stomach seeing an opposing viewpoint. It fills me with such bile and insecurity in my own views that I frequently pass on the WZ LD these days. I just can't take opposition.

This again?

I for one certainly cannot stomach seeing an opposing viewpoint. It fills me with such bile and insecurity in my own views that I frequently pass on the WZ LD these days. I just can't take opposition.

It's such a good sign to see progress. I can off you a better couch next time but I'm off to watch a highlight package of Thesz Presses (is the actual version supposed to be a pinning combination I believe?)

That's how Lou generally used it (infact for the bulk of his career (almost everything pre mexico) it wasn't even a take down, it was just his way of applying a cover, in full mount with hands pressed down on the opponent's shoulders. That's not my objection though.

My problem is that what Tera keeps doing is simply not a Thesz press, it's a seated senton to a standing opponent, there is a clear difference. A Thesz press has the bodies aligned with the users legs bellow the recipient's arms. Otherwise it's a senton.

I think I remember seeing that on a wrestling episode of the Munsters (no idea if that ever aired in England). I think I know what you mean though.

Given how my Yankees did, I'm almost sorry I missed this in favor of that heartbreak. At least here I would have been able to take in the comedy stylings of IDR.

As for the final segment, I DVR'ed and caught that. Fine segment that would have worked well IF TNA didn't tell the fans it was coming the last couple of weeks. Had the speech come as a surprise and then been revealed as a ploy out of nowhere, that would have been solid. As it stands, for anyone to say that "the fans were legitimately worked" and still defend said fans is pretty bad. You are now defending people who bought a retirement speech when it was said a week before that "we'll find a way out of this match" and then while the speech was happening, the guy who wants the match was commenting on how it was bullshit.

So I say fine execution on the segment, but if you actually went into it without knowing it was coming, you have lost all credibility to tell any other wrestling fans that they are idiots. There is no bigger idiot than the fan who bought the retirement speech in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back