Best and Worst finishers in WWE history

Best: has to be the stone cold stunner..theres just no better move than that and every time Austin nailed it the crowd would go nuts it was just a great finisher and he would just sneak it out of nowhere awesome move

Worst:Hogans leg drop wow for being "the greatest of all time" his finisher really sucked wtf? a easy bounce off the ropes and a leg drop thats not even painful and its a pretty crappy finishing move,hell a bodyslam is more better than a legdrop Hogan should have thought better

Best: Pedigree - looks like it can actually knock you out, figure 4 - hurts like hell, any variation on the cutter (twist of fate, stunner, rko if executed properly with the opponent taking the bump right) those also hurt and look like they are capable of knocking you out cold. Any top rope move aerial or otherwise get big pops and truly look like they hurt. Also the greatest finisher of all time the greatest submission move SHARPSHOOTER, when Bret did this it looked very painful, 'nuf said.

Worst: FU! its a fireman's carry takeover thats a basic amatuer wrestling move how is that supposed to finish a guy please if anyone can explain how that will knock me out please tell me! samoan spike a thumb to the throat, ability to sell it: no commentators trying to sell it: doesn't work. Hogans Legdrop back in the day may have been good but now just doesn't cut it seeing how Matt Hardy hits a second rope one and that doesn't finish a guy off, and finally Lashleys new dominator a running powerslam please it is at most a set up move not a finisher. has anyone else noticed that after Lashley uses the move a finisher Batista starts using the move as a set up? spear, powerslam.

IMO the rko is just a piece of shit. Yeah it looks flashy and shit but to me it looks like it would hurt Orton more than the damn opponent. There's been some exceptions like when he did it to Van Dam on Raw and he spiked him on his head. By the way it was all Van Dam not Orton so technically it makes it good only cuz Van Dam sold it good. Seriously before any of you start to flame try it on a trampoline or on the ground and tell me if the one who receives it or dishes it out is in more pain.

This is the best topic there is..

Best: Last Ride, Sweet Chin Music, 360 Splash (until it was banned), Undertakers choke thing with chair when he slams it down, and Pedigree.

Worst: Hogans Leg Drop (This guy rarely did wrestling moves all he did was punches and a slam and a leg drop), Mr. Kennedys move of the top rope i remember when my friend made it up and the next day on Thurdays Night Smackdown it was finally used that was gay, and last Khali's Chokebomb i mean all you do if fall and to tell the truth that would be FUN!

Best Finishers
Widows Peak - Yes Victoria's finisher. No matter times she's done it, I cringe everytime.

Canadian Destroyer - The move is just sick and it looks very devastating

Muscle Buster - I would hate to get dropped on my neck/head like that

Cop killer - Same thing as the muscle buster

Best Finisher either the Stunner, cos you can do it on anyone, and the pedigree for the same reason

The worst-Rugged ronnie garvins rugged stomp(wtf??) and the Worm. Would say the peoples elbow, but it was done with some charisma so it escapes the list (Just)

Well in WWE history, I wouls have to say a few...

-Ultimo Dragon's Standing Sliced Bread #2...That just looked cool.

-Muhammad Hassan's Novacaine-like move he would use to set up the camel clutch...for some strange reason I love this move. When he did it right, I would swear the guy's face would be shattered.

-CM Punk's GTS...we all know that KENTA made it famous but I feel that Punk picked it up well. The one he put on Morrison when he won the title was picture perfect.

best-has got to be619.it gets a massive pop

worst-kalhi claw

OH GOD HIS AND!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY HEAD.OW THAT HURTS.

THATS BULL

Since this was/is a WWE I will only put in moves that WWE/WCW/ECW wrestlers have done and not TNA or ROH....

