• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IMPACT Wrestling LD for 03.01.12

Since he teamed with Bully Ray for one common goal and that was Sting. However Roode and Ray have shown they would stab each other in the back. I see no difference here. 2 heels who have one common goal, however they both would stab each other in the back.

During a house show on Sunday Bully came to Roodes aid and became a tag team. I say they are still together.. now add Aries to that duo and you got a great heel stable.

That's kind of it, but that's not what was said. Aries said he doesn't like Sting because he holds the X-Division back from being in main events. Roode has been in every main event for 5 months so that's who is getting the spot over Aries. That's what I'm saying.

Roode is about the championship, not the main event. It all goes back to having a goal though. Aries is pissed at Sting for going to the main event and Roode is pissed that Sting would book himself into the ME, but it is more about booking himself against Roode.

Why at this moment should either of them care about either one being in the ME when right now when Sting is the target?

Your logic is something that should come up 3-4 months down the line if they decide to stick with the pairing.

Roode did maintain a lengthy alliance with Bully Ray, a man ever more obviously attempting to take his spot. Roode uses people to get backup.

Perhaps, except not really. The first sign that Ray wanted the title, they pretty much split so it's not like it was known for a long time. Plus, Ray hasn't won a pay per view match in forever so it's not like he's a threat anyways.

hmmm what if..

Roode = World Champ
Aries = X-Division Champ
Bully Ray = Turns TV Champ

they would be a very dominate Heel stable there..

one thing I hate about TNA is that they play their song as they break to commercials. Such a little thing that makes the production look cheesy

hmmm what if..

Roode = World Champ
Aries = X-Division Champ
Bully Ray = Turns TV Champ

they would be a very dominate Heel stable there..

I like the idea of Roode using other bad guy wrestlers to get whatever he wants than having yet another main event heel stable.

Roode is about the championship, not the main event. It all goes back to having a goal though. Aries is pissed at Sting for going to the main event and Roode is pissed that Sting would book himself into the ME, but it is more about booking himself against Roode.

Why at this moment should either of them care about either one being in the ME when right now when Sting is the target?

Your logic is something that should come up 3-4 months down the line if they decide to stick with the pairing.

It was just the choice of words there that I was commenting on. Aries said that he didn't like how the X-Division never main events. Well, the reason it doesn't is because the heavyweight title does and that champ is Roode, who Aries is appealing to for sympathy. With Roode's current character, I somehow doubt he'd give up the main event spot on cards (known as the biggest money spot) just because another guy wants it. He'd screw over anyone to keep that spot, title or not.

Perhaps, except not really. The first sign that Ray wanted the title, they pretty much split so it's not like it was known for a long time. Plus, Ray hasn't won a pay per view match in forever so it's not like he's a threat anyways.

No they didn't They hinted for weeks that Ray wanted the title, but he kept helping Ray because he kept asking Roode for a title shot. Remember the promos in the back of them trying to walk out the door at the same time because they thought one would stab the other one in the back?

Bully also pulled the ref out of 2 or 3 of Roodes matches. It wasn't until that last Impact before this past PPV that Bully left Roode in to tap to the scorpion death lock.

Roode is far too busy preparing to get destroyed by James Storm at Lockdown to be building any stables.

No they didn't They hinted for weeks that Ray wanted the title, but he kept helping Ray because he kept asking Roode for a title shot. Remember the promos in the back of them trying to walk out the door at the same time because they thought one would stab the other one in the back?

Bully also pulled the ref out of 2 or 3 of Roodes matches. It wasn't until that last Impact before this past PPV that Bully left Roode in to tap to the scorpion death lock.

You're right. I was just saying it was only for the show where Bully got a title shot. They had been an alliance for months before that. The second Bully got a title shot it was about him which makes perfect sense for a heel. I guess as long as the guy you're helping isn't trying to take your title and your spot it's all good. Of course, Aries IS trying to take Roode's spot as he said so but yea.

It was just the choice of words there that I was commenting on. Aries said that he didn't like how the X-Division never main events. Well, the reason it doesn't is because the heavyweight title does and that champ is Roode, who Aries is appealing to for sympathy. With Roode's current character, I somehow doubt he'd give up the main event spot on cards (known as the biggest money spot) just because another guy wants it. He'd screw over anyone to keep that spot, title or not.

But in London he wrestled at the 10pm spot and never said a word about not main eventing. It is about the title.

Lets look at it like this. If Aries main events a PPV that means Roode gets a month off which in turns keeps Roode's number 1 thing around his waist. Why should he be worried about Aries when Aries wants the ME and not the world title?

But in London he wrestled at the 10pm spot and never said a word about not main eventing. It is about the title.

Lets look at it like this. If Aries main events a PPV that means Roode gets a month off which in turns keeps Roode's number 1 thing around his waist. Why should he be worried about Aries when Aries wants the ME and not the world title?

Again, you're equating TV with Pay Per Views which aren't the same thing. PPV is where you make your money. Champs wrestle the 10PM match all the time on TV. If you are going to wrestle on PPV, you want the main event. Somehow I doubt Roode would want to (in character) give that up.

Hmm I got to thinking about something.. Eric Bischoff was a pretty good announcer before the nWo thing in WCW what if Eric and Jermey Borash were on the announce table from time to time instead of Taz/Tenay? JB is a good play by play guy..

Hmm I got to thinking about something.. Eric Bischoff was a pretty good announcer before the nWo thing in WCW what if Eric and Jermey Borash were on the announce table from time to time instead of Taz/Tenay? JB is a good play by play guy..

I believe Bischoff/Borash will be doing an episode of Xplosion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back