EC–err TNA LD for 07/22

Breaking news: The San Francisco 49ers are calling a news conference tomorrow to announce the re-signing of Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Tom Rathman, and several other guys from their glory days of the 1980's. Apparently they went to the NFL commissioner and 49ers ownership and got a little emotional, said they missed their glory days from back when they were still relevant, and want to come back for one more season. Sure they're all old now and out of shape, but it's going to make for a compelling season nontheless.

Two things:

1) I already made the comparison using Reggie Jackson on the Yankees. Stop stealing my ideas!.............and doing them better.

2) Joe Montana is NOT out of shape. He uses shape ups to stay fit even into his 50s damnit!

He was never pushed because he never drew anything.
If they're gonna give him one shot and then bump him back down the card when it's possible Chris Jericho could have been responsible for the low buyrate, then they're not giving him a chance to draw.

If they're gonna give him one shot and then bump him back down the card when it's possible Chris Jericho could have been responsible for the low buyrate, then they're not giving him a chance to draw.
This is quite true. The whole pot thing messed up whatever chance he had, although it's hard to have sympathy for a guy that was finally given a chance and then blows it like that.

I don't think it was the pot. I think it was the part where he got behind the wheel that did him in. But yeah, I agree.

Terry lost his title? Fucking bullshit. Someone needs a good fisting.

200px-Rob_Terry.jpg

Unless you have common sense that is.

Whoa whoa, gonna argue each and every one of these

Jericho was a big deal in SMW before he went to ECW.

Yeah, bullshit. Jericho was on a tag team, was a star in Mexico, and that's it. ECW was where he was noticed by Bisch, and that's undeniable. Jericho big in SMW? He was a tag team guy, and shit one promos. Don't know where you're getting this from.

Eddie and Benoit were stars in Japan, as was Jericho.

Benoit? Yes. Eddie's career was made in ECW. As for Jericho, he was known in WAR, but even there, not nearly half as much as he'd be known in ECW.

Austin was the US and TV Champion in WCW before he went to WCW.

Right, about the same time he lost to Hacksaw Jim Duggan in a quarter of a minute. Austin was seen as a good worker, and that was it. It wasn't until ECW that he was seen worth a damn on promos.

They all had legit careers before they went to ECW. They would have been fine without it.

ECW is what showed they were capable of being superstars, moreso than any promotion.

Oh yeah, this is an LD. I'm not exactly live. Piss poor show. But if I'm promised Jerry Lynn and RVD, I'll be cool

Yeah those Austin promos where he was wearing black and cursing and yelling about old guys. Some of the best stuff WCW ever had. As for Jericho, how long was he in ECW? A few months? I think crediting that with why he got where he got is a stretch.

Yeah those Austin promos where he was wearing black and cursing and yelling about old guys. Some of the best stuff WCW ever had.

Agreed. Flair for the Old was one of the best segments in WCW history. That said, it wasn't going to get over in WCW, because Egos were going to be bruised. I agree that the Flair for the Old segments, which get buried in time, were good. But it was in ECW where he was actually encouraged to have this same style of promos, which got him over. Know what I ean?

Jricho, how long was he in ECW? A few months? I think crediting that with why he got where he got is a stretch.

It may have been his days in NJPW that got him his tryout with WCW, but it was through that, and discovered in ECW by Liger, who wanted him to work as Super Liger (Terrible idea) that got him noticed by the world

Agreed. Flair for the Old was one of the best segments in WCW history. That said, it wasn't going to get over in WCW, because Egos were going to be bruised. I agree that the Flair for the Old segments, which get buried in time, were good. But it was in ECW where he was actually encouraged to have this same style of promos, which got him over. Know what I ean?[/qupte]

Yeah, but he showed his talent in WCW and people knew he could be something. I can't imagine a US, tag and TV champion would just be let go by Vince. Also they didn't hire him for the badass thing. They hired him to be Ted DiBiase's protege. The bad ass was in him all along.

It may have been his days in NJPW that got him his tryout with WCW, but it was through that, and discovered in ECW by Liger, who wanted him to work as Super Liger (Terrible idea) that got him noticed by the world

And after said tryout, he would have been in WCW anyway, and the rest is history.

He didn't get looked at by WCW because he was Super Liger. He got looked at because of a match he had with Ultimo Dragon. Something that, no doubt, would have happened without ECW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back