Best in no order:
1. Widows Peak- God that looks painful
2. Swanton Bomb- They should have a hangtime clock for how long til Jeff jumps off the rope and hit his opponent
3. RKO and Sweet Chin Music- Look like they hurt and can come out of nowhere
4. Vertabreaker- I always cringe when seeing it, though not in WWE anymore since it's a banned move I believe
5. Shooting Star Press- Just look at it, it's awesome, not too devasting but damn it's awesome
6. F5- Seeing Brock do that to the Big Show, wow
7. Cripler Crossface-Benoit looked like he was gonna tear someone's head off when he did it
8. Asai DDT/Standing Shiranui- Ultimo Dragon did a backflip into a reverse DDT. Simply Awesome
9. Double powerbomb- Jericho may not have been a big guy, but seeing him do that was amazing.
10. Last ride/Tombstone- Why would you want to get up after being hit those moves
11. High and Low- I'm not a fan over Cade and Murdoch but I love that finisher
12. 450 Splash- Looks cool and like it could do some damage
13. Gore- I hate the spear in general cuz too many people do it, but damn if the gore doesn't look like he's trying to put his shoulder through you

Worst:
1. Ultimate Splash- The guy didn't even jump off a rope to do it
2. Stinkface- What ever genius thought that was a good idea sucks at life, yes let me rub my ass in another man's face like I'm giving him a lapdance, worst ever!
3. Fame ass er- Who could that hurt? Who?
4. X-Factor- It's a faceplant yay...
5. Playmaker- No, just no. Looks so ineffective
6. Mandible Claw- Bite his hand and see if he'll try and stick his fingers in your mouth again
7. Hogan's legdrop- I never liked Hogan, and I hated his finisher
8. Masterlock- Can masters do any other move?
9. Acid Drop DDT- If someone else has to help that much for a finisher then that sucks.
10. Pounce- It's a running shoulder block, the difference is that you get thrown into a rope too.
11. FU- Not for ineffectiveness but it's a glorified fisherman's suplex

Best:

- MVP's Playmaker - It looks like it hurts alot when he does it well.
- John Morrison's Cork Screw Neck Braker - My favourite move in the WWE right now, it looks very hard to perform and equally painful.
- HBK's Sweet Chin Music - It looks amazing when it comes out of nowehere.

Worst:

- Khali's Claw - It looks horrible simply said.
- Cena's STFU - It makes me sick to see some true legends to tap out to it.
- Batista's Batista Bomb - How can a sit down-power bomb be a finisher, I have no clue.

best in no order
1.sweet chin music, i hav loved this move from the start, especially wehen u dont see it comming
2.the pedigreesimply put, this looks awsome eevery time
3.THE TOMBSTONE other than that one tim with kane, aint nobody ever did or will (hopefully) kick out of this one

The worst
the stinkface-No comment
khali's vice grip- how in the HELL can this be called a finisher???????
stfu-and just like the guy above me said, it makes me sickk to see all these legends tap out to this piece of shit, it doesnt even look like he's pulling back. it just seems like he has a BAD case of constipation

Best: Tajiri-Buzzsaw Kick and Tarantula, Canadian Destroyer, Muscle Buster, C-4, Vertabreaker, VanTerminator, F-5, I liked when Chuck Palumbo was doing his version of the Catatonic called Fullthrotle which they changed now but when Chuck did it he put shame to Wildcat's version. I like Morrison's finisher as well as the Tombstone, Roll the Dice, and Sweet Chin Music.

Worst: Stinkface, F-U, Jackknife Powerbomb, Mark Henry's fat ass splash, The Ho-Train, Val Venis Money Shot, Mizard of Oz, theres a lot more but I'll stop with The Stroke.

Best- RKO- quick and devastating looking. Diamond dust-looks like it would break your neck, last ride- the powerbomb is generic but taker makes it look great. f5- some of those were just scary and for some reason i love the anaconda vice.

Worst- angle slam- its a belly to back suplex. the worm- its a chop that takes a minute to do. Hogan's leg drop- who can't do that?

Since this was/is a WWE I will only put in moves that WWE/WCW/ECW wrestlers have done and not TNA or ROH....

