• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IMPACT Wrestling LD for 10.06.11

The fans in attendance were most likely legimate worked because this show was taped the day before last weeks Impact aired so they probably had no idea about Hogan's speech and how Sting was mocking it and saying Hogan was such a Great actor

The fans in attendance were most likely legimate worked because this show was taped the day before last weeks Impact aired so they probably had no idea about Hogan's speech and how Sting was mocking it and saying Hogan was such a Great actor

Perhaps that's true and I suppose I could buy that if these fans only saw that segment and nothing else. I can dig that part.

The problem is, all 1 million other people that watch Impact weekly saw the pathetic trail of events leading up to it and were spoodfed a swerve to the point where the only swerve would have been for Hogan to actually walk away. So while this segment by itself is fine and done pretty well, it doesn't save the piss poor story arc that it was a part of.

I suppose you had to get to Hogan/Sting somehow and still have some heat around it, but I'd prefer as a viewer not to be treated like an absolute moron the next time. Then again, I'm not a moron so I'm not wrestling's target demographic so there you go.

One thing I never got in wrestling: why does no one go back and watch tape? If this is supposed to cause tension between Beer Money, couldn't it be cleared up by Storm watching Impact over again? I mean, you would assume he watches film of his matches to study, so wouldn't he know Roode had nothing to do with it? I've never gotten that in wrestling. You would think it would solve so many misunderstandings.

...Woah.

One final note regarding the TNA fans:

I find it very interesting that TNA fans pride themselves on being the smart fans and the more mature ones that are sick of the PG era and being treated like children, yet if we're to believe that they were that angry over Hogan's scheme being exposed, it makes them look more like children that can be led around by the nose than any WWE fan has looked in years.

"Gee....Hogan doesn't want to fight Sting and he promised that he wouldn't do it then says he has a way to get out of it."

One week passes.

"OH NO!!! HE'S RETIRING!!! I'M SO SAD AND CRUSHED!!!"

One more week passes and it's exposed as a lie.

"KILL HIM!!! HANG HIS BALD HEAD ON A PIKE TO BLIND HIS CHILDREN WITH THE SUN REFLECTING ONTO IT AS IT BURNS HIS SCALPED CARCASS!!!"

Translation: My favorite wrestler told a lie and I actually fell for it, which is exactly what I take pride in not doing because TNA is about wrestling, not silly stories, right?

Do we really need to give you the why we enjoy TNA speech again? Because you clearly have a peculiar viewpoint on what it is that we enjoy about it. I have yet to figure out why all the haters are so damn mad about that slogan TNA chose recently. The first time you purposely misrepresent it, I can see the appeal. The 500th? Getting kind of old.

You have an odd definition of so called smart fans as well. It isn't about outsmarting the show, it is about just realistically not being caught up in dumb stories. This wasn't a dumb story. It was a story good enough to interest smart fans. That is all "smart" fans actually want. On top of that the conclusion provided reasons to be mad at Hogan for fans of any type. Anyone that watches a wrestling show wants to be worked. When the show successfully does that I have no idea how you want to spin that as a bad thing, especially when you admit that the audience is harder to work in theory.

I was thinking about it last night and that segment showed how old school still works. People say old school ways of generating heat don't play anymore. That is bullshit. The truth is that companies are afraid to actually work their fans now to those extents and the product suffers for it. Whether it be because of sponsors or the focus on delivering what is advertised. Sometimes it makes a lot of sense to do a story that purposely disappoints fans because it generates a genuine reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back