Best in no order:
1. Widows Peak- God that looks painful
2. Swanton Bomb- They should have a hangtime clock for how long til Jeff jumps off the rope and hit his opponent
3. RKO and Sweet Chin Music- Look like they hurt and can come out of nowhere
4. Vertabreaker- I always cringe when seeing it, though not in WWE anymore since it's a banned move I believe
5. Shooting Star Press- Just look at it, it's awesome, not too devasting but damn it's awesome
6. F5- Seeing Brock do that to the Big Show, wow
7. Cripler Crossface-Benoit looked like he was gonna tear someone's head off when he did it
8. Asai DDT/Standing Shiranui- Ultimo Dragon did a backflip into a reverse DDT. Simply Awesome
9. Double powerbomb- Jericho may not have been a big guy, but seeing him do that was amazing.
10. Last ride/Tombstone- Why would you want to get up after being hit those moves
11. High and Low- I'm not a fan over Cade and Murdoch but I love that finisher
12. 450 Splash- Looks cool and like it could do some damage
13. Gore- I hate the spear in general cuz too many people do it, but damn if the gore doesn't look like he's trying to put his shoulder through you

Worst:
1. Ultimate Splash- The guy didn't even jump off a rope to do it
2. Stinkface- What ever genius thought that was a good idea sucks at life, yes let me rub my ass in another man's face like I'm giving him a lapdance, worst ever!
3. Fame ass er- Who could that hurt? Who?
4. X-Factor- It's a faceplant yay...
5. Playmaker- No, just no. Looks so ineffective
6. Mandible Claw- Bite his hand and see if he'll try and stick his fingers in your mouth again
7. Hogan's legdrop- I never liked Hogan, and I hated his finisher
8. Masterlock- Can masters do any other move?
9. Acid Drop DDT- If someone else has to help that much for a finisher then that sucks.
10. Pounce- It's a running shoulder block, the difference is that you get thrown into a rope too.
11. FU- Not for ineffectiveness but it's a glorified fisherman's suplex

I like most of your list for both good & bad finishers.. but the highlighted ones I have issues with.

First, you love Brock Lesnar's F-5, just because he did it to Big Show? Lesnar's F-5 IS Cena's F-U, its just done sideways instead of over the top. (or Cena's F-U is Lesnar's F-5, same difference) If anything, as much as I hate to say it, Cena deserves MORE credit, as Lesnar just twists & has Show flop off, as Cena actually had to help lift Show up & over. Therefore, I don't think its proper that you say the F-5 is good, yet the F-U isn't.

This is NOT me, however, defending the F-U. Both were mere versions of a fricken fireman's carry & completely ******ed. Lesnar only made the F-5 look better, cause he did it to people a lot lighter & weaker, thus meaning he could fling them as he liked.

Now then.. the Pounce...

You love the Gore, which is a Spear.. a great spear, any spear is good. (most any, anyways) The Pounce is actually the same thing, but since you mentioned somewhere up there about not liking someone "working with you" to deliver your finisher. How many times have you seen people just "stand" there & take a Gore.. as opposed to the Pounce, which Brown/Cor Von whips you into the ropes.. & bounces off delivering a "spear" to your side. Its easier to break ribs from the side then it is from the front.

Best finisher of all time is clearly The Rock Bottom, just because of the charisma oozing out of it everytime :p The Stunner and Last Ride come close.

And the worst is clearly the Worm, it was a good move when it started, but it got old.. really fast. I loved it, especially the last time Scotty 2 Hotty did it on Smackdown. i still think it's epic, but, didn't like it all at the same time.

IMO the rko is just a piece of shit. Yeah it looks flashy and shit but to me it looks like it would hurt Orton more than the damn opponent. There's been some exceptions like when he did it to Van Dam on Raw and he spiked him on his head. By the way it was all Van Dam not Orton so technically it makes it good only cuz Van Dam sold it good. Seriously before any of you start to flame try it on a trampoline or on the ground and tell me if the one who receives it or dishes it out is in more pain.

on a trampoline, neither person is in pain from the move because we both bounce and its all good, unless someone fucks the landing and get hit in the jaw or something, and who would do it on the ground anyway?

Anyways, heres my updated list of my personal 5 best and worst finishing moves in no particular order...but rest assured theyre are plenty more...

1) Pedigree-maybe the best move of the last last decade (besides the C.D.) It legitamitely looks paniful in almost anyway its presented (pepsi plunge, normal pedigree,etc.) A great finishing move that will be remembered for years to come.
2) Swanton Bomb-Nobody does a Swanton like good ole Jeff Hardy. Not ony does this move have incredible hang time, it
3) Piledriver-In every way, shape, or form, this move is devastating looking and can be if you aren't careful. No flips for these piledrivers needed, as it already looks great and can be used on almost anybody by anyones size as long as its done right. Sure it can break neaks, but that is only from the unsafeness of the people who performed the move and injured them. Great old-school and New-school variations of this move are included in this.
4) Chokeslam-Ok, I am a bit biast(yes I did slaughter that word) toward this move since my favorite wrestler uses it, but its just such a thrilling move to watch, especially when its done by big men onto smaller guys (Ex.
Taker\Helms 06 Smackdown match.) I just love this simple move for some reason.
5) Cutter-so many variations of it, yet it is such a great move and fun to watch. From randy's RKO, to diomand somethin(i forget the name sorry) , and even stone cold's stunner are all linked to the original johnny ace cutter in some way. An awesome move that looks even better when both people doing\taking the move try (example: Randy RKO'ing RVD.)

ill do worst later..

Best:pedigree, Pepsi Plung, Swanton Bomb, GTS, Sharpshooter, Sweet Chin Music, London Starpress, Slice Bread No.2

Worst:-Backcracker, F-U, Kenton Bomb, Alabama Slam, Samoan Spike.

Well i got to say the best finishers are Stone Cold Stunner, Chokeslam, Batista Bomb, The People's Elbow, Go 2 Sleep, Sharpshooter, F-5, and the Last Ride. But the Backstabber, F-U, and a moonsault are the worst.:dark2:

I like most of your list for both good & bad finishers.. but the highlighted ones I have issues with.

First, you love Brock Lesnar's F-5, just because he did it to Big Show? Lesnar's F-5 IS Cena's F-U, its just done sideways instead of over the top. (or Cena's F-U is Lesnar's F-5, same difference) If anything, as much as I hate to say it, Cena deserves MORE credit, as Lesnar just twists & has Show flop off, as Cena actually had to help lift Show up & over. Therefore, I don't think its proper that you say the F-5 is good, yet the F-U isn't.

This is NOT me, however, defending the F-U. Both were mere versions of a fricken fireman's carry & completely ******ed. Lesnar only made the F-5 look better, cause he did it to people a lot lighter & weaker, thus meaning he could fling them as he liked.

Now then.. the Pounce...

You love the Gore, which is a Spear.. a great spear, any spear is good. (most any, anyways) The Pounce is actually the same thing, but since you mentioned somewhere up there about not liking someone "working with you" to deliver your finisher. How many times have you seen people just "stand" there & take a Gore.. as opposed to the Pounce, which Brown/Cor Von whips you into the ropes.. & bounces off delivering a "spear" to your side. Its easier to break ribs from the side then it is from the front.

I just wanna say not being a Cena I still it was impressive when he FU'd Big Show, but anyway I guess it's my fault not going into further detail for the F5. Lensar not only picked the guy up once he did twice. First to put them on his shoulders then a second time to make sure they cleared his head as he brought them down. Whereas with the FU they go on the shoulders and then Cena can just roll them off his shoulders. That's why I think Lesnar's F5 deserves more credit than the FU.

With the Pounce I just said "10. Pounce- It's a running shoulder block, the difference is that you get thrown into a rope too." The people working with was for the Acid Drop DDT. It looks devasting, but I still retain that it's just a shoulder block, and I don't think a shoulder block should be considered a finishing move.

hmmm The Best i would say are Canadian Destroyer, and Mr Kenedys finisher,and thee worst are the hogan leg drop and theee!!! WORST!!! The Ultimate Warriors splash when your on your stomach. Because We know how much a guy in good shape landing on your back hurts ...lol

Best
-Pedigree- How humiliating is that? A man basically Tea Bags u then plants ur face into the ground
The People's Elbow- It was funny every time he did it,especially the 1 where he slides. (It's on Youtube)
The Widows Peak- She should be champion with that move, cuz it's crazy
Sweet Chin Music/Player's Boot- Especially when he gets that good smacking sound with it
F5- When Brock caught Taker flips him around and then F5'ed him...amazing
Diamond Cutter/RKO/Twist of Fate- It almost seems like they float when in the air

Stone Cold Stunner- Funny as hell
Brain Chop- Just funny to watch a giant chop anybody
3D- Nuff said

Worst
- The Claw- WTF?
Play Maker- It takes a lot of effort to do
Pounce- Shoulder Block?
Hogan Leg Drop- U can tell he isn't very flexible
The Worm- A Neck Chop?!
Stink Face- Rubbing ur face into a another man's while wearing a thong?!...Nasty

I posted on here earlier but I wanted to add to my list:

Best:
1. Dragon Sleeper - Still one of the best submission holds in the game
2. Scissor Kick - Booker T gave way for the Book-End\Rock Bottom, but it's a classic move he's been doing for over 15 years
3. Tombstone Piledriver - Undertaker didn't invent it but he made it famous. It's better when he Tombstones them old-school (see his old tapes from 1990-1992; he holds them on his right shoulder and it looks like he's trying to drive them through the mat)
4. Rock Bottom - The Uranage Suplex made famous by The Rock; it's quick, devastating, and effective.
5. Texas Cloverleaf - Effective mix of the Figure-Four Legdrop and the Sharpshooter.
6. Cradle Piledriver - Does anyone remember Jerry Lynn's Cradle Piledriver from ECW? It was a nice variation as a finisher and it looked painful.
7. Pedigree - You don't win 10 World championships without a strong finisher to solidify your dominance. In a world of copied finishers, this is fairly original.
8. Stone Cold Stunner - Simple, direct, effective, copied by millionaire owners and stupid playground kids all over the world.
9. DDT - Even though it's a move everyone used to have in their repetoire, Raven and Jake the Snake Roberts made this finisher a huge part of their characters, as sneaky and quick as you can get. Still looks vicious even in today's wrestling.
10. Frog Splash - Everyone that does the Frog Splash makes it look good. RVD's 5-Star looks awesome live when you see how high he jumps and how hard he hits. Eddie Guerrero's frog splash was always spot on, and even D'LO Brown and Mike Awesome used effective variations.

WORST:
1. Playmaker \ Overdrive - No World champ would ever have such a crappy move like this. This is why Orton got the RKO instead.
2. Shoulderbreaker - A set-up move that is used by really strong guys as a finisher to look powerful, but it just doesn't make sense.
3. The Lionsault - Jericho's LionTamer from WCW (remember when he'd put his knee on the back of their head to add pressure? Now it's just a Boston Crab) is cool, but the Lionsault is just not effective. It's a set-up move done by cruiserweights, and a former Undisputed champion used it as a finisher. Ridiculous.
4. White Russian Legdrop - When your finisher will get you disqualified or requires a weapon, it's not good. Especially when it's a move that EVERYONE else uses as a reversal.
5. Lashley's Spear - I single him out because he's strong enough to do other moves, instead of copying Edge and Rhyno. Plus it doesn't even look right.
6. Leg Drop - Hulk Hogan made millions doing a move that not only everyone else can do, but doesn't even look painful or hard-hitting. Figures.
7. Green Bay Plunge - Doesn't Rob Van Dam use this as a set-up for the Hollywood Star Plunge, when he'd roll and jump to the top rope? Kennedy will never be an effective champ with that crappy move.
8. The sleeper-hold - The Million Dollar Dream, Piper's sleeper, Brutus Beefcake's sleeper, all now rest holds. Plus, they rarely won matches with them anyway.
9. The Worm - A karate chop that takes forever to execute from a tiny cruiserweight knocks out opponents? You're kidding, right?
10. Samoan Spike - A thumb to the throat is good in real fighting but not for knocking out 240 pound wrestlers.

Best
Lethal combination-he does it sooo fast and it looks awesome
Best Moonsault Ever-Only when Daniels does it because he does it perfect
Flip Piledriver-Coolest thing to watch

Worst
Overdrive-It makes no sense.Technically the guy who applies it can end up hurting himself.
The Worm-Also i dont understand how you could get a pinfall off of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back